The Green Lanterns Franchise

This franchise needs a kick in the butt. How should they go about doing it?
What other franchises do you think need a shakeup?

Attached: Green_Lantern_Corps.jpg (220x300, 23K)

No more rainbow lanterns
One-and-done issues of Space Cop action and intrigue, like a western. 2-3 issues at most.

Well bringing back Carol would be nice.
But Atrocitus, Larfleeze, and Saint Walker are all great

How about putting good writers and artists on it?

I agree with both of you on this. Those characters are great and having Lantern Corps just weighs them down. Atrocitus gets a pass because the Red Lantern Corps should be a mindless horde of rage zombies that he controls.

Boring. Enjoy running Green Lantern into cancellation numbers.

Look back at the Wolfman run, the Tales of the GLC, the backups in Omega Men, etc. GL should be weird sci-fi, very Star Trek-esque. I feel like it got off that track around Englehart's run (not that that and subsequent runs haven't been great, but I think they lost what made the character special).

I don't buy into the "it should be a cop drama in space" thing. The Lanterns don't really need to be tackling space drug lords and gangsters. They're more about stopping warlords and despots and powerful space assholes like Despero.

Give them to a creative team with a vision. But the way DC has been running Rebirth, I don't expect anything good. It will be someone like Higgins or Dogfucker.

They already got rid of almost all of the entities and killed off most of the other corps. Vendetti is actually doing some good lately by bringing in underutilized enemies and now they're fighting Zod.

I'd like for them to do some more toned down stuff. A blend of smaller scale space cop stuff and big threats that aren't necessarily "going to destroy all of space and time" big.

More focus on non-human lanterns.

Bring back Darkstars and/or LEGION so that they can have an ongoing conflict based on their different ideologies. It doesn't need to be a major thing, they can keep it as an ongoing thing in the background that still influences a lot of events. It can for example stop the GLC from solving a crime because a crime scene has already been investigated and cleaned up by Darkstars, or they can have trouble finding information on certain planets/systems because the inhabitants dislike the corps and are paying for LEGION protection instead.

>Bring back Darkstars

This is literally the next arc of Green Lanterns.

Yeah, but I want them to be back kind of permanently and to be a part of the cosmic universe and I doubt that GLs will do that.

Degrade, rape, cripple and kill the affirmative action diversity characters.

Hal n Pals, not Green Lanterns

split the cast up better, get some new fucking writers on the books for the love of god

Venditti brings nothing to the table

>One-and-done issues of Space Cop action and intrigue 2-3 issues at most
That's what Green Lanterns HAS BEEN DOING. Why aren't you reading it?

No more Earth, no more Humans.

>Hal n Pals, not Green Lanterns
Oh shit. No idea how I got those mixed up. GL's has been boring as fuck since Humphries left.

Too many human GLs; Get rid of a few. Make a few retire/fired/suspended, so the non human Lanterns can get some focus.
Add a few divisions and different roles like snipers, different combat roles, support roles, special forced, spies, intelligence, desk jockeys. Currently, only Salaak and Kilowog have different roles. Too many characters having the same roles becomes too boring. Turn it into an intergalactic sci fi military and espionage book.

GLs need a shakeup like Morrison's X-men.

Why can't we have both? A balance blend between galactic politics, space cop investigations, and rival corps interactions would be great.
Green lantern should stop with the bullshit Earth lanterns and have more space stories. We already 6 damn human lanterns anyway.

Their two books are one of the few Rebirth's books that are still worth something (i'm worried for GLs though)
They are doing fine

ITT: Sup Forums doesn't read comics.

I'll be here waiting for the mindless horde of user who will say the there are too many human GL

Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot.

They had a great run. Rebirth through War of Light was fucking fantastic. Once Nekron came in and it became a crossover event the whole thing turned to complete shit.

>he thinks Venditti, EVS, Seeley, Humphries, Rocha etc are top tier talent
better to not read comics at all than read horrible comics.

Who said they are good? What is happening now in the comics is what you lot described.

You replied to posts saying that GLs needs talented creators.

You did
>hire better writers and artists
>Sup Forums doesn't read comics

Rainbow Corps are fine.
The problem is when it's only ever "Everyone fights everyone, until that one universal threat comes along for which a seven coloured space beam is needed" and then back to normal. That sucks.

Hire writers with more imagination then
>The person with the ring that can do literally anything creates yet another solid object to hit someone else with it.

