I’m Peter

>I’m Peter
>Doctor Strange
>Oh well I’m Spider Man then

Why do they keep trying to make a joke out of his name? Its a surname, we’ve all heard weird ones before.

Attached: 51EF2842-3D37-4AFA-A2EE-464892517916.png (1136x640, 596K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m5GXUk6PcP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why do they keep trying to make a joke out of his name?
Because it is a joke.

>Spider Man
>not remembering the hyphen

Because Marvel is so SELF AWARE about how STUPID comic books are!

Its not a joke. It's literally his name.

>Its a surname, we’ve all heard weird ones before.

Peter doesn't know that

At least it wasn't Spiderman

>"My name is Peter Spiderman"

Do you assume every PhD you meet is lying about their name?

It's literally a joke name. Checkmate atheist.

Saw in an old thread people were hating on the Quill to Stark joke. Yeah it’d normally be dry as paper, but with Spidey and Draxx’s facial expressions it makes it golden. Especially Draxx

>tfw didn't get the joke until several seconds ago because Dr Stange is a legit established cape name

Not that user, but if he were dressed like that AND I gave him my real name first, fuck yeah I’d think we were fake naming it and that strange was being a lil bitch for being distant

>hey, last time I was to Earth, didn't there use to be those two towers in New York?
How did they get away with this?

If a doctor walked up to you and said "hey I'm doctor Weirdo." would you really think that was his actual name?

Peter also doesn't know he's a PhD. Really, they're just meeting and Doctor Strange is dressed like a fucking witch. Why couldn't he just say: "Hello, my name is Stephen Strange."?

Yes you shitlord. I would assume he's from some shithole country and would be respectful of his culture.

t. libcuck

Because it sounds fake as fuck

When someone says their triple bypass was done by Doctor Stephen Strange, or any doctor for that matter, would you, as a high-school age boy, recognize the name? As far as you know, a doctor is a doctor.

He parker, where's my car!

>legit
>cape name

Attached: 4HmGjhf.jpg (427x384, 23K)

He's white though

You don't?

if somebody told me that their bypass was done by Stephen Strange, I would legitimately, in real life, in actuality, with genuine intent, make a joke about the doctor having a strange name.

Attached: most_unfortunate_doctors_names_640_08.jpg (640x576, 34K)

>Implying Eastern Europe isn't full of shithole countries like Russia

>pun name of a fictional character is totally realistic reeeeeeeeeeee

At least the shitposter's committing to the schtick, unlike all the Sup Forumskids these days.

And we've all made fun of them.

Here's to you, Gaylord.

I was really hoping this movie wouldn't be chock full of quips. Black Panther and Winter Soldier had a much smoother balance of comedy to content, I was hoping it would be in that vein. At least it's not made by Joss...

Mister Doctor???

MD.

>spider-man is making jokes in a dire situation

stop the fucking presses

>"I hate when a serious moment is punctures by a joke"
vs
>"I hate...a joke"

After people like Dr. J and Dr. Dre. I don't even believe people if they tell me they're a doctor

If he had said "Stephen Strange" or "Dr. Stephen Strange," he wouldn't have misinterpreted him.

I don't mind Peter making jokes, but the way the two joke scenes are presented, in addition to their inclusion in this prominent media hype machine, indicates a certain tone in the movie that I hoped they'd be moving a little away from. I feel like it's pretty God damn obvious that that's what I meant, since I mentioned BP and WS, both of which had plenty of jokes, but just felt more tonally appropriate.

But they are doctors of sick jamz

That's also been a joke in the comics with some that meet him for the first time.

You must be a ton of fun at parties

>It's a serious situation

>Peter is still making jokes

That's his bit. It's always been his bit.

Because as a doctor, he would want to introduces himself as "Doctor (your surname here)" and not "Mr. Strange."

Dr. Strange is my favorite character in the MCU. What's the over/under on a sequel sometime in my lifetime

I AM a ton of fun at parties, because I am the only one who isn't drunk so I am the only one that can drive to get more beer
You're really not taking away the actual point that I am making here.

user didn't say he should introduce himself as Mr. Strange, they said he should introduce himself as Stephen. "Dr. Stephen Strange" would have been fine and not confusing.

Textbook autism.
Like John Byrne, are you posting on Sup Forums now instead of your self-moderated fan forum?

