Why Priest is so based?

>Which characters did you feel like you pressurized in an interesting way?

>CP: Batman, and that was purely selfish because I’m sick of Batman, he’s everywhere! He’s leading the Justice League, Justice League of America, he’s got his own team in Detective Comics, he’s got eight million Robins. Enough with this guy. Enough with this guy! So, I never liked him in the Justice League at all, because Denny (O’Neill) didn’t like him in it, and Denny was my mentor. So, right from the beginning I thought that was wrong. I just said, well, if a guy is juggling this many plates, soon for later one of them is gonna hit the floor and crack. And that’s what this whole arc is about. That one plate hits the ground. Batman is exhausted, he misses some little minor detail, somebody ends up getting killed, and then all the dominoes start falling for the Justice League. So, Scott Snyder and I worked this out that I knock all the dominoes over, and then when he arrives he starts picking them back up again. So, that’s basically what we’re doing.

Attached: Priest.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vf1g5XjaxZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

See, even the writers thinks he is a Mary sue.

I'm not digging Priest's JL run, but I do like the idea of no Batman in Justice League. I get him being a temporary member and founder, but I've always preferred Bruce as a street level hero that combines physical prowess with detective skills.

Didn’t Priest wrote Black Panther as a huge Mary Sue during his run? Granted that was a long time ago

youtu.be/vf1g5XjaxZ8

Attached: index.jpg (3088x2032, 329K)

Not really. T'Challa was always struggling to balance his duties, and he always had to fight for answers.

That was Hudlin.

Is he a former wrestler? That forehead crease is worse than New Jack! Wicked blading, yo.

Attached: NEW_JACK.jpg (750x422, 28K)

Except, Priest is a huge Batfag.

Batfags don't hate Batman.

Priest doesn't hate Batman.

And? Spider fags hate spiderman right now.

That quote (which, by the way, lacks a source) implies otherwise.

I can't believe the fat fuck will be gone soon.

The quote says that he doesn't like seeing Batman in JL and other capeshit teamups, since Batman is above basic capeshit.

His runs been good- better than Snyder will do.

He doesn't like Batman running three teams. That's not the same thing as hating Batman.

I love Spider-Man. I don't think he should lead two teams of Avengers and a Spider-Team.

Does this mean we get MMH back as a regular now?

And this is why you won't get Batman, you dummy.

His run has not been good and Snyder's run is going to be the best JL run in the past 10 years. Still not very good though.

Black Panther >> Mary sue.

>Fuck wypipo
>Fuck blacks too

Priest in a nutshell

Sounds like my kind of guy. People are shit.

>doesn't like Batman being the center of attention in everything
>writes an arc that centers around Batman
>has yet another woman want Batman's cock
>has one character refer to Batman as "Boss"
>the evil fan boy villain starts his plan by impersonating Batman
Y'know, I think Priest may be full of shit, ese.

hello mr priest
pls include me in the recap page

You're supposed to call him a nigger for him to notice you, user.
Fucking nigger.

I'm pretty surprised Priest hasn't written much solo Batman before. He's probably the only guy who would get me to actually read Batman right now, his style is a perfect fit for him.

>I don't like a certain aspect about this character, that means I hate this character
Why do people on the internet only see things as black and white

Negros cannot be based but I agree with him

I think it's always been like this, just now with the internet we have to be exposed to their buffoonery all the time

I wouldn't put people on Batman just so they could make the lead character look bad.

>That one plate hits the ground. Batman is exhausted, he misses some little minor detail, somebody ends up getting killed, and then all the dominoes start falling for the Justice League.
Easier said than done, I get the idea but the execution was unfortunately very stilted.
Had he and Snyder done more to plan and pace this out, it wouldn't feel like a slip and slide ride greased by higher power rather than consequence.

Besides, if you want Batman off the JL, just do like the JL:CotE movie and force him to choose between one city/Earth and the other. Granted he ends up in the fray anyway, but I'm talking about the split not the reunion. It's such a simple thing to setup anyway, have a threat send an invading army to destroy Gotham and other places while the JL are fighting the big bad on his home turf, Batman sees what happens in their absence and how much worse it would have been with his and then he insists on being a reserve member who stays behind to make sure there's an Earth to come back to along with others who would only be so useful in space battles.
>But readers would still want to see him with the JL
He doesn't have to quit, just become more of a contact. Have them go to his cave for investigation purposes, if you want action have them find or help him in the middle of one of his busts, have it implied they're working together behind the scenes when necessary without forcing them to always be or never be able to in unnecessary ways.

