Would Batman Beyond have been better if the costume wasn't stupid?

Would Batman Beyond have been better if the costume wasn't stupid?

Also general DCAU thread.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (960x720, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_eR8yaOepkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nigga the Beyond costume is schway as fuck, pull your head out your ass

It looks garbage. Like it is painted on, and not in the "superheroes are just naked their costumes are so tight" kind of way. I mean it literally looks like they kept making mistakes when they were trying to ink him and in the end they just went "well that's fucked, just put a face and an emblem on it, it'll do".

Better then anything you can come up with.

I'm not an architect either, but it doesn't mean the leaning tower of Pisa isn't a colossal fuck up.

It would definitely have helped, but honestly i'm not sure what more could have been done. I suppose I'd have made the facial area featureless

>Would Batman Beyond have been better if the costume wasn't stupid?
Bait

What kind of faggoty, shit taste, bait is this?

Despite being a "fuck-up", the Leaning Tower of Pisa is considered one of the man-made marvels of the world and has endured for centuries, viewed and enjoyed by millions of people.

So what you're saying is that even something you see is bad, can become iconic, historically significant and enjoyed by people across the globe?

Civics suck, your cars are made out of LEGOs.

Yes I get I am saying that, but also that what is more likely to happen is that the building will just be remembered as a horrible mistake and one of history's greatest blunders.

This is a bait thread
Post baits

What I hated was the the suit was nothing but spandex but somehow had jets, built in batarangs and other gadgets and amplified the user's strength, it made no fucking sense, the suit should have been bulkier, probably ironman tier

it looked worse on bruce

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Sorry, my only bait is Sup Forums related

Attached: Bait.png (986x492, 140K)

It's the fucking future, I doubt it was just spandex

it's not stupid you schwarbage man

Laws of mass don't magically change

They do in comic books.

Bullshit future science in comics say otherwise

So a sleek futuristic suit that doesn't obey the laws of physics is not ok but a bulky one is fine?
Iron Man's suit doesn't make any more sense than Terry's.

Can you imagine being this gay?

Attached: image.jpg (330x172, 98K)

Suspension of disbelief has limits. If the suit had fewer bells and whistles, it'd be more believeable

>one of the sexiest bat costumes ever created
>stupid
Get out

Attached: BatmanBeyond1.jpg (2193x2850, 570K)

Is this better now?

Attached: 1521932803671.jpg (960x720, 129K)

Literally all that was needed.

Attached: 1521932803671.jpg (960x720, 59K)

And cut corners with animation? What are we, fucking anime?

Wasn't the DCAU animated by Japs?

Most of the animation was outsourced to Korean studios. They only ever used Japanese studious a few times (like with the Return of the Joker).

This

look at a mobile phone from the 80's and one from today. Can you suspend your disbelief there?

If you love the Leaning Tower of Pissa so much why don't you live in it?

Because I got caught peeing on the tourists last time I was there.

MOTHERFUCKER THAT WAS YOU

>he likes it when the supes wear the undroos on the outside

Attached: 1481566843798.png (613x556, 29K)

Terry straight up killed niggas

Attached: Batman Beyond Kill.gif (576x432, 2.9M)

Yeah, Terry didn't get the "we don't kill" speech.

I'm just wondering who looked after Gotham between the interim from Bruce retiring to Terry taking up the mantle?

Attached: coolasice.jpg (439x442, 29K)

It's kinda funny how the government ended up building their own orbital death rays despite all the problems space based weapons caused in JLU.
youtube.com/watch?v=_eR8yaOepkg

I wonder if the writers did it on purpose just to retroactively make the future even shittier?

Nobody did. Many of the big villains retired when Batman stopped coming to stop them. For once, they got away with their heists. And since Batman no longer presented himself as a rival, most of the crooks had no real challenge, so they stopped too. Gotham did get worse, though. Lots of minor gangs popped up to pester the ordinary gothamite.

Nobody, why do you think Terry’s dad died

Wasn't that in one of the first episodes where he's going after his dad's killer? I remember Bruce getting upset with him and then him mellowing out quite a bit.

So let me get this straight, The sole reason that many of the villains do the shit they do is not for money, power, glory, or even something to eat, it's simply so they get stopped by Batman? That makes sense but makes me realize that most of Bruce's rogues are made of masochists.

