Who on here isn't a /pleb/ and knows about Thorium?

Who on here isn't a /pleb/ and knows about Thorium?

How can we meme the God Emperor into using this source of energy?

why should I care? fusion will make fission completely obsolete soon

Checked

But we don't need too to be honest

china and india are doing the main research, all we have to do is send a few spys and the tech is ours without spending overbudget on R&D

nuclear engineer here

total meme tier technology

Please god. I have like 5000 shares of LTBR.

Explain,

My digits demand it.

>S h a d i l a y

fission based power is completely worthless for us in the long run, it only gives you 0.1% potential energy

with reprocessing the uranium cycle with today's advanced gen 3+ reactors we are good for thousands of years worth of fuel. The only reason we would run out of uranium is because the dumbass Jimmy Carter outlawed fuel reprocessing. The technology is already developed and proven, we just can't do it right now because of regulations.

>He said for 60 years without ever producing more energy than it took to create a minuscule amount of fusion energy for less than a second.

Thorium is achievable now.

Source please.

And what about radioactivite waste? Does Thorium not provide less?

>Not to mention the Irony of Thor, The aryan God of war being the main source of energy on the planet.

How the fuck are we not fureling these memes?

France is doing this right now

with reprocessing, waste is greatly minimized because a lot of the isotopes are reusedable through breeding

Could you tell us more about it? What exactly are governments so afraid of? As far as I know, you can already take away various plutonium isotopes alongside the oh so dreaded uranium-235 away from the waste through chemical processes. So, what's the catch? What's stopping these people from doing it on a mass scale? Why are they letting such ridiculous amounts of power sit in caves while calling it "waste"?

banning reprocessing of fuel essentially bans the production of fission weapons.

As far as I understand it, Uranuim was originally selected due to the nuclear waste being available to use as fuel for warheads, which is (((should))) be entirely irrelevant now.

That can't surely be the only reason. Can't they just lobby that shit up? Or is it one of these bullshit international treaties?

meme it

I remember doing reports on this in high school.

Government will never do it, especially under Trump

Why not? Nuclear is a more conservative (meme XD) and surely Trump is a Conservative with an open mind. If we memed him to the presidency why can't we meme this?

lobbying for clean energy is hard to do especially with all the oil money. There are interests in keeping reprocessing being reality in the USA. It's just money and power keeping nuclear power as a meme for the time being.

These are the Boomer generation
They grew up on cold war propaganda, le nuclear holocaust memes

That's why nuclear tech stalled in the US. Regulations killed it. Because of regulations, it takes like 20 years to build a new plant... and by that time the return on investment would be so fucking awful it's now worth it

Ex of regulations:

Year 1 - propose plant design, gather sponsers and submit to government for approval. If the public disagrees, plans are scrapped
Year 5 - plan and site gets surveyed for potential location. If the public disagrees, plans get scrapped
Year 10 - finally starts on the construction. If the public at anytimes disagrees, project gets scrapped
Year 15 - finish building and start plant operations... if publics disagree, plant gets shutdown lol

So you gotto ask yourself, what's the point of building a new nuclear plant when it takes over 20 years, and by the time you finish building, that's a 20 year old tech that just finished

yep bump

Superconducting tech has matured to the point where a 200 MW fusing generator can be built the size of a large room. Check out the latest work being done on the subject by MIT.

If thorium is so good how come the climate change people never bring it up? It's all shitty solar and wind power with them.

>((is hard to do...with oil money))

Dumb Burgers

>#DRAINTHESWAMP

Because most people (especially liberals) are fucking dumb

MAGA
A
G
A

So how many Thorium Reactors are there in the world right now?

C H E C K E D

and appreciated Lord KEK.

May you illuminate the hidden power of the ((L E A F S))

Isn't it really inefficient or am I remember that wrong

>who isn't pleb to know about reddit present's nuclear power

There's so much experience with uranium fuel, why move to a completely different system that provides no benefits? Build fast breeder reactors and keep researching fusion.

Corrodes the pipes over time.

BUT TRUMP SAY THE FUTURE IS THE COAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE