If the show had been longer would it have been canon?

if the show had been longer would it have been canon?

Attached: dipcifica.png (461x584, 232K)

If his dick were longer

Hard to say really. A lot of things were being developed, in the first half of season 2, only for the show to then go backwards in season 2B. It all really depends on the hypothetical situation in which season 3 could have knocked our socks off or reversed into a ravine. It could have gone either way, really and it all depended on how Alex Hirsh felt. In reality, Alex felt like ending the show and running into a forest; never to be seen again. But, he still sends out regular tweets. Because he's american.

why does everyone hate the second half of season 2 so much?

>implying Alex can write

Someone on the staff must have shipped them or been blind; that bit where she does up his tie is a cliche display of intimacy...an intimacy that the characters didn't have, but then why show it? If it was just supposed to show how weirdly knowledgeable about stuffy formal attire a kid like Pacifica is, it's muddied terribly by the more conventional interpretation.

Someonpost post a screencap of that btw. I thought I had one but I can't find it.

How come Pacifica has boobs in the green dress but not the purple? Did her parents make her wear a tight bra to flatten her chest? Are those black fluffy things hiding the straps?

Attached: pacificadress1.jpg (1680x945, 163K)

Because, it tried to shove an entire season's worth of content into half a season of episodes. Including slice of episodes. Which was tonal whiplash for the S2A finale. There was also the fact that characters regressed back into their S1 states. Wendy, who was beginning to come into her own, pretty much got put into a box and left there to stagnate. Mabel, who was always a love it or hate it kind of character, just started to show how detestable she was and it was generally annoying that she was praised for her personality.

It also seemed rushed. Despite the long, long hiatus. All of the slice of life episodes weren't as funny as the season 2 slice of life episodes and weren't as endearing as season one's. It was all one huge misfire and a lot of it seems easy to avoid. A lot of these mistakes are rookie mistakes and they seem to come from a place of wanting to get Gravity Falls over and done with.

who else would he have ended up with? Wendy?

Mabel and Wendy i can agree with. Mabel was selfish the whole time and never got better, Wendy rejected dipper but become his love interest again anyways.

Well, we know her parents aren't making her wear a tight bra. Cause holy shit, her mum is plastic. But, other than that, your guess is as good as mine. My guess would be that different artists had different ideas on what Pacifica's breast size should be and they just happened to be cut between Pacifica's wardrobe change.

I should also probably point out that this is Sup Forums and Sup Forums holds grudges and blows them out of proportion. But, the answer is mainly that season 2B wasn't well liked; because it was pretty unlikable.

I will never understand Sup Forums's obsession with this show. I marathoned through it recently and it was incredibly hard to care about anything going on. Plus the only likable character was Stan

>we know her parents aren't making her wear a tight bra
You can't stop be from believing she was forced to stuff these plump pre-teen sweater puppies into a constraining contraption.

Attached: pacificastatue.jpg (1680x945, 230K)

A mix of nostalgia, not many other good cartoons at the time, and a good concept. You'd be surprised by how far you can go, by suplying to people that were/are starving for a concept that they didn't even know they were starving for. I'd imagine what people wanted was twin peaks for kids; with some monsters thrown in and what we got was two seasons, of cliches done right, with some cliffhangers thrown in.

I don't even like it that much; I stopped after being unimpressed with the first season. I just like some of the fanart.

>Pacifica
Yes yes, huge chest. What should I draw?

You're right I can't. I can't stop you from doing anything. But, I can tell you that her breasts got downgraded, order from the mouse, and my guess would be that some artists were more displeased with that order than others. Possibly those that liked the blonde girl stereotype. And they give her, her breasts back; when they were in charge. Which makes more sense than her parents telling her to wear a constraing contraption for her pre-teen sweater puppies.

Pacifica lowering her huge chest onto a convenient flat surface to get a break from carrying it around.

That's an out-of-context explanation.

Attached: 1485645128208.png (500x575, 173K)

You expect me to give you an in-context explanation for the question "Hey, why does she have bigger boobs in some scenes in this one episode that nobody will shut up about?"

