NO RACEBAITING HORSESHIT THREAD

NO RACEBAITING HORSESHIT THREAD

Attached: Untitled.png (694x602, 501K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HmBIn9De-Yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>among the many plates Hawley has spinning in the air at the moment, arguably the most intriguing—and mysterious—is a solo movie he’s penning and possibly directing about the iconic comic book character Doctor Victor Von Doom.

>Fox has tried and failed to bring this fan-favorite to life with the hokey mid-2000s Fantastic Four series, where Doom was played by Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck), and the ill-advised gritty 2015 reboot, which saw Toby Kebbell (Kong: Skull Island) take on the role. Neither meshed with general audiences or hard core comics fans.

>But Hawley wants to attack the property from a new angle, multiple ones actually, with the idea of giving fans something they haven’t quite seen before.

>“As with Legion, my thought was that the [superhero] genre has a certain kind of movie covered, but what else can the genre do,” Hawley told Observer. “What’s interesting to me about Doom’s character is he’s the king of an Eastern European country and is there a version of this that is more of a political thriller that mixes genre?”

>The creator/showrunner pointed to a recent successful example in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) as a starting point for his own story.

>“It’s something that [Captain America] Winter Soldier did really well, which was kind of make a Cold War thriller movie out of a superhero movie. This is different than that, but it does have this idea of, and I don’t want to say too much about it, but it is a mixture of genres,” he explained. “The mandate is not to re-launch the Fantastic Four franchise as much as it is to take this fascinating and under-served character and really build a movie about him where we ask the question: Is he a hero? Is he a villain? What does he really want?”

1/2

>“We’re able to explore these questions in a serious way,” Hawley added.

>Superhero fans have been clamoring for a quality portrayal of Doctor Doom for the better part of a decade now, and Hawley’s unique storytelling talents—ambitious visuals and a symbiotic relationship between plot and character—make him the perfect mind to shepherd that version into existence.

>But one potentially major roadblock stands in his way and it’s not the Fantastic Four.

>With Disney’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox’s major entertainment assets expected to be approved by mid-2019, no one is sure what will happen with the current X-Men universe, which takes place in a separate continuity from the MCU. Disney CEO Bob Iger has mentioned that the Deadpool franchise will be allowed to continue in all of its R-rated glory, but the rest of Fox’s superhero slate is a question mark.

>As of now, Hawley knows just as much as we do.

>“That’s not clear to me yet. I haven’t had any larger Marvel-based conversations about if they have plans for the X-Men universe or if they have plans for their other Fox-controlled comic properties. I would have to imagine there’s a plan in a drawer somewhere,” he said.

>In regard to Legion, he noted: “But as long as the show is making noise and is watched by people, I won’t be worried that they’re going to cancel Legion because it doesn’t fit in with their larger brand. But, who knows, I haven’t had those conversations.”

>Fingers crossed the Mouse House let’s Hawley do his thing.

2/2

That's the racebait horseshit.

This film deserves a thread without Sup Forums

>without Sup Forums
keep telling yourself that. all live action is Sup Forums.

So this film probably isn't even happening? No way Disney lets them use who could be their Phase 4 or 5 or whatever big bad on an actually good movie.

what a gyp

Nope, I am not sure why this thread even exists. First of all, Hawley said all this a week ago on Doom. This news is a week late. Second of all, Hawley is being quite vague and even seems to be committed to Legion more.

>"Legion" creator
Wait, the guy still has a job? Who's giving money to him?

People who like good tv shows and movies?

Fuck this shit. Doom needs to be in the MCU.

Feige please save us.

Good god why would you ever want this?

Why wouldn't you want this? Do you honestly believe Fox as the chops to do anything remotely decent with anything F4-related?

Let Fox have this one last try for a stand alone film.

Once Disney owns it, it'll all be forgotten.

>Doctor Doom movie
>Tfw there will never be a Doom movie where the entire soundtrack is just good bits from old MF Doom albums

Why live

>Once Disney owns it, it'll all be forgotten.

So fucking what? It will be a good movie. Seriously, think about what all this franchise shit has done to your brain.

>This film deserves a thread without Sup Forums
you fags and your crossboard "rivalry"
get the fuck over yourself

It's not a rivalry, you are just ruining Sup Forums.

Yeah I wonder who's ruining Sup Forums, people who posts about comics and cartoons, or people who posts about capeshit

Does Disney?

lmao

Because MCU is goat and Foxmen is shit.

