Are they evenly matched?

Are they evenly matched?

Attached: thos.jpg (720x646, 42K)

Haha, no. No one is evenly matched with Saitama. That's kind of his thing.

>The Gary Sue self insert against an actual character with his own weaknesses and limitations.
>evenly matched?

Attached: lowqualitybait.jpg (480x270, 14K)

You really missed the point of one punch man.

Murata and his fans missed the point of opm

whoever made this thread missed the point of one punch man

>le WAN PANCH MAN xD can beat ANYTHING in one hit

that's not the point of the series and nobody fucking cares you insufferable autists, stop ruining it for the rest of us

Saitama wins, because he was written that way.

What if Saitama fought Chuck Norris?

OP just want to trigger people.

Reply hazy. Try again later.

I missed the point of OPM. I don't get it how a neet loser who gets god-like powers in a year can be so miserable about his life, just because nobody is muh even match anymoe. It's not like all his life was about fighting and looking for stronger enemies, it happened recently. He should get his kicks from saving people, getting girls, or, I don't know become movie star or construction worker. Whole world is his bitch, after all.

It would be much better series if he tried to make the most of his life, and it turned out his unlimited powers didn't actually solve all his problems, that he had to struggle with problems like anyone else, because you can't just punch anyone you like.

But I just watched the only season of animey, maybe it takes another direction later?

Sage and report

Attached: fuck_anime_poster_by_pireci-d3f8uqc.jpg (450x530, 195K)

Nah, not really.
The manga is ongoing, though, and I think it's better.

EVERYONE misses the most obvious point.

Crossovers are retarded.

A character with similar meme powers could. Popeye with spinach for example would likely give him a run for his money.

Or, I just thought about it: it could be a story about a loser who stays a loser despite being able to beat anyone, because being a loser is a thing in your head. OPM is basically this, but with this "I'm too strong to join the fun" nonsense.

But as I get it, Saitama thinks he worked for his powers (I don't know if the true origin of his power was explained yet), so he would be confident to achieve anything he wants with hard work.

I think we need to go further, Daffy duck after drinking that water from space jam could fuck up saitama

I'm gonna bump this topic just for you

Attached: 1521578986218.gif (500x470, 1015K)

>He should get his kicks from saving people, getting girls, or, I don't know become movie star or construction worker. Whole world is his bitch, after all.

If you want a quick answer without reading the manga. Those things are boring to him.

Saitama is, at his core, a lame and uninteresting person with no drive. He went through his youth as that quiet kind of autistic kid with no hobbies or friends, and so t went until the Crab incident. That fight was the first time since he was a little kid watching anime that he actually felt excited and he autistically threw himself into training for more of it. Thenhe became ungodly OP and that was gone too so he went back to being the same loser as before, only with hax strength.

Further down, in the story, someone asks him why doesn't he take dance classes, or go on a trip if he's so bored of being a hero, and Saitama says that it sounds boring or too much of a pain.

He has shown some frustration over not being famous for his heroics, but that's just something he thinks goes along with being a hero. Given his personality, he'd be terribly annoyed if he ACTUALLY became popular, because people in general annoy him.

Thanos distorts reality, reverts Satama back to a baby,also restoring his hair. Then he opens a dimensional portal to the narutoverse and hands baby Satama to sasuke, his worst archenemesis.

Sasuke says, "Thank you mister Thanos ,I promise we won't cause any more trouble *cries*" Thanos then says "you're correct, you won't" before throwing the dragonballverse inside the narutoverse "RIP nice to meet you but now Goku is going to tear you a new one" then Thanos closes the portal, the end

Your favourite hero/villain just pissed off Saitama. How fucked are they?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One-Punch Man - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.31_[2018.02.26_07.31.02].png (1280x720, 1.09M)

Why do people even bother having this conversation? Saitama is invincible. That's the joke.

The point of OPM is basically /fit/. Just because you get swole doesn't mean you'll be less of an autist automatically. It's also about how the world around him reacts to saitama and his notions of being a hero.

Superman is stronger by default

I cried errytiem

>It's not like all his life was about fighting and looking for stronger enemies
nigga, did you even watch the first episode?

He's so depressed and uncaring about life that he literally can't summon the self-preservation instinct to run from a giant monster. He's described as lifeless, a shell of a human being.

The only thing that he's ever been shown reacting positively to is his experience as an underdog fighting crablante. Fighting at a disadvantage is literally the only thing that has brought Saitama joy and it is the one thing that will never ever happen to him again. If he were the kind of person to find joy in women or fame or money he wouldn't have been so lifeless to begin with.

