Was there a time when Sup Forums was a fun board? What happened?

Was there a time when Sup Forums was a fun board? What happened?

Attached: 1486532483953.jpg (380x440, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this talking about the tan thread utilizing cartoon network's ttg marathoning ways by immortalizing their ugly soul into Sup Forums waifushit form?

The moment this board stopped allowing nfsw posts it died

When the first three episodes of Samurai Jack was airing, this board was F U N. It was still fun when it went to Episode 4-6, but when ghost Jack was erased, this hurt the quality of both the show and the board.

I remember when Sup Forumsco/'s bizzare adventure was still a thing, too.

Attached: Samurai Jack Season 5.png (1618x360, 1.12M)

2010-2013 was the last good era of this board. Better users, better mods, no stupid Sup Forums posting, OC, etc.

Attached: 2010-2013.jpg (714x714, 436K)

Pretty much all the way up until ~2013 Sup Forums was one of the better boards. Don't know exactly when the shift started but it was somewhere in there.

>fappening
>gamergate
>AT and RS went to shit

>let tumblr in
>wonder why the place goes to shit

Oh yeah, that would explain it. Being too friendly to outsiders probably didn't help either, I remember there being a period around 2014 where a lot of non-Sup Forums terms like "toxic masculinity" were getting tossed around here.

>reddit-flavor butthurt projection: the post
The reddit migration of 2014-2016 is the reason why most of this site went to shit.

Even now Sup Forums is too friendly to outsiders. This is why Sup Forums is full of newfags from reddit and tumblr

this has happened on other boards as well

the western geek industry has gone into a terminal decline since a few years ago due to drumpf, alt-rights, sjws, sjw driven media, identity politics, unstoppable AAA/blockbuster marketing, the dead of middle franchises, egoistic loud indies on SNS, etc

these became clear last year

Sup Forums was always the weenie board.

i was here for a while and Sup Forums was ALWAYS nicer then every other board except the slower niche boards

Attached: 1500716728530.gif (320x297, 125K)

>Was there a time when Sup Forums was a fun board?
Yes
>What happened?
It's still fun depending on how you use it, of course, but for the pessimistic route: Avatar, Homestuck, Legend of Korra, MLP, People trying too hard to act like other boards, people trying too hard to not be "Tumblr", people trying too hard to be politically incorrect in an unfunny way, people worrying too much about SJWs, horrible moderation that limits activities that used to be fine, bad moderation that limits cartoon discussion, people trying too hard to dictate what should or shouldn't be talked about, company wars that are taken too seriously instead of the tongue-in-cheek way they should at most be, the general direction the internet has taken, the general direction animation and comics have taken, people focusing too much on popular comics and cartoons that might not be great while ignoring unpopular ones that would be enjoyable then wondering why more stuff like the popular "bad" shows keep gettinf made.

>It's still fun depending on how you use it
The board isn't fun at all. The pessimistic route is the only route.

>bad moderation that limits cartoon discussion
It's honestly really hard to talk about anything on Sup Forums that isn't a cartoon that's finished airing or a capecomic/live action adaptation of a capecomic. Webcomic discussion arguably gets worse treatment than cartoons, with a few exceptions.

Sup Forums is good to talk about fetish, ans some storytimes, like the ones about Hellboy.

Thats it.

the main reason is modern western cartoons/comics suck big time and have become very one sided

truthfully speaking, only those american tumblr folks and ameriboos who can get into those calarts cartoons/sjw-ish comics can enjoy Sup Forums now. normalfags who only consume mainstream capeshit too.

im liberal but not american, and cant into those at all anymore.

Fags like you ruined this board

because im not american?

sounds rational

RIP the Gumball threads I wasn't around for. Why did I have to discover the show after the comfy times were gone?

Further proof that inclusiveness only ruins communities.

>tfw gumball had its own drawthreads

Attached: sad-gumball.gif (500x281, 157K)

God damn, man. I didn't know this feel existed, and now that I do, I wish to crawl back into the blissful ignorance in which I previously dwelt.

How can I ever be happy again, knowing that I missed out on such good times?

Attached: Losing My Religion Plays Softly In The Background.png (881x1125, 1.38M)

Is Star VS threads worse than SU threads? Just asking...

Attached: felix_and_kitty_with_a_ladybug_by_marcospower1996-dc6ryio.jpg (1095x730, 48K)

S1/early S2 SU threads were good. Star treads were never good.

I only like Janna out of the entire show funny enough

>Shows used to have talkback threads outside of generals that weren't infected with general cancer.
>If a show does have a general, making a talkback thread gets instantly deleted.