Attached: 1509110155677.jpg (345x281, 28K)

>Underrated Post.
Seriously guys. JLA NEW FRONTIER was great because Hall was a military man.so he solved his problems that way. With the added flair of the Ring. The ring should be a gimmick, it should be a tool that can express emotion. I'd definitely watch a sci find war story GL throw a lil James bond in and you're there.

Marvel, take note.

Attached: 11E44A0ABA134E8CB4CC9CD2D28A0C61.jpg (217x208, 13K)

The ring should NOT be a gimmick.

Attached: 1509251749621.jpg (1080x814, 43K)

Mmmmmm yesssssss

Not that user but I think Seeley is pretty good.
His Grayson and Nightwing stuff was good and I love Hack/Slash.

No one stays dead in comics if they're even GL level popular.
Killing three of them off will just lead to three stories of them coming back to life.

The best you could do is not use them and leave them to background limbo. Like how John Stewart was practically never used in Johns GL except event stuff when all GLs were front and center.

Get rid of Hal. It's so fucking boring that he's in the forefront of everything the Corps ever does. And get rid of some of the human lanterns. There's no fucking reason Sector 2814 should have 6 active Lanterns

Too many human GLs, kill some of them off, as long as it's not Kyle

Add the Green Loontern to the team full-time.
Now THAT would get my ass going to the LCS.

Attached: 795605-green_loontern___duck_dodgers.jpg (1024x768, 81K)

Agreed, we need only one earth lantern. Also have the story go from GL to another, a collection of tales from different alien perspectives.

Too many fucking human Green Lanterns from America. They need to either kill off half of the human Green Lanterns or transfer them to other corps. Also Green Lantern has been nothing but a Hal Jordan wank lately.

>Too many fucking human Green Lanterns
Its explained why so much crazy shit centers around Earth many, many times.
>Also Green Lantern has been nothing but a Hal Jordan wank lately.
Good.

>Its explained why so much crazy shit centers around Earth many, many times.

Don't make excuses for lazy writers. It is not hard to create new worlds or new races, lil nigga.

I thought HJ&GLC was doing good? I'm enjoying it.

Or use the established ones. When was the last time a story took place on Durla, for example?

I don't think the planet has come up lately but back in New 52 GL and GLC had a crossover about Durlans

Well first they need to stop this mad obsession of killing off all the hot alien waifus

Would a Superman and the Blue Lantern Corp book work?

>Don't make excuses for lazy writers.
It has nothing to do with that.
>It is not hard to create new worlds or new races, lil nigga.
There's like a 60 page comic that lists the characters from GL and they could barely fit 2 corps in at like 6-8 characters a page. What are you asking for? Minis/fillers where they do bullshit in different worlds that are largely irrelevant? I don't understand. The current Hal n Pals arc is on a random alien planet.

Attached: RCO041_1487523050.jpg (1048x1600, 545K)

Man, I would love for L.E.G.I.O.N. to come back.

GLC should be one part Patlabor, one part Dominion Tank Police and one part Star Trek.

yeah everything should be like anime!

Attached: 47b.jpg (665x574, 24K)

Ha. Very cute. Can anybody take a little something from something else without people jumping to fucking conclusions you cumdump? I bet you're a pig. Like your momma's a pig. YOU'RE MOTHERS A PIG!

Don't try to talk tough to me. I know for a fact that everyone who likes Patlabor is an effeminate twink.

>I thought HJ&GLC was doing good?
The LCS I go to was selling out and had to up their order amount, so its doing great as far as I can tell.

Twink? Motherfucker, I will top your ass and make you my bottom.

We need only one human lantern, if said human needs back up then the other alien lanterns or UK can help. Niggas like you is why the Earth has too many Ultraman. One giant defender is enough.

You will never stick your penis inside anybody.

Current new human GLs don't count because they suck. Of the original four, usually only 1 or 2 hang out on earth, while the other 2 do crazy shit for the corps because they have special earth autism or something.

Get John Stewart stationed in a remote border station at the outskirts of space with a tense border dispute between an imperialistic regime that is slowly cleaning up its act and a representative republic slowly falling to corruption. The discovery of a new translight warp hub in this border region leads to the flaring up of tensions between the two governments that John has to deal with all the while having to work amongst a rag tag team of bureaucratic misfits, curmudgeonly military types, and flamboyant merchants desperate to make a steady living in space frontier land. In other words, The Rifleman IN SPACE meets LOGH

That could actually be vaguely interesting if done by a competent creative team

Your momma don't count?

have the main gl title focus on hal jordan. bring back black hand. do more stuff with the controllers. and do equal amounts of space and earth stories.

