What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the first Spongebob movie?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the first Spongebob movie?

Attached: TheCountyLine.jpg (720x540, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsGv5n7rAYY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No movie with Motorhead is bad.

Fun and better than it had any right to be.

It was good.

wait a minute...
is that...?

Ocean Man Take me by the hand and lead me to the land that you understand

Attached: 1521067643681.gif (400x323, 1004K)

Attached: 1519949293595.png (633x377, 283K)

>Well well, look at the city slickers pulling up in their fancy McDonald's car

this car was made at the Krusty Krab

Well la de da, Mr. Guccheese loafers

I got these shoes from Old Man Jenkins

Well pardon us, Mr. Industrial Park Avenue manicure

Ras Gas and Pass

Sorry I believe in FUCKING AND SUCKING

I feel like the movie is really quotable but doesn't get the same kind of attention as the first 3 seasons.
youtube.com/watch?v=PsGv5n7rAYY

God tier, it was a great sendoff to classic Spongebob.
I regret not seeing it in theaters.

>I'm a Goofy Goober, ROCK

Kino

I did. Shit was great, even after I spilled a huge cup of coke on my feet.

Fantastic, made me cry as a young lad when Spongebob and Patrick died.

Some things keep it from being on par with the first 3 seasons though
>coloring/animation style is just so slightly off in a way I can't explain
>the entire deal with Spongebob and Patrick acting like babies and wanting to grow up was out of place and a troubling sign of what they would become in the post movie seasons
>mermaid chick was boring as heck and a waste of a character

Still great though, a movie that has David Hasselhoff shooting the heroes using his pecs cannot be bad.

>the entire deal with Spongebob and Patrick acting like babies and wanting to grow up was out of place and a troubling sign of what they would become in the post movie seasons

This is really my main beef with it. The whole plot of the movie revolved around Spongebob and Patrick being able to do this really difficult task despite being kids, but they're not actually kids.

I was like 14 when that movie came out, so I was in a weird spot to watch something It's weird to think about, but Spongebob came out when I was 9 years old, and I'll be 28 this year. Almost 20 years on the air. I'd say it's like the Simpsons, but the Simpsons was already ancient when I was a kid.

It's a coming of age film, where you transition from a more child-like mentality to being more of an adult who can handle responsibilities.

That's really why it works so well as a finale, because it's sort the end of what they were during the series.

Ocean Man the voyage to the corner of the globe is the real trip

Spongebob is apparently only 13 years old when he gets a job at the Krusty Krab.

That means he's about 18 when the movie happens in 2004.

Why he's living on his own, and in boating school, whatever, it's a cartoon. He's kind of ageless, but he was always sort of meant to be in that weird flux of 'Not quite a fully grown man yet.'

If any of you fuckers say sneed, I will tear out your lungs.

Attached: 1521740621017.jpg (1280x720, 561K)

My favorite joke is very early on.
>I'm making a complete what of myself?
>THE most embarrassing thing you've ever seen?
>And now I'm making it worse by repeating everything you say into the microphone?

>Be me
>4th grade
>Learned about The Spongebob Movie thanks to a blurb in my Nickelodeon Magazine
>Lose my goddamn mind
>So excited
>Beg my mom to take me opening night
>I've got a dental appointment that day and I've got school the day after
>At this point I had already bought the novel adaptation at the school book fair and read through the entire thing (fuck it, I was excited)
>She agrees to take me after going to the dentist
>I'm the youngest kid in the theater
>It's me, my mom, and a bunch of highschool/college kids getting hyped as fuck for some Spongebob
>Get the soundtrack afterwards
>Had a little egg-shaped MP3 player where you'd have to plug it into the audio jack of a radio and record the songs off of a CD
>Spend an hour transferring the whole thing, listen to it while playing Pokemon Ruby on my swing set in the summer
It's a comfy as fuck movie, and one of the few that brings me back to a very specific point in my childhood whenever I watch it.

>Pic related, my graduation cap when I completed my undergrad

Attached: grad cap.jpg (720x960, 94K)

it was pretty good.
also F bigger boot.

It was a good final episode.

Ocean man, the crust of a tan man imbibed by the sand

Soaking up the thirst of the land

spongebob actually takes place in the future, for whatever reason. it's like two decades or so ahead.

The Mollusk is the better song.

I was a kid that spent most of my afternoons watching TV and I don't know how did I miss that movie. I only got to see it at school when a friend brought a DVD for everyone to watch at the last day of class. I still can't believe I missed it in theaters.

my favorite part of this bit is that you can hear mr krabbs mutter the word jackass

It's cartoon kino

ocean man, take me by the hand.

Attached: 1521829427214.gif (600x567, 449K)

My dad drove all the way from across the state to take me to see it. Over 100 miles. Busy schedule that weekend, most of his time on the road. Made time for me and we had fun.

chuck

I didn't really think about it as a kid (didn't see it in theaters as a kid either) but the way they used that "pirates in the theater crying" gag when Spongebob dries up was genius--it recognized that a shitton of theater kids are watching and probably getting emotional, and it gives the moment comic relief without actually devaluing the "sadness" of the moment. Sure it was resolved like thirty seconds later, but still.

really great. It would have been nice if they continued the show after the movie came out, but it's probably for the better having this movie as the definite finale.

underrated

I think it was the movie that cemented my love for road trip movies, like Beavis and Butthead Do America and Dumb and Dumber.

same user i love comfy buddy movies

Attached: Gone_fishin.jpg (253x393, 25K)

Not really.

People say its the last good 'episode' before the decline, but I think it was the start of the decline.

It's the first time we see Spongebob's voice heighten in pitch, him crying all the time and acting like a kid and not the naive immature adult from the early seasons.

Bananas and blow, aa-aaah,
Bananas and blow.
Stuck in my cabana, living on banans and blow.

Was good. Should have been the finale, but the first few episodes of Season 4 were pretty decent.

I agree.

That being said it still felt like it had enough of the first three years of Spngebob to make it a good send off, before Spongebob truly went down the shitter.

[/spoiler] David Hasselhoff really made that film shine to 8-year old me, and is still arguably the best part of the entire film.

people have been making this joke for like ten years

LET'S BEGIN WITH THE PAST IN FRONT

WAAAAAAAAAAITER

it's better than anything that came after it but in retrospect it was the beginning of the end