Anyone else surprised Disney hasn't done anything with this franchise yet?

Anyone else surprised Disney hasn't done anything with this franchise yet?

Attached: power pack.jpg (633x537, 53K)

Kids don't actually like it, just pedos and moefags.

I'm also surprised there's no MCU show on Disney Channel or Disney XD.

I can see it being in that one weird inbetween space.

Once Marvel gives Disney a property, that's it, they don't use it any more, for all intents and purposes it no longer exists in 616. See Big Hero 6 and how Marvel was forbidden from using them in comics.

Power Pack would make a great Disney movie, but it's a bit too tied into the base of 616 to be separated, unlike BH6, who haven't been relevant in years.

>Armchair Exec here, but given the audience of Disney Channel's other live action stuff, they'd probably be worried about it harming the brand as a whole.

Grim street level vigilantes on Netflix can be cool to all ages. Emo Teens on Freeform and Hulu can be cool to all ages. Anything on Disney Channel could only be cool to preteen girls.

Didn't they announce something recently?

Same as The Loud House then?

Marvel Studios is making a film out of it and want it to be the next Spy Kids.

nobody actually likes OG power pack only the guiharu stuff which isn't 616 canon.

>nobody actually likes OG power pack
Well, the art style is pretty ugly.

Moon Girl is getting a cartoon

Pretty much.

That depends.

Not only ugly, but it was already dated when the series came out in the 80s.

Attached: 064a.jpg (700x1030, 336K)

Looks really Star Wars-esque.

Disney are morons who can't see the potential in anything so have fun with your new Aladdin live action remake

Like I said, it depends.

Attached: 5lrz1v.jpg (519x799, 124K)

Kind of a shame that now Marvel Japan has no superheroes. Before anyone says Sunfire, he's been living in Gaijinland for years.

This comic is wrong. Very, very wrong.

It's kinda funny how, given most of Marvel's memorable heroes are based off of cultural trends, we never got Marvel Magical Girls.

OG Power Pack was drawn by a female artist (June Brigman). Think about that.

They don't do anything with it because it's both unpopular and unprofitable. You know how they've been shoving Carol and Kamala into a bunch of D-listers' series to try and boost them up? That shit ain't working but they haven't outright canned them because the artists/writers are doing it on contract so they need to have it run out first.

Kid superheroes never work no matter how many times studio execs try to force them. When you're 10 years old, you want to be Batman, not Batman's kid sidekick.

I dunno, Moon Girl sells pretty well in scholastic and it's getting the cartoon show. Plus the success of Powerpuff Girls, Danny Phantom, and the like.

I think it's less about that and more about getting kid heroes that take things seriously enough and face decent threats.

You'd be surprised at just how perverted some women can be.

Indeed. I'd bet money Wendy Pini traded underage elf art back and forth with (deceased)convicted pedo Barry Blair.

Moon Girl is pushed out of political correctness.

If that were the case she'd be quietly cancelled like the rest, not getting a cartoon from a pricey studio.

remember that incog makes the best comics with the power pack

I'm not sure Disney even knows they have this.

Might crossover into the Runaways TV show

Someone post the "sand in my cunny" edit

What the hell is Disney supposed to do with this property?

First, its four white kids. You can't do a show unless a black girl, asian girl, white girl, and hispanic boy anymore.

Second, its four kids. Nobody has 4 kids anymore. At least, not from the same father.

Third, its a nuclear family. You cant show a happily married cishetero couple with 4 biological children. What are you, a nazi? Now, if it were two alien-hispanic lesbians with a few colors-of-the-rainbow adoptees that might play today.

This concept is as horribly dated as my watching Leave It To Beaver re-runs in the 80s.

Where can you even find his stuff anymore? He had the old ones hidden from sadpanda and the new ones are all behind paywalls.

What do you think is wrong?

power pack was pretty good... it was weird but it wasn't bad by any means

it got really weird when it essentially became an x-men book with inferno and mutant massacre tie ins

Because they made Julie a dyke and that’s not marketable to kids.

