What are some black comics or cartoons that don't fall into the trap of what Christopher Priest considers to be "most...

What are some black comics or cartoons that don't fall into the trap of what Christopher Priest considers to be "most black media"

Attached: priest on race and media.png (1072x1200, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Rw46JSbbJI
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-02/netflix-to-stream-lesean-thomas-cannon-busters-animated-series/.119640
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First, you should define what "black comics" means in the first place. Men in Black? OK KO? McDuffee's Damage control?

As far as specific examples:

Static.

Boondocks gets around this with equal if not more hostility towards plack people.

Black media as in media that features blacks or black media as in media created by blacks
Most good black cartoons of the former ie proud family, static, class of 3000, feature white people as equals though sometimes tokenish

Also, I think he’s confusing culture with media, maybe even confusing rap with all black media
Rap hardly cares about whites and it’s not as if all black music is rap

I'm Pretty sure priest means media targeted towards blacks.
>Class of 300
I really miss this show. As a kid I didn't appreciate it but as an adult I appreciate how much love it had.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Rw46JSbbJI

That's a really shitily made image hastily made to shitpost. Half the bottom line isn't even in the text box

Boondocks

It's good, therefore it can't be black

It was hastily made so I could get a nice thread to read while on the bus.

Attached: priest on race and media.png (1072x1200, 290K)

I think "family friendly" fare tries to avoid any negativity towards anyone whatsoever, which has a different set of problems. I don't remember Fat Albert being negative towards white people, or even having a recurring token white character.

Anything made by black weebs, probably because they identify with japs more than other blacks.
Also what ever happened to pic related?

Attached: Cannon_Busters_VIsual_Art-610[1].jpg (610x700, 385K)

I'm going with the interpretation of "Made by"

Attached: onibk_428.jpg (537x800, 84K)

YOUR NAME IS JIM OWSLEY AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FUCKING DADDY ISSUES AND JIM SHOOTER DIDN'T HIRE YOU TO BE MARVEL'S TOKEN NIGGER

Didn't marvel specifically hire him so they would have a token nigger? Didn't he quit Marvel and work at DC specifically because he was tired of writing about blacks?

Depending on when this was written (and if a movie ticket was 8 bucks it was a good while ago) it was more about that kind of stuff. It wasn't literally "FUCK WHITEY" but it talked a lot about abuse from police or racist customers/bosses when the rappers used to work in retail or whatever.

Deathlok but i'm not sure why something has to be "black" or "black street". i don't even know what "black street" means.

Cloak and Dagger

Bishop and Shard

the problem with hollywood is that they're shitting on everyone's pillow by trying to come up with new characters with no context or change known characters that are not black in to something they weren't in the first place rather than taking black characters that already exist and showcasing them instead.

It was only after BP where they made him a token, he used to be on other stuff.

doesn't Priest's Black Panther make a white guy the butt of all the jokes

Well of course, he is black and therefore abides by the same laws all blacks must follow when creating media.

>(and if a movie ticket was 8 bucks it was a good while ago)

Not really, if you go to a normal AMC theater it's $8 at night and $5 for matinees. Only gets pricey if you add in 3D and other nonsense.

>flyover spotted

Atlanta is more fly through than flyover

The pricing is like that in Cinemark theaters, too.

Last I checked, Chris Priest is based in NYC. They're up to 20 plus a ticket at the higher end.

>doesn't Priest's Black Panther make a white guy the butt of all the jokes

No, he's the straight man to all the insanity in the book.

fair enough

Or just making new characters?

What happened to Cannon Busters?

theaters make their money back in food
>$6 for small soda

Aya was a pretty fun comic.

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmyyearonline.files.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F04%2Faya.jpg&f=1.jpg (400x592, 90K)

Black media could be kissing white people's asses from sunup to sundown and it'd still get accused of being hostile to whites.

Come on Sup Forums. We're not trying to play dig up the most irrelevant retard possible. And I'm pretty sure you'd lose that game anyways. There are no winners.

>They're up to 20 plus a ticket at the higher end.

That's a bit too much.

It's due out on Netflix at some point in the possibly near future

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-02/netflix-to-stream-lesean-thomas-cannon-busters-animated-series/.119640

This looks better than Neo Yokio.

He didnt even want to BP at first

So a show like Black Lightning fits the criteria of made for blacks right?

