Austrian Election General /aeg/

If you're a veteran of The Great Meme Wars of 2016, get in here! ITT we discuss how to help our our Austrian bros who have a 2nd re-run of their presidential election on December 4. It's right-wing candidate Norbert Hofer versus left-wing icon Alexander Van der Bellen.

VDB is a chain smoker and an alcoholic. That's all we need to need know for a personalized ad campaign. Let's get things started with some good memes.

Here's a replay of events in Austria in 2016:

-early 2016 schedule presidential election
-assume the left-wing candidate (VDB) will win
-right-wing candidate Norbert Hofer looks poised to win
-Austrian political establishment panics
-April, Hofer wins election prior to (((postal ballot))) count
-antifa counts ballots
-VDB wins with muh postal ballots
>muh postal ballots
-June, Brexit wins, despite 95% certain predictions of Remain win
-Austrian constitutional court (somehow) declares election null and void
-Re-run rescheduled for October
-Hungary re-schedules it's own "Fuck You, EU!" referendum for same day in October
-Austrian political establish panics
-Ballots sent out for re-run of Austrian presidential election have (((faulty glue))) and can't be (((sealed))). Are you fucking kidding me? Re-run (((cancelled))).
-Cancelled re-run is rescheduled for early December
-Meanwhile, Trump wins general election, despite 98% certain prediction of Shillary win
-Austrian re-re-run of Presidential election (TBD)

Other urls found in this thread:

identitaere-generation.info/was-ist-die-alt-right/
translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.identitaere-generation.info/was-ist-die-alt-right/&edit-text=&act=url
pi-news.net/2016/11/eilt-identitaere-besetzen-bundesgeschaeftsstelle-von-buendnis-90die-gruenen-in-berlin/
reddit.com/r/VereintGegenVdB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is anti-muslim sentiment in Austria? Is the common man fed up or are they cucked pretty hard?

PC speech runs deep in Austria. But most Austrians, given the chance, would join a Habsburg 2.0 Monarchy well before wasting more time with a (((reformed))) EU 2.0

This is why meme warfare and weaponized autism can work in Austria. Native Austrians are well educated, but they are also just as susceptible to subliminal psyops as anyone else.

Some facts about Hofer:
-He was partially paralyzed after a bad hang gliding crash
-He literally willed himself out of his wheelchair and walks reasonably well (at least in public)
-He carries a Glock, and is a big supporter of gun rights and self-defense rights for ordinary people

Does Austria have much of a Sup Forums group yet to help with memes and strategies?

I eavesdropped on a Hofer discussion last week and it was pretty glum. It's as if some form of CTR was in there sucking the life out of the discussion.

So, are in Vienna are there such things as free newspaper and magazine dispensers? If not, there are alternative ways of distributing memes that I can described.

Good question, user. I don't know. But I'd like to give analog and digital Austrian anons some tips from the trenches. What I learned meme-ing on behalf of Trump and against Shillary is just as relevant in Austria.

Fucking gold! We need to do something with Hofer willing Austria back to self-respect the way he willed himself out of his wheelchair.

Exactly! The idea here is to discuss these memes, either with pictures or with snippets of text that translates to a political poster.

"He willed himself out of a wheelchair!"
"He can will Austria out of this madness!"

Good start.

The US meme war was mostly about exploiting the mistrust and dislike of Hillary; it was another cycle that people were voting against a candidate and their ideology. I don't understand the Austrians well enough to know if that's a key strategy there or not.
Van Der Bellen has said some arrogant things, but I can't tell if he actually offended the man on the street.

Kraut speakers - how do I say: "He's my guy (man)."

>Er ist mein Man
>Er ist mein Typ

Vienna has literally been overrun by illegal migrants and actual "asylum" seekers. Even left wingers know this. I've always thought that an appeal to what ordinary people actually see with their own eyes would be effective.

In urban areas, for example, immigrants compete for scarce apartments with natives. And in rural areas, they stand out until they inevitably leave for greener pastures.

Just say that immigrants are trying to take your home and your job and leave it at that.

I guess Austria is asleep...one way or another

It's 545AM over there, you need some cooperative Austrians in here to make this work. Hopefully you can keep the hostile Krauts out of the discourse, they really shit the place up. I can't tell if they are trolling, depressed, or an EU version of CTR but they will try to drag you all down.

Its bedtime for me here.Godspeed anons, I hope to be joining you later.

MAGA

Thanks for chiming in, mane. I'll try to keep the thread alive until some Austrians wake up.

"Er ist mein Mann" would be interpreted as "He is my husband".
Write: "Er ist unser Mann" which translate as:
"He is our guy."

Great. Do you think a reverse psyops campaign based on this slogan would be effective?

