This shit is worse than suicide squad

this shit is worse than suicide squad

Attached: punisher-poster-header3.jpg (640x360, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/gang-killers-recorded-a-teens-final-moments-the-video-helped-convict-one-of-them/2017/11/14/dd9760cc-c89c-11e7-b0cf-7689a9f2d84e_story.html?utm_term=.a4c3540fad0a
youtube.com/watch?v=vcuTCXpmFLY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdrXdFY0nMo
youtu.be/3fO7vxP579o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought it took the character in a much needed direction. The Mafia isn't relevant anymore, so it was necessary to update his origins. And in an era where the populace is skeptical about the government, it makes sense that some shady individuals in the government were responsible for what happened to him and his family.

Still better than Jessica Jones at least.

>I thought it took the character in a much needed direction.
It was ripped right from Max.

Bits and pieces at most. It employed MAX just as much as Warzone did.

>this is what DCU fanbois actually believe
it's not bad at all.

How dare you disrespect suicide squad

Every time he did his battle WAUUUGH, it only reminded me of that guy with the saline-filled sack.

>Instantly jump to console wars

Please die.

I don't understand the acclaim it garnered, but to each his own. Sadly I can't cleanse my pallet with the new season of Strike Back, because it's rubbish.

>The Mafia isn't relevant anymore
where do you live?

Attached: justin-hammer-10050.jpg (305x456, 19K)

Im on the East Coast. Gangs still exist, but the Italian mafia have no more skin in the game. Hell is The Punisher still a necessary character? The Era that gave birth to him is long gone, and a lot of contrivance have been made in recent stories to justify his presence in the Marvel lineup.

The Mafia's been more into white-collar crimes these days, with shit like credit card fraud or health care fraud. It's just that they're more wary than ever of breaking knees out in the open.

I see. I think thematically Frank has lost his way. Frank in war machine armor isn't bad, but I'm not really enjoying the current run. Hopefully Ennis can save me, or a writer better than Rosenberg. I'm still perplexed by Edmonson, the most military accurate approach to the character, was one of the worst runs I've ever read.

Don't be stupid, these are comic books. Punisher is no different than Batman in this regard, just because nobody wears tophats anymore does that mean Penguin needs to be updated? No, Gotham when portrayed as traditional Gotham, is always basically in a purgatory of the past aesthetic only being modern where need be, Punisher represents "the streets", NYC in Marvel may as well be it's own alternate dimension and the part of it that guys like Punisher and Daredevil lurk in is it's "Gotham", where gangsters and ninjas are still popular villain tropes

I haven't read that run, but honestly more realistic stories do tend to end up being less interesting. It may be dumb or even bad for us in the long run, but it's just how we tend to interact with fiction.

As for Punisher, I always preferred him being more outside of the Marvel Universe proper, like in most of Ennis' work. That being said though, as long as he was kept low-grade I don't see how he's necessarily lost his place in it. It's not like the Maggia in Marvel Comics was ever anything resembling a crime syndicate that was realistic or made much sense in the first place. A decently creative person could always manage to make up some kind of fictional crime group, and with all the super-tech or mutation macguffins floating around in the Marvel Universe I'm sure folks can come up with something that the proper heroes wouldn't notice but Castle would.

>The Mafia isn't relevant anymore, so it was necessary to update his origins.

Hell's Kitchen is a gentrified area filled with actors and gays, yet Daredevil's show made it a crime-ridden shithole.

Its called televison.

Didn't watch it but that'S hardly to believe.
Nothing is worse than Suicide Squad.

Oh no, a comic book adaption that adapted a comic book. How unexpected and terrible.

You just answered your own question. There's already another "I MUST PROTECT MY CITY FROM THE CRIMINALS" Netflix show. Unless Frank wants to feel redundant he needs a different shtick.

The government conspiracy angle feels much more interesting than Frank wandering around town shooting extras from a Sopranos episode.

>The government conspiracy angle feels much more interesting
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>The government conspiracy angle feels much more interesting than Frank wandering around town shooting extras from a Sopranos episode.