Attached: the-controllers-hal-jordan-and-the-green-lantern-corps-33.png (588x900, 951K)

kill every lantern but Kyle

They did that already. It was ok. Not a status quo I'd want to go back to though, aside from Kyle on Earth

continuing from image...

there could be multiple asteroids that landed on the earth. some of them were found on land thousands of years ago and gave some people powers. i'm thinking that people back then might have only been able to get powers from the space rocks rather than any microorganisms in the asteroids because they didn't have an activation event. some of these rocks could have been passed around through out time and though of as sacred and/or magic by various people .

archeological evidence became hard or impossible to find for meteors and past superpowered people for whatever reasons. possibly the meteorites might have come to earth while covered with some weird material with some sort of properties to it that prevented it from breaking up in the atmosphere and that maybe prevented the asteroids that landed on land from making lots of damage that might be found in an archeological survey. maybe the material has properties like vibranium. this material that covered the asteroids could also cover the asteroids that are found underwater. the material could have even grown towards the other asteroids underwater to make the other asteroids easier to find. these asteroids underwater would conveniently be located in several places around the world such as in the Mediterranean sea, the eastern north Atlantic ocean, the western north Atlantic ocean, the south east region of the Atlantic ocean, the south east region of the Atlantic, the north east region of the pacific, the north west of the pacific, etc. Various groups of scientists and inventors and rich people would get involved in trying to study and experiment upon these asteroids in several different places throughout the world prior to the activating explosion that makes it possible for the microorganisms to give people powers.

Attached: blue beetle comics rocks organisms ideas.jpg (690x2403, 1.1M)

I think it might be good to have an asteroid land in the yellowstone caldera region. it would be buried into the volcanic area. a small volcanic eruption of this yellowstone volcanic thing could happen due to the activation explosion thing that happens due to a scientist experimenting upon one type of space rock that causes all of the microorganisms near these space rocks through the universe to become 'activated'. the volcanic eruption would be small for some reasons that scientists can't quite understand and wouldn't kill bunches of people in the USA. however it would cause some space rocks fragments and microorganisms that were in the asteroid in the caldera to get shot up into the air and spread around the usa, canada, mexico, and the caribbean and maybe elsewhere as well. maybe the activation event made special characteristics to the asteroid to allow it to break apart when it hadn't before in the caldera. this special activation event might also have been a special situation that allowed some space rocks to fragment apart when it was extremely difficult for them to do so before. these small numbers of microorganisms will get into food that is being grown and water and rivers etc. it would be convenient if it wasn't immediately realized that this 'contamination' had happened immediately so there wasn't an immediate call for people to not eat any food or something. some of these microorganisms could get into animals and fish throughout the sea. there could be a call for people to not eat some wild land animals or fish after it might have been found out some microorganisms got shot into the air by the volcanic eruption, but some poor people in some places in the world could still eat fish and some wild animals and there could rare instances where some people could get powers from this.

something kind of like this volcano spreading stuff in the air would also happen throughout the world as well in the places where asteroids were being studied when the activation event happened. a bunch of stuff could get spread up into the air in explosions. although perhaps these explosions somehow manage not to kill a bunch of the smart and rich people nearby the explosions somehow. of course it might be neat if people that aren't just smart or rich also get powers from microorganisms in the air somehow. i'm not sure how it would work in real life, but it might be better if the explosions spread microorganisms through the air to regions as big as like a size of germany or bigger even though they don't have a volcanic eruption to help spread them.

another topic is whether powers and/or micoorganisms could be passed down to children or other people. i'm thinking it might be a good idea if they weren't passed down if a huge number of people get powers. if fewer get powers then it might be all right if they get passed down to children. maybe children have a 50% chance of getting powers and/or being able to be 'receptive' to the organisms or maybe the microorganisms not 'rejecting' their 'host'. maybe children could get less severe versions of the powers of their parents except maybe if both of their parents had microorganisms in their body or something.

i'm not sure about whether having different combinations of microorganisms going into a person's body could result in different powers when the microorganisms first 'adapt' or whatever to the body to give people powers.

so maybe if a person 1 had organism A adjust to their body, but person 2 had organism B adjust to their body, and person 3 had organisms A and B adjust to their body with the right time period; person 3 could have different powers than both persons 1 and 2. or maybe person 3 could have some sort of combination of person 1 and 2 powers or maybe have like both powers of 1 and 2 but they were like separate powers and not like a combined power.