He's not a loser, he's in a perpetual state of ennui.

In the OPM universe people have strict limits on their capacities. People like Tatsumaki and the other high-rank heroes have incredibly high natural potential, high limits, and achieved their power through talent or training or modification. Think of it like their training increases their power on a logarithmic curve, as they approach their limit the gains from their training or improvements decrease to nothing.

Saitama was an ordinary, maybe even a weak person with an incredibly low limit on his physical strength to the point where the moderate strength training regimen he went on was too much for his body to handle, but he kept fucking going and wound up busting through his natural limit. From that point on all of his training improved his power linearly without end.

bugs bunny could literally rape saitama

Attached: bugs_in_duck_amuck.jpg (1072x809, 123K)

Which is which though?

Tell me, what do you think saitama has done that puts him anywhere near thanos?

Attached: 1521690690880.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

Now we're talking. Thankss, you made me understand it a bit more. Thought I'd say it wasn't strongly implied at the time animu covers

What is Thanos' most impressive feat? I don't know anything about him.

Saitama can withstand the power of a star and jump from the moon to earth.

>Venom
Best case scenario Venom and Saitama bond
Worst case scenario Venom fucking dies.

This. It's not even that "he's so bored cause of no challenge or that he always wins". King kicks his ass all the time in video games and we do see him get frustrated and get shit on.

You'd think with this logic that he'd be excited that he found someone who is strong and that could provide a challenge but no he just gets frustrated and does cheap moves.

He just doesn't care.

That's why people should learn the point of OPM is not to watch an overpowered super hero but to watch a bored hero who doesn't care anymore.

can I be honest for one minute
why does the guy on top look like a power rangers villain? is the CG not done?

Saitama simply does not exist in any story but his own.

And he beats everyone, so far.

Has the original comic made any progress past that or is that premise going to be the eternal status quo of OPM?

It's a gag comic, user.

>somewhat interesting and entertaining premise, some memorable characters
>maximum quality adaptation
>goes fucking nowhere because the original is a comedy and the adaptation is by an autist who just likes drawing the ebin action scenes
feelsbad

>I just watched the only season of animey
>goes fucking nowhere because the original is a comedy
Honestly, the worst part about OPM is people getting spoiled by Murata and becoming unable to appreciate what makes the original comic so good. I mean, you have a lot of people nowadays who think that OPM became famous thanks to Murata drawing his version, when it was the other fucking way around: it got popular enough that Murata's version became a thing.

Whoever says this has never really paid attention to the things happening.

Attached: 1520694555802.png (233x542, 121K)

>le WAN PANCH MAN xD can beat ANYTHING in one hit
This is exactly what OPM is though. A comedy that pokes fun at battle shonen tropes by making the main character untouchable.

There is no growth left waiting for Saitama. If you're reading the story expecting that, then you're probably gonna be better off dropping it right now.

While one can inteerpret the plot as a mockery of powerlevel shit and powercreep in general, the one thing about OPM that ONE has confirmed is that it's a story about "a shonen MC after the end". You know, like how in most shonen series you've got the MC being nigh omnipotent by the time they beat the final boss (Naruto with all his fox and chosen one buffs, Goku Blanco, pretty much any Final Fantasy MC if you wanna go vidya, etc). Saitama is a static character because by the beginning of the story he already went through all his development.

Saitama is a post-game character with maxed stats who no longer finds any entertainment in going out. He's the living example that the journey is more important than the destination, and that measuring characters for their powerlevel rather than their narrative is lame.

In short: Saitama is a finished character, and OPM is is about what happens when the story just keeps going after finishing.

It's better than Hellsing in that regard. At least Saitama is likeable in his invincibility.

Fine, you fucking faggot, it's a gag-based deconstruction comic.

This is true, but it's also not all that it does.
Pic related pokes fun at Space Military dramas by replacing the calculating commander protagonist by some 20 year old chap that's so clueless about the military that instead of getting a proper evaluation manages to by accident seduce the AI responsible for evaluating cadets, resulting in a total system meltdown. That doesn't mean it doesn't also have remarkable character depth and a moment or two that puts shows actually comitted 100% to the concept of Space Military drama to shame.

Attached: Irresponsible Captain Tylor.jpg (720x480, 55K)

To finish as I forgot to write the second paragraph after selecting the image because I'm a disphit:

Point I'm trying to get to, is that both of these series explore the genre they're making fun of. The poking fun at the tropes bit is where it starts, but neither Tylor nor OPM is only about making fun of it. Both of them aim to portray the genres at their best, just as they make fun of them at their worst.

