Marvel Didn't Want Its Characters Visibly Injured in Marvel vs Capcom Footage

comicbook.com/gaming/2018/03/25/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-disney-didnt-want-characters-injured/

>According to Tyrant, working with Marvel and Disney was a “f***ing nightmare."

>Apparently, while working on the Marvel character introduction videos showing basic and intermediate combos, Marvel wanted a variety of specific things done, including no combos being done on any Marvel character.

>“They wouldn't allow us to do the combos on any Marvel character, because they didn't like the idea of a Capcom character beating up a Marvel character in a promotional video,” said Tyrant during a livestream of him playing Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. “They would only allow any combos to be performed on a Capcom character.”

So...why.

Attached: mvc1.jpg (600x337, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oHC1230OpOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Marvel is now a Disney property. They probably find the idea just as ridiculous as if they put the Little Mermaid in a COD game, violence is not family friendly

buhhh pwease no combo our characters

Mortal kombat vs dc universe showed combos against dc characters and it was terrible, so was their films. Based disney is keeping marvel based and succesful.

/thread

All marvel charaters are violent.

Even Moon Girl.

I mean, that argument is just stupid. It's like allowing Ariel in a fighting game beating people up, but complaining about the violence when she takes a punch.

Disney didn't want this, but in the end realize they can't into games themselves, so begrudgingly allowed it

Reminds me of how the WWE games couldn't show Triple H getting beat up in any promotion material

>“They wouldn't allow us to do the combos on any Marvel character, because they didn't like the idea of a Capcom character beating up a Marvel character in a promotional video,” said Tyrant during a livestream of him playing Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. “They would only allow any combos to be performed on a Capcom character.”
Jesus. Back when MvC4 couldn't happen because they wouldn't renew the license with Capcom and were trying to do their own fighter, which was shit and emulated Chun Li's SF4 super animation they were that lazy, I figured they'd hit rock bottom...and they sort of did since this is less worse actually but this is still pretty embarrassing and outdated thinking for whichever marketing idiot they let speak up.

It's a fucking fighting game, by design if it's successful it's going to happen eventually when someone at a tourney pulls off some shit that circulates the internet and has a Marvel character flopping around. It would make more sense to ask the Capcom guys to make sure the Marvel characters have the tools to do that rather than ask them to maintain the flimsy illusion for all of 3 seconds before players realize they're less vicious and troublesome than someone for example like Vergil, Zero and Morrigan were. Granted Wolverine, Phoenix and Doom were a problem but they've been cut, because of licensing vs MCU marketing shit ironically, so you see what I mean about asking for that sort of thing to be remedied over surface coat. And no I haven't touched MvCi so I don't know if the Marvel side has any high tier contenders like MvC3.

>Because Marvel is now a Disney property.
I question this, given Disney has allowed KH to go in a very curious direction. I can't recall if any of the promotional material showed them getting slapped around though.

Marvel's always been a nightmare for licensors, from what I remember.

In their old mmo Marvel Heroes, I remember them specifically mentioning it was difficult to get Silver Surfer approved because they kept having to change his energy blast animations until the people at Marvel were happy.

Im honestly reading more into that they didn't want Carol specifically in combo videos.

That game is a trainwreck, I don't want another Mahvel game as long as Modern Marvel and Modern Capcom Exists.

Attached: Everything's fine.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

This right here. You know why Quicksilver wasnt in marvel games? Not because of the mutant embargo. Before that he wasnt in it because marvel had a clause he has to always be shown running. Even if the character isn't moving. So no one made him because he wouldve been a pain in the ass to animate.

Another fun clause was Human Torch must always be on fire. That one seemed more logical.

>Before that he wasnt in it because marvel had a clause he has to always be shown running.
Who writes this shit up?
I can slightly understand things like making a character like She-Hulk to pre-emptively stop others from doing so and claiming Mutants aren't humans so the toys dodge a law or cost or whatever, but I just can't see any practical reason to make it so Pietro brings a treadmill to a fight or something.

That's so stupid, they are fucking superheroes. This is why Disney needs to either drop it's G rated branding or die. They are fucking acquiring Fox, they need to let their characters do edgier and non family friendly things.

Well OBVIOUSLY

Unlike some OTHER company people ACTUALLY LIKE Based Marvel's heroes and don't want to see them get beat up

Heroic Brutality.

This is pretty dumb, but still in no way, shape or form excuses how bad the game turned out.

Honestly it doesn't really feel like it's a ratings thing.

The more I read into it, it feels more like Disney not wanting Marvel characters to look vulnerable to weak. So the only punching bags will be Capcom characters.