This. The original was OK and the Gurihiru run is top shelf. Thor and the Warriors Four is unironically one of my favourite little books.

Attached: 1450807920138-1.jpg (990x1517, 594K)

>Can I ride you?

Okay, cut the crap.
Its PRETTY obvious however wrote this had in mind what he meant by it.

Also I just noticed Julie's got her hormones working with Thor

>Its PRETTY obvious however wrote this had in mind what he meant by it.
Indeed it is obvious.
Katie likes horses.

Attached: 1507571059502.jpg (736x1055, 146K)

>bill's face when she asks if she can ride him

every time

I love Gurihiru's stuff.

Fpbp

>cool to preteen girls.
Are you allergic to money?

A 2d animated movie done by Kyoani. That technically exists within the MCU, but has no interaction with liveaction mcu.

>Once Marvel gives Disney a property, that's it, they don't use it any more, for all intents and purposes it no longer exists in 616.

too white

too fucking white

Well I can attest to at least one of those. I wish Incog would draw more Energizer.

I hate how right you probably are. Fucking diversity push.

t. nog

It's set during the biggest heatwave the city had ever seen and Inferno.

Attached: pedonomore.jpg (850x692, 173K)

Good effort, but hypnotic suggestion isn't very effective when telling someone not to do something.

Attached: Ever try riding a bear.png (100x100, 11K)

Energizer.
Energizer.
Yes, Katie is supercute, but Julie is cute as well.

True that.

Attached: p1_4 copy.jpg (1000x1513, 332K)

Let's not forget the boys.

Attached: MTU137 - Creepy May.jpg (247x650, 35K)

That saddle got a hole, if you catch my drift.

Attached: 1488160342307.gif (300x168, 541K)

Devil Dinosaur cartoon?! wtf that's actually cool

Moon Girl cartoon.
IF we're lucky we MIGHT get SOME Devil Dinosaur.

>sells pretty well in scholastic
When scholastic is involved, you have to specify wether you're referring to copies sold or income.
If I'm not completely wrong, scholastic gives xboxhueg bulk discounts so there's a pretty dig difference between copies sold and actual earnings.

Probably copies sold.
Big sales are always impressive.

>Kids don't actually like it, just pedos

Now, that you mentioned it, can someone post the edits?

The cartoon is called "Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur" so they're probably getting equal screentime.

Theirs a rumor that the John Ridley Marvel project for ABC is a Power Pack show.

Post the edits please.
Also we all agree that the red girl was the worst member right?

No

Frankly, yes. It has a lot of potential.

But they probably had too much underage almost-nudity in the original comic.

Plus Katie was only five years old when this started and boy, that's just... too young.
Sexualizing shit aside, that's too young to be a superhero.

Maybe age them five years?

>Its PRETTY obvious however wrote this had in mind what he meant by it.

Yes - that little girls love horses.

Not everybody thinks 'sex' first when they see little girls, user. Sup Forums is not the world, thank God, thank God.

Ringmaster's hat is a mind control tool, not just normal hypnosis.

She probably used it on Bill afterwards.

DESU it's amazing to me he didn't like the idea. Bill misses being normal. He will never have children of his own, his is the lone existence of defender of his people. It's an honor, but also desperately lonely.

...For her to... what? Interact with his back?

>Maybe age them five years?
Nah. Loses some of the charm. They're supposed to be too young.

>it's amazing to me he didn't like the idea. Bill misses being normal. He will never have children of his own, his is the lone existence of defender of his people. It's an honor, but also desperately lonely.

Maybe Bill wants to guard himself against the loneliness. An emotional bond could be used against you.

No on both counts

>"Devil" openly in the title of a kids cartoon
I knew America was going to shit, but damn

That little shit's calling someone a potato face and yet they all four look like goddamn potato tard mutants.

>America was going to shit

That happened in 1492, user.

>1492
Surely you meant 1791.

