Batman the Enemy Within

youtube.com/watch?v=dK6drCKd0H4

Trailer's out, people

Attached: johnny boy.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/telltalegames/status/974358502687690753
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I’m torn between wanting to see how a heroic Joker would play out, but hating that absolutely ass hairstyle.

Villain Joker has one of his eyebrows shaved because he's DAMAGED. There. Now you can't unsee it and will go the vigilante route.

>Hand over Doe
The fuck is Waller smoking

naw, i'm not autistic so that doesn't bother me.

Why is he so perfect?

Attached: tumblr_p5lnmrePv21vxof78o1_1280.jpg (1280x1470, 325K)

I don't give a fuck about John, all I care about is saving Harley

You do, but Bruce doesn't.

Attached: crazymode.gif (500x218, 2.27M)

Aww fuck!

I want to romance this verison of Harley so Bad.

Maybe I can still save John before he goes too far over the edge.

but the vigilante hair does?

Ya'll know he's just going to die right?
They do this shit with every character that has multiple branching paths that ain't the MC.

Yeah I can’t take this seriously.

Attached: 541F46C2-696F-4209-9430-B2AF263CCD5C.jpg (600x308, 30K)

Fuck you that movie was hilarious. If they reference anything I hope it's the double spear joke, but with batarangs.
>Villain John throws a batarang at you, you dodge and he goes on a little speech about lightbulbs and rudeness or some shit.
>Batarang, being a boomerang, comes back and hits him right in the thigh.
>You and John just stare at that until he starts screaming and jumping from foot to foot.
>John will remember that.

>"I'm sorry John, I have to take you in."
>you have to fight him no matter what
And there goes any hope I had for a good episode.
Once again, we've proved that any story featuring these two, no matter how original, will always boil down to the same Batman vs the Joker dynamic.

Is this an autistic new meme? He has two eyebrows, the lighting is just shit so one looks fainter than the other.

Attached: 1516837197727.jpg (420x410, 32K)

>Once again, we've proved that any story featuring these two, no matter how original, will always boil
>down to the same Batman vs the Joker dynamic.

I can't save Harley, you can't save John. I guess both sides are even now

I'm pretty sure Harley won't be killed off. Gotta have a protag for the inevitable Suicide Squad spinoff.

Well it's the Joker. Ambiguous deaths are a staple of the character.
Honestly I'd rather see him dead than shuffled back into Arkham. At least it would add some drama to the vigilante path if it's framed in an emotional light. I doubt it will be, though. Seems like he's going to be some variety of evil no matter what.

>Is this an autistic new meme? He has two eyebrows, the lighting is just shit so one looks fainter than the other.
pic related to the OP absolutely looks like one is shaved off.

Then how come I can still see it? It looks like he either went full retard with the makeup or the shading for it is half complete.

Either way, even if it shaved, it looks fucking stupid.

>Then how come I can still see it?
i agree that it looks stupid, but the lighting is roughly the same on both sides of his face, so it might be the shadow of his browline or "stubble" growing back in. even if it's not shaved, it's definitely different.

S-Shut up! I'm not going to choose that option!

But seriously, they probably included it in the trailer for dramatic effect.

He shaved it, didn't like the way it looked and drew it back on with a brow pencil.

It's really nice to know that no matter what universe he's in the Joker can always be counted on to act like a complete retard even in some minor way.

Whoops, meant to quote

>"I'm sorry John, I have to take you in."
>you have to fight him no matter what

That's actually a dialogue choice for episode four when you can tell John you'll bring him in. There's very little content from episode five in the trailer.

Dude, are you blind?

Attached: Joker outcomes.png (1280x893, 699K)

They misspelled Bjorn.

How did pushing the Joker away somehow make him gayer for you?

I gotta love the attention to detail

Attached: Joker outcomes 2.png (1280x849, 996K)

It's not the game's fault exclusively, but can I just say how much I hated that Suicide Squad got folded into Batman mythos now. Batman already has a lot of stuff already. Why does he need a premise that's a great opportunity to highlight the greater DC universe?

Attached: 1520540968284.jpg (1800x1013, 183K)

He's obsessive, look at his relationship with Harley. When people give him attention but not as muchas he wants, he just gets worse.

have you ever read a batman comic in your life? the joker is gayer for batman than anyone.

I'm so glad they covered Bane's ugly ass mustache

Who the hell does Waller think she is? Like hell I'm handing over my beloved Joker to her.

>tfw waller is my waifu
>tfw torn between my love for waller and bruce's love for john
honestly, it's not fair.

Didn't he have a utility belt in the Silver Age? Neat little callback if so.

Because before Batman, no one gave a shit about them. Get with the times grandpa

>every problem in the villain path basically boils down to the Joker being pissy and jilted that Bruce rejected him
They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Attached: 1518028643503.jpg (565x486, 49K)

They were never hiding it to begin with. Even the devs are acknowledging it.

Vigilante Joker hair is based on old school. Even his outfit seems old school.

Attached: 11196736-1234349568186402.jpg (600x600, 205K)

and it's perfect.

Umm, sweetie

Attached: gay.gif (540x286, 2.89M)

Nope that doesn't bug me either. You're talking with two different anons there user.

Fuck, I miss old school Joker

Attached: RCO046_1468723933.jpg (1427x1939, 980K)

>Willem Dafoe as Joker

Attached: willem dafoe.gif (320x240, 963K)

Batman: Within the Enemy
rape the joker, please

>we could have had that
>got leto instead

We have been over his, can't rape the willing.