>Disney needs to either drop it's G rated branding or die.

Attached: imageproxy.jpg (1024x1024, 166K)

LOL based marvel dont wanting their characters to job to capcom shit

I highly doubt this. That isn't true in the comics or cartoons or movies, no reason to make it that way in games specifically.

This was just as stupid. I mean, you were gonna crossover with fucking Mortal Kombat of all franchises and you didn't expected for Fatalities to be involved?. Only good thing that came out of that whole thing in retrospect was WB buying NetherRealm Studios

sorry can't hear you over the $20 BILLION DOLLARS they've made over the past 4 years

They should just ditch Marvel at this point and make a sequel for pic related

Attached: TvC.jpg (1065x1500, 376K)

Their should made Injustice Vs Mortal Kombat

>thinking "Company needs to do X or it'll die" is an edgy neckbeard death-threat
TUMBLR! IS THAT! WAY! SCHWEETIE! NOW GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD, YOU HAVE TWO WHOLE WEBSITES TO YOURSELVES, YOU HAVE TUMBLR AND YOU HAVE REDDIT, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE TO COME HERE AND EMBARASS YOURSELVES AND SHIT THIS PLACE UP?!

TELL ME, HOW IS THIS TOPIC OF CONVERSATION ADVANCED IF YOU CALL SOMEONE A DOODOOHEAD? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOUR POST IS, A CHILDISH INSULT THAT JUST DOESN'T BELONG IN AN ADULT DISCUSSION ABOUT THE DUMB SHIT COMPANIES DO.

If you feel threatened when the adult talk goes over your head, go back to the kiddie table and cry over the size of Wonder Woman's bust, then cheer because it got smaller in Injustice 2.

Reminder the game is still a flop. And that is a good thing.

>>“They wouldn't allow us to do the combos on any Marvel character, because they didn't like the idea of a Capcom character beating up a Marvel character in a promotional video,” said Tyrant during a livestream of him playing Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. “They would only allow any combos to be performed on a Capcom character.”

Fuckin' disney i swear to god.

Attached: 1521523532470.jpg (1876x1651, 832K)

Is this satire?

Is it like this for Kingdom Hearts too?

I don't know why you morons are surprised

you'll get the same thing when they do MKvDC2

Dissidia was supposed to be a Kingdom Hearts game, but Disney didn't want its characters beating each other up, so it got reworked into a Final Fantasy fighter

>Tyrant also revealed that they wanted specific parings, such as Hulk paired up with Ryu. Further, any asset that was made for the promotional videos, had to go over to Marvel for approval.
So some streamer who thought he was hot shit assumed he was hired to just mess around in game, but he was actually hired to follow directions, and he got salty about it. He was hired to do combos for commercials, and then bitched that they wouldn't let him do whatever he wanted.

>Marvel and Disney was a “f***ing nightmare."
B-but looks at the money.

If it's only promotional video, who cares? right? that's not the reason the game is shit
i haven't played it, but i imagine the gameplay is shit, not because of promotional videos

>SHIT THIS PLACE UP?!
idk you're doing a pretty good job so far

>I haven't played it but I can safely say it's shit
This is at the core if what's wrong with Sup Forums

This isn't Sup Forums, it's Sup Forums. Fuck off.

Your post would work better if it wasn't quoting an user that was right. MvCI is dead as a doorknob.

I have played it and it’s not bad but it’s not what vs players come for in a vs game. That compounded by the fact some of the top pics on the Marvel side were absent(Magneto, Storm, Wolverine) it wasn’t something people wanted.

This was the first thing that came to mind to me as well.

Hopefully like the HHH ego trip this only leads to fans supplying waves of pics of marvel characters getting shitfucked

Hi, shill!

It didn’t even get that. The game just didn’t get sales.

dont play video games:
which was better this or Injustice ?

Injustice by a mile

MvCI, Injustice is trash.

Injustice no question. But what you are asking is on par with “who would win this fight: a crippled kid with no arms or a fat adult?”

Disney needs to die.

Injustice. It’s not good but it does what it needs too.

Imagine getting hired to do a Coke commercial, and when they hand you a script you start bitching online that they micromanaged every word you said. "I was denied my right to free speech, if I didn't behave like their puppet they made me do it again until it was right."

Imagine getting angry over something this trivial.

>This isn't Sup Forums, it's Sup Forums. Fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=oHC1230OpOg

user that’s actually what happens. Most actors have little interest in adds for that reason.
Also this is more of what Disney did to Robin Williams and it’s a bait and switch of what they told him.

injustass. mvci bombed hard.

