My dad sent me this. Any truth to it?

"Europe uses a crazy amount of oil and Russia is their number one supplier, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are trying to get a pipeline to Syria to make some of that money Russia is making. Currently going through Syria is the only way to make a pipeline and Assad is blocking it which is why the US, allies with Qatar/SA, is trying to get rid of Assad. Literally the only reason, USA isn't backing the rebels because of some moral obligation/protecting civilians from the evil dictator or whatever you think the reason is. If America cared about foreign policy Bush wouldn't have gotten a second term and Obama wouldn't have been allowed to continue his disastrous foreign policy." -dad

Accurate? Does this belong in /sg/? Is it an obvious or major red-pill?

Other urls found in this thread:

documentingreality.com/forum/f166/syrian-rebels-torturing-civilian-being-alawite-168360/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saipem
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eni
npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised
eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbbl_m.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production
youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's confusing oil and gas.

Your pops is a smart man. It's natural gas pipeline not oil but what he said was correct.

He texted me right after and corrected the oil part I just forgot to add it in when I copied and pasted.

your dad is redpilled

Your dad is completely correct and should apply for a job in the Trump administration.

Wiki eni

Italian company

Report back to other threads

He browses ZeroHedge constantly, I guess that's where he gets it. If this is true then what are the justifications for the US aiding the rebels? Is there any proof that Assad is killing off his own people? Didn't they say the same thing about Gaddafi and Saddam?

it's obvious for people that actually care for the conflict, but pretty redpilled for the typical dad.
Also he's pretty much right. There are some other factors, but the pipelines sure helped a lot.

God bless America and God bless the moderate extremists

documentingreality.com/forum/f166/syrian-rebels-torturing-civilian-being-alawite-168360/

>If this is true then what are the justifications for the US aiding the rebels?
Europe needs gas and Russia is the only country geostrategically and macroeconomically positioned to be a threat to the US; therefore, denying Russia of the European gas market is beneficial to the US; therefore, everything is on the table for denying Russia of the European gas market.
If you seriously think that American foreign policy is founded on either logically consistent or morally sound reasoning, then you've got a lot to learn.
>Is there any proof that Assad is killing off his own people?
He might also be killing some foreign fighters who entered Syria to fight with the rebels, but the people trying to overthrow his regime are generally people who used to live under him. So it would have to be shown that nobody in ISIS or any jihadi group is somebody that the Assad regime governed prior to the outbreak of the war to show that Assad isn't 'killing off his own people.' Of course, the simple fact is that anybody who fought against the sovereignty of the Syrian state gave the Syrian state justification in killing them, because a state is a state is a state and a traitor is a traitor is a traitor.
>Didn't they say the same thing about Gaddafi and Saddam?
You're starting to get it.

Assad IS killing off his own people. But he has to do so, as the rebels usually hide in cities and he doesn't have the manpower to just storm the districts without air support (which naturally causes the most casualities).
Assad made some mistakes during his presidency, no doubt about it, but the country worked, despite some human rights violations. There's a reason the people in government held areas aren't killing each other despite the different ethnicities and religions and that is because most of them are happy and thankfull for the quite peacefull and good life they are able to have.
Killing some Sunnis in illegal ways to repress terrorism isn't a high price to pay for this, I think.

Looks like I've still got a lot more red-pill to swallow. Thanks guys.

OUTFUCKINGPILLED

The wars are for Israel. Look at a fucking map you idiot a pipeline has to go through Iraq to get to Turkey and oh shit, wait, Iraq is already connected to Turkey.

It's a myth pushed by coppo mossad paid disinfo agents aimed at people too stupid to look at a fucking map.

Assad is one of a few leaders that dares to be in charge of the countries money supply rather than letting the globalists central banking system run things for them. Gaddafi and Saddam were two others that refused to bow down to the bankers too. Now where else refuses the globalists banking system?

Shit this would never work because the kurds in Northern Iraq HATE the west and Qatar and would never allow a pipeline through their land. Oh wait there are already 4 pipelines running from Turkey to Saudi through Iraq and Kurds are funded by the west and Qatar.