Attached: 1507526165562.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

Nope. It's from the ep. "The winning edge"

No no no no! It's pride. Batman stopped them once, and they have to prove that they're better than him. So they try again and again because they' know that "this time" it'll go perfectly. And then the game becomes about beating the bat, and not getting rich or getting revenge at the plebeians. And then they find themselves enjoying the game, and then Batman is just gone and it's no longer fun. Masochism is certainly applicable in some cases, though.

>be henchman for Riddler
>abseiling down the side of the Gotham Cathedral in the middle of winter to paint a giant question mark
>poor ol' Mickey was doing the same thing at the library last week when his harness snapped and he fell four stories
>broke both of his legs, his hip, his collarbone, his wrist and shattered three vertebrae
>boss gave him four months off with pay plus extra to cover the medical bills
>mooks in this city always talking about who's the best boss to work for
>working for Two-Face, you got a 50-50 chance of dying every day you show up for work
>ain't enough thermal underwear in the world to work for Freeze
>plants mean more than you if you work for Ivy
>gotta work with a buncha junkies if you go anywhere near Bane's line of work
>and Joker? Fuhgeddaboutit
>people always givin' Riddler a hard time, saying what a narcissist he is and how he sends us all around the city doing stupid little jobs just so the Bat can track him down
>one night Joey was workin' late, stopped off to say goodnight to the boss before going home to the wife and kid
>said he was tossin and turnin' in his sleep and moanin' about how he'd never be happy until he proved he was smarter than the Bat
>at first all us guys couldn't believe it on account of the boss always being so on the ball y'know?
>but then we realized he wasn't doing this for kicks or to get rich or even just for the credit of beating the Bat
>he was doing it because it was what he had to do, what he needed to do and that he'd never get a good night's sleep without it
>go and see him in his office at the end of the day
>what time do you want me in tomorrow boss?

I think Joker himself explained it best.

Attached: englehart joker.jpg (653x342, 101K)

Only riddler and joker.

Don't forget that Bruce wasn't the only one to get old to the point where they couldn't work anymore.

Attached: Bane's_Fate_in_Batman-_Beyond.jpg (465x669, 70K)

Don't do drugs, kids.

>It's kinda funny how the government ended up building their own orbital death rays despite all the problems space based weapons caused in JLU.
You assume the government actually learns its lesson. They don't care, they just want power and money.

All those gangs and criminal syndicates didn't rise up overnight. They were there even when Bruce was still active.

Besides, Terry came along within days of Bruce retiring according to the first episode. It wasn't that much of a break.

no way given that Bruce looks nothing like the time he pulled the mask off to the time he saved Terry in front of his house. It must have been years

>within days
>Bruce aged several years within a few days

Nigga, there was a timeskip of at least two decades. Bruce didn't get wrinkly overnight in the first episode.

Crime is always an arms race with law enforcement. When you have supers and vigilantes popping up and effectively stopping them, then criminals are not going to sit back and go "Oh, I can't deal with Superman or Batman, I quit", they will probably start looking for bigger guns or bigger heists or try to fly under the radar and hope nobody notices or try different crimes.

Some stories address that. It's a chicken or the egg problem. Did the supervillian come before the superhero, or did the superhero come before the supervillian? Were superheroes a response to supervillians, or are supervillains a response to superheroes? And if supervillians ARE a response to superheroes trying to clean up crime, is it the superheroes' fault that supervillians continue to do supervilliany, and if so, should they quit or escalate even higher to fight the supervillians? Also it does not really help answer the question when you have shit like Gotham's other problems coming into play.

A lot of origin stories typically don't involve Batman but they continue doing shit specifically because Batman exists and they want to take him down or something since they're mostly crazy psychos with mental issues beyond "he's an asshole/criminal".

The tower itself is fine, the problem is with the soil

isn't there a ton of "this is how we will fix this" but they literally can't implement any of it because it would take a ton of money to do so?

Given that it's the Italian government I wouldn't be surprised.

>mfw somebody saved my greentext

Attached: 1517884236968.jpg (700x700, 65K)

Fpbp

>Would Batman Beyond have been better if Bruce wasn't written to be stupid?
Fixed.

Government only hate the things they can't control. The problem is not that the JL has orbital weapons, it was because they can't get their hands on it.