China has officially used genetic engineering on a human embryo and India has expressed similar interests...

China has officially used genetic engineering on a human embryo and India has expressed similar interests. In a recent poll, the majority of people in both countries said genetic engineering for superficial traits ie hair color, eye color, facial structure, height, etc is ok. What will this lead to?

bbc.com/future/story/20160804-china-may-be-the-future-of-genetic-enhancement

qz.com/441423/why-china-wont-listen-to-western-scientists-about-genetically-modifying-the-human-embryo/

>implying China is capable of innovation
>implying China is capable of not fucking things up

All the public is ever going to see is Removal of hereditary diseases and general life expectancy increases.

However governments will probably be doing Pic related in a few decades.

What is that a pic of?

Genetically engineered servants of the god emperor, Designed to be the toughest things to ever walk the universe.

It begins...

Who here /bluecosmos/?

uh no. they can't detect all of them or even close. the entire point of current technology is to produce babies with the same eye and hair colour as the wagedad and not the spermdad.

My they serve him well

I can't see this catching on. Do you want your children to be successful and good looking, etc.? Sure, but it matters that they're *you're* children. This kind of modification makes "your" kid more like an adopted child, since it breaks the direct genetic line that links you. And I don't think adoption is really very appealing to most people.

This means we're past the point of no return.
Their modified genes are in the pool, and even if no one else uses that tech it's now already in someone out there, it's going to be passed on into a new generation.

It's probably going to get more frequent and include greater things than superficial traits. What type of emotions, what kind of person do you want your child to be? Could we design our babies to have high IQ? How high is enough? Will they become neurotic with no friends?
Maybe give the baby genes to be stronger than average, design an Olympic winner!

Who knows what they've already done behind closed doors.

i cant wait to see Naturals vs Coordinators

jews can be engineered to be born without foreskins ;)

>World masters genetic code, you can choose what your child looks like
>everyone selects blond with blue eyes babies

yeah but people can be a better looking version of me and still look related to me.

Also, instead of letting nature work randomly, I could pick out which of my genes I want to show up. The new kid could still be 50% me 50% wifey (ok a little over 50% for mDNA but whatever), but it'd be our better genes.

Babies fit for space travel!

How much longer?

this

we're fucked

Almost like America
Both so ignorant and proud

Given that all supernatural related events seem to be passed through bloodlines, we're all very fucked.

>yfw India and China eventually become white through their own engineering

Hopefully never. Bringing catgirls into this hellscape of a reality is totally wrong.

Upcoming midgets with big black cocks

I guarantee that it will turn out that this fucks up kids in unexpected ways.

Haha, China is so genetically retarded that they have to engineer their own genes. Only problem is it'll only be for the retarded children of rich elites and none of the cunts will ever be worth anything.

>Blue eyed Blonde haired asian women

PLEASE GOD

GOD PLEASE

KAWAII HAS GONE TOO FAR

ANIME MAY BECOME REAL IN MY LIFETIME

PLEASE JESUS

OH FUCK

Kek wills this destruction of cat-cancer.

It's China, what do you fuckin expect? If it was Japan I'd be scared. China will produce the fucking mutant from Akira in no time, however.

That wasn't a reference to the inevitable fuckups of the Chinese. I honestly think that genetic engineering like this will have some sort of unexpected side effect that will make people see it as stupid in the future

The elites will nuke us all once they can repopulate the world with their own superhuman slaves

They break before a year anyway I bet

China basically has no ethical or moral restrictions on their research and it's all backed by the government so there's little in the way of "incentivized discardment"

Just think, what if a baby born without increased life expectancy wasn't allowed to reproduce with one genetically improved.
Ha. New type of race war right here.

This.
I mean, what could go wrong, right?

:^)

That pic is hot t b h