What does he add to this movie?

What does he add to this movie?

Spider-Man isn't even a top 3 brand in this flick

Attached: Spider-Man-Iron-Spider-Avengers-Infinity-War-Tom-Holland.jpg (1400x700, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/avengers-infinity-war-spider-man-screentime/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spider-Man is just the most famous superhero in the world.

he doesn't and will clash hilariously with the mass destruction of this film.

>Spider-Man isn't even a top 3 brand in this flick
What...does this mean?

Spider-Man always sells

He'll be there to quip.

> Has the least emotional investment in the fight against Thanos.
> Gets more screen-time than the characters who do, including the character whose life is literally on the fucking line.

Avengers' stuff is all about global-level threat response, which gets a little detached; having a city/level hero point of view for a world-shattering crisis could be an interesting spin

Also Thanos probably killed uncle Ben or something

Will they have him quip when Vision dies?

I remember in the comics he shat on Vision and Wanda at every opportunity.

>I think it might feel bigger a little bit because of Homecoming and because of what people know from it, but it’s about on par with [Civil War]
collider.com/avengers-infinity-war-spider-man-screentime/

Mother fucking money!

Seriously though; this was to be expected since Disney took ownership of Marvel.

Of course we didn't see it at first because films were already scripted, directed, casted, and all that.

But in the beginning the MCU (with the first few movies) were, of course, a cash grab. But it was a cash grab done with good skill and the actual desire to make something cool.

However they've been around for a decade now. 10 fucking years. It was inevitable. They're cashing checks, they're banking on assembly-line nostalgic/whimsy/entertainment. Spiderman, the single most well known Marvel superhero, being the center of attention isn't a story-making decision, it's a marketing decision.

Attached: 1465629182952.png (640x360, 286K)

He appears in only the second act of Civil War and dominates it to the point Cap is reduced to a background character in that part of his own movie.

His screen-time is definitely much greater than Civil War, given he appears in the first, second, and third acts. He's in the entire movie. He will definitely have more time than Cap.

> Cap (absent from most of the first act)

> Bucky (only in latter half of the film due to not
appearing till Cap's team arrives in Wakanda)

> Panther (like Bucky, absent until Cap arrives in Wakanda, so not even in the first half of the movie).

> Vision and Wanda (not involved in the battle of Wakanda in any capacity, and as such absent from most of the second and third acts)

Thanos, Thor, Tony, and Spiderman are pretty clearly the main characters of this movie.

Are you retarded?

I always thought it amusing that the most popular western Hero of all time was themed after a either spider or a bat
both considered kinda gross and ugly animals for the most part

I reckon they are frantically editing Black Panther into more scenes now.

Are you memeing? Surely someone can't be this stupid.

He's tiny stank's tiny sidekick.

I mean you're right, but if Spider-man wasn't quipping it'd be horribly out of character.

Did you see the movie early?

spider-man thread

Same thing he and Capt America did in the original Infinity Guantlet event. Just kind of try and fail but hey they're there so now the comic will sell a bit better.

That's argueable, I'd say its mostly a draw between Batman, Sups and Him, may be Sups has the edge for being one of the oldest, he and Bats would draw second spot.

More character interactions. That's what people are really going to see. They want to see how Peter and Strange or Tony and Drax or Rocket and Thor will interact because they haven't seen it yet on the big screen. Only the lowest of the mongoloid normie public cares solely about seeing shit get blowed up real good.

Because he is a cool and genuinely good guy. There is very few heroes like that these days. The fact that he responds so positive even in the face of problems is an inspiration

He will get the symbionte in this ark.

No he wont

How can the eyes on his mask glow?

He is though. Its fucking Spiderman, he’s had more hit movies then any of them.

>he add to this movie

Manletman gets his hand jobs

What does he actually do in the story?

And MCU is the number top selling brand in the world, Spider-Man has been second place
for a while. Spider-Man is basically their to sell cheap interactions having no story relevance or purpose but to be background fodder for the little kiddies like the whore he is

Buttmad Spideykeks see thing their beta male not being a top selling solo hero after Black Panther And Tony Star raped him in overall box office revenue.

>What does he add to this movie?
You mean other than SPIDERMAN?

No that's Batman, and Marvel's most famous superhero brand currently are a superhero team. Spider-Man is the most famous solo one but him and Wolverinw basically lost his number one iconic face to Cap and Ironman after the Avengers kicked his solo movies asses.

No one cares about Spider-Man in a movie where he's not even the most popular MCU lead character at first place.

I could care less about MCU spider-man. The actor is shit, his movie sucked ass excluding Keaton's performance.
I still want to see the film for Cap, Tony, and the rest of the characters that the Russos added depth to.

Spidey's popularity took a dip because Sony mishandled the property so poorly, but Marvel still bent over backwards to get him into the MCU because they know that done properly Spidey is a license to print money.

MCU Spidey is still lackluster compared to the Raimi films.

>Properly done
So he's supposed to be an ass kisser and complete fucking loser? If that's the case I'd rather have an improperly done spidey

>a complete fucking loser
Yes, the universe always shits on Pete. Read a comic someday.

Well, if it's anything like Peter's role in Civil War, which it may be considering it's the Russo's, he'll represent the everyman hero that gets dragged into a massive global conflict.

>reading a comic about a sidekick
I don't think so.

Adds to the ticket sales, and having the higher grossing movie doesn't make Cap, Iron Manlet or T'Chumpa a better brand.

Peter isn't an every man. He's got the second richest man in the world on speed dial making him fancy suits and goes to super special science school.

The Raimi films only did villains right.

>super special science school
Magnet schools aren't rare or especially hard to get into.

Supes doesn't even pull top billing in his own playground.

That's because Spidey's has shitty writers(seriously most of them weren't a class writers before they started on spidey runs) that think making a main character's life a living sadistic hell is good storytelling.

Fair point.

Spidey's a stupid ass kid appeal character, of course he's gonna be the happiest most wide eyed moral fag hero there.

It's the web-slinging gimmick that works so well with NY city. It's more interesting than just straight fighting/shooting. Bat is just symbolism.