Not to mention we already got that in Daredevil S2 with the Irish stuff.

Also Billy Russo as Frank's old war buddy/surrogate brother is way better then him as some random palooka.

>There's already another "I MUST PROTECT MY CITY FROM THE CRIMINALS" Netflix show. Unless Frank wants to feel redundant he needs a different shtick.

That isn't Frank's shtick. Frank's shtick is "I died the moment my family did and now wage war as a brutal, uncaring psychopath who destroys every criminal in his path in a never ending personal warpath"

Chances are Marvel/Netflix is just too pussy so they want to make him more relatable.

>so they want to make him more relatable.
Well they dropped the ball there imo.

Tell me about it. Thirteen episodes to basically go nowhere.

as long as Street crime exists
the Punisher will be relevant

its always extremely easy to pick out who actually reads Punisher and who are Netflix casuals in these threads

Attached: too problematic.jpg (2560x2022, 878K)

During the climate the U.S is in, that would definitely be too problematic to put on Netflix.

then why even make a Punisher show
the Punisher is supposed to represent the current climate of crime in his time, today its ganbangers and drug dealers instead of the mob

>called The Punisher
>less than 40 minute of actual punishing in the entire show
Yeah, no.

Attached: 1494027275733.jpg (215x321, 18K)

Because in the off-chance that something gets labeled racist is basically a death sentence for anything in the business nowadays.

>that fucking "battle wail" he does everytime he fights

MAKE IT STOP

Attached: jigsaw-e1482337627513.jpg (1024x591, 110K)

Punisher doesn't only kill black gangbangers, just like he doesn't only kill mafiosos, just like he doesn't only kill Russian thugs or Irish gangsters or skinheads. He kills them all. There is no need to update or change any of that because it's fucking fiction.

>the Punisher is supposed to represent the current climate of crime in his time,
No he's not. He's a fictional fantasy character from funny books for kids.

I wonder - if there was somebody who actually refused to kowtow, who stood up and shouted proudly that they didn't give a fuck what the hell anyone called them and that they'd let the quality of their finished product speak for itself, would they make it? Would the fans stand up and defend them?

It would be divisive at best and would entirely depend on the popular narrative to report in articles.

I guess, Kingdom Come Deliverance guys told politically correct retards to fuck off, but KCD is a shit game regardless of the fact so I don't know if that counts.

Punisher operates out of NYC, if you want to be realistic, NYC gets less black every year. Realism has no place in comic books.

What did you even expect from a Czech studio's first title?

Something more playable than Bethesda's games?

>Bethesda
They have been developing games for nearly 16 years.

And they still suck at making something that doesn't need hundreds of bug fixes.

>I wonder - if there was somebody who actually refused to kowtow, who stood up and shouted proudly that they didn't give a fuck what the hell anyone called them and that they'd let the quality of their finished product speak for itself, would they make it?

The John Wick movies are filled with terrible stereotypes(only major black characters are glorified menservants or homeless criminals, women are either props or evil cunts, Jewish stereotypes literally run the underground banks) but nobody cares because the action is good and the stories are told well.

What you're talking about is Eli Roth Death Wish bullshit, where you essentially want a bomb-throwing Reddit troll to make some in-your-face FUCKING SJWS right-wing propaganda so you can pretend that the politics and themes are somehow centrist or "don't matter" or some other horseshit. You want to use objective quality, a thing that doesn't fucking exist, as a shield for racist art.

washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/gang-killers-recorded-a-teens-final-moments-the-video-helped-convict-one-of-them/2017/11/14/dd9760cc-c89c-11e7-b0cf-7689a9f2d84e_story.html?utm_term=.a4c3540fad0a

Plenty of gangs though ... in an Era where Trump got elected I think that's a whole lot more relevant than some NSA spying no one really gives a shit about.

