Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

bzzzz

Attached: [email protected] (1600x2210, 729K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C9KPU7qyrawx4P_VujEdK54T04Cr2OlNqb_vZYoDDNI/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=l2NIBTj9vpc
youtube.com/watch?v=kNyJVZR4qnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>him
they mean Alej, right?

A slow page but the composition is a little above average for this series. The change of Augustus' expression from the last panel of the previous page to the first panel of this one is good (could be better laid out maybe?) and the way the phone looms large in the middle panels is a good idea but I'm not thrilled with the execution; it's just a black blob.

Attached: compare.jpg (657x290, 86K)

wo they're actually acknowledging Alejandrow

Is something fucking happening this time bros

Attached: IMG_1160.png (1136x640, 930K)

(this comic is set in 2008)

Attached: dated.jpg (815x635, 69K)

>that look of mortal dread on Lucy's face
Ah, This is the grief I came for.

Attached: lucye.png (263x377, 156K)

Mentions of Alejandro in this comic always turn me to murderous thoughts. His very presence sours the fine romance of the BCB cast. I think the easiest, but so very unreliable method would be swatting him when he is asleep. Or maybe poisoning his food?

>the fine romance of the BCB cast

Attached: 1489165010068.jpg (720x405, 16K)

Our boy Alejandro will fix this comic

>Ten fucking years have passed
>We are still in 2008

>mfw we'll be getting another attempted rape scene
This comic is getting good

Attached: IMG_2888.jpg (591x640, 54K)

Attached: 1c.png (452x188, 107K)

desu I would prefer that Alejandro be forgotten.
I'd rather have more drama shenanigans with my boy Mike (was Right)

But Mike is now happy! (Till Sandy's return/break up)

Attached: 1470784851669.png (500x710, 700K)

This why the forces of autism began putting together a timeline for this series. Comments welcome.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C9KPU7qyrawx4P_VujEdK54T04Cr2OlNqb_vZYoDDNI/edit?usp=sharing

he'll be sad again by the end of the day. My boy Mike needs to hit rock bottom to be reborn

>attempted

Attached: suckmydickmike.jpg (410x190, 25K)

she doesnt have the spermcells to actually go through with it
I wish she did, but it wont happen

>tfw next time Sue and Mike meet it'll be one panel of Mike awkwardly apologizing and Sue apologizing back for calling him "unpleasant" and everything goes back to normal without any meaningful progress

Attached: sue23.png (596x357, 413K)

>rock bottom
What do you want him to do?

He's not the kind of person that would commit suicide

Not the same user, but demonizing and alienating all of his friends, followed by losing Sandy and realizing he has nothing left would be a start.

He was off to a good start last chapter, but gay-polo had to go and ruin it.

Attached: 12f.png (437x533, 92K)

Why do people read this masturbatory angst ridden bullshit, surprised half of these characters aren't hospitalized for ulcers and hernias yet.

To shitpost about it on Sup Forums, why else?

how is this comic anyways? I read it for a little while back when it was all pencil drawings and I couldn't tell characters apart. seemed like just a nice happy comic, when did it turn all emotional rollacoaster?

Its Shit

It gets good-ish in the middle, then it falls down, and there's no end in sight

EVERYTIEM WITH THE ANATOMY

Attached: Chickenlookingheadass.png (742x244, 231K)

I have no idea. Everyone says it’s shit and I can’t logically refute any of the arguments but I still read it for some fucking reason.

Lucy looks like she's trying to rape him here.

Attached: rape.png (371x249, 114K)

>seemed like just a nice happy comic, when did it turn all emotional rollacoaster?
The drama stuff happens pretty early in, still during the pencil stuff. By volume 2 pretty full-on Degrassi It even ended up killing off the "comic relief" pet characters since they really didn't suit the tone anymore.

Attached: yashi.png (729x516, 747K)

Attached: flounderface.png (240x466, 209K)

She looks almost normally proportioned compared to the usual artistic schlock 2014 onwards.
Is this the sign of the end times?

