Coates Writing Captain America: Thoughts?

Am I the only one actually excited for Ta-Nehisi Coates’ take on the Captain America?

Attached: 4E80A6B4-DCF4-4230-A086-6C63F013AB92.jpg (960x570, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hEhUP4097JM
firerescue1.com/Arson-Investigation/articles/116599018-Firefighters-shot-at-while-putting-out-blazes-in-Milwaukee-riots/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As a big fan of storytimes of pain, it's been a great run, with illuminaries like America Chavez.

Having seen his run on The Crew, and his NYT articles, I'm looking forward to Coates finally reaching his full potential, one way or another.

>implying this won’t be the best Cap run of the decade

perfect fit for Cap
>but he's black
even more perfect, looking forward to the shitstorm 500 replies Storytimes

What better person to write the superheroic embodiment of 56%land than an anti-white racist?

Attached: 1517243325432.png (939x2742, 3.63M)

>Am I the only one actually excited for Ta-Nehisi Coates’ take on the Captain America?

No, you are not.

And you damn well know that this thread is gonna turn into some Sup Forums bullshit quickly.

I’m sure he’s gonna write about Caps white guilt every issue and he’ll be apologizing to everyone all the time.

Not looking forward to it.

>you damn well know that this thread is gonna turn into some Sup Forums bullshit quickly.

See:

What’s a good place to discuss comics where racist retards and baiters don’t invade any conversation tangentially related to race?

MySpace.

This comics writer is notorious for bringing up race politics in his comics.

It’s literally part of the discussion because he makes it that way.

Don’t act like anytime someone doesn’t like it they are “racist”.

Dailyreminder that they think captain america is soyboy cuck for vague reasons.

I'm optimistic. There's an interview where he talks about how Captain America's beliefs are completely unlike his own and how he's challenging himself to think from Cap's mindset instead of putting his words in Cap's mouth.

I hate to say it but Discord

We aren't fucking racist because we don't like writers who put horribly written sadisticlly alienating propaganda garbage in their comics.

I hate BLM and am fully on the police side in these matters but I am still willing to hear the other side but not when writers like Coates literally have the Americops to present them as unfeeling terminators out to slaughter minorities and nothing else.

Attached: bhc9wlsdlxcmtqbwtqgr.jpg (1988x2211, 1.73M)

>I hate BLM and am fully on the police side
lol cuck

>>>/reddit/

After the garbage that was the latter half of Secret empire, and the wasted effort of Falcap, that's not exactly a high bar to hit, no?

It's more than that. It's the foundation of everything he's ever written in all mediums. He has a bigger hard on for race politics than Frank Miller has for Nazis, whores AND nazi whores.

She's never coming back, is she?

Attached: Jet.jpg (900x1366, 383K)

Coates' Black Panther is one of the best cures for insomnia I've ever experienced. I imagine his Cap will be no different. I can't wait to crack open a Cap comic to read long, meandering swaths of nothing happening where Coates uses characters that exist around the title character (who barely has a role in his own book) to soapbox his views on race and social politics. I'll be sleeping soundly in no time.

It will continue the proud Marvel tradition of being garbage. I just hope it will be hilarious like America, instead of boring like his Black Panther. Christ why can’t they get Cap right?

>We aren't fucking racist
>I hate BLM and am fully on the police side in these matters

Bruh. You are LITERALLY supporting institutional racism.

Nice Big Barda rip off

Nice bait.

take a long look at yourself

No that’s quite clearly a Big Barda costume rip off, just like how Sideways copies Spider-Man.

>We aren't fucking racist
>I hate BLM and am fully on the police side in these matters

Attached: nbrvhcu.jpg (538x894, 126K)

Yeah, Remender was very open about his run being a love letter to Kirby.

Being Kirby inspired =/= ripping off a particular Kirby character
Also, she has nothing in common with Barda other than maybe her look.

>Captain America will have politics and race issues in it
Wow how completely unprecedented, this is an outrage

Please watch this - youtube.com/watch?v=hEhUP4097JM
He goes through every single case of police on black killings of late and not a single one of them even the multiple ones in which he agrees the cops did something wrong, provably were motivated by racism.
BLM literally shoot at fucking fire fighters trying to put out the blazes they set.
firerescue1.com/Arson-Investigation/articles/116599018-Firefighters-shot-at-while-putting-out-blazes-in-Milwaukee-riots/
How is it fucking racist to be on the fire fighters side?

Why? Explain exactly what is fucking racist about believing in law & order and denouncing gang/drug culture? Genetics have fuck all to do with crime, culture in low income minority heavy areas does.
Poor white rednecks are just as likely to be criminals.

>BLM literally shoot at fucking fire fighters trying to put out the blazes they set.
They saw sirens, felt in danger and opened fire. My heart goes to fire fighters who did nothing wrong, but it's hard to blame protesters for overreacting with situation being so tense due to police murdering folks. All around shitty situation, doesn't mean BLM was to blame for it.

> doesn't mean BLM was to blame for it.
THEY SET THE FUCKING FIRES or at the very least they set the protest in motion that became riots & looting. They are fully damn responsible you fucking psychotic.