No, what I want is a faithful Punisher show done in the style of MAX with Ennis doing consultation where he murders criminals. And it just so happens that a high percentage of criminals are black so when the inevitable backlash of
>muh institutional oppression and racism
comes, they can tell them to go fuck themselves

>with terrible stereotypes
Newsflash: no one gives a shit about stereotyping Russians and it's not like the bydlo son of the main antagonist is that far off from reality. Gotta love those American double standards.
Cold war cliches are okay, but God forbid a black character is even remotely stereotypical

>And it just so happens that a high percentage of criminals are black

And there it is. You don't care about quality, you want to hide your racism under the banner of "Well that's REALITY!" as though somehow literally anything about some fuckhead strapping a skull on his chest and machine-gunning 100 criminals has any connection to reality.

Just that pick-and-choose of what "real" things matter, and coincidentally the parts that you want to see are the racist ones. Convenient.

>No, what I want is a faithful Punisher show done in the style of MAX with Ennis doing consultation where he murders criminals. And it just so happens that a high percentage of criminals are black

But...Punisher Max was not true to real life, in that he killed all the vast variety of gangsters he usually does, not just black ones. So you either want it true to what you see as real life, or true to the comics, you can't have it both ways. Also half the fun of Punisher would be taken away if all he did was fight bloods and crips who, if you didn't notice, are basically just street thugs. It doesn't make for a very compelling story....that would be like the Punisher just going to the hood and murdering everyone, that level of crime does not extend outside of it's neighborhood and typicically only involves black teens killing other black teens and selling drugs. How do you make a story out of that? It certainly would not be accurate to MAX.

And if you just want to see Frank kill a bunch of black guys as some power fantasy of yours, hey, they can always adapt the story where Frank is black and says he's not racist so then it'll be okay :^).

Attached: punisherblackguy.jpg (600x557, 101K)

>reality = racist
Okay, you can stop replying to me now brainlet

Attached: 1482166233813.png (303x311, 165K)

This. That guy is a fucking moron who probably hasn't read any of the comic books he's talking about.

>Majority of Trump's base lives in small towns.
>There are no gangs in small towns.
It's just a popular trope among his base who have all sorts of bad preconceptions about big cities.

Why do Punisherfags get triggered so fucking easy? I swear to god they're among the worst characterfags in comics

>Hell's Kitchen is a gentrified area filled with actors and gays, yet Daredevil's show made it a crime-ridden shithole.
While this is true, t. west villagefag, Daredevil used the events of Avengers 1 to say HK was wrecked by it and caused a downward spiral for the area. Its one of the few smart things the Netflix shows have ever done with the MCU background.

But then again, Daredevil S1 was significantly better than the shit we've gotten since.

Attached: Blind Tears.gif (245x230, 1.38M)

Doesn't Frank only goes after low level thugs when

1. They're actively committing crime
2. He's in jail.
3. He's working his way up to bigger targets

>No he's not. He's a fictional fantasy character from funny books for kids.

You can wish for it all you want, but comic books are a part of pop culture, and comic book characters are always going to reflect current trends. Doubly so if they are made for impressionable kids.

Attached: [Frank Franking].jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Attached: 1343859935445.jpg (1280x1983, 793K)

Any bad things you could say about Punisher, of which there may be many its still not remotely as poor as that movie.

Your comparison is ridiculous.

>listening to the radio in my car
>Slow Ride by Foghat comes on
>immediately hear "WAAAAAAAUGHHH"
>change station
>every single time
Ruined the song for me but its so funny I can't even be mad.

Would Netflix Frank work with Super Patsy?

I consider netflix punisher amazing

>still better than the absolute worst

fuck off, its the best screen adaptation of the punisher ever. the first two movies were such fucking garbage. ever since I was a kid I hoped one day the punisher got the treatment it deserved, thank god for netflix

this some strong bait

Say why, without "not muh".

>Also Billy Russo as Frank's old war buddy/surrogate brother is way better then him as some random palooka.
I've seen people complaining about this, but I agree with you. Russo having a more personal connection to Frank makes for a more enduring villain than some random goombah that didn't die when Frank threw him out of a window.

I mean it also works with the latter.
The spontaneity of somebody with a grudge doesn't have to be close to you.
You just threw him off a window and scarred his good looks so he's out for petty vengeance.
It's Punisher.