Your entire post is powerlevels, though. I don't want to watch Saitama to go from power level infinity to infinity +1, I want to watch him come to terms with his overwhelming dissatisfaction with life and fighting in particular with a grand finale of him actually going out, picking up and enjoying some mundane hobbies.

>"dude we are making fun of shonen lol main character so OP lmao"

the absolute state of current anime

I don't like it either, it gets stale so fast and is not even a very funny concept to begin with.

shouldnt this shit be in /a

No clearly Saitami turns wenom into stew or ramen.

>original comic
Do you mean the webcomic or the redraw?

webcomic

My post was about both his powerlevel and his personality man, though I guess saying "growth" may be misleading because most people just associate it with strength rather than growth as a character. Saitama has nowhere to go from where he is, he was already told to pick up a new hobby in the story and he said fuck that, because he's got no interest in new hobbies.

His strength is static (maxed) and so is his personality. What are you honestly expecting to make things change, power of friendship getting him out of his stasis?

>webcomic
Probably won't updated since ONE has a competent artist working with him now, so you just have to wait for them to get past all the web stuff

Nobody really likes being in Sup Forums

>I want Saitama to have an arc
You've completely fucking missed the point of One Punch Man.

Saitama already finished his arc.

He isn't invincible, he just doesn't know he is already dead.

Attached: Fist-Of-The-North-Star-Legend-Of-Kenshiro-1312621424.jpg (375x496, 66K)

and at the end of one arc another begins, such as the getting friends arc that started with him befriending Genos

Still wrong. If you someday grow up you will notice how it is serious after all.

He still gets his hopes up about finding something that can stand up to him, so he's not completely resigned to just never feeling satisfied. There's plenty you could do to shove him into some situations that might affect his outlook, and yes, making friends with a bunch of non-invincibles who are frequently in danger is a great excuse for that considering he was full hermit mode when the story began.
>dude it's supposed to be retarded
Yeah, and I'm allowed to wish it wasn't.

Those aren't arcs for him.

Those are arcs for others.

You're retarded

>I'm allowed to wish it wasn't
You're allowed to be an idiot that wants a deconstruction to not be a deconstruction, but it doesn't make you any less of an idiot.

If you want a story by ONE that has a traditional protagonist who hasn't yet reached the end of his arc(s) read Mob. It's better than OPM anyway.

>Those aren't arcs for him.
but they will be, just watch as he become more serious about being a hero

anime is for the mentally deranged. seek help asap.

He would liquify Chuck Norris with only the backdrafts from his punches.

enjoy your ban

>He still gets his hopes up about finding something that can stand up to him, so he's not completely resigned to just never feeling satisfied

He's not actively looking for that though, so by this point it's just something at the back of his head. The moment he reached B-class he stopped bothering with usual heroics again and went back to hiling up in his apartment. He learned about martial arts by accident and only went to check it out because he had nothing better to do, after which he quickly stopped giving a fuck again.

>and yes, making friends with a bunch of non-invincibles who are frequently in danger is a great excuse

Save for the fact that he doen't consider them friends, not even King even with all the vidya play. They're acquaintances to him, Saitama's just not a person who gets close to others, neither before nor after his training.

>dude it's supposed to be retarded

Why is that retarded? It's the premise, if you don't like that then why have you been reading it?

The whole Chuck Norris thing qualifes him as a joke character, which could make him able to go toe-to-toe with Saitama.

>mfw ONE actually went and started a fucking Reigen manga

It saddens me a bit that it leaves the webcomic back into lo priority, but it's fucking Reigen.

Attached: 1519581675031.jpg (1024x1024, 107K)

Dragon Ball already gave us an answer to the Saitama vs Goku debate, Saitama is a gag character, he wins against any serious character, no matter how fucking strong he is. Saitama is powered by fucking toon force.

Attached: dragon-ball-super.jpg (760x427, 48K)

None of what I said went against it being a deconstruction. What's the point of a story centered around a stagnant "post-shonen" main character surrounded by shonen stereotypes? DUDE I KNOW THE FORMULA LMAO, yeah okay, then what? You could convey as much in a single issue. You are completely retarded if you think OPM can't work without banning unironic character progression.

>just watch as he become more serious about being a hero
If that's what you're waiting for you'll be waiting forever.

You really just don't get it.

Attached: retard.png (211x244, 83K)

So could Mr Myxlplyx take him?

