Artists being active online has been more and more important in recent years...

Artists being active online has been more and more important in recent years, especially people trying to break into the industry.

Do you think artists should follow "office rules" and keep their art/work and opinions separate between social media accounts, or is it fine to pile both into one?

Attached: 1432515632.png (602x594, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xFljpJdYRKM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Posting social media screencaps should be a bannable offense.

Your post may actually qualify as a bannable offense.

Attached: GR6.png (339x54, 4K)

Well it's not Sup Forums related.

It's just a person. Getting a studio contract doesn't seal your lips. Everyone can tweet whatever they want. He's just a dude with an opinion like your uncle or your neighbor, I don't get why people don't want entertainers to be people.

It's social media, if you make the choice to look into the people behind the work you like you need to deal with it when they express opinions.

If you just want art and nothing else get instagram or something. Besides " office rules" doesn't mean much to an industry built on not actually employing people like comics

But yours isn't, of course. Not like both are just calling out what they don't like.

>keep their art/work and opinions separate between social media accounts

artists need to do this just because it's good business. someone wants to see your work tell them to go to @yournameART

anyway you don't have to follow people so

I criticized someone on Twitter by saying it is unattractive to tweet about politics. In response, the guy was melodramatic & complained about how I was boxing him into a category & a bunch of his followings came to his support.

Telling someone you're unfollowing them is a pathetic act for attention

Hershey Bar is literally more known for FFFFFFUCK DWUUUUUUUMPFFFFFYYYYYY than for Gravity Falls at this point.

Has he done anything in the past two years, or will he still be "cooking up mischief" at his own wake?

Incorrect. Most people don't actually follow this stuff and are completely unaware of his opinions. Turns out it's easy to ignore things you don't care about.

>Hershey Bar
I suppose that's a nickname that works.

Given how postmodern critique works I don't think it matters. Even if you never espouse your politics in any way, anywhere, whatsoever, people are going to read politics into your work and make judgements about you accordingly.
If all your characters are white or straight, you're a nazi. If you have a female protagonist that's a little overweight or a little too competent, you're a feminazi. If your editors say you need to use characters X Y and Z in your book, then the fans will accuse you of trying to turn the Justice League black and pushing an agenda. And you won't even be able to respond and say it's not your fault without losing your job.
Office rules are a great idea and all professionals should practice them but ultimately they're not going to stop people with grievances. They're not going to stop these threads. They're not going to hide your beliefs, because your beliefs never actually mattered. They just serve as confirmation for what your audience wanted to think about you in the first place.
So twitter OPs should be banned.

I just unfollow them, no drama or anything.

>Wanting more ways to ban people

Is it not bad enough we have an entire show we can't even post reaction images of without getting banned?

No, it's clearly not. Not when any and every thread can be derailed with some dumbass culture wars shit because you can play six degrees of separation and tie it back to Sup Forums,

Amerimutts have ruined everything on their own, which is fucking good. I hated SJWs but now I want them and alt-rights to destroy every Americunt geek tradition and culture. Hope SJWs win.

>Do you think artists should follow "office rules" and keep their art/work and opinions separate between social media accounts, or is it fine to pile both into one?

I don't think it's an issue of politics as much as you or anyone else thinks. I think it's a matter of maturity and the handling of the situation.

Fake contrarian pretending to be non-American shocker

I mean if it were up to people on Sup Forums, the following would be bannable offenses:

>Live-action movies based on Sup Forums properties
>Screencap threads
>Waifu image dump threads
>"What did he mean by this?"
>Steven Universe threads
>Company war threads

I've had Zootopia threads deleted before because they were considered "furry topic" threads. Having your shit deleted even if it's relevant to the board feels way worse than non-relevant shit on a board.

Why does he care? I'm pretty sure his favourite celebrity is a hipster liberal just like him

Sarcasm, dude.

Twitter is just a bunch of people spouting opinions that they think everyone else wants to hear and that they otherwise wouldn't say so freely IRL while having people wank them and validate them over it.

It also has people getting butthurt because they find someone whose work they liked has differing opinions than they do in certain subjects or they find out the crushing reality that their favorite animator/artist.celeb/singer/sports player is a raging cunt.

Personally I wouldn't use twitter for anything but promoting my work and I would keep interaction with people to a minimum or job related. Say if I was an artist I would just answer stuff about commission prices,art techniques, and if I'm going to certain cons. I know drama is not all unavoidable because there are some autistic who will be set off over the smallest things but in that case I would just ignore them and if they spam me I would just block them.

Kill yourself Speedy.

I wish there were more artists who would shit on practices in the industry and things they hate about working in studios. I know it's probably career suicide in some cases, but it just feels like way too much of a circlejerk of, "Everyone working at studios is faaaaanntastic and it's a wonderful place to work at!".

