Why are cartoons unable to inspire this kind of love and passion? Why can't cartoons bring hype? I mean...

Why are cartoons unable to inspire this kind of love and passion? Why can't cartoons bring hype? I mean, fucking Adventure Time is about to end and people don't give a shit.

Attached: Dragon Ball hype.jpg (3003x2129, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yu9jvc_SrSs?t=33
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DBZ's insane popularity in Latin America is a special case even for anime. It isnt really an applicable comparison to anything since its an exception rather than a rule.

Disney killed off the original grown-up-focused Mickey Mouse Club in the 30s and denied the formation of a real fandom-based cartoon culture parallel to the industry. Anime fandom developed outside the commercial structures and required real passion on the part of the fans to get to the level of popularity it has today.

Were there riots when Goku lost?

Because anime is better, and I say that as a huge cartoon fan. (Though mostly of older animation.)

Nah. People got hyped up by Freezer and 17 youtu.be/Yu9jvc_SrSs?t=33

How is it Disney's fault? CN and Nick exist

This

Attached: 1521488494424.png (500x652, 149K)

>Dragon Ball
>Had 30 years to build a dedicated fanbase of people who grew up watching it
>Adventure Time
>8 years

They all look horrible lmao

Super has its own fandom and is only 3 years old

its true, i don't care much that AT is ending.

I do hope someone compiles a list of episodes that have to do with the over all plot so i can just watch those. It will save me many hours

Leave Jiren to me

Attached: shaggy amaterasu.png (754x960, 924K)

the vast majority are old DBZ fans who grew up with it

Attached: scooby doo GoD.png (540x1219, 173K)

infinity train looks decent
any info about that show?

wow, that looks almost as populated as an ariana grande concert

Well, Superman still has decades ahead of DBZ, and sells less, it also doesnt have many dedicated fans.

So whats the execuse?

Girls und Panzer is from 2012 and there's yearly festivals/events in the town that it's set in.

maybe because the first generation of DBZ fans are still alive

Superman is a character rather than a cohesive series. Dragon Ball is, more or less, one story told by one storyteller. Superman is a character that appears in stories written by a shitload of people. The ending of Super is an important part of the one Dragon Ball story. If something similar happened in Superman, it'd matter maybe until the end of the current writer's run, or the next, but soon be pushed aside for the current story or event.

That said, look at the media coverage given to the original Death of Superman story. That actually had an impact on the character (for a little while) that people thought would be very important.

WB and CN
and the fact that some authors make him extremely american
You see Goku saying that he lives in japan? no. So people of all countries like him more.

Wait, what? That's happening in Granada? FUCK. I LIVE IN THE SOUTH.

Adventure time never tried to be on a schedule.

Not every cartoon is built around its characters literally fight each other to the death, which is reminiscent of sports and therefore easier to digest for the average person.

>that people thought would be very important
>thought

says it all, really

All those shows are carbon copys of the very shows they are replacing!

Infinity Train: Adventure Time
Apple & Onion: Regular Show
Craig of The Week: Clarence
Victor & Valentino: Uncle Grandpa
Summer Camp Island: Fucking garbage no one but sick fuckers want

It isn't hard to get the kind of retard who likes DBZ to feel hype user. Throw a sparkly bunch of keys and you'll get the same effect.

>why can't a cartoon inspire the kind of love and passion this cartoon does

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 102K)

People get hyped because it's entertaining. When was the last time a western cartoon was entertaining?

Attached: 1519677002620.webm (854x480, 2.93M)

I gave a shit again when the show started to focus on it's lore again, along with introducing some interesting new characters for a change. It's Christina Miller who doesn't give a shit, OP. She does her damnest to slide it's money maker, the very show that saved the network after all that live action bullshit almost burying it. to the far end of the shelf until it falls off into obscurity. If she doesn't care to give it a proper send off, then why should I care to actually watch it and give that a bitch the extra percentage in ratings?

America cares about monetizing everything they can. The moment the see the well drying up they jump ships.

Story driven stories never seem to catch on primarily because suits feel its not marketable as spamming the popular sitcom for 24 hrs.

Fritz the Cat.

