Should I study Geology?

Or become a lawyer?

I am in my late 20s I already have a shitty Poly Sci degree from a shitty state school.

I'm currently subbing and this shit can't continue.

I'm lazy as fuck I want to not be lazy.

do something that will result in an actual job

like what

I'm pretty sure Geologist and Lawyer are real jobs

study geology or some kind of civil engineering or gis sub discipline. there should be lots of jobs if all this infrastructure and energy expansion comes to fruition...

Geology, that's a real thing
Law school is too much if a gamble.

Geology means you will teach, which you don't seem to like.

Law degree is tough and the market is oversaturated.

I'm actually in the exact same boat, lol. Good luck, user.

I wouldn't go to law school, though. My state is actual real old-school in this regard and you can do an "apprenticeship" under a lawyer and judge and take the Bar exam

What do you want to do?

I have a bunch of lawyers in my family and I'm a student in one of the top geology departments in the US, so I guess I could be somewhat useful.

a degree in geology will result in you taking epa contract jobs with limited choice on where you want to live. It's fun to study though.

If political join ISIS or CTR.

If you can do it for free then try and do both. Then become a lawyer for an oil company or something

teaching is fine, but their fucking behavior is atrocious, and there's like 40 in there these days and needless to say they have zero respect for a rando substitute teacher

>What do you want to do?

If I did law I would want to do political shit, election law, constitutional law, work for a conservative/libertarian public interest firm like Judical Watch or Pacific Legal Foundation.

not very promising, don't want to do personal injury law or IP or shit like that. So I know my chances or doing something like that are slim.

Geology, I don't know. It seems like a n interesting subject and I want to study something real after wasting my opportunity in round one. I have zero science background so I would have to start form the ground floor. Study at a community college for like a year and then just get a B.S. and try to get a technical job in the field with just the B.S.

If you are lazy, law school is not for you. It is more reading and preparation than you've ever done in your life, and the market is such right now that only those law students who are in the top 25 or so per cent will actually get jobs worth having.

It'd estimate it's not for you, but if you're still interested, I urge you to take the LSAT. If you get a score below 160, just don't go.

Both of those are pretty awful tbqh.

You've already go your undergrad so just go get a masters in accounting and sit for the CPA. If you aren't a autist you are pretty much guaranteed 50k+ anywhere in the states.

I know several law grads that were in my accounting classes because their job market blows.

lawyer here. i wished i studied geology.

>Study
>Geology

you learn Geology you don't fucking study it

Then you either get a gig with an oil company or a welfare application

I guess I'd like to work on big construction projects where they have to survey the land and what not before they build. I think there's more then just oil work.

45k a year starting if work is available. Land is luxury resource now

If you want a job like that then you would need to go to law school, preferably T14, and preferably Georgetown, Harvard, or Yale.

As for geology, I don't know that I'd encourage anybody without a scientific background to pursue a career in this discipline. As far as schooling goes, there is a lot of chemistry, and crystallography requires a pretty solid understanding of mathematics. If you're not inclined towards the sciences, or if you're not very passionate about a career in geosciences, I'd avoid it like the plague. The jobs can be very lucrative and interesting, though, and they range in technicality from knowing your basic soil/rock types and their properties to working with statistical models and running laboratory tests.

What state do you live in where you can do this?

>that pic
Shit like makes me so fucking anxious.

Like, one false move tipping your center of gravity too far and you fall face first into molten lava.

One of the reasons why I'm so scared of heights as well. One false move...

California

I got a paralegal certificate from a community college, and the lawyer/director of the program taught a couple of classes and basically offered to do that for anyone who is interested.

The law is pretty vague, I would prolly end up just going to his office and studying for baby bar/bar exam for 20+ hours a week.

You get to completely avoid studying for the LSAT then all your classes and then the bar exam, which is completely seperate for all that other stuff.

You just study for the fucking bars

really though, most people are not successful But that would be pretty dope if you could pull it off.

I would think that a libertarian law firm would appreciate avoiding the government imposed traditional route.

That brings up another point I should make to OP.

That guy in the pic isn't an undergrad or somebody who has only a B.S in geology, that guy is either a PhD, or a favored grad student. Though you'll find that a lot of grad programs are paid.

When i was younger i was more reckless because i was dumber and so had no fear

worked for me then though cause i handeled dangerous shit like a boss