I want to hear Sugar getting pissed off that CN won't air her show. I want to read more about Daron Nefcy having to fight to get Disney to approve of certain things in the script. I wanna hear Gennedy bitch about how there are too many inexperienced young artists in the industry being given shows right now.

CH Greenblat and Craig McCracken aren't afraid of posting some of their hatred now and then. I wish more people could be like them.

Attached: 1521303217754.png (540x2709, 419K)

This. How many celebrities tweet to the president & get fans fondling over their political wisdom? I criticized some creatives several times about their futility in calling out the president. One guy blocked me because I said he shouldn't be flipping out on a tweet that was rather inoncuous.

No. The damage has been done. Lets be real.

I don't know who the guy in your screencap is but I hate him already. The way he writes is so obnoxious, he's dismissive, and I hate that RPGing thing. It's also embarrassing to think that this is a grown man.

It's the creator of Infinity Train.

>t. Eurocuck Nigrish Britger

Is that cartoon going to air in CN? Good it's doomed from the start.

A network airing their own shows are miracles, really.

Attached: TTG Schedule.gif (680x685, 531K)

The manlet is at it again? What Drumpfski do this time, call that goblin Alex voiced on Svtfoe a shitty character like everyone else?

Its been like that here for years. Mods pick and choose what content is allowed based on personal whim. Started when Redwood stickybanned some Hartman show thread, then later established that "x cartoon has gone into hiatus blah blah" template modpost for closing down generals, and even though that manlet nigger left his replacements follow his arbitrary policies lockstep.

>if you have a female protagonist that's a little overweight or a little too competent, you're a feminazi
t. leftist pretending to be a centrist
What you're doing here is projection, just because liberals (don't you dare lump the extreme left into sjws to distance yourself from it, because just a couple years ago sjws were advocating for things you're supporting today) identify the stance of an author with only identity politics doesn't mean others do the same thing.

>you see a post on Sup Forums calling something a tumblr product, a post made by someone who saw progressive influences reminiscent of other works from tumblr in not just the main character
>you notice how the work contains a mtf trans fat black lesbian with hipster clothing and piercings and a loud personality
>assuming the other user came to the conclusion using identity politics like you did, you immediately accuse him of coming to quick conclusions
See the irony here?

>twitter OP's should be banned
Only because they impose a new perspective that is harmful to your current worldview causing discomfort. Of course twitter screenshots that aren't baiting people like you (news, artwork, leaks) would be more acceptable?
Here's the thing: threads like these garner leftist attention, causing a huge bias in thread sentiment to the tumblr defenders. The mods want this; incoming tumblrtards would be less wary of the board, the place becomes more 'diverse' and 'tolerant', and they don't have to trudge through opposing viewpoints that they find difficult to justify a ban just for the power trip. Take a field trip to places like Sup Forums and Sup Forums (don't linger though, please) and you'll see how this board would've been. If you decide that they're too uncivilised and full of shitposting, remember that that's the same thing reddit calls Sup Forums. You belong on reddit, you do not fit into the culture, and you'd have been shunned of the site if it were not for external influences.

This, they're supposed to be professional adults, yet they write like they're 14 year old tumblr users making a siick burnnnnn or a relatable exaggeration that gets enough votes to make it into one of those best-of screenshots you find floating around.

They should say whatever the hell they want because I'm not triggered by someone criticising the fat loser who's president

Oh look, another liberal mad about trump, how original C:

Well yeah. If you're not delusional, shitty, or dumb, you would be to an extent

Nice, you got mad.

Separate the art from the artist. Problem solved.

Is this really the state of political discussion in America. What happened? It's certainly not like this where I live. Why do people get so mad discussing politics? Why do some people get mad at people getting mad discussing politics?

Like yeah, sure, I support the notion of creators abiding by "office rule" but on the other hand, why should I care enough about the political opinions of a creator to go out and visit their social media account and then get mad that I actively went out of my way to see something I knew I wouldn't agree with.

Attached: 1516578496944.gif (278x300, 686K)

>Hirsch
>celebrity
>favorite
Wow what jackass.
It's very simple, you follow a guy like that for tweets about his work and animation info, no one follows him for politics, there are actually educated and knowledgeable people for that, he's just an ignorant jackass when he talks politics, that's clear as hell.
So that's what annoys a lot of people and they let him know and he comes back with this passive aggressive female bitch mode response.
What a fag.

Artists have hard time accepting the fact that they are not that interesting as human beings, and their opinions aren't more valuable than those of random person, just because they have a following.
People acting like they're unable to scroll through shit that doesn't interest them and ignore it are retarded.

yes and still way better than whats happened in the video game industry. its fuckinc sick, a fucking clusterfuck

>why should I care enough about the political opinions of a creator to go out and visit their social media account and then get mad
Some people initially follow creators because they wanted to find out more information for whatever project they were working on at the time and then said person devolved into politic posting over the year(s).