To a significant part of black america, the only authentic black experince is the ghetto one.

unless it's interpreted as "us vs them"

Attached: 927537.jpg (600x914, 115K)

If you can't watch Black media because it's "hostile towards you" you're an absolute pussy

My problem with black media is that it often hides shitty productions.

Tyler Perry makes the shittiest media ever by pandering to us because it's "all black". It's shit and I don't care if everyone is brown because it's shit.

So blacks and gays were pussies for not consuming media in the past?

This
And it succeed because it's about daily life in a real African country rather than race issues.

Someone should storytime it.

You're absolutely right that Shooter didn't hire him to be a token black

But that didn't stop the majority of the staff from treating him like one

But they did consume the media you dipshit
Besides, there's a difference between punching up and kicking someone while they're down.

Can't get whiter than permanently pale vampires.

>Besides, there's a difference between punching up and kicking someone while they're down.

Not for the person getting punched.

Boondocks

Are you fucking retarded that's not the point

Attached: index.jpg (239x211, 12K)

Probably BLACK, that comic that was X-Men except only black people are able to get mutant superpowers.

I don't care what point you were trying to make. The fact is that it feels like shit to get punched, even if you're perceived (falsely) as being in a position of power. No one wants to watch media that makes them feel like shit.

Attached: freaky shit.gif (250x195, 801K)

Dude, if a midget starts kicking me in the shins I’m not just going to stand by and let him keep doing it. Getting kicked in the shins fucking hurts. I don’t give a shit if he’s had a rough life, I didn’t do shit to him. Why should I have to deal with that fuckery just because I was dealt a better hand?

>offensive humor isn't OK if it's targeted at me
>taking figures of speech 100% literally
So you guys are retarded thanks for answering my question. If you actually don't understand why making fun of white people for liking Starbucks is different from making fun of black people for liking fried chicken then you are truly fucking dumb. The context and implications and completely different

>>offensive humor isn't OK if it's targeted at me
But that's what you're saying, not us

I'm on Sup Forums I'm fucking white

>black guy calls niggers stupid
>OMMFG BASED BLACK GUY

It doesn't take much, does it Sup Forumsmblr?

Attached: 1432937830229.png (676x473, 213K)

>I'm on Sup Forums I'm fucking white

Attached: shlomo says.jpg (125x96, 2K)

So it’s either “hello fellow white people!” Or you actually are a white guilt faggot

>Implying I was even interested in making fun of minorities.

Thanks for assuming the worst of me I guess.

That's not what he said you stupid anime poster.

my problem with this narrative is that largest consumer of hiphop is white people. Black music has always had a large white consumer base going back to its inception from blues to jazz to rock to hip hop.

You can track the path of it through our history, easily.

So the narrative is more complex in media than simply white bashing.

Class of 3000 was fucking criminally underrated. That show had more heart and soul than most shows aimed for adults.

One does need media to know blacks are heavily influenced by anti-white revenge based attitudes.

Qaddafi summed it up perfectly.

BLACK PEOPLE WILL PREVAIL IN THE WORLD The latest age of slavery has been the enslavement of Blacks by White people. The memory of this age will persist in the thinking of Black people until they have vindicated themselves.

This tragic and historic event, the resulting bitter feeling, and the yearning for the vindication of a whole race, constitute a psychological motivation of Black people to vengeance and triumph that cannot be disregarded.

Black people are now in a very backward social situation, but such backwardness works to bring about their numerical superiority because their low standard of living has shielded them from methods of birth control and family planning. Also, their old social traditions place no limit on marriages, leading to their accelerated growth. The population of other races has decreased because of birth control, restrictions on marriage, and constant occupation in work, unlike the Blacks, who tend to be less obsessive about work in a climate which is continuously hot.

>I'm fucking white
You can't make this shit up.

Attached: average pol poster.png (826x561, 91K)

Really don't see how that'd be hard to believe but if you gotta just strawman away everything I say go ahead

Attached: IMG_20180326_124705223.jpg (3006x5344, 3.37M)

That's what every Priest thread devolves into

>hurr durr this black guy agrees with us nazis, better duck his dick
>Mcduffie wasn't an asshole at all, DC fires him because they're stupid. That one webcomic said so

Just another trash thread in the landfill that is Sup Forums