Kings Batman

Do you like it?

Attached: Batman_Rebirth_Vol_1_1.jpg (1640x2521, 418K)

No.

No, but I can't completely blame King. I just don't really care for cape comics anymore.

Anything special about it?

Not really. I like Clay mann’s art and Joelle Jones issues look awesome.
Hate it when that guy called Janin is there, looks disgusting.

The dialogue is cringe worthy and I dont really feel like I’m reading Batman

it's the worst, I think it's a parody or something

its not very good at all

Apologize

Attached: Miss_Me_Yet.jpg (576x676, 100K)

its not great, its not even good, but its readable. I'd have stuck with it if the art wasn't so insanely bad.

I will not. His run was 100% carried by the art.

King may not even have that going for him, but that doesn't make Snyder's run better than it was.

Probably some of the most hit and miss issues I've seen in a while. While Snyder always maintained a minimum quality to his work, with his more asinine ideas (second court of owls arc) still being more readable than some comics currently on the market. ANd regardless of naysayers, I enjoyed the majority of Year Zero as it didn't overly interfere with Year One's content enabling them to be side read next to one another (I'd read Year One, then Zero).

Is anyone at all happy about Bruce and Selina?

I like it. It seems experimental to some extent. Classifying the run by art:
>The Finch drawn arcs read better in trades. >The Mann and Gerards stuff is superb.
>The one-shots (Moore, Reis, Rossmo, Fabok) are solid stuff.
>Jones' stuff is fine but was a bit weak.
>The Janin stuff reads (relatively) better in trade form and i don't have that many issues with his style, so i find it kinda fun. (The Ivy arc just seemed to be falling to some fans gripes with Ivy being a villain in the WOJAR.)

Is CBR right, Sup Forums?

Attached: cbr.jpg (1844x230, 77K)

that's a bit much desu

literately psy-ops

What's wrong with Finch's art work? I'm enjoying it but there's been some underwhelming shit like the entire arc with Bruce forming his own suicide squad. I really like the way King writes his Alfred but one thing I was pleasantly surprised with was seeing how similar Bane and Batman's childhood were in I think volume three. That was nice.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

The Bruce/Selina stuff is the only reason why I still read it.

I didn't see the reaction to the scene where Bruce and the Robins go out to get burgers but what did Sup Forums think? I thought it was pretty funny showing Bruce's autism and how he's in Batman mode 100% of the time.

People loved it. I Am Gotham and I Am Bane are his best arcs. His Bane was actually true to the character which is a rarity these days. He also has had some killer single issues like The Brave and the Mold, and the Looney Tunes crossover. But TWOJAR was weak outside Kite Man.

For the most part yeah.

The War of Jokes and Riddles was the only part I haven't liked. The double date issues were great. I haven't read the Ivy shit yet.

I do, the comic itself is fine, but watching batfags have a meltdown every Storytime is the kind of entertainment that you can’t find any place else even if you paid for it.

Finch was fine. Every one is fine desu. It's Janin is the poop juice

this man speaks the truth

Seriously and sincerely; did you start reading batman before or after 2011?

>Watching people that pay for something get mad about something I don't pay for is great.
Fuck you.

Before, been reading off and on since Knightfall.

I don't understand these kind of posts. I'm not even reading King's Batman, but why do people think that they have some kind of supreme taste by reading Batman(or any other particular character or a company) all their lives. If anything, characterfags and companyfags have the most plebby taste.

>implying I didn’t put King’s Batman on my pul list when it was announced
Fuck you right back buddy

King seems like a cool guy

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1818, 964K)

It's inconsistent

Wow that's a horrible censoring job

lmao. nice editing work, user. I'm glad you've got Jaremy H. Bill's back covered

I hate it.

the dialogue reads like one

Before 2011 for a few years. stopped for a bit. and then got back just as the new 52 started. Why?

I hate the CatBat shit.

I actually liked Gotham Girl and I’d be keen to see where she goes as a character. I like the lack of Joker. The Button, Swamp Thing and Elmer Fudd issues were all good.

There is no excuse for Superman and the Flashes to job so hard to Batman and Catwoman, and the people who autisticly defend this “they were mind controlled” make me cringe.

So much of his writing takes huge leaps in logic or makes no sense. There were so many things wrong with Batman releasing the Arkham inmates to defeat Bane.

The War of Jokes and Riddles was one of the worst Batman stories I’ve read. Again, huge leaps in logic. Why would any of the other villians pick a side in Joker and Riddler’s pissing contest?

Overall, his run has been terrible with occasional good moments.

I can't fucking stand Tom King. On any book.

I'd normally just be like "eh, I just won't read his books, whatever" but it seems like everywhere I turn folks are praising his shit like the second coming of Jesus and I just end up feeling I'm taking crazy pills.

The war of the jokes and the riddles was wasted, horrible execution. His run is like a fanfic, a boring and strange fanfic.