That and being an instrument to the Castle murders

shitty generic shooter series without interesting character or villains

If it didn't had punisher simbol on it no one would even know it exist

Punisher series in a nutshell

youtube.com/watch?v=vcuTCXpmFLY

People like political thrillers. The added benefit of the series having some deeply critical things to say about the way the government treats its soldiers is icing on the cake. None of the other Marvel TV shows thus far have really had anything to say besides The Punisher.

>Marlel

Um why are you surprised by this?

Followed by
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdrXdFY0nMo

the only thing it had to say was "PTSD turns you into a crazed killer," which is not a new sentiment in Hollywood

This shit is based on a comic book, yet its producers sell this shit like "We want the breaking bad/sons of anarchy audience". Real hard lame shit.

I like his origin in the series a bit better. Just grinding his face off was insane.

Jessica Jones literally says their liberal agenda in her internal thoughts.

>If you're not Pro-Choice you're an asshole

It's crazy how they managed to fuck up what they had started with S2 of Daredevil.

Fuck off, plenty of well adjusted veterans were shown in the show. The fact is you are eventually gonna find a nutjob in the bunch that offs themselves, becomes homeless or kills people.

One well-adjusted veteran, meanwhile the main character and two antagonists are also veterans, two of whom being PTSD nutbars

Look, I just don't want anybody to have pre-conceived notions that vets are these people who absolutely cannot live normal lives anymore.

youtu.be/3fO7vxP579o
Yeah, I'll stick with the comics. I might take a glimpse of season 2. When Frank said, "Give me the 60," in "Born," there was a chill down my spine. The show tried a little too hard to be relevant to say something "important, " that it rang false in the end. Maybe I'm giving Ennis too much credit.

Attached: AyuCRUW.jpg (1229x1920, 352K)

Ennis portrayed war in its base state as awful. The show had to introduce illegal black ops to make things seem worse for drama.

Attached: Microcuck.png (360x360, 146K)

I tell you if the reverse would to happen you'd be elated with a man who's hadn't had sex for a long amount of time be even remotely attracted to the first female character that fills in the missing parent hole in your life..

That's the most surface-level reading of that show possible.

What it had to say is that the government turns impressionable kids with dreams of heroism into machines that can't do anything besides fight. And then when it's done with them, it throws them away. Soldiers sacrifice their sanity, their limbs, and sometimes their lives defending their country, and when they come back from war the government should be doing more to fix what they did to them.

It was fine. Biggest crime was the asspull way that Frank got pardoned at the end. Going by the comparatively few things in it that pissed me off, it's actually my third favorite Netflix series.

>DUDE WHAT IF
>OKAY WHAT IF
>WE MADE A FRANK SHOW
>BUT WITHOUT THE FRANKING
>also here's a scene where the stronk female arab discusses shit I already forgot about with her mom

>No MASK U SUMTHIN' posts

Wow, i'm a long way from Sup Forums

Attached: Season-two_shane_walsh.png (670x892, 739K)

I know how this sentence is going to be taken, but in this instance it's completely true:
Anyone who complains about the "SJW" themes and the lack of Franking genuinely has not watched the show.

I liked the show, but those bits with her mom really were terrible.

I watched the show and the middle 10 episodes feature a severe lack of Frank franking Franks

>compare consoles
>WOW WHY ARE YOU JUMPING TO CONSOLE WAR SHIT

you first

The SJW themes were minimal and were largely addressed with a single line, which almost felt like they had to say it just to get it out of the way. The gun control aspect in particular was definitely not SJW and intentionally made that side look like lying, spineless hypocrites. It's surprising they even managed to get away with that in this day and age.

I do think there could have been more franking, but I'm pretty sure he kills someone at least once an episode. So there's that. A lot of the franking we did get was pretty good, but it mostly seemed concentrated in the first episode and last few.

My biggest complaint was how it focused too much on Madani and her DHS shenanigans. That just dragged the pacing for me. That, and Frank seeming to have backtracked from where he was in DDs2.