Dark Crystal

I wasn't a fan, but could certainly appreciate what they were trying to do. Any other worthwhile puppet movies or shows out there besides Labyrinth, Muppets and Thunderbolt Fantasy?

Attached: dark crystal.jpg (1920x816, 685K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fr4wmvRmQ20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Skeksis had cool as fuck designs. My favorite was the high priest.

They were pretty cool, it was just the story and MCs that fell flat.

There's a puppet show based on Dante's Inferno that's pretty cool.
Paper cutouts on popsicle sticks instead of Jim Henson level shit though.

What's the Sup Forumsnsensus on The Land of Gorch? Apparently critics absolutely hated that one

What the fuck I need this now!

Attached: a excited karen.png (261x337, 143K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Fr4wmvRmQ20
This looks great

What was wrong with the story exactly? It was pretty basic prophecy shit, unless that's what the complaint is. MCs looked like shit though, tb h.

Don't forget this was early `80s...
It's not a bad movie; and,
Has some esoteric novelty, if you know to look for it.

saw a screening of this not too long ago, I'd never seen it before

It was clear to me that the concept of the film seemed to be to try to make a fantasy movie without any humans in it, and in that they certainly succeeded. But I didn't like the protagonist enough, he's just a kid. The film really would have benefited from having a more interesting MC.

Having one of the mystics follow him around would have been better, I think.

I don't even know why I didn't like it. The whole story just seemed too generic somehow. The puffball thing was cute though.

wat

Absolute kino

>mfw there was a short manga series on it, as well as Labyrinth

Marquis is a very interesting... movie.

All I see is a wiggly penis.

There's a scene in that movie where he fucks a hole in the wall, and the wall has a face on it. Also the dude's dick talks to him and he talks back to it and shit.

Attached: 1519157646888.jpg (514x323, 15K)

Pretty much the french being french.

A horny wiggly penis

Attached: marquis03.jpg (730x411, 66K)

Also some graphic novels from Archaia

Netflix just gave the greenlight for a Dark Crystal show. It's coming out some time late 2018.

They should have been the main characters.

Attached: .webm (752x582, 2.93M)

Except they WERE main characters.

They were in the film more than the two Geflings themselves

The movie literally started with the Skeksis

Obligatory HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Attached: Hmmmmmmm.jpg (396x339, 21K)

It's a prequel and I hope it's not shit. Even has the jim henson company working on it too.

Meet the Feebles.

Netflix actually is splurging finances on getting good re-watchable shows up and running to sustain a good business model. I think it'll be fine

That thing is like a monster Starscream.

I don't, the vast majority of their original content is mediocre or just completed trash.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

PLEASE
PEACE
YES
PEEEAAAACE
PLEASE
PLEASE

Oh baby

Team America comes to mind as the obvious answer. There's the Lotte Reiniger shadow puppet movies as well.

Babe is pretty subtle on the puppets, but it was done by Henson's Creature Shop and is a genuinely great movie, so I feel obligated to mention it too.

Never gets old

I had misgivings when I first heart about the proposed Power of the Dark Crystal sequel but after reading the comic adaptation of the script I have to admit it would have been nice to see on screen. Story was a bit of a retread but I appreciated the reborn world of Thra. Plus it had some top tier gelfling cuties.

Not really sure where they came from. Either the Crystal obligingly provided (somehow), more survivors were discovered, or Jen and Kira got bizzay. Incest freak babies might explain some of the really shitty decisions some of them made.

Such a shame it appears Chamberlain died, effectively shotgunned by shards of the crystal. Took the Chanter with him, too, and he was the least poncey mystic of the lot.

Let's hope the proposed series makes good.

Attached: RCO016.jpg (1041x1600, 367K)

Jen/Kira puppetfucking when?

TRIAL BY STONE!

Jim Henson's The Storyteller (live action/puppet series)

OP here, thanks for all the suggestions so far.

I never "whated" harder than when I saw that scene

Why?

Whoever can knock the shit out of a rock better is the new emperor.

Kind of fits with classic tests and trials of worth and shit.

I would assume additional survivors on other continents or something. Creation Myths did have some seafaring Gelflings.

They're old now until the reborn reborn Crystal restored their vitality, but then they fucked off to wherever the urSkeks go. Apparently INTO the Crystal since the moment the damn thing breaks it farts out a bunch of confused and pissed off mystics and skeksis. Hey, maybe they joined into one massive being like the urSkeks.

Even then this introduces...well might as well spoiler it Firelings. The reveal that they were gelflings who learned to share the fires of Inner Thra so they could survive there was actually pretty damn obvious, but hey it's based on a movie for kids.

I got this over Winter Break. Great read, I don't have a scanner but does anyone want to see any specific concept designs, puppets, behind the scene photos, etc

Thurma is adorable.

Attached: RCO003_1492621369.jpg (1041x1600, 332K)

forgot pic lol

and again! Man am I bad at this

Attached: 61bKg7pYftL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x308, 44K)

Attached: 1449687243953.jpg (580x472, 58K)

She's pure promethium. Can he even pull a trigger with the boner he'd be having at that moment?

I mean Slaaneshi demons exist so probably
They're made of boners and crab claws

Attached: 1488745516697.jpg (667x959, 236K)

Are the Skeksis sexies?

So, is there anyone on the level of Henson in these days?

this looks awesome

Laika I guess, but not really.

When the Chamberlain loses the challenge and gets his fancy shit stripped young me 100% thought they were tearing his guts out and it fucked me up even after I saw the rest of the scene

Also the dying Emperor alone was some fucking scary ass shit

ARRRGHHRRHHH!

TRIAL BY STONE!

Attached: SkekUng.jpg (1200x1609, 417K)

Strings