>Er ist unser Mann

Then show cigarettes, alcohol, lines of refugees and economic migrants, and lots of burqas.

Learn Australian and post memes

Here in Cali . I don't know if you guys were the ones that helped unravel the whole pizzagate scandal . But I was here the night when you all were uncovering stuff before all the accounts got locked on IG etc. saw all the freaking strange videos .. and I've been tweeting like a madwoman . I fear for my kids . Nothing will get done about it .

>learn austrian

You want a slogan that works with normies, I guess, so no, "Er ist unser Mann" would not work in that way because it'd be too difficult for them to understand the irony.

Hm, I thought about this. I would consider using
>"Er ist unser Held" (He is our hero)
together with the images (cigarettes etc.), as you described.
{"Held" (hero) may be used as an derogative term, too; the term itself is kinda ambivalent in German:
"Du bist ein Held" -> "You are a (true) hero!" (no irony)
"Du bist mir ein Held..." -> "What a hero you are... " (irony)}

Vienna will be the key to this election, as it was the first time around back in April. Leftists can possibly be coerced into voting for Hofer (or not voting at all) if they think they'll be unable to find a nice place to live if immigrants take up all the free apartments. Or, play on blue color job competition fears at the low end of the scale.

whose leading so far in (((polls)))

Well, I will defer to you on what actually makes sense to a native German speaker. I do think a good slogan combines some elements of irony, although if it's too deep it may be lost on normies as you've noted.

>du bist Mir ein Held

I do like that no word is more than four letters long

>Er ist unser Held

Sorry, this is the one I should have quoted.

I moved back to my Heimat Austria after living 5 years abroad and it's just not the same anymore.

If Hofer won't win I consider moving away again. I feel Alien in my own country..

Hofer was always leading in polls. All the times. Those fucking postal ballots are a scam and that why VDB "won" at first.

Again I'm proud of you, Americans!

Here is some information on the "Identitäre Bewegung" (Identitary movement), which is an alt-right movement in Germany and Austria. They even wrote an article about us:

>Identiäre Bewegung on alt-right movement:
>German version:
identitaere-generation.info/was-ist-die-alt-right/
>English translation (by google):
translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.identitaere-generation.info/was-ist-die-alt-right/&edit-text=&act=url

Yesterday the identitary movement protested in Berlin in front of the headquarter of the german green party:
>pi-news.net/2016/11/eilt-identitaere-besetzen-bundesgeschaeftsstelle-von-buendnis-90die-gruenen-in-berlin/
"Ihr habt unsere Frauen längst vergessen"" means:
"You've forgotten our women for a long time!"

Good thinking, user! "Du bist mir ein Held" sounds too personal. Also the first person (singular) is not used in german political slogans that way. Something like "I'm with her" would not do it for Merkel, for example. But you are on the right track.

>"Du bist uns ein Held!"
("You are us a hero!", meaning: "What a hero you are to us!")
would work really well, because the irony in this sentence is very obvious. Also the word "us" is really powerful for german speaking people, many great parties use the 1st person (plural, not singular) for their slogans. Like Merkel: "The 'We' decides".
German speaking people think more collectivistic compared to you, my american friends! You're more individualistic. Therefore the emphasis on the first person plural in Germany. Russians are even more collectivistic than we are.

Great feedback. I'll get started on some changes to pic related in OP.

There should also be a companion hashtag or two...
>#UnserHeld ??

Other ideas?

My pleasure!
#UnserHeld should work just fine.

>was für ein Held

OK, I just finished a new version. I'll cal this version 0.7

German and Austria bros - please proofread and give other feedback as necessary

After the trump election it seems pretty likely that Hofer will win this.

People here resent VdB, but Vienna and Graz are a big risk factor.

I would advise on doing a meme campaign in the direction of:

VdB = Stillstand und Statik (static)
Hofer = Veränderung und Dynamik (change)

People are desperate for (positive) change and i think it would work well for this election to highlight that.

Especialy since a cripple that get's out of his weelchair and nearly lost his leg in the process is a good role model. A person that is willed to better his and everyones situation.

Not like VdB, a guy that is so old and static, he keeps smoking himself to death. Clearly a person that is not concerned about the future.

Well, that would be my tip.

During the US election, I worked on Operation Insertion in the Seattle area. I printed out memes from Sup Forums and /cfg/ and then inserted them into free and empty newspaper dispensers in and around the city (depending on where I happened to be).

Pic related gives a quick visual summary of Operation Insertion. Analog efforts like this are useful because they let you judge the relative strength of a meme when it's displayed publicly. If the meme is taken down quickly by a passer-by or an SJW, it means the meme is effective and you can start mass-producing it. So, you can test out "positive" memes as well as ironic ones to see which ones disappear faster.