I didn't have a problem with catwoman and Bruce's wedding but again the execution is awful, I think I hate her now and Bruce's dialogue is an atrocity, Wonderwoman's business was bad like too much KEK

I've read better fanfics than this run. His romantic scenes are superficial and the dialogue again is very bad.

I feel I'm reading some alternative reality like Injustice and I think I enjoyed Injustice more.

The first arc was ok, I really liked Night of the Monster Men, Bane arc was ok. Stopped reading at War of Jokes and Riddles because I'm lazy and it didn't grab me at the start.

*alternate

His Batman is the Batman you'd usually see in a team book like Justice League. He's just not much of a character. He really needs some more internal narration. Otherwise we're just watching things happen.

Overall I’m enjoying it, mainly in trade form but I do enjoy his one off Issues like Date Night, the Annuals, Elmer Fudd issue and the Swamp thing issue

I will not. King's run is very understated and Snyder's was very overstated. We need something in the middle.

Bruce losing his shit at Swamp Thing about MUH PARENTS was pretty well written.

Even if you hate the guy you got to respect how he puts himself out there

Yes I enjoy it

Hell yeah

Fuck no. King can't write dialogue, and War of Jokes and Riddles feels like a parody of Batman event books.

Attached: 1494126374480.jpg (366x343, 52K)

Absolutely not. The dialogue is awful, and it constantly feels like he wants the story to be deeper than it is. His characterization of Bruce is also ridiculous.

It is satire but most of us just haven't caught on

I'm glad he isn't using Tim Drake

Attached: I'm Batman.png (1560x774, 2.12M)

Its not bad. Not great but not aweful. Most of it is mediocre but not really anything cringeworthy.

Attached: Presented without comment.jpg (1988x3056, 1.45M)

His stories seem like they could be interesting, but whatever kind of thing he's doing with that dialogue is just annoying.

Yeah, Court of Owls was pretty good. Better than anything King has ever written.

No, not particularly, and I have liked King before. I really liked Grayson and even the Robin War (and from the little I have seen Mister Miracle, it also looks like me cup of tea).

However, something in his Batman is off-putting, and I can't describe what, but maybe it comes down to Bruce's charactirisation.

I don't really know who he is what are he wants.

It feels like the writing is focusing in everything around him, but not on him. I mean even this Batman/Catman marriage gives a lot of insight about Selina and how she perceives herself and their relationship, and while she has many times spelled out Bruce's feelings, I'm still in dark if that is really how Bruce actually thinks or feels.

Generally, The Brave and the Mold, Loony Tunes and the Button are considered good issues or arcs, and guess what they have in common? Batman is the protagonist in all of them.

it's become more and more evident that seeley was responsible for grayson's success in spite of king

Thoughts on King's Vision and Miracle Man?

This is bait even for CBR standards.

Everyone knows that the true OTP is Bruce/Zatanna

I like King but I hate his Batman run with small exceptions.

King's a cool guy, but he's a terrible writer.

Most people think of it as a "hit or miss" series, and I agree, however, I still love King's work. And all his other works too, especially Vision and Sheriff of Babylon.
He has very good and emotional stories like Rooftops, the Brave and the Mold, Ballad of Kite-Man, Annual 2 and Superfriends (Especially Bats/Supes one), but these are just filler arcs or one-shot stories. They are great, but I would like King to put as much effort into his major story arcs as he does for the short stories. This is my main concern about King's Batman.
His Batman feels more like a damaged vigilante yet he still shows big emotional spectrum towards people around him. This is where King really shines. He knows how to make Batman look "real".
However, I still think that the book deserves better artists. There is some pretty good artwork like Joelly Jones', Clay Mann's or Mitch Gerads' and some mediocre/bad like Finch and Janin.
Overall, it is pretty good. I would give it a 7.5/10. There is a huge potential for King, and I hope that editorial will let him take the full control over Batman.

Yes it's very good despite an awkward first arc. And very good is ok. Not everything has to suck or be the best.

I will not, he was terrible from start to finish. With out a superstar artist the run would be forgotten. For instance he had big epic arcs, all retread of Morrison, but can you remember specific moments? Character moments?

>but can you remember specific moments? Character moments?

And in the same vein, you hardly ever see pages or panels posted of Snyder's Batman run.

lol no

Attached: ADBEC876-6E47-41DC-9BE9-5C3B957E9268.jpg (395x263, 50K)

Not him But It's hard to forget

Uh...Snyder was better and even if he had some problems King is so bad that I'd prefer Snyder, his run looks like pure gold now hahaha

And I'm Bane was boring and the ending was stupid

What were your favorite parts?

Court of Owls, Dead of the family was interesting but the story felt unfinished in some aspects, still interesting. Endgame despite the immortal J. that at least was fixed after.

I know when the next Batman writer starts his run, people will go "Bring back King! This guy sucks!" no matter how good the next run is.

