What cartoons have good Religious Episodes?

What cartoons have good Religious Episodes?

Attached: harld123.jpg (1200x900, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9acWybkJBOg&t=570s
youtube.com/watch?v=OF1usc-ovVo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice b8 thread.

how is it bait? some of them are good

Attached: boris232.jpg (584x440, 67K)

We know exactly why you made this thread when you picked judaism as your religion you wanted to talk about

Attached: 1503001535975.png (1920x1090, 3.03M)

didnt rugrats have specials for almost every holiday?

At least the big ones. And kwanza.

Drawn Together

Proud Family had a good episode about Ramadan that pulled double duty as the post 9-11 Muslim discrimination episode

Hopefully one day we can have religious episodes back without worrying about atheist snowflakes getting triggered.

Attached: kwanza.jpg (800x800, 230K)

None, because none of them are about a character becoming atheist.

Seriously, why does judaism make so many people angry? Islam is way worse

Jews are literally the only religion that can be shown on children's cartoons. You can't show characters celebrating Christian holidays because that's "not inclusive enough" or something. Or were, because now no religion can be displayed without brewing some controversy.

Although, honestly, when I think of the religious episodes of cartoons I watched growing up, nearly all of them were Jewish. It was always about Passover, Hanukkah, or a character's Bar Mitzvah.

As a Catholic child I always wondered why there were never episodes about First Communion or Confirmation.

Attached: Pope_Francis_in_March_2013.jpg (996x996, 127K)

>You can't show characters celebrating Christian holidays

Attached: 4.jpg (650x495, 130K)

God is real Morty!

Attached: latest[1].jpg (192x361, 8K)

>Christmas
>A religious holiday
Maybe in the past, but now it's been relegated to the cultural. It pertains to nothing but corporate greed in modern society, and the episodes celebrating it are secular in tone (whereas the Passover ones flaunt their religious aspects, to a degree that modern cartoons would never allow).

Attached: 1478969397367.jpg (480x360, 54K)

American Dad did a Lent episode, sort of.

>it's a mr. frensky

We don't talk about that user

was there ever an explanation for that

>there's literally more black republicans than black people who celebrate Kwanzaa

Attached: ZHmHih5.png.jpg (600x315, 26K)

Janitor got drunk on hot pockets.

Do you think there's only like, 10 black republicans? It's a pretty big demographic.

>As a Catholic child I always wondered why there were never episodes about First Communion or Confirmation.
Because there is a difference between heathens and heresy, and Heresy is the worse sin. Suck it paptist shit.

Attached: pol plays CK2.png (248x307, 99K)

because Sup Forums losers blame the Jews for thier small penis

>heresy
Says the the guy who follows a little cult created 1500 years after the death of Christ by a crazy German monk

Attached: 1[1].jpg (400x267, 27K)

>Protestants

Attached: Chl553UWEAAdGJi.jpg (599x398, 61K)

>the catholic laughing at other people for being in a cult
>while worshiping saints and being a cheap Hellenic ripoff

Please tell us more

Attached: fedora family.jpg (498x338, 36K)

Attached: Pickle Larry.jpg (1200x675, 63K)

Polytheists LARPing as monotheists.

This one's the best that I remember.

How many more blowjobs do you need to give to Israel before the Raptureā„¢ happens?

Now I want to know how this would sound

We will never get to see again The Life and Miracles of Jessus as well as His Passion and His Sacrifice

youtube.com/watch?v=9acWybkJBOg&t=570s

Attached: Consumatum Est.png (1366x768, 571K)

Bart Sells his Soul has its cake and eats it too in making fun of organized religion but also positing that Bart believing in his soul is meaningful to him.

Attached: barttt.png (426x361, 175K)

What's a good Yuletide episode?