Injustice was great sequel of the newborn game series
MvCI was shit sequel of the great game series

Injustice in all departments
Sales, reviews and gameplay. But I’m not sure that’s saying anything for saying.

He was hired to do combos for the promos and then whined when they told him how to set up. It's open and shut to me, he guy is an entitled streamer who's just crying.

Nintendo is cool about seeing their characters getting beaten heck the Megaman reveal had Megaman wrecking most of the cast.

It’s more making fun of the absurd bullshit demands Disney and Marvel made than genuine outrage.

But hey, we can’t all be loyal Disney employees like yourself.

What part of telling him who to play as during recording is an absurd demand?

Kind of similar to Mortal Kombat vs DC, they wouldn't allow fatalities done on DC heroes.

Anyway I really wish there was a Marvel "Injustice".

It’s a fighting game though? What did Marvel/Disney expect?

Injustice, but go play Guilty Gear.

>Goober Gear
He should just play UMvC3, it's a kusoge but at least a fun kusoge

the gameplay is actually really good

this was better but people want the fucking ninja turtles instead of great gameplay with ACTUAL MARVEL CHARACTERS

That always bugged me, why do a crossover with a game that is known for it violence and death? Why hasn't DC done a game with Marvel back in the day or a Marvel vs Capcom vs DC back in the 90's? It is like niggas don't like money.

Hi pissed off CAPCOM employee!

>UMvC3
Nope, any anons reading this post, play Guilty GearAC+ or SFA2/3.

this but with fighting.

Attached: 658368.gif (450x327, 424K)

Where's are the X-Men though?

this is just fucking retarded. You're retarded.

So how's it different?

>He doesn't remember the "Smash is a dangerous brand" comment from Soccer Eyes.

That seems pretty dickish to Capcom.
>our characters are too awesome to be beaten up by your faggot wimpy characters
It’s a fighting game, they are suppose to hit and do combos on each other.

Ah, how quickly they forget.

Attached: mickeya.jpg (482x440, 111K)

I think its a fun game, but I think there's no turning back what with the reception and the shitty graphics, which sucks cause I love the MVC series.

Why is everyone blaming Disney? It's obviously Marvel that's being retarded with the licensing.

because people don't know about how insane Ike the Kike is.

it's just one user who's on a crusade against disney. he's made anti-disney posts on every board. shit gets old.

Because these issues didn’t exist with MvC 3 and before.

What money? The game was such a complete disaster it didn't even get in the most important fighting game tournament during its debut year. The game is already dead and it hasn't even passed a year, and to be an even worse case than SFxT is an accomplishment.

Pretty sure that was user point with that post autismo

many of the marvel newcomers in mvc3 had netflix specials or movies coming out aside from the few that capcom had to beg marvel to use.

They didn’t give a shit about this with Marvel vs Capcom 3. They let people have fun with it.

Disney is trying to save Marvel from Iles greedy mittins

Next time any of you tries to say Disney doesn’t have an agenda, remember this.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

>no issues with it before Disney acquires Marvel
>suddenly problems after Disney acquires Marvel
Let's stop pretending to be stupid here. Disney wasn't even thrilled with the idea of making another MVC game in the first place.

Attached: 1485253653032.jpg (264x292, 19K)

>Let's stop pretending to be stupid here.
Sorry can't, that's not what Disney pays me to do.

How does their 20 billion dollars benefit you, exactly?

What happen was what Disney always does, they are vague as fuck with what they are asking you to sign up and promote/do something without a clear understanding and when rope in they put a lot of shit on you that you would have never agreed to if they were honest.

Explain how it DOESN'T benefit him.

At lest you're honest

>cherry picking
Oof. Try again.
I wasn’t talking to you.

Quit being a fucking nerd.

He did a commercial with a script. If he didn't like it he could back out. If he was contracted in then it couldn't be vague. I don't get the issue here, it's just fake drama.

>All marvel charaters are violent.
>Even Moon Girl.

her butt being drawn big is violence against my dick

That's why we will never get another Marvel/DC crossover, based Marvel only wins, they can't be associated with losers.

Does anyone play Marvel Future Fight? Quicksilver is in that game, is he always running?

The 90s had a bunch of games licensed by Disney, them being a bunch of pussies nowadays when it comes to gaming seems to be a relatively recent thing.

Then again, I'm not sure what to think now, maybe it's a bunch of dickhead suits at Marvel being cunts as usual, but I figured that all final decisions were up to Disney when it came to licensing.

>I question this, given Disney has allowed KH to go in a very curious direction

That might have to do with the fact that as the KH series went on, it focused less and less on Disney characters and settings, and more on generic anime characters flailing Keyblades at each other.