The takedown rate will also give you an indication of the relative strength of the other side measured in concentric circles. Downtown areas around Starbucks or bars and restaurants with outdoor seating are always good options as are public transportation stops and other areas where normal people congregate, and most of my memes in these areas were gone within 6 hours. One week before the election, 80% of my memes were taken down within 3 hours.

I'm not suggesting that analog efforts can replace digital ones. For one thing, it's almost impossible for one user working along to make a big difference with analog insertions, so Operation Insertion can't scale very well. But you do get some interesting data that would be lost if you were only using fake Twatter and FB accounts.

H O F E R

I really like, where this is going! The red background fits perfectly.

On cigarette packages in Germany - and in Austria, too - there is a warning that says
>"Rauchen kann tödlich sein"
which means "Smoking may be deadly" (pic related).
Maybe you could use the famous "Rauchen kann tödlich sein" symbol and change it into
>"Bellen kann tödlich sein" (Bellen may be deadly).
That would work, because the guy is a heavy smoker and it would also fit to Jihadists, bombings, terrorism etc.

There are a lot of photos of Hofer using his cane in public, but I can't find any that show him in the wheelchair. Also, his injured leg looks pretty messed up. I imagine he walks with a lot of pain all the time.

Hofer literally and figuratively "took a stand". His opponent, meanwhile, can't even stop smoking.

>Maybe you could use the famous "Rauchen kann tödlich sein" symbol and change it into
>>"Bellen kann tödlich sein" (Bellen may be deadly).

I'm on it! I used to smoke Lucky Strikes back in the day when I wasn't as disciplined as today, so I know the brand well.

It's me again.
Here. I made this one for you.

Oh no! Now we both did it.

Any bookmakers taking bets on this? Aussies?

As far as i know there are no photos of him in the weelchair.
Hofer was not a heavy public figure before he got into the election.

But like i said, this is a way better way to show who of those two people has more willpower.

And i think that is a better way of doing this. No need to step down to petty insults or mockery.
Just let the truth resonate by comparing them.

Here we go. Works well. Great idea.

Thanks for the effort. Sorry it was duplicated.

>chain smoker and an alcoholic
What the hell is wrong with that, cuck

Great! That's how it's done!

The meme craftmanship is strong in this thread.

Here's another one I just made playing on the willpower meme. If you guys give me the German text (modified as you see fit) I'll get a DE version ready.

Some other ideas for using picture of the two of them walking away from each other (this was taken during one of their televised debates last spring):

>I'd rather walk with Hofer
>I'll walk with Hofer
>We'd rather walk with Hofer
>Hofer knows where he's walking
>Which of these two men looks like he knows where he's walking?
>One small step for Hofer, one giant step for Austria

Again good work, user!
The Van der Bellen text is currently positioned higher than Hofer's. That's the only thing I would change.

Van der Bellen:
>"Seine Willenskraft brachte ihn durch eine Stunde ohne Zigarette."
("His willpower got him through one hour without a cigarette.")

Hofer:
>"Seine Willenskraft brachte ihn aus dem Rollstuhl."
("His willpower got him out of the wheelchair.")

We have elections?

> 11
Checked

Can I just use "Van der Bellen gegen Hofer" at the top?

I was also thinking of featuring the word "Willenskraft", like:

-A Willpower Story
-Eine Willenskraft Geschichte

Probably sure I made a grammar error in the "Geschichte" version. Need a grammar nazi to weigh in with some help.

Looks great.

I would translate it to:

"Die Willenskraft eine Stunde mit dem Rauchen aufzuhören." (The willpower to stop smoking for an hour)
"Die Willenskraft trotz Verletzung weiter zu stehen."(The willpower to stand despite being injured.)

I would have loved to include his injury (incomplete cross section syndrome) but it would be too long for that.

Any other ausfags got ideas?

"Eine Geschichte von Willenskraft"
Or
"Eine Geschichte der Willenskraft"

The first has a better ring to it.

lol this is like one of those pics on the cigarette packs where it shows horror images

>Can I just use "Van der Bellen gegen Hofer" at the top?
Yes. But you can also use "versus" or just "vs."

>I was also thinking of featuring the word "Willenskraft", like:
>-A Willpower Story
>-Eine Willenskraft Geschichte
You're almost correct. In this case you'd have to write "Willenskraft" and "Geschichte" together in one word, so:
>"Eine Willenskraftgeschichte"
or you write, which sounds much better:
>"Eine Geschichte der Willenskraft"
But "Geschichte" has more meanings than "story". "Geschichte" also means "history". So I would strongly recommend the title
>Eine Sache der Willenskraft
("A matter of willpower")
Instead of "Sache", you could also use "Angelegenheit". I can't decide, which one sounds better.

Nicely done.

>wtf now I hate cigarettes

Can we really expect this not to be rigged again?