Larry: (offscreen, in the distance) Morty, the garage, Morty. Come to the garage!
[Transition to Morty entering the garage. There is a cucumber and a screwdriver on Larry's work bench]
Larry: Morty?
Morty: Larry? W-where are you?
Larry: On my work bench, Morty.
Morty: Are you invisible and you're gonna, like, sing a silly song to me?
Larry: Flip the cucumber over.
Morty: What, I'm gonna touch it, and you're gonna tell me it's a biblical artifact or something.
Larry: Come on, flip the cucumber, Morty. You're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge.
[Morty hesitantly picks up the screwdriver and turns the cucumber over. The cucumber has Larry's face on it] I turned myself into a cucumber, Morty! Boom! Big reveal: I'm a cucumber. What do you think about that? I turned myself into a cucumber! W-what are you just staring at me for, bro. I turned myself into a cucumber, Morty!
Morty: And?
Larry: "And"? What more do you want tacked on to this? I turned myself into a cucumber, and God made you special?
Morty: Does he?
Larry: Of course Morty. God loves all his children. Uh, here's something that's never happened before: I'm a cucumber. I'm Larry the Cucumber!

Except for, y'know, the 85% of cartoons that have Christmas specials.

curse get for a cursed image

Made me remember Larry Boy.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

every other fucking cartoon has a christmas episode you victim-complex faggot

for a sec, I thought that puppet had sharingans in his eyes

>pretending kwanza's a thing
>pretending black americans celebrate something in december besides christmas

Attached: 1521060287679.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

Christmas is basically a secular holiday at this point. Get back to me when a popular cartoon has an Easter episode.

Speaking of The Simpsons...

>Homer stops going to church because he wants deeper spiritual answers
>Homer wrong
>status quo remains

>Lisa stops going to church because she feels holier than thou
>Lisa right
>status quo broken

Attached: IMG_2629.jpg (800x1200, 241K)

This episode. Nightcrawler's only appearance in the show, and it was handled expertly.

Attached: Wolverine_2.jpg (640x480, 42K)

>Christmas is basically a secular holiday at this point.
>Christmas is basically a secular holiday
>Christmas
>Christ
The Christian deity's name is in the name of the holiday. Although I suppose it was a Pagan holiday before.

>Get back to me when a popular cartoon has an Easter episode.
TTG, South Park, Simpsons, TMNT, Rugrats, Smurfs, Looney Tunes

And before you say:
>The South Part Episode was about Passover
They did two, and the Last Supper was at a Passover celebration.

While I agree with the second the first is just Homer not wanting to go to church out of laziness and then trying to justify it to Marge and the rest of the family afterword

That was one crazy Yom Kippor

Don't you have a Superman thread to be shitting up?

Isn't there a cartoon movie coming out about that in the near future? The Star or something?

>The Christian deity's name is in the name of the holiday.

Not him, but are there mainstream cartoons that actually look at the Christian aspect of the holiday? The only one I can think of is Charlie Brown's Christmas special.

Except it was a good episode (even if I preferred the one where he stole a ham and his rabbi asked him why he even bothered)

>are there mainstream cartoons that actually look at the Christian aspect of the holiday?
What the hell does that mean? Like the birth of Christ or the morals one is supposed to remember on Christmas?

>The absolute state of prAUTISTants.

I remember all episodes of Simpsons with religion focus being bad
unless you count the episode with that cult that took over Springfield

Remember that episode where Herold stole a ham from Mr. Green and his Rabbi got pissed because ham isn't kosher.

t. Protestant burgermutt

Which Hey Arnold characters still have their foreskin?

>when a cartoon from a country with 1% Christians does it better

Attached: snap0000259.jpg (960x720, 103K)

Helga was supposed to make an off color joke, alluding to Arnold still having his foreskin in the Pataki's. Makes sense that he still has his since he wasn't born in the US and the Green Eye people don't practice male circumcision.

It's a shame that the US will never ban infant circumcision. It's just as barbaric as FGM.

Arnold isn't Jewish, why would-

Oh, right, Americans in general have been fooled into chopping baby dicks.

Yeah, I agree. I could never do that to my son if I ever had one. I'm thankful my Dad decided to not have me circumcized but I think it was less popular to do in the 80's but it became popular again in the 90's but I think the trend is reversing again.

