What's the best way to distribute my comic...

What's the best way to distribute my comic? I want to sell it in physical omnibus format but idk how I can get picked up by a publisher.

I also want to make it a free to read webcomic with an option to buy it in physical omnibus format once it becomes popular but I also don't know if that would affect sales.

Attached: They-really-look-good-on-the-shelf.jpg (1024x768, 248K)

Publishers aren't just going to print your content, especially in that large of a format. I don't want to sound harsh, OP, but to them you're a nobody. You're making a lot of assumptions about the success too that aren't realistic. Better off just submitting it yourself as a webcomic from the start

This guy's right. Do a webcomic, and once you get enough content do a kickstarter for a physical volume. Once those are printed and you've satisfied your backers, try putting a few copies in local comic shops in your area.

this

this is how you self publish now
at least its way easier to garner opinion and shit online. i couldn't imagine how hard it must have been to get noticed near 30 years ago.

how do I get my webcomic to have a following?

put your shit on twitter and tumblr
easiest places to get your shit out there.

im working on something small myself, not really looking for any book deals or shit, but i already have 120 followers in like 3 months which is a SHITLOAD more than i thought i would have in the time.

and my art is absolute junk tier.

Post it everywhere. Update REGULARLY. Doesn't matter if you can only do one update a week, but make SURE you update on time. And be patient. The two biggest factors in a webcomic's success are consistency and time.

How about a 30 page chapter bi-weekly or every month? Is that a good schedule?

if you can do that without fucking burning out, sure, do it.

Personally I think it's better to update more frequently than to dump content all at once. Gotta give people a reason to habitually come back to your website. But that's anecdotal, and just how I operate.

100% guarantee you're NGMI. You will give up, quit, and move on to something else within 2 years. I can tell that just from this post.

How do the people in Ultra Jump do 30 pages a month then?

Several assistants, japanese work ethic, and not sleeping. The manga assembly line is incredibly difficult to emulate.

My advice would be to draw a backlog first. Finish your first arc before you start posting and then drip it though in small amounts weekly.

That way you can work on your next arc whilst you've already completed the first and so on.

He says he wants to work at a retarded pace and you tell him he's not gonna make it. Blow your brains out faggot that's exactly the type of person you need to coach. Peice of shit schmucks that manage 10 pages a month cause "muh wasn't feeling it" are not going to learn how to buckle down.

What the fuck kind demented person are you? Eve autist arent this autistic you spiteful fuck. Go work on your shitty comic and quit telling others they won't make it.

This.

This is good advice but I still think if it isn't a main source of income that's a tough pace to expect to keep. Eventually scripting and creating will begin to overlap too much and could become overwhelming.

You're a pathetic faggot that's never finished anything in your life I can tell from your post.

Oh you sweet, innocent boy.

Sounded more like something a woman would say honestly

You potentially have a market right here for your comic OP, you could give us a basic pi
tch for your webcomic and get feedback.

Don't do this OP. Make it don't pitch it.

Nobody should ever do this.

Join us user, we can give you lots of advice, discuss your ideas, and adjust your expectations.

Those threads are cancer and only like cartoonish art. Any time something semi-decent is posted it goes ignored.

>I only read mature webcomics for mature people such as myself

Didn't say that