There have been moments that I like, but not a single arc has left me satisfied.

Unless they hire Tynion or Bennett or Bendis I don't see that happening.

he is a typical Tumblr shipping SJW. All signs point to it now. Remember WW's blatant sexism? Remember Catwoman taking out three Flashes in one swing? And all of those instances he ridiculed Batman and had him question himself? That's it -- he is an agenda writer.

3. And before I forget, I'm sick to death of this trend of saving villains. Is this My Little Pony now? All that's missing is WW declaring, "Magic of Friendship Always Triumphs." Poor misunderstood Gotham villains! First, TwoFace, then Killer Crock, then ClayFace, then Harley, then Ivy...what's happening with Deadshot now, is he being redeemed as well? I can't wait for a redemption arc for Bane. I even know that it will probably center on his struggle to overcome his addiction to drugs and stop being such a big bully -- very poignant messages, mind you!

It's gonna happen because comic readers are fickle. I remember when Morrison was writing Batman, and everyone hated him and wanted the last writer back. It doesn't matter how good the next writer will be, or how much King will fuck up in the next issue. There's gonna be some people whining about the next run when that starts up.

Anyone know where I can go to catch up on his run? Buying the back issues is too expensive for me right now. I'd love to check his run out.

He ruined Ivy for me. I used to like and respect her as a unique villain. Now it's all gone.

You're listing your favorite parts as critically flawed, I mean, *did* you like it?

Hoopla app across most platforms is free and amazing. This board never talks about it. W library card u get 4-10 rentals a month. make sure u get Book 1 not volume 1 as it's 1-15 instead of 1-6. Also the first arc is shaky, gets better soon after.

I know I sound like a shill, for libraries I guess, but if you're unable to drop a lot of loot on comics it is a great resource. Entire volumes. You can breeze through runs in a couple days. Lots of indie stuff too.

I use to think they were alright but ever since that series of Batman/Super-man comics got storytimes I realized this his writing of the character is completely shit

Attached: 1501247405604.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

There's a big difference between what Morrison was able to do in 50 issues and what King was able to do. To the point of redundancy.

>The arcs

The arcs were developed properly instead of that King's arcs seem just suggested ideas where we state things and that's all, it's like I'm reading the synopsis of an arc

>Joker playing around with Dionesium

It was cool, an interesting way to use the elements in Batman's world.

>The Joker after Endgame couldn't be the same Joker.

A new version of the Joker without memories was good cause though it was going to be a new evil version at the same time the original Joker couldn't come back, the situation was at least curious, there wasn't anything to remember cause he had a new brain, like Joker Zero Year. It could have been just Joker getting his memory back but Snyder didn't want that, he wanted a new Joker and then N52 was finished just like that and we lost 3 years Snyder had planned already.

>Court of Owls

The secret society in Gotham has possibilities, more because the members could be important, clean people. I have some issues with the development but yep, it was good.

>The dialogue

Snyder talked a lot sometimes, too much but usually the characters didn't seem so retarded.

>Snyder's run wasn't exclusively fanservice for shippers.

Snyder's run was serious, a Batman's run while King's seem a parody. The run turns around cheap shipping and King can't write romance anyway. Snyder never had such a soap opera or at least his soap opera was better.

>Mystery.

Snyder could start a mystery and catch your attention and at least Snyder tried to tell the story instead the matter is done in 3 or 4 issues now.

>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.
>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.
>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.
>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.
>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.

Still better than Snyder

No.

nope

Easily yes

Not really. I got bored around the end of the I Am Gotham storyline and just stopped reading it.

Both runs are garbage. I would rather read Snyder's though because Capullo can draw. Janin is the epitome of lazyiness.

>Snyder's run was serious, a Batman's run while King's seem a parody.
Is this what people really think? Not defending King, but Snyder's "serious" interpretation basically boiled down to turning Batman into a bad slasher movie with elements that were so needlessly edgy they seemed like self-parody.

Snyder was Batman for the Nolan casual generation. Edgy, dumb.

Snyder didn't do a lot of "edgy" stuff that wasn't just making the best of a bad situation thrust on him by one of the other Batman books. Pretty sure it was a different writer in Detective Comics or something that peeled off the Joker's face.

Not that user but that's nearly inconsequential. He took that Joker and ran with it, and his dialogue and plotting was fucking embarrassing.

>turning Batman into a bad slasher movie with elements that were so needlessly edgy
Aside from the Joker face thing, give me 5 more examples.

Different user

Bruce breaking Dicks jaw
Joker as xenomorph in police station
Joker saying stupid edgy shit nonstop in ebic voice bubbles
Kidnapped tortured Alfred
Bruce showing Joker his identity

Its years ago now but that's off the top, I dropped it after death of family

Can someone explain me what was the point with the Gordon Batman.
Was he created because Morrison made Dickbats, because that is the only explanation I have for the period.