Because masturbation is bad and the makeup beauty care industry needs foreskins for anti-wrinkle cream.

yeah. bible thumping had a bit of a renaissance in the 90's.

The Johnny Bravo Christmas Special did mention the birth of Jesus.

American """Christians""" are judaized as fuck. There's a reason so many of them are dispensationalists and zionists.

oy gevalt

Maybe in the past, but now it's been relegated to the cultural. It pertains to nothing but corporate greed in modern society, and the episodes celebrating it are secular in tone (whereas the Passover ones flaunt their religious aspects, to a degree that modern cartoons would never allow).

People have been saying this for longer than you have been alive.

Same thing really. Difference is Jews got fucked over earlier, if not they'd be doing the same shit as Muslims.

Is there any explanation on why some kids cartoons get jewish-centric episodes, but no muslim-centric episodes?

Attached: Clementine.png (297x290, 152K)

How so? The Quran respected Jesus more than even Muhammad, and it hailed the Virgin Mary more than the Bible did.

Meanwhile, the Talmud preaches that Jesus is burning alive in a boiling pot of semen and that Mary was a "whore". Judaism has been hostile to both Christianity and Islam, but Islam and Christianity have always been in harmony. Look at how the Lebanese Muslims, both Sunni and Shiite, are kind to their Christian minorities.

>Islam and Christianity have always been in harmony
... What were the Crusades, what were the Osmans and what is modern islamism?

>Christmas gets mentioned in cartoon
>at best just generic non-religious "be good to fellow man" message at worse empty materialism

>Hanukkah mentioned
>get the full religious, historical and cultural message

the writers were jewish and not muslim

Oh shit is this the cultist gang war thread?

Yup breaking Jewish law is worse than stealing from goys.

>Crusades
Kings and Queens LARPing about how it's a religious duty to retake Jerusalem when it was just to secure a trade route and hoard the exotic wealth moving through the Levant.
Similar to how America invades the Middle East and South & Central America to install "democracies" or overthrow real democracies for oil and corporate interest.

This goes without mentioning how the sultan who liberated the Levant from the invaders, Salahudin, protected the Christian and Jewish Arabs from them and rebuilt their churches and synagogues.
>Osmans
They protected the Christians and Jews in their territories. Meanwhile, other European Empires like the Russian Empire placed many anti-semitic laws and discriminated against anyone who isn't an Orthodox Christian.
>modern islamism
Ah I see, you're a paranoid islamophobe. Anyone who uses that vague phrase is an ignorant tribalist idiot, if you pardon my french.

I'm actually currently live among Muslims right now, and they're the kindest people I have met. I get invited to dinners during Ramadan all the time and try their great food. Their generosity helps remind you to stay humble.

Attached: Capture.png (635x201, 87K)

>currently living* among...

>stay humble.
Got me there.

I know that you are trolling but I am bored, so let's go:
>Kings and Queens LARPing about how it's a religious duty to retake Jerusalem when it was just to secure a trade route and hoard the exotic wealth moving through the Levant.
Similar to how America invades the Middle East and South & Central America to install "democracies" or overthrow real democracies for oil and corporate interest.
A mono causal reason for any war is quite rare but the Crusades were a religous war, don't forget: God wills it.

>They protected the Christians and Jews in their territories. Meanwhile, other European Empires like the Russian Empire placed many anti-semitic laws and discriminated against anyone who isn't an Orthodox Christian.
Osman kept Christians or jews as slaves, don't revise history so that it fits your views.

>Ah I see, you're a paranoid islamophobe. Anyone who uses that vague phrase is an ignorant tribalist idiot, if you pardon my french.

I'm especially speaking about Wahhabism that is a cancer on the world and lead to IS and Salafism.

Personally I think that Islam is evil after all it was invented by a pedophile warlord but I don't have anything against moderate muslim, in fact I'm quite happy that they mostly stay good people despite of their barbaric religion.