maybe living for thousands of years in the volcano vs living thousands of years in antarctica vs living thousands of years underwater had different effects on microorganisms in asteroids and this could be reflected in powers of some people in some ways.

this material covering the asteroid could be studied and maybe a way could be discovered to create more of it somehow or create something synthetic that is similar. this material could function similar to vibranium in this universe somehow and may be able to conduct electricity in some manner or at least maybe the synthetic version could. anyways this stuff could be used somehow to create armor that is very good at stopping bullets and require the development of other types of weapons that people in our real world don't dislike as much as real guns. maybe people have to use laser guns somehow against armor that incorporates this kind of material associated with the asteroid. people could still wear regular armor underneath or on top of it as well if desired i guess.

something for why microorganisms wouldn't give non-human animals powers would be that a weird being in space could have created the place that these asteroids in the universe came from. maybe there was an explosion and these asteroids went all over the place. this being could have had weird powers maybe due to this thing they created that the asteroids came from.

anyhow this being with weird powers could have gone around the universe and added genetic information similar to the genetic information in these microorganism for some reason. the being might have only chosen one species on many planets to add this genetic information. homo sapiens or an ancient homonid humans developed from could have had it. or maybe there was some weird magic thing that happened with a homo sapien being the first being to do something weird to the asteroid like sacrificing another being to the asteroid or dying and getting absorbed into the asteroid. the space rocks and microorganisms nearby this asteroid (thus only on earth and not elsewhere in space) would then only effect homo sapiens. whatever the reasoning I think it would be good to have some way so that only homo sapiens somehow would be effected by the microorganisms. although maybe somehow homo sapiens and aliens could use microorganisms and/or space rocks that were in asteroids that landed elsewhere in the universe (or on earth in the case of aliens that land on earth).

i'm thinking it might be good to have the weird being that made the thing these asteroids came from to also go around and have an effect on aliens throughout the universe because this could also then be a reasoning for why many aliens in this universe could look like many star trek style aliens. more specifically this could be used as a reasoning for why many aliens look like human beings with their bodies but their skin and head might just be different looking. this helps with budgetary things when making live action movies and tv shows. i'm not sure how the timing of the spread of the asteroids through the universe with the space being changing beings throughout the universe would take place on a timeline however. i imagine it would take a while for the asteroids to spread through out the universe.

having aliens like this might have some conflict if things related to this universe are attempted to connect with the ben 10 universe/multiverse. but perhaps the aliens in this universe could be alternate versions of many ben 10 aliens somehow maybe as a parallel universe where this weird being in space had an affect on many of the species that appear in the ben 10 show. i don't know if many ben 10 fans would dislike this however. i could imagine at least some getting upset at the idea of some of the aliens looking different. although maybe they could actually have different names in this universe in addition to looking somewhat different. there could still be aliens in this universe that wouldn't look like star trek aliens and could even have abilities humans don't have, but they probably wouldn't have been effected by this weird space being.

also there's the topic of whether people could take microorganisms from their body and use a sample to give someone else powers. i'm thinking it might be better if this would not be possible as it might allow the spread of powers too easily. i'm thinking it might be better if microorganisms 'adapt' to people when they come into contact with their blood or nervous system

It could but it'd put either the Corps on Earth or Superman in space away where he is needed.

A better tweak would be a Daxamite (maybe even Sodom Yat) going on a journey of self discovery guided by a Blue Lantern member. It'd a coming of age journey, like The Alchemist, but with space action filler.

Attached: x298.jpg (298x450, 30K)

The DC Universe doesn't have enough fridges to leave notes about.

>Make Jess and Simon lose their rings and work as space detectives with Walker
>Kyle becomes Ion again and fucks off somewhere far away from Jeff Johns
>Guy becomes the Warrior again (sans that bit where he also turned into a woman)
>Keep John in the JL
>Hal and his alien pals is now the center focus again

And it's not as if I dislike any of the human Lanterns. John is a bit dry, but they're all good and creative enough to warrant sticking around for one reason or another.

so more things to consider, maybe the rocks can't be put together after they are broken and the activation event can't be repeated for some reason. to be clearer than before i don't think the rocks or at least the microorganisms shouldn't be able to affect animals that aren't humans on earth. also, i'm not sure how people would have got space rocks from the asteroids that landed on land in the past, but something interesting is that microorganisms from that asteroid in the past could have spread around to some places in the earth. although realistically probably many of them would have gotten buried under layers of dirt over time, but maybe some of them could have ended up in some people's well water or in some caves and people come into contact with them after the activation event. it would probably be good if the microorganisms looked very similar visually to many common microorgansisms on earth so that they can't be easily detected visually.