>tfw everyone is talking about John like he's a good boi who dindu nuffin

i haven't played season 2 yet but season 1 showed me all i needed to know

>randomly insults people
>thinks horrific violence is hilarious
>knows some fucked up shit about lady arkham for no reason
>tries to force you into a favor and incites violence from a serial killer if you refuse
>escaped from a mental facility after the police arrived, indicating he must have killed someone to get out without a trace

does telltale re-write hin to be a good guy because literally everything i've seen is stock villain backstory 101

He's not GOOD, but season 2 shows him to be more damaged/ill than outright evil. I think that after all the shit that went down in season 1, it would be fitting for Batman to try to save someone like that.
The only part that bothers me is that you have to act like you're bffs when regardless of mental capacity he has committed several crimes and really should be locked somewhere.

what’s with WB and them not going for the obvious choice

This bugs the hell out of me too. I can only assume that Telltale didn't know what to do with him that early on and gave him a soft retcon for season 2. That's the best case scenario.

Worst case is he's faking it and it's the same old Joker bullshit we've come to know.

>Worst case is he's faking it and it's the same old Joker bullshit we've come to know
imo his answer to "you should manipulate her" makes it clear he's pretending to be a lot less smarter than he is.

I don't care if he's evil or not I'd do anything for him

Attached: just according to keikaku.webm (1760x992, 2.64M)

>he's pretending to be a lot less smarter than he is
i felt that way a lot throughout the first half of season 2.

Attached: questionable.png (1080x1823, 1.07M)

I think that's pretty obvious. The funhouse scene in episode 4 makes it clear that he knows more than he lets on, but I wanna be optimistic that that doesn't make him a bad guy.

Basically I'm giving Telltale an extraordinary amount of trust that they're most likely going to betray.

keikakumind

That was from Episode 4 from the last episode. What are you talking about? Most of the dialogue in the trailer was from previous episodes except for Waller telling Batman to turn John Doe over to her.

twitter.com/telltalegames/status/974358502687690753

Attached: 6055d0b5-f7be-497e-8d74-148c4e43d363.png (640x514, 293K)

>not encouraging him to become the Joker
It's like you don't want to hatefuck him

Attached: 20171121215655_1.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

I hope you can defend Vigiliante John right up to the end and let him crash at Bruce's place between outings

But did you punch him?

Attached: Slappin a BITCH.png (1366x769, 1.06M)

Attached: Youre welcome bud.png (1362x768, 951K)

I hope I can spoil him rotten

Attached: when you're friends with a billionaire.png (1200x1350, 621K)

No, but I let him punch me. Three times.

God, this Bruce is so handsome. If he looked like that in the comics I would be such a batfag.

I just can't unsee Archer.

lol

what a gay

Attached: DASKLADS.png (1364x1524, 1.86M)

I hope either Vigilante or Villain Joker will beat up Harley.
Strong independent Harley who don't take no shit is an abomination that needs to be cleansed.

What a shit-tier opinion you've got there, pal

Everyone agrees on that.

Attached: 1520634668812.gif (500x215, 2.46M)

Attached: 1520634733346.gif (500x215, 2.15M)

>liking nuharley

Attached: da_fuk.gif (400x296, 2.99M)

It also helps that he has a distinct personality beyond the "Bruce Wayne is actually Batman's secret identity"
This Bruce Wayne can be anywhere from assholish to an understandably sensitive guy. And it doesn't feel like Batwank.

Bruce is more handsome in the comics. This Twink verison of Bruce can't compare to Big manly Batdaddy.

>This Twink verison of Bruce
this version of bruce is a hunk, what are you on?

He looks like a starving model. He needs to eat something.

>user believing not having a beard automatically makes you a Twink

Attached: 13540164756034.png (240x244, 113K)

I keep thinking about what Alfred's reaction to all of this is and it's hilarious. I hope we get some good scenes with him and John.

>Telltale's Harley is just Harley with the Joker's personality
>people don't like her
>Telltale's Joker is just Joker with Harley's personality
>people love him
The more I think about it, the stranger it gets.

desu this dynamic is waaay more interesting.

It's weird for me too, personally I like this version of Harley. Her change here is like a breath of fresh air after so many changes that didn't work

We'll and she has some growth of her own.
The issue with a lot of incarnations is that the growth is basically done once Harleen becomes Harley and Joker is basically static because muh insanity.
Here, you have the obsessiveness of Harley preserved but she's given a more proactive edge in pursuing her own means, while Joker's insanity is preserved but he's bent, not broken when you meet him. There's a kernel of each character preserved but they're put in different roles and different points in their personal development than we usually see them

And that's what makes it interesting and works. They still feel like the characters that we love to hate and hate to love while giving them new aspects to them that doesn't feel as off. DC should move this Harley characterization into mainline DCU

i don't think it's that simple. BTAS joker, for example, actually led harley on enough that she believed he loved and cared about her. telltale harley, for a better part of the game, doesn't even try masking her contempt for john, or her manipulation. telltale joker is devoted without reason; he only wants her because it "makes sense," in his own words.

The therapy in Arkham actually seemed to sort-of work, and he tries to curb his more violent and sadistic tendencies. He's not 100% successful, but he's trying.

>he tries to curb his more violent and sadistic tendencies
unless you choose the villain route

I'm just going to side with John no matter what crazy shit he does as long as I have the choice. It's a matter of principle, now.

Attached: huggu.gif (540x232, 2.6M)

absolutely this. stick to your guns.

Looks better than the Harley one.

Not really, no. Harley does not feel like Joker to me at all. And John really feels like a less dangerous Joker to me.

yfw Alfred has another bad spill but Vigilante Joker actually helps him out / tries to help you help him

I WANT THIS