No, not end times. I shrunk the head when I cropped it. It's still Mr. Mackey syndrome in the actual page, unfortunately.

yeah, I think summed up well what I meant

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Alejandro Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Don't Answer The Phone Like Nigga Cover Your Ears Haha

I guess maybe the chapter could be about Alej after all. Kind of miffed because I was anticipating Daisy, especially since it would mean she gets to have screen time without it being about Paulo or Abbey. Still hard to tell at this point.

gaaaaaay

Attached: Ships Ahoy 58.png (1280x650, 274K)

Delete this

PauloxMike is the only true ship

agree

Attached: fixd ahoy.png (1256x634, 819K)

Please, no. Not like this.

>not DavidxPolo

Why is the side view of Augustus's mouth in the previous page at least indicating it's located on the middle of his face while Lucy's mouth in today's comic is literally just painted on her cheek

Attached: 1493660125476.png (1280x642, 219K)

Mike is for harem ending

Lucy is about to be a widow.

Attached: bawwwww.png (480x160, 9K)

What an insufferable little cunt

I bet they didn't even read the first half of the comic.

>mouth literally just painted on her cheek
anime trope

Do not read this comic.

>flip phone
Wtf? It’s like I’m back in 2003 again

2008*
See

In 2060, when the comic has finally reached 2009, BCB will be considered historical fiction.

>10 years have passed.... but we do not age
>Time has lost it's effect on us
>Yet the suffering continues
>The bitter-sweetness of lifes grasp chokes the past, present and future
>Hope is lost

Attached: Samurai-Jack-Season-5-painting.jpg (640x359, 29K)

>Cannot unsee

Attached: paulowhatareyoudoingyoufickingweirdo.jpg (1582x938, 1.52M)

Why would you do this, now I can't unsee it too

Attached: itsGONE.jpg (424x447, 171K)

>gotta go back, back to the angst, Roseville high.

His retarded revenge non-scheme would be the only remotely compelling part of this comic if he could be bothered to actually try shit.

The comic is ok at best. It's a hard read at first because of the really bad pencil on line paper art and it being super weeaboo. The. It picks up and is actually pretty interesting. Still very teenage angst but the characters have development and it's pretty alright for a high school drama comic. But then it starts losing it's drive as character development begins reversing itself and you realize how city everyone is.

Yet we're all still here 3 days a week.

Attached: 1518642551770.png (500x397, 405K)

>could be bothered
That's the central issue, it even goes meta and applies to artist or whatever

That's kinda hot.

Haha, oh Tumblr, you are so fucking stupid.

Wow, it's almost as if fictional characters can have personalities and opinions that don't necessarily reflect the author's.

Attached: 45a.png (800x521, 134K)

Lucy's ever-swelling tits and ass are the only decent example of a character's appearance changing based on what age they're being depicted as.

As a counter-example, guess how old Paulo and Daisy are on this page.

A: probably 7 or 8

Attached: mystery.jpg (1027x855, 353K)

Paulo is sort of kid-like if you really look hard but Daisy is literally identical.

lucy could answer the phone, say its a wrong number, and solve the problem forever

Not if he recognizes her voice

Attached: confrontation.png (800x361, 68K)

Taeshi made a tweet about a year ago saying she was looking forward to doing something in the comic "she swore she'd never do, but is going in for it anyways!" it could've been a darker plot with heavier teen-themes like drug-abuse or a teen pregnancy. Instead we get this shitty barely touched upon Lucy suicide attempt being shown.

It still pisses me off we never get any confirmation of her being in therapy/on meds or how she recovered from such a grievous injury. She has no scars or serious injuries.

Attached: whatdoesntkillyou.png (1000x678, 966K)

Oh yes, because Mrs Cream-filled Donut is completely ignorant to those struggles.

Why don't people just call the police on this guy? Come on, just force a confrontation, push him into a position in which he has no other choice but to fight them and then boom, his brains are splattered all over the place.