Or I will just post links

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saipem
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eni

Well for starters in both our countries are central bank is controlled my the minister of finance. Israel and therefor the west hates Syria because

a) Syria funnels shit from Iran into Lebanon
b) Syria still hasn't signed a peace agreement with Israel
c) Israel wants to annex the Golan fully
d) whatever else we don't know yet

Wouldn't letting them put a pipeline weaken Russia though? I don't see why the US has so much incentive to do that.

Also why is Assad so adamant about preventing a pipeline from being built?

>a fucking leaf
Type more coherently, all that could have been in one post and you're coming off as schizophrenic.

They already have four pipelines running from Saudi to Turkey. Why would they need Syria when they have Iraq which is connected to both? The pipeline myth is a mossad operation.

English isn't my first or second language. Your comma wasn't necessary btw that is grammar 101.

Some fag I got in a debate with over the topic at hand just sent me this. How do I reply?

This, (((The wests))) excuses for not doing business with Russia is top kek. The talk about how Russia is an anti-democratic country how gays etc. don't have rights. Then they proced to suck up to the Saudis.

Isreal lite is the source to the problem we have with immigration in Europe. These wars made for great propaganda for immigration.
>Look there is a war in Syria
>Muh Syrian Refugees
But then the people who show up are actually Somalis, Afghani, Eretrian, Iraqi and ofc some Syrians.

There's more to it than that, Syria is an ally of Iran. The US and it's allies meaning Israel do not want Iran to have any allies to help them develop nuclear weapons. If Iran actually succeeds in obtaining nuclear weapons, Israel are crazy motherfuckers and will launch a preemptive nuclear attack on them starting WW3.

People are fucking stupid. Look at a god dam map Qatar doesn't need anyone but Iraq to get natgas to Turkey. In fact it has used this route for 22 months now. Saudi since 2004.

That sentence definitely needed a comma, you fucking piece of garbage. Your second sentence in could use one, too. I hope you're trolling, there's no excuse for speaking a 3rd language this badly. Does Yiddish not have run-on sentences or something?

It has nothing to do with nuclear weapons you idiot. It had everything to do with Golan heights and Iran funneling weapons to Lebanon through Syria.

Look at the giant fucking whole in your theory you idiot Iraq has a border with Turkey and there are already four pipelines running through Irbil to Diyarbakir.

syria is about opposition to an iranian influence bloc, pipeline stuff is noise to confuse retards.

100% true.

Listen to your Dad.

It's not my theory and I didn't made the fucking map, you dense fuck.

aka listen to the jewish talking heads on fox news that don't want you to know it's just another conflict for israel

That's just the surface of it. Saudis have invested into various Western thinktanks, media outlets and social media plattform for a while now, lobbying their interest.
Their main agenda is cleansing the ME of all actual moderates and non-Sunnis.
The US media always presents a Sunni vs Shia conflict as some equal grounds war but (((fails))) to mention that Sunnis make up 90% of all Muslims.
The day the entire Clintonite wing was crying about Trump's pussy tape, Clinton's Saudi buddies have bombed several hundred Yemeni civilians in a funeral procession.
This barely made the news.

>I have knowledge that proves Iran doesn't want to get nukes and that nobody cares if Iran gets nukes
>I'm not going to tell you what it is
>I'm just going to call you stupid for thinking that a new nuclear power would change global and regional balances of power

You shared this mossad operation picture so you perpetuate the myth to people too stupid to look at a map.

Nobody has implied that ZOG has no involvement in the conflict.

You don't have anything you faggot larper. If Iran wanted a nuclear weapon it would get one from Pakistan or North Korea.

Anybody can look at a map, but the vast majority of people have no understanding of the logistics of gas pipelines and it's laughable to expect a layman to be able to look at a map and say for sure that, yes, a pipeline could go through here, but not through here.
I get the impression that you're a layman who's too stupid to realize how stupid he is.

Its very frustrating when people comment but don't know the very basic facts
a) Israel occupies Syrian land
b) Syria is still at war with Israel and has always refused to sign peace agreement
c) Syria occupied Lebanon until recently when Lebanon was at war with Israel

Nor do they know Europe energy situation they have more natgas than they know what to do with and USA and Canada are both building massive liquid natgas terminals on their East Coast.