People who post about live action, like

*skreeongk*some is /m/*skreeongk*

They should get MF DOOM to play DOOM. Not memeing. Do it.

I'm okay with this

>people who post live action
>not just mindless disney fanboys

Fancast Doom.

Attached: doctor_doom1.png (1366x768, 1.94M)

Mads auditioned for Trank's F4 movie but he walked out because it was so shit. He was asked recently about this new movie and he said he'd be down because it would be interpreting to play a villain as the lead.

So Mads.

Attached: 1512796525633.jpg (478x504, 26K)

Holy fuck I didn't know I needed this.

Attached: 1521184172965.jpg (500x522, 52K)

>anons suggest Mads for half of everything
>it's always a good suggestion
>it never happens
Mads found a monkey paw in his early acting days

God damn he was wasted in Doctor Strange.

I still hope they bring him back as Dormammu's physical form in the sequel.

If today's Captain Marvel news is anything to go by, Marvel may be doing their best to reroute their villainous failings.

Don't forget putting him in a chopped up meddled Star Wars and not even as an alien.

People who like fun?

Mousetards and MCUfags BTFO.

Ranks FF was good. Anyone who says otherwise may as well fight me. Best case scenario both of the previous Dooms show up as mysterious villains in an MCU Phase 4 FantasticFour film.
In fact Disney should start up their legal team and talent agencies right now to bring back Miles Teller and Dragon Tattoos sister. You know our affectionate Afro-Americans would love to see Michael B. Jordan back as Human Torch.

The film was good. The actors did a good job and are young enough to go forward with Marvel. Stop acting like you value your own opinion. Any unanimous stance here could only be a coordinated campaign so lone dissenter I say more Tranks FF.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Now that Black Panther grossed more than Avengers in the USA and he already fought with the Fantastic Four in a movie, Doom's going to be made primarily an enemy of Black Panther rather than Fantastic Four.

Kang will be similar to both Doom and Black Panther and more of an enemy of the Fantastic Four.

Attached: doom panther.png (1308x674, 1.72M)

Are their ways Marvel has to hire both actors who played Doom to reprise their role. Something meta and disorienting appropriate to a big Dr Doom story?

Attached: images.jpg (182x277, 13K)

But both actors were horrendous

post simulating the personality of anal lint,

why?

>a movie that set out to be a dark bodyhorror but was re-tooled at the last possible second to have a family friendly popcorn ebin final battle was good
>NEET!Doom was good and needs to come back

He’d be my hope. If it isn’t connected to the MCU it shouldn’t matter. Also to be fair if it is successful and Fiege wants to appropriate it that should be fine since Doom is almost always in a mask.

This is bait.
>You know our affectionate Afro-Americans would love to see Michael B. Jordan back as Human Torch.

This isn’t even good bait.

Hate to be the Baron of Bad News but I seriously doubt the protagonist of this film will almost always be in mask, even if it is Doom.

Both Dooms need to come back and hardly be seen at all. A from the shadows Monster team up where the two Dooms fight.

Attached: images (1).jpg (333x151, 8K)

Unidentified mysteriously powered being walks through various locations in the MCU freeing villains and stealing magical and technological sources of power. A sky scraper blasted from its base floating in Kirby Negative Space houses Lost In Space style Richards family. For science reasons the Fantastic Four cannot enter MCU as they observe Victors trespasses. Reed can not understand how Doom two places at once throwing off two kinds of energy signatures. Dr Strange along with MCU scientists are worried on edge. Scarlet Witch attempts to use chaos magic to be in the right place at the right time to preempt another break in and gets her powers jacked.

Hated cloud Galactus receives a phone call across the multiverse ala 5th element or Cipher-Smith Steak Dinner.

A portal opens scary peering horde. Fantastic Four decide the can't wait anymore show up with an infinity stone and a big retro rocket under Wakandas Vibranium Mountain to launch it through the portal. Mandatory Hero vs Hero coinfusion fight in Wakanda. Weird power vamp fight between tech power armored Doom verses Weird Psionics powered Doom on the threshold. Older Tech Doom wins (enginuity vs sell out magic) throwing freak Doom through the hole into Galactus Swarm to his Doom. Armored Doom dissapears revealing that HIS intrusions into MCU were to Shield weapons holds and Sokovia so at the end of it all he would have a crush place to Land. Ultron after credits scene as the lesser of two evils. Baxter Building installed as a safeguard plugging the unstable rift to the "Negative Zone" introduction for unstable molecules chaos magic parallel reality q-until manella super position type stuff a their suits have a so called "quantum entanglement" parralel universe explanation. Too woke for most audiences. Critics get paid to slander. Bright response audience call it new hotness.