>pro police state
>ignores it as long the clubber unarmed black people

Bootlicking, anti freedom perma loser.

Attached: 1519685567856.jpg (737x747, 230K)

>"please watch this video that explains """my""" argument as I'm incapable of expressing myself in any meaningful way"
>it's a fucking Steven Crowder video

Attached: index.jpg (253x199, 5K)

I'm not ignoring anything, it's factually not a police state in anyway.
All of us regardless of race can come and go as we please pretty much anywhere we want.

>they set the protest in motion that became riots & looting
That's guilt by association. I'm sure you as a supporter of police force won't be hypocritical enough to use this fallacy in order to blame BLM for actions of few bad apples in a crowd. They didn't start the fires. I'm not in favour of rioting btw.
Yeah, pretty funny. Like I'm going to spend my time watching cryptofash agitprop.

> I'm incapable of expressing myself in any meaningful way"
I'm not trying to express myself, he provides provable facts I am desperately trying to make you aware of.
He goes over & provides context for over 30 different cases, you expect me to summerize all of them despite the fact that many of then are very different from each other?
No wonder you eat up cops being treated like a monolith, you have no concept of fucking nuance.

> They didn't start the fires
You have zero proof of this.
It turning into a riot very well could have been the end game of the organizers of the protest.
> cryptofash agitprop.
No godly idea what this means but Crowder isn't a conspiracy theorist. You can verify the facts he presents, he provides video footage of several of the incidents and like I said above, several of the cases (almost half of them) he agrees the cops did do something wrong.

>see Captain America thread
>"oh great, I get to talk about Cap!"
>open thread
>it's nothing but political shitflinging
>close tab
>turn off computer
>set self on fire

>"we need change"
>renowned writer comes in and writes a story with actual complexity and themes, that are left leaning
>"no not like that"

A black guy is doing Justice League and people have been enjoying it haven't that?

People here dislike Priest's JL as far as I can tell.

>You have zero proof of this.
That's not how burden of proof works, lmao. You need to have proof to accuse them of starting fires.
>cops being treated as monolith is wrong
>BLM should be blamed for actions of random people from the crowd who lost their heads out of anger
Look at Jimbo over here, King of Nuance. Maybe just accept that your willingness to apply double standards comes from racial prejudice. Sup Forums had a handy guide about logical fallacies, you should read it next time you visit.

> Maybe just accept that your willingness to apply double standards comes from racial prejudice
No its because law & order is inherently a noble goal.
BLM goal of stopping cops from protecting themselves and saving other people's lives is not only not noble it's fucking evil.
Anyone who showed up to the protest is responsible because they very well fucking knew it was a likely possibility it could turn into a riot and they went and protested anyway because they decided their cause was more important then the lives they put at risk.
And in some of these BLM riots it wasn't even a protest before hand, they just started burning stuff the instant they heard their was a police shooting before a single fact was made public.

Not really

I haven't been reading it, I wasn't aware he was black. I still intend to read it.
My problem with Coates is political not racial. I liked his 1st arc on Panther a lot. My concern from his cap run is entirely based around his Panther & Crew writing and that interview he did.

I'm sure he'll get plenty of artistic and editorial support, and it'll be good.

First 3 sentences are straight up wrong, 4th one is accusation without proof. This is pointless, and I feel bad for being a catalyst for you to derail the thread, what was probably your goal from the beginning.
I'm also pumped for his run. I'm not the biggest fan of his BP run (too lore-heavy), but Captain America is a better fit. There is a lot of essential elements of America left to unpack on pages of Marvel comics, and TNC is perfect guy for it. Also he's genuinely a fan from what I've read, so he'll probably treat Cap with respect.

Law & Order being noble is straight up wrong? So your a fucking anarchist?
> what was probably your goal from the beginning.
No I am - I WANT to like Coates, I really do, his world building in that first Panther arc was fucking phenomenal.
Cap is my favorite comic character (Thor is a close 2nd), I am just concerned.

bum bum
Coates is cool

Law and order is not inherently a good thing, and should be moderated by common sense and communication with the people it's supposed to be protecting.
Don't ever blindly praise the law and the people enforcing it.

Meme jokes aside? I think it's going to be a clunky run. I've been convinced that he was on deck to write the Cap ongoing when the original post-Secret Empire plan was that Sam was going to be the permanent Captain America after Steve's character was to be burned & buried beyond recovery. The Secret Empire backlash & backpedal kept Steve in the role (although arguably it's a Cube-clone) and Coates had to throw out his plans. In the meantime they tapped Waid for a short run while Coates started from scratch & MAYBE he's been taking into account that the winds are changing as far as what readership is really buying?

I haven't been impressed with him but I haven't hated him either. He's said in interviews that he wants to actually tell stories through Roger's perspective & not use him as his own personal mouthpiece so I'll give him credit for that and see how it all plays out.

Attached: addtext_com_MjAzMzQ5MzYwNzM.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Different user. You lost your argument and are deflecting.

Just like The Room is one of the greatest movies of all time.

I was weary of it but his interview about Cap kind of eased me in on the idea, especially him recognizing his own faults in writing comics.

So it can be good or bad but I'll read it and see for myself.