>Implying Iran doesn't invest in nuclear research
You're a troll or a retard. If Iran wanted a nuclear weapon, there are various avenues it could take.

a leaf calling someone a faggot larper

Europe doesn't need natural gas from Qatar and regardless Qatar has a pipeline through Iraq to Turkey already and has for 22 months now. Qatar is also building massive liquid natural gas terminals.

It's terrorism for some and freedom for others. When a mercenary kills you and steals your oil land and rapes your wife, he's a freedom man with money, his children will be able to go to school and have democracy, since democracy is pile of shit that only values money and not on what that money grew.

The Syrian conflict has absolutely nothing to do with nuclear weapons my point was you're an idiot for suggested it did.

The pipelines are through Libya, Tunisia and Algeria

Take a break from Syria

Africa is very relevent

Nobody gives two shits about pipelines anymore except Canada because they are landlocked still. I study this industry for a living.

I really, really like Assad. Great guy! And he has a beautiful wife, too. I hope Syria will finally know peace again and Saudi Terroristia and Erdoraoch will be utterly BTFO.

ye who made the map? someone playing with ur little brains

Alright this is all well and good but I would like to hear a properly articulated argument from the other side. What's stopping everybody from just shoving it all on tankers and shoving it through Suez into Piraeus? Are pipelines really such massive cost saving efficiency creators compared to this that it's worth fighting wars for?

on the surface I very much doubt it costs less than 15 years of war, this is pretty fucking obvious and people that think it's still about oil are dumbasses. This is about Saudi vs Iranian Sphere of Influence with the US increasingly reluctantly backing the Saudis and Russians backing the Iranians.

>Europe doesn't need natural gas from Qatar
Says you, a guy who has yet to provide any proof that he knows the first thing about the logistics of international energy trading.

I literally didn't suggest any such thing and I'm not sure where you saw me suggesting it. However, if you think that Western policies toward the Middle-East are made without considering whether or not the countries involved have or are pursuing nuclear capability, you're just as retarded as you appear to be.

There was no war for oil Canada has been your largest source since the 1990's. There is no petrodollar Canada has refused to sell in USD since the 1970's and the worlds largest producer Russia has never sold one barrel in USD.

All of your 6t spent in the middle east was for Israel. The other consequences were and are ancillary.

Except they run through Libya Tunisia and Algeria, and Mali , where terrorism is afoot , and the gulf states are involved

And are bring built by the same people doing to turkey Russia pipeline , see link above

>logistics of international energy trading.
>There's more to it than that, Syria is an ally of Iran. The US and it's allies meaning Israel do not want Iran to have any allies to help them develop nuclear weapons.

>There is no petrodollar Canada has refused to sell in USD since the 1970's and the worlds largest producer Russia has never sold one barrel in USD.
[citation needed]
And I say once fucking again: NOBODY ITT HAS DENIED THAT ISRAEL IS INVOLVED IN AND/OR INSTIGATING THE SYRIAN CIVIL WAR.

Europe is literally on a nat gas grid hooked up to Russia,

water, stoves and electricity , all shared at once

That wasn't me. You're more retarded than you seem to be.

Why do Americans always pretend to know what they are talking about? Libya oil goes straight to the med onto ships. Tunisia which is stable, Algeria and Mali supply essentially zero oil or natgas to Europe. Not that Europe has a supply issue for either natgas or oil.

As for the LARP implication, I'm just asking you for proof that your claims about geography in relation to the construction of gas pipelines are true. If you really study this shit for a living, then you should be able to provide a little bit.
Why do Canadians claim to know something but then refuse to provide sources or back up their claims in any way that doesn't consist of baselessly insulting Americans?

so?

What's your point? I said Canada is their largest source of oil that doesn't sell in USD and that the largest producer in the world Russia never sold in USD. All of the pipeline/petro dollar bullshit pushed by kikes on fox news is just that. It's all for Israel.

largest source of oil (and natgas) and doesn't sell in USD for almost 50 years now

You also never provided a source.

he said he works in the industry, seems like more credibility than you're coming up with to back up what's probably just kneejerk speculation

This is common knowledge idiot go back to school.

Anyone can say anything.
I'm asking him for a document or a link backing up his claims published by a reputable source.
As soon as he provides one I'll stop antagonizing him like I am.

reason is that Asad is russians friend and the main principle burgers extranecks policy - do everything to the detriment russians. Everything else is secondary.