Introduces cross continuity appearances making way for current X-Men actors to show up kn MCU.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
SAY THANK YOU

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-18-13-26-49-1.png (794x341, 382K)

At least the one from the early 2000s WANTED to play a proper Doom, apparently, but got shafted.

stop being racist against Doom

Doom would make a good foil as ruler of his own nation.

How else could you make a larger than life Doom too big for the movie thug he is in without using the two previous Dooms? How else are you going to develop a backstory on film in a movie like this without it being too long. Using Doom from the two previous Fantastic Four films would be the only thing I can think of to efficiently intro a character that doesn't fit in his universe plays by his own rules etc. You could even have the older Doom defeat the Trank Doom and transfer Trank Doom's psionic power into older Dooms armor as a sacrifice. Sacrificing his younger self has a definite Doom style to it. Agree. I am not asking.

Attached: download (1).jpg (206x245, 11K)

This should be Doom

Attached: nikolaj-coster-waldau-sitting-three-piece-suit.jpg (1600x1093, 188K)

He could portray the Dr Doom from the Chris Evans Torch FF with the cosmic force extracting chestplate armor from Secret Wars.

Attached: Dr._Doom.jpg (244x175, 13K)

that's actually a good casting choice

I was thinking Michael Fassbender but it would be weird since he's Magneto already

Doom has to be played by an actor with Middle Eastern, North African, or South Asian ancestry (including actors of Ashekenazi Jewish ancestry) if they are ever going to have him be from a Rroma family or become a ruler in Egypt in the movies.

Only one way to find out, right?

Doom's just going to be the evil version of Black Panther in the movies. He's just going to be super strong somehow, have electricity/energy powers somehow, and be as smart as Shuri possibly due to AI technology.

Why are you posting on Sup Forums, ant?
Isn't there a mini-chan you could go to?

If Spiderman can show up in Civil War than Fantastic Four can showbup without any origin and bring Dr Doom with them. I like continuity and Miles Teller was cool in that drumming movie I don't like the idea of being introduced yo a third iteration of the Fantastic Four and the press turbulence for bringing back the old cast could be used in the PR campaign. Your Honor what's wrong with reality? I went on this web forum and it just fills up with advertisement posts no matter what I do?

Attached: images (4).jpg (164x307, 10K)

If I am an ant why don't I get to feed ant eggs in a colony? Are there chans that don't keep posters separated from eachother that actually function as a form of communication?
Thank you for replying to me.

Attached: download (2).jpg (231x218, 17K)

Kang would be an ideal Black Panther villain, if only for the WE WUZ memes.

What are the inverted images supposed to mean

Kang extracting Klaw from his moment of death as a sound file writes itself. Very meta for Andy Mocapface Serkis.

Where can I go on the internet where people discuss comics and ideas about comics?

I guess I will keep posting here. To the software or working people or whatever or who ever runs this please let me know if whatever you're extracting from me helps you in anyway.

Attached: Doom2099_24_p30_zpsqx5cforw.jpg (635x1014, 349K)

Doom is only half Romani Gypsi. The other is Germanic Latvarian.

Well we don't need another FF origin movie that's for sure. I'd rather them be rebooted and introduced as an established superhero family right off the bat. Reed and Sue are married, Franklin is 6. Get right to the part of the FF that's great (super family) and skip the stupid crap.

And besides, Romani are mixed as fuck, a ton of them just look like white people anymore.

So I don't think can be classified as fan fiction or anything other than what it is an idea covered in disgusting idealism and icky optimism.

The ending where Armored Human Dr Doom throws psionic transparent skin cyber doom through the portal into the Galactus Swarm would be appropriate for all the times Doom has been tossed into some inescapable hell only to escape and it there's some dark humor that Trank Doom escaped from one hellish alternate dimension only to get thrown into another one by an alt version of himself. That has some humor to it.

After that the surviving Dr Doom returns to earth where all HIS intrusions set up for himself a thrown in a new Latveria. That would play into Dr Doom as a master planner master manipulator and also contrast Trank Dooms intrusions that were about contacting and opening a portal to the Galactus Swarm. One Doom bbreaks into MCU reality to contact some super destructive force the other Doom breaks into places to shift aground some deeds and some paper work so he has a golden parachute. His break ins aren't even to gain hint power. He defeats Trank Doom with the tech he brought with him in his ARMOR. That makes ARMORED Dr Doom win with the thing that distinguishes hint from the Trank Doom this board hates.