Could one punch man defeat Galactus

Attached: who_will_stop_galactus__by_shangraf_srh-d4i37rv.jpg (877x912, 122K)

>none of what I said went against it being a deconstruction
>what's the point of
>OPM can work without
Please tell me you're just pretending to be retarded.

Apples and oranges my guy.

He wiped out half the universe with a snap of his fingers. Saitama dies like a bitch

Really question is what would happen if pic related happened with Saitama.

Attached: download.jpg (259x195, 19K)

>thanos wipes out half the universe trying to kill Saitama
pic related happens.

Attached: b01[1].png (3840x2160, 364K)

Attached: saitamaispowerman.png (1593x5000, 713K)

>if you don't like it stop reading it
Damn dude, what's next? Fuck the haters?
You're describing something utterly static, boring, pointless, and you're describing it like it's the way it ought to be and as if it's made valuable by these non-values. Do you just love Saitama's epic nihilism? You should check out Rick & Morty.

>You're describing something utterly static, boring, pointless, and you're describing it like it's the way it ought to be and as if it's made valuable by these non-values.

Saitama doesn't need to question his entire life and go through some crazy character arc for the story itself to be interesting. You judge things by what they intend to be and how successfully they pull that off, not by what you expect it to be.

So is Murata pretty much just doing OPM while ONE is focused on Mob Psycho? I like to take months off of reading so I can marathon chapters.

Attached: 1498124035244.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Depends.
Since the entire point of Saitama, is that he's looking for a challenging fight, and he's never going to get it, anyone, including Galactus giving him trouble would be like if say Batman got his parents back, or the Elric Brothers managed to revive their mother and live happily ever after with no drawbacks.
It just wouldn't work.

So if you look at it narratively, there's no way Saitama should lose to anyone.
If you look at it from a straight up powerleveling shitfest sort of way, it's more debatable, because technically he's just stronger than anyone and everyone in his setting, and the strongest dude so far was maybe planet buster level. Galactus busts planet for breakfast. Literally. So it's up in the air.

This would be a fun concept though.
Can't you just cover him in wrapping paper and thus cover up all his holes though?

>Saitama thinks he can stand up to Thanos and gets squashed like the bug he is
pic related happens.

Attached: 9444.png (480x341, 40K)

Attached: 005_1498113069.png (800x1150, 206K)

>if you don't like it stop reading it

I'm just wondering how you got into the story when you seem to dislike even its premise. I find it hard to believe that you went past three or four chapters like this.

>Do you just love Saitama's epic nihilism?

No, I like how he's a simple guy in a world full of shonenshit, even if he's terribly boring as a person. It's somwhat refreshing to see him interact with your typical tryhard action series characters.

Attached: 006_1498113069.png (800x1150, 160K)

>while ONE is focused on Mob Psycho?
Mob Psycho's got finished recently.

Also Murata isn't so much doing OPM while ONE is busy. Rather he's catching up to where ONE is in his own version (ONE's OPM is not the same as ONE's Mob Psycho visually. I believe he had people draw that for him from the start, but I could be wrong.)

Attached: 007_1498113069.png (800x1150, 204K)

>Normies saw "cape" and "hero" and got finessed into thinking OPM was some kind of bullshit hero's journey of discovery

>Actually angry that it's closer to a status quo resetting slice of life starring a baldie who will never actually struggle in a fight ever.

>They're in such a need for a "hero overcomes the thing" retread that they can't just enjoy the humor, interactions, and the journeys of all the other characters in the setting

Attached: Joe.png (249x212, 114K)

Poor Thanos, never even saw that punch coming.

King is really the best fucking character in that whole manga. Can't wait until season 2.

Attached: 008_1498113069.png (800x1150, 216K)

King you fucking nerd.

Poor Saitama and his deluded weeb fans, thinking he could ever match the mighty Thanos. He never saw anything coming.

Attached: 009_1498113069.png (800x1150, 232K)

But the story isn't interesting. Sideplots center around sidecharacters who are all dumb caricatures. OPM is about an embodiment of "shonens are dumb" character surrounded by actual dumb shonen characters and actual dumb shonen plots that are too dumb for anyone actually interested in a deconstruction to feel engaged by. So what's the point of OPM? You could sum up all there is to it in a single page, maybe a single panel, and not miss anything.
I don't dislike the premise, I dislike how limited the execution was and how it seems to have settled back down on all the boring and lazy cliches it was intended to lampoon.

Deathmatchfags in a nutshell