You dispute Canada refuses to sell its oil in anything but CAD? That Canada is your largest import source of oil and natgas? That Russia is the largest producer on the planet? That Russia doesn't sell its oil in USD? What exactly.

I have correction to make, that's oil imports.
But both imports and exports of oil are increasing for USA. So oil importance isn't going anywhere.

How about you provide a fucking wiki link, at the very least? You piece of trash, everybody knows that a claim made on Sup Forums with nothing backing it up is completely worthless. There's no reason for me to take you seriously until you provide a bit of evidence that what you're saying is true.
I'm not disputing any of those claims, I'm asking for sources.

yes but you know we did not export any oil at all until last year right? only because of massive surplus is it being allowed

Oh ya???
Well my dad works for Nintendo you triple faggot

Canada sells you almost 40% of what you produce yourselves its why you've made millions of people like me here rich.

Everyone knows that Canada refuses to sell its oil in anything but CAD. That Canada is your largest import source of oil and natgas. That Russia is the largest producer on the planet. That Russia doesn't sell its oil in USD.

npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised

eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbbl_m.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

fell for the bait I guess

I don't see a single source.
Literally, just posting a link to another website will make me take you completely seriously. I will accept your narrative about the Syrian Civil War if you can provide me with a single reason, other than one that comes straight from your lips without referring to any authority outside of your own empirical and rational capacities, to think that you are correct.
I am LITERALLY just asking you to back up your claims.
This is not an absurd request. I just want to know who, other than you, has made the claims that you are making and that there is some reason to think that they are true. Please do not misinterpret this as a rejection of your claims. I really want you to be able to back them up, because if you can then I'll have a coherent narrative about this war that doesn't make sense.
Please just post a source.

When it's put this way is there any reason why we shouldn't remove Assad? Anything that undercuts the eternal Ivan and hastens their descent into irrelevance should be encouraged

It wasn't bait, thank you.

>petrodollars feed a bear

This is a good comic. Thank you for sharing russianbro

HyperNormalisation 2016 BBC doc
youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM

Because Islam is an innocent religious ideology, should be renamed the religion of peace. But that being said those countries are guilty of further destabilization of the middle east

americans who voted for clinton seriously dont care about foreign policy. I've been glued to the Syrian conflict for the past 4.5 years and have been doing nothing but screaming internally because noone else wants to hear about it. That was a big reason for me throwing support to trump. I hope I wasn't wrong. If he attacks Iran or hurts them in anyway, Im going to be fucking pissed.

What matters is who are the people who sell oil, not so much what country. Common folk in Russia don't see those billions and world is connected, same people can operate in many countries and that's exactly what's wrong.

Iraq is aligned with iran which is aligned with Russia dumbfuck.

Iraq is ruled by the shias now which is what Iran is. The US overthrow of Iraq just made them side with iran

>to bomb the stone age, and take away the natural resources

>Why are they so aggressive? Why do they hate us? Islam is not a peaceful religion! We need to bomb more!

Civilian casualties are grossly overstated because everyone reports half or more of dead militants as "civilians and children and puppies" nowadays.
Literally every second building that gets bomb'd is a hospital, a school or a bakery there.

Where's the bit about the oil pipelines not needing to go through Syria? That was the main thing I had serious doubts about. I don't see anything about it in these links.

Dad is correct and redpilled. OP is a fucking normie.

>what are the justifications for the US aiding the rebels?
Politicians want schekles
US government is the largest arms dealer on the planet and most of Congress and the Senate(both current and past members) have shares in private military outfits, contractors both infrastructure and military, and in gun making companies(though none of them own one)
Our government ever since the mid to late 60's has gone full commie when it comes to the economy and used the military industrial complex to inflate the shit out of our economy and keep it at that size, we never really came down off our wartime economy which is why ours is so big. We have plenty of other industry so it doesn't really get noticed but hundreds of millions every year from the government directly to the companies which the politicians get their free money from

>Not that Europe has a supply issue for either natgas or oil
Wut? I thought they were Pootines bitch from here on out?

This ID: qFnMvrKC is definitely not Canadian. We don't sound as retarded as this retard. He/she sounds like a stupid Kurd living in a house with his 5 sisters.