At the end the confront Dr Doom but they can't do anything to him because he covered all his bases sits "smiling" at them through his mask that they can't even fault him for since all the heroes wear masks.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-27-01-47-44-1.png (480x759, 569K)

>Wolverine, Magneto and Xavier are the sole characters that FoX-men have gotten right out of almost two decades and nine movies of this shit
>all three Fantastic Four movies are an embarrasment
But yeah, let's cry about the MCU cause its popular and the mongoloids of Sup Forums think calling everything about it quippy is genuine criticism.

Attached: Dick Sees Your Penis.gif (245x273, 473K)

Hi. Can you see my posts?

dr.doom is built around a couple things. 1) he is a genius . hes not some diy faggot making a go cart in his garage he makes armies of robots and robots to make other robots and robots to act like himself dr.doom

2) he is disfigured behind the mask. its central to him as a character. something the better FF movies didnt capture. hes just some rich guy. he blames reed richards causing the accident. anything pre accident needs to lead to the accident and anything post accident you should never see his face

if the story doesnt follow these 2 basic things then its only about dr.doom in name alone

Toot toot. What is fourchan?

Where did these words come from?

Yay! Its still here.

This is the best you've got

Wow they still haven't given up on FF

It's a fucking shame. It used to be Sup Forums but since m00t left and Sup Forums was allowed to run wild it's nowhere. Sup Forums is still the best bet because it's the only comics board that moves quickly. You just have to do a lot of bumping to overcome the dozens of racebait threads if you want your thread to live and you have to hope people will ignore the Sup Forums derailers because mods sure as shit won't handle them.

Is this supposed to be the Josh Trank doom? Because otherwise I think its a great idea to give Doom his own movie to build him up, instead of awkwardly inserting him in the Fantastic Four origin story for the hundredth time, where he becomes another throw-away origin movie villain. And if this works they could put this Doom in the MCU.

... Fox. Are you retarded?

Slept on thebidea and still really like it. Duplicate Dooms. Anihilus Wave trying to get through a portal. Its a good idea. Too bad this astroturf playground has to be the only place I get to share it.

go the Vader route, We never see his face or him out of the suit, just have some nameless stunt guy in the suit and get James Earl Jones to do the voice.

>Doom is best known for never showing his face
>Everyone on /co wants actors who if cast would require that their face be shown 99% of the time

I hate /co so fucking much sometimes.

You've posted this colour theory before.

But in reality, the progression of the MCU will go like this:

>Thanos will kill half the universe at the end of Infinity War
>Ant-Man and the Wasp post-credits is Scott Lang post-Thanos destruction Earth, time-travelling back to assemble Avengers from throughout time.
>Avengers 4(EVER) is an adaption of Avengers Forever, the 90s comic event, with the two Scotts filling in for the two Hanks.

This is pretty much confirmed by Avengers 4 set photos.

>Since Thanos will have the Time Gem by now, since he has to go full Infinity Gauntlet, the time-travel will be facilitated by Kang, whose origins will be shrouded in mystery.
>Marvel will then use Kang's shared origins with the FF and his connections to X-Men lore through Anung Un Rama etc. to bring the Fox properties into the MCU.

Hell, Captain Marvel AND X-Men Dark Phoenix are both confirmed to take place in the 90s with Skrulls. The merging has practically already begun.

SCREENCAP THIS WHOLE POST.

Attached: DELETE.jpg (600x921, 93K)

Doesn't matter this is never seeing the light of day

Sup Forums is gone

>But Hawley wants to attack the property from a new angle, multiple ones actually, with the idea of giving fans something they haven’t quite seen before.
Hawley is fucking great, but what fans of Doom really haven't quite seen before in the cinema is a fucking accurate adaptation of Doom. People are so busy attacking him from new angles every time that they completely forget that.
Whatever.

But this isn't going to happen anyway with Fox getting swallowed by Disney soon.

>Wait, the guy still has a job?
Of course.
youtube.com/watch?v=HmBIn9De-Yc

>Anung Un Rama
lol
En Sabah Nur, user, wrong franchise

Doctor Doom
v
Black Panther

>when

Attached: mantzoukas.png (561x1025, 601K)

2011 or so

D'oh!

Thanks user.

Nothing he said sounds inaccurate