Wanting to follow a creator to find out updates on the Gravity Falls comic but having to see their political posting in between is kind of annoying, especially when every showrunner/creator does it.

There's not really a way to filter it on Twitter either. At least, I don't think it has a keyword filter like Sup Forums does.

Because some people's political beliefs are so fragile and stupid that any challenge feels like a direct attack, which they find threatening. Plus most of their beliefs are rooted in "triggering libs" with little actual ideology, so every actually thought out criticism freaks them out. I mean these are people who call people snowflakes and joke about safe spaces, when they're the ones that want people to stop talking about politics and criticising the team they've chosen to support.

>This nigga thinks that Sup Forums and Sup Forums are the models that Sup Forums should live up to.

I see that you are a newfag from reddit...

nice star men you got there boys.
it's just american politics don't worry about it

Yep, I drop people online with the least amount of provocation.

For the sake of your own career it's always a good idea to keep your personal and professional life seperate from each other. That being said you're allowed to engage in whatever political activism you want as long as you aren't breaking the law and not doing it during work hours.

i wish Sup Forums was about comics and not /pol threads in disguise

Attached: harleyq.gif (500x245, 1.95M)

And the wizards was ELO!
youtu.be/xFljpJdYRKM

this

fuck drumpf and fuck white people

Protip: Learn to separate the art from the artist.
If I didn't do that, I wouldn't enjoy anything.

Sugar isn't as idiotic as Hirsch, Owen, or Zuke. So, basically egotistical, shallow, or neurotic. She convey herself professionally, I don't think she isn't that far up her fame yet to think she have the right to criticize anything until she learn the faults and advantages of the situation and then she'll give her input.

I like McCracken because his criticisms isn't as radical as Hirsch or even so insane as Kricfalusi; he opines objectively and remove himself from bias. Sure, he probably gotten mad before but not to the point where he says "Fuck you, go make your own cartoon and see how hard it is" "Cartoons are a miracle" and such things of that sort. He's very pragmatic in his thinking and I hope Sugar take that course. The problem here I have with what Owen wrote is that although he is visibly offended he isn't being objective, he is speaking emotionally. All of that could've been typed in three tweets or less. He comes off as unprofessional and childish. "Miracle" is an exaggeration of sorts and anybody with good artistry and flash can solo a cartoon within the same amount of months a cartoon is in production. so six months through a year? Comical. He is saying "understand the context" but if he meant new version i.e., PPG or TTGO he have to understand there is a difference between hand drawn animation and using Flash Animation or some other easy bake software to produce animation. Sure, using Flash require the same amount of production crew members but the process itself is probably less arduous than using the hand drawn process. I'm not an expert nor claim to be but it really seem like it in my eyes.

The noodle arms he could've have defended that by simply mentioning minimalism or the flat-art movement.

Darn...

Attached: BLOWN THE FREAK OUT!!!.png (602x350, 57K)

They can do what they like, but they can also deal with the consequences of it.

Personally I keep my nastier posts to places where they're not tied to my identity as an artists.

Is there an animator in the industry that could even possibly TOUCH Rebecca Sugar? Let alone defeat her? And I'm not talking about fourteen year old Rebecca during her Invader Zim fan art days. I'm not even talking about Sugar drawing a single volume indie comic known as Pug Davis utilizing and developing her own distincitve and unique style. I'm also not talking about Sugar who has managed to over come her own weaknesses by animating the sort Singles. I'm talking about Rebecca who have been mentored and even received help from the master himself Genndy.

Attached: rs_lead_rachelsugar-0eb09ebb-0250-4f53-9cdf-b700ac8c3aa3.jpg (700x394, 52K)

Chad Butch

Discussing politics creates the same brain patterns as when people discuss religion, sports teams or any sort of factional ideaology. There is an inbuilt mechanism preventing people from thinking rationally when either is involved. I imagine it's one of the holdovers from our tribal days

Who voice White Diamond, Sucrose?

Genndy made samurai Jack s5 and thought it was good. He's clearly lost his mind in his old age.

political threads should just be a front for caveposting

Attached: 1515397927679.png (645x729, 145K)

Grog not like when tribesmen talk about who be next chief
Grog just want to look at cave paintings and buy naked cavegirl scrolls from long nose tribe

It's one thing to have a political discussion, but you really can't have that on twitter especially in the current political climate. If you try to rationalize with somebody espousing partisan beliefs, they will reprimand you.

>Having a system of currency with anything equatible to "buying"
>Not just raiding the longnose tribe and stealing their women
What a cavelet