I've been an atheist my entire life and I've actually enjoyed most holiday specials you don't have to believe in something to be interested in it or entertained by it.

Yuro here.
Can someone explain Kwanza? What is it? Is it some pagan African thing Americans are trying to force to appear tolerant?

Nobody knows what Kwanza is only that it has something to do with African clothes imagined by Americans.

It's a holiday made up by radical black Americans in the 60s who wanted a winter holiday without celebrating the white man's Christmas.

So they stole the menorah from Jews, some basic golden rule shit for morals and a bunch of Swahili words and called it a holiday. Even back then it didn't catch on.

>God wills it
God doesn't will bloodshed in His name. The Crusades were nothing more than an imperialist war for economic gain.
Read Matthew 26:51-53,55.

>don't revise history so that it fits your views
I literally provided a source that discredits your ignorant claim here. If anything, you're the revisionist in this discussion, so avoid projection.

>I'm especially speaking about Wahhabism that is a cancer on the world and lead to IS and Salafism.
You said "modern islamism", a rhetoric used by islamophobes during their ultra-nationalistic rallies against immigrants escaping their war-torn countries, even though the armies of said nationalists were the ones that sparked the war.

ISIS has been created and funded by America and Israel to overthrow the last Arab government that has not bowed down to America. The place in which ISIS has been created in was the ruins of post-American invasion Iraq, and eventually, the civil war-ravaged Syria. Wahhabism has been funded and backed by the UK and USA.

I mean of course, the tribalist who has his head far up his own ass would call an entire religion evil out of ignorance. I could go on and on about how war was the only way that Islam could survive among the invading pagans that tried to murder the Muslims during their faith's infancy.

The fact that you refer to their religions as "barbaric", while trying to justify an actual barbarian invasion and pinning situations created by foreign entities on an entire religion, means that you do have a problem against moderate Muslims because you see them as inferiors.

By the way, there's no such thing as moderate Islam. There is only Islam. I can only imagine how triggered you'd be if a Muslim referred to you as a moderate Christian. Go reread the Bible and realize how badly you're butchering what Jesus taught us.

I am atheist

That does not refute my arguments, in fact, it strengthens it by proving how psychopathic and self-centered atheists are.

Racist much?

And Schultz had to fight tooth and nail to keep Linus' speech in it, political correctness is older than most of the people posting

>God doesn't will bloodshed in His name

LOL

Remember when the Animaniacs sang about Jesus?
Can't find it in english but here's the evidence
youtube.com/watch?v=OF1usc-ovVo

>Kings and Queens LARPing about how it's a religious duty to retake Jerusalem when it was just to secure a trade route and hoard the exotic wealth moving through the Levant.
t. filthy seljuk turkroach

>God doesn't will bloodshed in His name. The Crusades were nothing more than an imperialist war for economic gain.
So was the Conquest of Arabia by Muuhammed.

>ISIS has been created and funded by America and Israel to overthrow the last Arab government that has not bowed down to America. The place in which ISIS has been created in was the ruins of post-American invasion Iraq, and eventually, the civil war-ravaged Syria. Wahhabism has been funded and backed by the UK and USA.

Wahhabism is the official ideology in Saudi Arabia. ISIS was a islamic movement, they hacked heads off for Allah, they did not kill for America or ISREAL. If Islam wants to be respected, clean off your backyard but that's hard for you incest goatfuckers.

Also your exegesis is terrible. What does
>In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.
Have to do with the crusades? Maybe you should stick to 26:52 and stop overreaching.

>Osman kept Christians or jews as slaves
Paying extra tax isn't slavery you fucking communist. Is it really so much worse than trying to practice another religion in Denmark at this time and being murdered by a mob of angry serfs ass mad you're going to bring a plague down on them? To pay a little extra gold to practice whatever you want? Islam, and the Ottoman/Timurid/Mughal Empires, were some of the most tolerant countries in the middle ages thanks in part to their giant multicultural empires requiring it.