also, it might be better if groups of people with powers regular humans don't have have were spread over smaller areas in this universe than in many dc comics. like instead of having something like lanterns patrolling the entire universe, there could be one group in two solar systems and two groups patrolling a different solar system, but no group is closely associated with the other. also there could one group in southern california and another group in northern california, washington, and oregon.

also it would might be interesting if there were not many characters with powers that allow them to beat many different characters in fights or who can do many important things in this universe or at least not ones on earth. maybe there could be some places far away from earth where there are more powerful characters.

just give him his own book

to be even more clearer, I actually meant to say "to be clearer than before i don't think the rocks or at least the microorganisms should be able to affect animals that aren't humans on earth".

it might be interesting to have many characters like batman who don't really have super powers or just get the power to be strong enough to do something bench press 1000 pounds at maximum while still being agile or to have faster healing than normal people in in this universe for some reason. it would probably be good to have a good mix of powers among characters however and maybe also a good mix of characters that have stories that are appropriate for kids or are not appropriate for kids. it would probably also good to have a good mix of characters that are willing to kill and those that aren't willing to kill except in very extreme circumstances.

maybe microorganisms could still be given to people that are closely related or are clones even after they 'adapt' to a person. that could allow for some companies doing some interesting things with them to make villains for hire or as agents of a government or something, but it would still be difficult to do and not very common.

also to repeat, these ideas are supposed to only be for a dc universe or/and a ben 10 so nobody else use them okay you guys. they are a company that could actually afford to make lots of comics based of these ideas. i'd write them myself, but it's easier to spitball some general ideas than to fill in the more specific details and come up with appealing stories and characters.

Put him on Titans

every single lanternfag wants their favorite to be back on earth, when will writers listen

I don't understand why whenever a character is in space that translates to no supporting cast or interesting regular locations

Titans is terrible
he doesn't deserve that shit

Rainbow lanterns were the best thing to ever happen to GL.

This really. Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night were amazing

Well Titans is hopefully getting a better creative team, very soon.
Mainly I want him on it because I doubt they'll give him his own Earth based book and like said being on Earth is huge for Lanterns because that's where their supporting casts are, and this is especially true for Kyle. Kyle's biggest strength has always been that he's a green Peter Parker type, but he hasn't been on Earth for 15 years so we can't get any stories about him at his job or drinking coffee at Radu's and it makes him so disconnected from what he's supposed to be.

it could seem in bad taste in the future and a bad reminder of a tragedy if that volcano exploded and killed many people in such a theoretical comic and yellowstone or another volcano exploded in real life and killed many people.

but don't put him on a boring team book

You gotta take what you can get man

how would you split up the lantern books Sup Forums? with John in JL he can go without being in a GL title

A Hal and/or Kyle book set on Earth would be nice, then the second book could be Guy, Simon and Jessica in space

Have an alien (maybe Kilowog) hang out with Hal and Kyle on earth for fun, be sure to use some aliens in the space book too

Kyle/Guy - Earth
Hal/Jess/Simon - Space
Kyle and Guy have been away from Earth for too long and they're buds with a long history and good chemistry, you could have Guy run his bar again in his spare time. Hal similarly is Jess and Simon's mentor, but they've never worked with him long, and him being an airheaded mentor sounds fun

Guy should be Warrior and open his bar again

That's what they've been doing for the last year or more. It's kinda dull. I miss John's wild ride.

It's been a long time since I read Hal & Pals, but I do have a question: Has Soranik appeared again after she had that meltdown with Kyle?

nope

Geeze, that seems like it was so long ago. I remember Vendetti on twitter implying that she was being possessed or something, but it's weird that nothing has come from that then.

it was 15 issues ago, so yeah quite a while

I think they speculation is that Parallax Hal will show up for issue 50 and that might involve Soranik and/or Sinestro

But Hal & Pals is fucking great already. It needs a decent movie though, whether a DCAU one or live action.

Costume revamp (get rid of the domino mask), slim the number of Green Lanterns from Earth and focus on galactic adventures.

>Titans is hopefully getting a better creative team, very soon.
Because DC have a bunch of talented creators lying around.

Yeah but you would be hard pressed to find a worse creative team than what's currently on that book

it's pretty dumb doe

It's really hit or miss, but when it hits it's great