People are looking closer at this election after the two fuck ups happened.

You can't rule it out though.

So, we have a few finalists. Please weigh in Hefeweizen bros:

1. "Eine Geschichte von Willenskraft"
2. "Eine Geschichte der Willenskraft"
3. "Eine Sache der Willenskraft"

I think I prefer #3 (but I'm going off the translation of "A matter of Willpower").

VDB almost looks like a Disney interpretation of a villain

We just need to post some real SJW shit which is actually correct. He just said today that letting in 1.5 million illegals was the right thing to do.

It WILL be rigged. But, as we learned with Brexit and Trump, if the actual numbers of valid votes are high enough, the establishment can't fake enough votes to turn the election without being exposed. I think 53% or 54% might be enough with a comfortable safety margin.

But, it's Austria. And that means one thing with certainty:

>muh postal ballots

what font is this?

Looks great! Well meme'd. I think Austria will like this.

Great work, too, user.

for what it's worth, i made a subreddit:

reddit.com/r/VereintGegenVdB

"united against vdb"

Idk if this takes off at all, probably not. I guess it depends on whether /r/austria visits sometimes
ill make you guys mods if you want? idk how reddit works, i think you can post pictures without mod status too

>what font is this?
I'm not sure what you're using, but the font I've been using is the so-called Hillary Clinton font that was used on /cfg/ and in other threads that made anti-Hillary memes.

Here's the infographic /cfg/ used to help people get started. The font name is DZIMKW+SharpUnity-Extrabold and the download location is the Sendspace location in pic related. Get it while you can.

Awesome meme, by the way! Well done user.

I've made an empty template using the "Du bist uns ein Held!" tagline with the #UnserHeld hashtag at the bottom. At least this way, the memes in this series will look somewhat similar.

Thanks for doing this. I don't use reddit, but it's mostly because I have to choose my battles carefully, and Sup Forums already takes up most of my free meme-ing time.

Using too much Willenkraft and stuff like that could alienate a lot of voters to whom that has a strong Nazi connotation, but would otherwise be affected by subtler memes.

Well anons, that's it's for me tonight. Time for bed in the Pacific timezone. Feel free to bump the thread occasionally to keep it going. Or, add some maymays of your own to the mix.

If we can get a dozen or so good memes produced and edited, that's more than enough for someone to start doing analog Inversion Attacks using free newspaper boxes and dispensers to display the memes. You can also do "leave behinds" at places like Starbucks, although in this case, it's harder to judge an accurate takedown rate.

And in any event, digital memes will still be needed for digital operations. This was not my specialty in the US theatre operations during The Great Meme Wars, but the tactics employed for digital ops are well known and documented.

I'll keep working on Austrian memes in the meantime (both for analog AND digital use), and I'll keep encouraging our brothers in Austria to fight the good fight and make sure that Hofer wins presidential election on December 4th.

>kraft
>wille
nazi spotted

Missed this post earlier. Tomorrow, I'll make another DE version using your suggestions.

Anyone remembers the "Van der Bellen verhindern" game?
Can't find a working version of it.

"Österreich vertreten statt fünf mal am Tag beten"
(representing Austria instead of praying 5 times a day)

"Wahlheimat Wien - Wir für ihn!"
(Location of choice Vienna - We for him)

Bump

Figures a leaf is OK with an alcoholic chain smoker as the president of a major EU country.

"Integration foerdern, Pflichtfach Arabisch jetzt!"

vienna fag reporting in.
beide sind hurensöhne
allerdings pack ich hofers dumme verlogene scheissfresse nicht.

X vdb, auch wenn er ne grüne schwuchtel ist, er hat meist recht

>Wien

Of course

I really wish we could just nuke that shithole, it would solve half our problems

I would kill my brother that lives there in the process, but it would still be worth it

Conservative guy looks like a shoe in. Italians will also be getting rid of Renzi on Dec 4th.

sry i cant understand your farmer accent

iktf.
Lived in Prague for 4 years and came back last year.
Its impressive how fast everything went downhill here

We do have a group like that - it's called Sup Forums

We have to work together and get his majesty's home country back on the right track - especially against what is like male Hillary Clinton

Have some Hofer VdB Pepe

glad to be fighting alongside you once again ameribro

bump

They are gonna lock you up for this. I will report you.

What impact has Trump's victory made when it comes to the polls?

Haha Sup Forums is this deluded that they think they have a influence on a election .... hahahaha

P-Please no bully Mutti

Check out Martin Sellner on (((youtube))) he iis the leader of the identitarian movement in austria. He also made a lot of english vlogs where he talks about meme magic, the differences between the US and Europe in terms of activism info war and also about austrian and european politics. Very interesting stuff

Literally end your life pleb