>implying episode 130 wasn't hype as fuck

C'mon what the equivalent to DBS super episode 130.

is because the generation you know 90 kids have nothing to watch here before the DBZ Hype Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon were treated the same way.
even Naruto ( who is becoming some kind of popular with kids now)received the same treatment..that current DB..ignore the picture

Attached: 1518167264359.jpg (839x1280, 385K)

Its so sad that when you break down shounen, all it boils down to is seeing characters fights. Yet the only people to grasp this in the west is Rooster teeth, and what they make is fucking garbage.

The next generation is ready tho

Attached: 1521476884648.jpg (1280x853, 103K)

Action shounen is WWE

x-men, spider-man, reruns of thundercats gi joe and turtles. There was action shows to watch. But none of them had episodes equivalent to frieza goku, piccolo v 17, gohan v cell etc.

>CN
Not anymore thanks to the idiots in charge there.

Creeping moral decay of the past thousand years.

>decay
>implying the previous generations were more virtuous compared to the current one.

Attached: dumb.jpg (300x300, 26K)

They didn't have sex before getting married and that's what's really important. Fucking roasties.

yes, you're not getting anything from it until 2019

They were massive pedos tho, Romeo and Juliet were teenagers for example

It was a different time.

I don’t recall any film in the Dragon Ball films ever grossing a billion dollars in box office and having a huge impact on the medium and future stories.

user look around you.
Self proclaimed Social Justice Warriors create safe spaces and echo chambers for people to foster a hypocritical hate group who lump everyone not with them as against them and try to censor and control multiple aspects of people's lives
Politicians ignore terrorist attacks out of fear of being politically incorrect or to push their own agendas
Journalism has disregard any sense of integrity and credibility leading to the masses becoming less informed and more politically charged
A new generation even more apathetic than Gen X that has to somehow pick up the pieces of what dying baby boomers are leaving.
And to top it off people get more mad than an angry monkey with explosions losses to a guy who believe in Truth and Justice, BECAUSE he believes in Truth and Justice. More so than anyone got angry at Zoe Quinn for using Robin William's suicide to promote her shitty 'game'.
Humanity is in the fucking toilet.

Dragon Ball was very influential. At least as far as I know it created the battle shounen formula.

nope

DB popularized many of the common tropes of the genre but they already existed before

Attached: kinnikuman.png (532x392, 467K)

It doesn't really matter who technically did something first.

What town?

How is Infinity Train like Adventure Time?

Ooarai/Ouarai

user, you are patethic.

If I could I would throw you on the 30s just to experience what a world with real issues is. "Buuuuh the world today is not perfect" buuuh fucking hoooo, it has always being this way. And if you treat faggots with "safe space" as a real dangerous issue, you are not better than any of them, you both are just faggots screaming over trivial bulshit. Stop seeing the past with this dumb rose-tinted glasses.

You're either living under a rock or an SJW shill.

I don't think being like DBZ fans is something you want.

I'll watch Super but it's out of habit at this point. It's horribly written and at times horribly animated. They reuse animation and their idea of a special two episode event is to not show an episode for a week and show two the next week.

And yet I will watch the final episode on my break at work because I don't want to wait until I get home to do so.

Attached: I've lost control of my life.jpg (184x184, 6K)

Disney poisoned the well for adult cartoon fans at the very beginning, consigning them to children's entertainment and very small groups of very strange adult fans who aren't willing to appear in public.

No, audiences did that by not watching their attempt at adult animation (Fantasia). Only after that did Disney go"fuck adults".

it was actually the soccer moms from that time the ones who wanted to censor everything made in animation that wasn't toddler-tier

It is good for your sales.

Not in America he doesn’t sell less. Not in Europe.

Post numbers faggot.

You probably don't go out into the real world often.

Somehow DBS broke it's own fandom harder than Sonic '06 did with Sonic fags. I hope Toei goes back to keep the series alive through movies instead of long-running series like they were doing with BoG and RoF, since they have absolutely no competence to do quality control on a series made in episodic format

Western cartoons are for children. Anime is for older audiences. The sex and violence imagery common in anime make that abundantly clear.

Emotionally stunted hipsters and waifufags lap up trash like Adventure time and SU, but there is no dedication to the franchises because they’re in it for superficial reasons. Anime fans tend to have an actual emotional connection to the characters.