Batman showing up front and center I can believe as an order from above, but I refuse to believe there's a sub note saying he not only has to appear but also be involved X amount in a plot that might have nothing to do with him, call all the shots and also defeat Y.

Batman, the concept and character, doesn't actually have to either be dragged through the mud or raised on high. There's a simple middle ground people are curiously refusing to see and take. Literally just cut out the fuss, it's that easy.

>Denny was my mentor
partly explains why mr. owsley is so goddamn based

>all this babble
Just make Justice League planet busting fuckery and JLA street level team book instead of having both be planet busting shit.

O'Neil and Wolfman were his mentors which explains why Priest only likes street level stories and lolis.

Race is a social construct.

>back in my days blah blah blah

Wolfman wrote one classic run, but Denny is a fucking legend

Wolfman is underrated imo. O'Neil is an underrated legend, his work as an editor is often overlooked.

O'Neil is the best batfag ever.

I like Priest but he's punishing Batman for being popular & whored out by DC. If you are going to start saying "Hey you can't be everywhere at once!" than you also need to to say that with Harley, Wolverine, & Spider-Man. Also when is somebody going to explain how the Joker 'just walks out of Arkham'?

He wouldn't do that in the solo though, for fuck's sake he said he's following in O'Neil's footsteps

The tl;dr of what I'm basically suggesting.

The JL is and should act like an advanced form of a joint rescue operation, like the Rescue Heroes. A group of mature, experienced individuals who fluidly but cohesively work together when they must for the greater good and are aware of and more concerned with their immediate responsibilities before some imagined tug-o-war on their visibility or some king of the hill contest on relevance.

The recent issue is an example of the opposite of that. Imagine if you were on a flight, there's a malfunction and before any of the people who can solve it do anything they start arguing about who has the most friends. At some point everyone aboard dying would spare a lot of problems.
Killer Frost just came from endangering all life, she should have her head down, but starts popping off to Wonder Woman!

If I'm an editor I would trust actions over words.

fuck that noise

I'm sure if Priest were in charge of those characters, he'd be doing the same thing.
He had to quit editing Spider-Man because wrangling the character and the writers was such a pain in the ass.

Some of Priest’s ideas for Batman seem interesting but would make Batfags freak. I wouldn’t mind to see him make a Batman Black Label title.

That sounds boring and stupid. Batman on the Justice League has worked in the past and trying to "fix" this to follow some stupid headcannon is dumb.

Yea I could see him taking a opposite view of things than Clark. Clark has the power to protect the earth and whatnot.

But Batman's mission lies more with protecting his city.

Yea I could see some event leads to him withdrawing from League duties and focusing more on protecting Gotham.

Hudlin. Not Priest.

Which one made T'challa get retarded after being hit too many times in the face by Danny?

Yes, but Pantherfags think Priest’s run was outstanding instead of good for a BP run.

>DC continues to have writers who don’t like Batman write Batman

Because writters that like Batman tend to make a him a HUGE mary sue.

What book is he talking about?

Yeah it's a definite double edge. You either get the guy who shines a main characters boots or you get someone will do everything in their power to take the character down a notch or make them a supporting cast member in their own comic.

Ultimately I feel that the editor needs to be the balance. I think Marvel has the problem that a lot of their editors are waaaay too close with their writers, and allow them to go personal/off brand. Editors need to be the ones with the big red pen making sure there's enough action and conflict and challenges to keep the story interesting.

No, he was a prep time master but he would ocassionally get one upped by Achebe or White Wolf and shit wouldn't go according to plan.

Characters also got mad at him and called him out on his shit so he wasn't a Mary Sue.

I loved Happy Pants Panther

He's a bus driving minister. Priest's weird career trajectory is why he's a better writer than most.

Um..sweetie, Black Panther is the mary sue, he owns the most advanced city in the universe, has vibranium..

And that's a good thing

Someday I will request a commission about Deathstroke driving a bus full of Bat-villains, with Priest running behind and screaming GIVE ME BACK MY BUS!