The Flintstones Canon

I would like to discuss something very important, Sup Forums.

In the 1990's NES video game, Taito's The Flintstones Rescue of Dino and Hoppy, an entry into the Hanna-Barbera opus widely hailed as the Evangelion of 1960's cartoons, there is a man hiding behind buildings and trees wielding a pistol. Why is this important? Because this single piece of canonical work proves something is not right in The Flintstones. This blows all dating out of the water and exposes us all to the idea that The Flintstones is actually a cartoon about a television show being filmed. It was not the pre-history drama comedy we've all been led to believe, it's actually a show about a show. How else would you explain a pistol in a setting where they use dinosaurs for everything? Advanced metallurgy and chemistry are needed for guns or gunpowder to be utilized this way. The Flintstones Rescue of Dino and Hoppy is a game which occurs when off-set antagonists steal the actors and real life criminals storm the set of The Flintstones.

I've included a screen shot with a blown up, outlined image of the article in question.

Attached: 123.jpg (1206x1080, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

csdb.dk/release/?id=139727
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What? Evangelion of the 60s?

Both in story development and character writing, yes, The Flintstones is the Evangelion of 1960's cartoons.

GRAND DAD

Obviously the pistol is just something that carries a small animal that spits sharp rocks at people while going "It's a living"

It's a fucking video game with minimal consultation from hanana barbera, it's not canon.

the flintstones used "guns" that were actually slingshots shaped like guns, the limitations of NES system probably made them look more gun like

Attached: 192616.jpg (1635x1080, 620K)

I thought this as well but you can clearly see there's no reload animation, he fires it with a single hand multiple times.

Flintstones are the poor people who have to live below the Jetsons.
The economy is fucked in the future and it's either be rich and live in the sky, or be poor and live with rocks.

just like in the cartoon, do yourself a favor and watch the cartoon

Attached: cartoons don't have to be 100% realistic.jpg (599x464, 39K)

Did you even watch the show? Guns were used throughout the series. As for why its all black. It's an nes game. Just try to make a more cartoonish gun that can replace that small sprite and fit with the character holding it.

Attached: flintstones34.jpg (320x240, 31K)

The Flintstones obviously takes place in a post-appoctaliptic future. How else do you explain how they knew what Christmas is?

Attached: 51jZHncrpVL.jpg (353x500, 50K)

>Vinesauce!

thought the same thing when I saw the thumbnail

>In the 1990's NES video game, Taito's The Flintstones
You are leaving out the older game
csdb.dk/release/?id=139727

FLEENSTONE?!

It was a fucking NES game. There were a grand total of, what, two games where anyone actually had to do a reloading animation when they used a gun?

Pretty much this. Their entire culture mirrors the culture of the 1960s because it takes place in a world where the cold war brought about the end of the world in the mid 60s. What we see in The Flintstones is man doing their best to use what limited tools and resources they have to recreate the world the way it was before the bombs went off. The "dinosaurs" are actually mutated animals.

Please elaborate

Attached: 1490151192249.jpg (608x603, 204K)

Flinstons is also the show where an alien becomes friend with two cavemen
They also used time-travel at some point

this is actually a lot more surprising than OP

I loved the scene where Fred jerked off onto Betty.

Because they were celebrating the birth of Raptor Jesus.

Attached: IMG_2668.jpg (315x315, 32K)

Didn't you see the live-action movie? They have crossbow-slingshots with pistol-esque silouettes

Ya'll want to discuss Flintstone Canon?
Look up Fred Flintstone Jr., the kid they had before Pebbles.

Jesus Christ.

This. It's a modern, or second, stone age.

I can't see anything from this game anymore without thinking of Joel and, by extension, SiIvagunner

The real question is, does the comic strip B.C. take place before Flintstones or after?

Both celebrate Christmas even though they supposedly take place before the birth of Christ.

Can we bring the comic book Flintstones into this discussion

Attached: you too brutus.jpg (1988x3056, 1.39M)

So is
>>huuurr I was just pretending to be autistic
the new
>>huuurr I was just pretending to be retarded
?

The Flinstones have a canon? I tho each story had their own continuity

I'm sure Vinny would prefer to never, ever be associated with that meme

History repeats itself

They had pebble shooting "guns" that used slingshot technology.

Attached: 192611.jpg (1501x1080, 526K)

This.
Fucking newfags don't know fleentsones lore.

You consider the Video Games canon