Nope, that was a good move. Don't wanna get stuck using mommy's flag on top of your own forever.

No, too many children's books, X-men, Batman, etc have gone from being able to entertain children (around 5 I guess?) to only entertaining older children (13! Technically a teen!).
Marvel needs Power Pack to be able to produce fun and adventure childrens comics like Casper and Richie Rich, and Tiny Titans. Instead, they fell under the shadow of the Mouse and that might be cutting into the Mickey and friends sales.

As I understand it, They have always been a bit hesitant because they didnt have the rights to Franklin Richards and shit like that. But thats not really an issue after the Fox acquisition.

TOS dealt with adult themes, like homelessness, domestic abuse, drugs, lon

Attached: 6bnolzil.jpg (434x640, 60K)

Well, yes, but that was 30 years ago. A kid-aimed Power Pack has got to be better then say, Marvel Superhero Squad.
Look how Bruhard happied up Amethyst of Gemworld.

I wanted to Robin personally
All of the cool skills plus I'm having a lot more fun

It has been weird. No movie, tv or animation outside of a 10 second cameo in Super Hero Squad with Franklin Richards. You'd think at the very least, Disney would have used it for one of their goofy ass kid shows or a DCOM.

Must've missed that.

No, I meant 1492.

>But they probably had too much underage almost-nudity in the original comic.
It was the 80s. Stuff wasn't as PC back then.

Attached: tumblr_mtj22vhBL11r4o014o1_r1_400.png (336x413, 205K)

The 80s weren't very prudish about kids' cartoons and such. Just look how much the Chipmunks movie got by with. The valiant defenders of children were busy rescuing imaginary kids from Satanic daycare underground secret blood ritual death rape. So they didn't have time to lament over swimsuits or panties like this generation of outraged retards. But they're saving imaginary kids all the same.

Attached: tumblr_mtj22vhBL11r4o014o2_r1_500.png (402x225, 139K)

Way too cute. Beta Ray Bill is a treasure.

Attached: 006f75tw.jpg (700x753, 127K)

Attached: 006g0x7w.jpg (700x524, 103K)

Beg pardon? This was back when kids' cartoons were horribly censored, networks wouldn't let cartoons have any violence/slapstick and all of them had to have an education message. One of the very worst examples was the early 80s Popeye cartoon. How the fuck can you have Popeye without him punching people?

Like someone else said, OG Power Pack was drawn by a female artist and if you're a woman, you can draw lolis in their skivvies without the Inquisition descending on you.

>The valiant defenders of children were busy rescuing imaginary kids from Satanic daycare underground secret blood ritual death rape
Was that after they got done burning a pile of Iron Maiden cassettes?

lllewd

lal

I was mostly referring to sex. For example the Chipettes in harem girl outfits singing about getting lucky with snakes, etc. And the moral panic I was referring to was the Satanic panic of the 80s, which was bigger news than any cartoon indecency. And I thought they didn't start enforcing that edutainment quota until the late 80s? When you start seeing stuff like the GI Joe PSAs and later on Sonic Sez and such.

I thought it was Led Zeppelin they were mad at.

>And I thought they didn't start enforcing that edutainment quota until the late 80s?
Popeye was early 80s.
>I thought it was Led Zeppelin they were mad at.
I didn't know Led Zeppelin was still a thing in the Reagan years. I seem to remember Robert Plant making shitty adult contemporary albums, but that's about it.

it was really quick
Thor was making a jungle gym for them before Hercules came to challenge him

Attached: 1862728-snapshot20110613211534.jpg (640x360, 66K)

So is it possible to make a Power Pack cartoon that would appease SJWs? It would already have children doing brave things. At least half the team being girls assuming that Franklin isn't in it. Space adventures would have them taken to different planets onboard Friday, a male computer that they would boss around. Respect different cultures, punish the evil lizards, do what is right, protect your sister/brothers, share and share powers, etc.

Oh, and it can't have lolis in sexy underwear like the original comic.