Also, I like that sketch.

If the show weren't cancelled it would have been longer.

The in-context explanation is cruel brassieres.

Perhaps, but the in-context explanation is kind of worthless and presumably only exists; because you find that shit kinky.

Not necesarily.
It is in context, after all. Whatever the reason is, show's cartoony designs worked just like that for everyone.

Body proportions changed depending on the clothes. That's a GF thing just as the 4 fingers in smaller characters.

It felt like there was going to be some sort of parallel time thing with Candy and Pacifica and fate changing and Dipper, but it went nowhere. It might have been an interesting Season 2 finale if Season 2B became Season 3.

Big ass.

Candy

Oof, I swear that the casual flirting, in that roadtrip episodes, only happened because people kept shipping Dipper with everyone. When has the creators, reacting to the fans, ever produced anything good?

The body language just isn't there.

Attached: tumblr_static_2rkffa0eo3eoc00ksgkw8oock.gif (540x540, 1.37M)

>Wendy rejected dipper but become his love interest again anyways.
Of all the things I hate from season 2, that one is the worst. It's the most blatant example of character regression that the show went through, going against Dipper's genuine character growth solely for the sake of making one of the worst episodes in the series.

Attached: 1439966049064.png (476x345, 159K)

Read "Anyway, I've Been There" for that rare beast; good fanfiction that provides a good sequel

But, user, they would have entered a platonic relationship, where they mutually respected one another, and that would have required effort!

Joking aside. Wendy just got completely fucked over in later season 2 episodes. All of the girl characters did, really. Even Pacifica and she barely appeared past northwood manor.

I really wanted them to make a Christmas/Hanukkah episode

It better not fucking have. Dipper belongs to Mabel.

Who cares? Canon is gay anyways and they’d probably do it worse.

Probably not. NMM was not of the original plan at all, and Alex actively hates the ship.

That overthinking.

C'mon, man, the scene was about her helping the kid.He didn't know how.

If that served as a sign for another thing or not, it doesn't matter. It doesn't make the scene wrongly done.

I don't think that’s true. He co-wrote that journal 3 thing that hints heavily at that ship.

Of course it does, Journal 3 is Hirsch’s attempt to remain relevant by reconnecting to the only notable thing he has made. Why wouldn’t he try and take advantage of the large fandom surrounding Padippica to do so?

YOU HUGGED HIM.
YOU CAN'T UNHUG HIM.

Attached: Dipcifica.png (622x700, 432K)

Stay tuned for the next-

TALES

OF

INCEST

Maybe Dipper was always meant to be so close yet so far. Or maybe the writers' room was on fire and they pad to push out half a season before dying of smoke inhalation. The second one explains a lot more really.

you can get rid of anything with a couple dollars

Attached: nou.png (481x414, 333K)

We didn't see him take the money.

Attached: just_a_hug_by_nino5571-d9bj18o.jpg (400x533, 32K)

No because the manlet is stuck in a lame mentality of "lol I am SO above shipping! DRUMPF LMAO!!".

these transactions happen off camera

Pretty much this - NWHS was clearly originally meant to be the Season Two finale, leaving audiences with the mother of all cliffhangers, there would have been more development of the side characters in the original Seasons Two and Three, there would have been badly needed development for Ford, there would have been more of a steadily growing divide between the twins in the final season leading up to the events of the finale instead of the sudden schism we see in 'vs The Future', etc.

Speaking of Ford he always seemed kinda rushed. I may be forgetting some shit, but it shifted incredibly quickly from "oh shit this dude just stepped out of the 6th dimension" to "what up marge"

We never got to see him develop - we got the backstory episode, and the D&D episode and that was basically it until the fucking the last episode before the finale.

Some things are better than money.

Attached: Images from an unknown artist.jpg (2000x2388, 585K)

OH DIPPER

I really hope they make a GF spinoff sometime soon because even after two years this show still has a loyal fanbase even among kids.

Also best girls.