Eh, might as well ape Asterix then.

>since they have absolutely no competence to do quality control on a series made in episodic format
Toei also makes Precure, which has much better production quality and consistency. It's also a new series with new characters/setting every year (with some exceptions).

Attached: dobson butterfry.jpg (792x2659, 1.34M)

Kys weeb

Isn't Precure released seasonally? Or they just make like DBS which is released almost every week with some few hiatuses once and a while?

>Why are cartoons unable to inspire this kind of love and passion?
I assume you mean autism by that. Steven Universe, Adventure Time and MLP all fit that bill, disturbingly so even.

Each Precure series runs for a year, every year.

Only in America but who cares about americans

I mean good fans

Apparently Toei's A-team is totally focused on Precure and everything else they make is outsourced

>Dragon Ball Super
No, you don't.

Are you american or something

No. Are americans supposed to know their DB now? I thought the boogeymen went that they were the bad dub Faulconer loving retards. And I don't doubt it at all. Then again, it was also the spics who couldn't understand the genius of Toei's worst production, headed by a tax evading guy who just wants to cash in and barely even writes the fucking thing, leaving the job to a bunch of ghost writers with zero coordination, leading to each episode doing its own thing with plotlines and characters, directly contradicting the previous ones. Then the supposedly canon manga comes out, drawn and written by a fanfic faggot, that confirms half the bad ideas in the anime come from the ghost writers and the other half from tax evading man.

The western cartoons we got by that time were mostly shit or just very short, and for instance when you compared the jap street fighter vs YES YES YES it just enforced the notion that animu was more badass or "mature". DB was pretty decent, even girls watched it so shit even helped to hold hands, not to mentioned it wasn't the murrica version and people followed goku since the first series, that god tier dub too. Maybe a candy candy remake would have similar effect. And I guess people here ain't as inhibit with what they like. That being said dbs a shit. .

>tfw my 58 years old father is a Candy Candy fag

Attached: 1511666395966.jpg (533x568, 181K)

Sometimes Dobson is literally Sup Forums.

It started before Soccer moms were really a thing. Cartoons were age gated more or less the same way comics were, but without there even being a Cartoons Code Authority. In the golden age plenty of theatrical cartoons (including a ton of Fleischer Studios and Looney Tunes shorts) were made with adult audiences in mind, but back then adult audiences still meant tame stuff, so kids watched it no problem. It was that generation of kids who got things confused and thought because they liked cartoons as kids that all cartoons were for kids. Television animation was hampered from the outset, way before soccer moms were a thing.

I don't think the problem was the target audience, but the lack of seriousness. Those old cartoons don't even seem like they were ever aimed at adults from today's perspective.

Because western cartoons are complete garbage.

This, the real blame is Hana Barbera, the animation was so shit (and in turn the plots so simplistic) that no one but children would ever watch that garbage.

Dragon Ball Super is a cartoon.

It's an anime.

Oh fucking kill yourself that's like saying The Dark Knight has a fandom and is only 10 years old, it's the same goddamn characters

You're agreeing with him.

Cartoons and anime are not the same thing.

Yes, they are, they are both dessins animés.

They are different kinds of animation and neither of them has anything to do with France.

That's the thing, america got db and dbz late, mexico has been into dragon ball since the 80s, that's also the reason why concerts of the digimon singers sell a lot here, mexico has a boner for japanese media in general but dbz is so big that it's almost like a religion, and as big as soccer here

>They are different kinds of animation
Not really, no.
>neither of them has anything to do with France.
Actually you can argue they both do.

How wrong can you get?

>Not really, no.
They have next to nothing in common.

>Actually you can argue they both do.
In what way?

Good taste. Does he have a husbando?

Attached: cc.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Fuck off with this nonsense. If anime was less juvenile I would be watching more of it.

If anime is supposed to be juvenile, then what does that make American animation? It must be for literal babies. Or maybe fetuses.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Sora yori mo Tooi Basho - 12 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.27_[2018.03.24_00.24.10].jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Oh I agree with you that most western cartoons are for kids, but anime is only slightly better by being mostly for teens.I have zero interest in watching a show about child or a show about teenagers life at high school.