I assume every superpowered/magical man in a costume with a cape is lying about their name.

John Byrne would never go anywhere that expressed open dissent against him.

Well, why aren't you getting us beer then?

We are getting this scene for Spider-man not because he's making a joke but because he's Spider-man.

It's not to established any sorta tone. Its to show up Spider-man being Spider-man.

There is more than one scene like this in the trailer, you dumb asshole. The scenes also are not just one person telling a joke, like how you are presenting it, but they are very obviously comedy-geared scenes with the intent of "easing tension" from the film, which is dumb as shit, because if a movie doesn't have any tension it doesn't have any real emotional center.

Where's the beer money?

Well, MCU isn't exactly a place where people use their code names to identify themselves (hell, the MCU Civil War is different from comic MCU for one).

This and Quill were the only jokes. There were a lot of disturbing scenes like Strange getting mind tortured by Maw and Thor getting his skull crushed by Thanos.

He's both, you casual.

>"Hi, I'm Scott"

Are Spidey and StarLord going to meet? I want someone to shout PETER!! and have them both respond.

>If a doctor walked up to you and said "hey I'm doctor Weirdo." would you really think that was his actual name?

Yes. Yes, I would.

Attached: file.png (400x300, 166K)

>Peter also doesn't know he's a PhD.

He's an MD, jesus. He's a freaking MEDICAL doctor.

My last name is gross
I'm just saying its very possible to have weird names like that

or maybe, just maybe, they heavily loaded the trailer with quips

Dr. Strange, I'm SDM

Is this why you made the thread? Mad at people styling on your name?

I didn't make the thread
actually that was my first post. Just saying that weird stupid comic booky last names exist

>My last name is gross

Literally Gross?

yes

At least your parents didn't name you Richard.

Wel they're all superheroes so naturally he assumed that Dr.Strange was his hero name, literally said in the trailer

It's probably from German, groß

LMAO. "Richard". who would ever give their child this name?

The director is already working on the sequel's script. The villan is gonna be Nightmare. My guess is it'll get an official release date for the one Marvel reserved for November of 2019

Oh, nice! Thanks for the good info

So you're a party cuck?

Captain America's real last name is Rogers

Is he? What's his PhD in?

You don't think that's indicative of anything? Generally the tone they're trying to nail in the trailer is the tone they're trying to nail in the film...

Man what does that even mean

we know that, but peter obviously doesn't

Because even though superheroes are a multi billion dollar industry, they're still fucking ashamed of it.

Call it probably cause

Attached: Dr. Leo Spaceman.jpg (1200x600, 72K)

>The villan is gonna be Nightmare.

That's nowhere near confirmed.

Yes, they should make serious Snyder superhero movies for serious fans of superheros such as myself.

They should be with this Bendis tier writing.

Captain America Rogers!

>I’m Peter
>Doctor Strange
>Oh well I’m Spider-Man then

That’s actually better and doesnt explain the joke like the original scene.

I mean, it's a guy with a cloak and magical powers calling himself Doctor Strange in a world where literally every hero has a fake name they identify with. If I were Peter I'd probably think he wasn't comfortable saying his real name and that was his superhero name.

Imagine it like this.
>Oswald Cobblepot
>Mr. Fries
>Oh, well I'm The Penguin then.

Wait, is "Fries" in Victor Fries pronounced like "freez"? I've always said it like "frayz"

youtube.com/watch?v=m5GXUk6PcP0
22 second mark

Dr. Doom isn't a doctor.

To be fair, it is kind of a Strange name.

But he is a Doom.

He has a Latverian doctorate.

It would make sense for Peter to think that's an alias though. Besides the normal response to
>I'm Peter
would be
>I'm Stephen
not
>I'm Dr. Weirdname, MD, Sorcerer Supreme

Winter Soldier wasn't balanced, it was straight up not comedicl. It's fine if that's what you want but don't pretend it's balance.

He's a Doctor. They always lead with their title.

They paid enough for it.

>WS
>plenty of jokes
Again, what? There was like 3 jokes in the entire movie.

To be fair, his name is a little strange.

Attached: Naamloos-2[1].jpg (600x600, 34K)

>I AM a ton of fun at parties, because I am the only one who isn't drunk so I am the only one that can drive to get more beer
So you're only fun for people who can't plan a party properly?

Question. Do you have any sisters?