Attached: MV5BNjE1MDk1NDcyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjczOTU1MzE@._V1_.jpg (500x375, 41K)

This just makes me wonder why there was no third season. Disney was obviously loving it and reasons like this are why it would be really nice to exist.

left: crawling in my undeveloped
right: character regression the character

He did dip her. You can see it in the last panel.

Alex Hirshe was the show. He's such a perfectionist that he checked over most things himself. When he fled from Disney, they decided that it wasn't worth trying to inject life into somebody else's passion project. That and his writing staff weren't really up to snuff without him.

I dunno, but I it would have been better to see Dipper and Mabel or really just Dipper interacting with a kid their own age who doesn't exist to be laughed at *cough* candy and Brenda *cough*
As much as I ship Padipica I don't see them getting together until their mid teens but a friendship between them would have made for some fun scenes

I want to Mabel to clumsily try to force them together.

Attached: 1486515468437.png (665x1195, 246K)

Why didn't Alex go for a third season though?

ecks dee

Attached: 1472635854504.png (800x800, 215K)

Attached: dippica_by_sudako888-d92k8bf.png (370x380, 234K)

Underrated.

Attached: Death by Bowtie.png (1280x3137, 1.87M)

It wasn't just the pacing being off from mashing a season in half.

There was multiple filler episodes in S2B, that could have been better spent on other plots and characters.

Attached: 52ca9.png (700x1000, 501K)

Please, more.

Wish I could post the bodyswap story outline greentext, but it never lasts.

Attached: tumblr_inline_oi3v2kYNCk1rrjm27_540.png (540x598, 146K)

I don't want that. I just want cute love.

Then, he likes it!

tl;dr version he was working himself to death micromanaging every detail of the show (sometimes for better, sometimes for worse) and decided he couldn't do a third season.

Who said he took it?

Attached: 1437153760474.png (1105x840, 642K)

Attached: pacifica uh oh.jpg (705x1175, 609K)

I need more.

Maybe, maybe not. Probably in an ambiguous timeskip episode, Implying they hook up in the future.

Since the fandom got so obnoxious and demanding with the bloody shipping wars years ago, Hirsh probably hate the pairing now. But his staff and others (are gemmulets game) love it as much as the fans, it can happen with or without his green light.

I second

Attached: pacifica - hearts.png (670x480, 197K)

Attached: pacifica - kissing booth.jpg (1024x1447, 387K)

Attached: pacifica - kissing booth 2.jpg (1650x2338, 2.01M)

Attached: pacifica pines.png (600x2114, 1.39M)

Attached: pacifica - sleeping.jpg (600x400, 52K)

Attached: padippica.png (1146x855, 1.46M)

Cute!

Post Robinxdipper

>tfw Thompgod would’ve been canon too alongside Sheriff Chubbs and Deputy Chaser

Attached: CBE3651B-A718-47AE-95E7-890359AC73CC.png (1208x898, 971K)

Attached: 81CCA3DC-6074-4476-A122-59EAD5B98BBC.png (1513x1079, 1.63M)

a jew scoring a blonde in a show written by a (((Alex Hirch)))?
what do you think?

Attached: Robin inflicted by love potion.png (1020x628, 119K)

Alex made it clear that Dipper's life is supposed to revolve around Mabel, so probably not.

Attached: pacifica - call me.png (500x500, 65K)

Ahah, you're right there, all those greentexts of Mabel living her life, whilst Dipper has to clean up the carnage, aren't out of character.

Attached: 1473580946311.png (1280x1853, 1.82M)

Attached: 1e3679ae3d29d4263de6444891c1dd7b89e6dddb.png (500x2100, 1.11M)

user, he was literally ready to quit by the end of season 1. If it wasn't for his friends talking him out of it there wouldn't even be a season 2. He bit off far more than he can chew and was going to quit and the first opportunity.

Didn't Hirsch hate the ship?

Attached: 1474613056726.png (1565x1931, 1.33M)

Multi-season half hour animated series is not the place for an auteur approach. A creator/director needs to have faith in his team to help bring his vision to life. Alex should have trusted his staff to pull some of the weight instead of micromanaging the shit out of every aspect of production to the point that he wanted to call it quits after one season.

that'd have been fantastic