Attached: sobbing.png (500x379, 285K)

SU threads started out alright then slowly went to shit around the end of season 2. Although they used to be shit for the autistic fandom, I think they're more shitty for the whining nowadays than anything.
Star VS threads are just spamming memes and shipping autism with some discussion mixed in, and always have been. I don't know if they're worse than SU threads per se, but they were never exactly good.

Every day, I come here once to find the most Sup Forumsmblr-infested thread I can find, and I make a few posts that BTFO these idiots and call them out on their exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/ shaming tactics, and the thread starts to autosage.

What threads suddenly get bumped?

Shitty generals and "Could superman beat Goku?" threads full of idiots unwilling to accept The Book Of Infinity wasn't infinitely dense since it only contained all the info on earth, Superman doesn't have enough light for "push planets around" feats 24/7, he's never fought anyone as strong as Goku, power levels aren't bullshit in the setting of DBZ and anyone who says otherwise is headcanoning them away like a brainlet downie, anyone who says "DBZ talking about power levels=me saying me super strong and fast", anyone who can't understand the difference between "Maximum power output" and "What a DBZ fighter usually puts out during long fights" is a tard, and anyone who says "if they could destroy everything with one pinky then why don't they" is an idiot who can only understand numbers and feats if they're displayed in simple still pictrues and explained with onscreen text should be ignored.

Complain about this site's worthless cucked SJW mods and janitors, and you're given a temporary ban for "Complaining about Sup Forums outside of the designated ignored complaints board". It's a fucking joke. This is what happens when you let tumblr in, they ruin your board out of spite.
Ummmmmm no sweetie it's because of ppl like you who talk like this but try to sound like Sup Forums posts that call everyone reddit, try again

It could be worse. I witnessed how the fandom went to shit around S4. The mods and the newfags killed it

Attached: Sad cat.png (532x631, 33K)

Its your fault for making JUST REVOLVE AROUND shitty pedo furry incest faggotory.

Cringe

You need to go back

Don't blame me, I only showed up at the very end of season 5.

Also, what's it like having shit taste? It must be awful being born with the wrong opinions.

MLP happened, and the collective hate and malice that it produced lingered even after MLP's exodus and found new targets. It's all been shit ever since.

Also generals are a blight but that's a site wide epidemic.

You need to go back

How did Gamergate have any effect on a non-gaming board? Did the SJWs who showed up to shut down and censor discussion on Sup Forums show up here just in case?

generals. You defended them? You pay the price. Now go back to get fucked by your sacred tumblr thread makers.

It's hard to remember now, but there used to be a lot of friendly crossposting between Sup Forums and Sup Forums when it was young. There's a lot of things that pushed them apart over time, but generally speaking you could say poniposting led to a separation, and GG led to a divorce.

You guys do realize if someone wants to shitpost they'll just do it right? There's no mystical power that compels boards to hate each other.

>Was there a time when Sup Forums was a fun board?
No, hoe.
>What happened?
Time.

Attached: 1256566106118.jpg (475x529, 40K)

Sup Forums was always kind of wimpy desu.

I moved to /MLPOL/ after April Fool's. No SJWs there. No shitposters there. You'd think the bronies would be annoying, but they left the annoying ones behind on /mlp/.

Competent, non-SJW moderation, too.

/mlp/ is a time capsule of Sup Forums from 2010.

This. MLP and the shitstorm that was its rise and fall tore the heart of Sup Forums because it was Sup Forums. The place got a lot more bitter after that. MLP is also why we see so many generals nowadays because mods had no other way to contain things. With small breaks only when it was banned, there was an /mlp/ general up for two years straight, and I'm pretty sure if I went to /mlp/ now, I would find the Sup Forums MLP general still up.

Attached: 1409489392444.jpg (768x576, 41K)

Been here for like 8 years, ehhh.

Not really. Though it was definitely *more* fun than current Sup Forums.

Rule of Lee made it clear that you could spam mods to delete content you didn't want on Sup Forums.

When GG started, people immediately screamed for mods to stop Sup Forums from discussing how shit the gaming press is, which just caused Sup Forums to make negative threads about it even more, which then escalated further and further.

With the perversion of North American liberates, the whole world became mad. The new "normal" person is, not only ignorant, but as well fucked up in head.

Combine all these and you have a shitposter that knows he has the power to DELET threads and even whole topics, escalate his shitposting through this and a madness that cannot be argued with as it is correct.

It is.