I'm wondering if she'll really just drop the subject of where Lucy was and what she was doing for nine months, or why she insisted on returning one month into the new school year, a strange time to do it.

If she's dredging up Alejandro of all old plots maybe she won't forget something more recent and more important? Please?

Yeah, it's weird that they just sort of skipped over the fact that she was in another school for a good while.

It doesn't even have to be that intricate, she could just make a passing comment about how her parents are currently having money trouble and private school was too expensive and that'd be a suitable reason for her return.

How does this make that person an insufferable cunt? Tumblr is kinda over the top sometimes, but still, I've been through some traumatizing shit myself and it's not fun to see it made into a joke. I watched my mom die from a seizure and every time I see a seizure joke, I feel fucked up. It's a genuinely bad feeling, not an oversensitive Tumblr issue.

Attached: 1511329497621.jpg (319x316, 36K)

this art is so good why did she make them into bobbleheads i dont understand

there are legal defenses against that kind of thing. provocation.

It's in slightly bad taste, considering Taeshi's history. She cant write characters that all have her same sensitivities to certain issues and traumas. I mean, she can, but it wouldn't be very interesting or realistic.

Taeshi decided small heads makes it a furry comic or something

I'm under the impression there's probably more flashbacks to come, it's way too important of an event to be brushed under the rug.

Lucy's even stated to Paulo that she was never supposed to even come back, which raises even more questions about why she even did. It sure as fuck wasn't to hang out with her friends and she didn't even know Augustus was still around so he wasn't a factor either.

Attached: wasnt-supposed-to-come-back.png (747x521, 206K)

She is in complete denial about her comic being furry shit.

is right. Plus it'd cause suspension if Augustus' number suddenly changed. Ajel is obviously keeping tabs on him so it'd just cause Ajel to snoop around more compared to if Augustus just answers it.

See then I'm not sure exactly what living with Lucy will solve if he still has to answer to Alejandro. Will he still have to bring him snacks and shit, too? I guess he doesn't have to deal with his shitty parents anymore but they weren't really the main issue, I don't think.

What I'm saying is, why doesn't he just not answer the phone? Will Alej even be able to find him if he wants to?

Attached: eyes.jpg (1443x550, 585K)

How come nobody's talking about this gay shit

youtube.com/watch?v=l2NIBTj9vpc

>Giga puddi
>In this time of year
>In this time of day
>In this part of the country
>Localized entire within some shitty apartment

Because it's kind of boring

I liked that little sketch of Mike and Lucy on the to-do list though

have they moved since this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=kNyJVZR4qnk

Reminder that this costs about $2,600/month

Where do they get the disposable income for this apartment and all those electronics and figures?

>2010
They were still in Australia back then.

Let's do some math.

On their Patreon, they list $1,600 as a goal, saying that will pay for "all [their] ongoing bills and for all [their] groceries!"

Given that rent is about $2,600, and the cost of living in New York without rent is $1,172.91 per person, they pay about $4945.82 a month.

Since they need $1,600 to cover all their monthly costs, they need to make about $3345.82 per month without their Patreon.

Acceptable taste in lolis, suit.

Attached: 343293.jpg (600x600, 24K)

So where are they getting the rest of that money. Help from parents? Prostituting themselves? Pocketing "BCB kickstarter" money for personal use? I guess those BCI subscriptions must be of some help.

Why did they move to Manhattan?

They probably gave some reason, but partly because Taeshi grew up near there?

I'm guessing BCI covers about half of that (500 members at $45/year is $1,875/month), along with store sales covering the rest.

Couldn't they at least live in Jersey City or Newark or Hoboken or Yonkers or something? Why in infamously expensive Manhattan?

Manhattan's ridiculously expensive to live in
Couldn't they, I don't know, leave NEAR Manhattan? Like in the general area of Manhattan

Not mentioned, likely sitting on some kind of trust-fund. Remember, Bagboy's dad is a lawyer and he has a law degree (a useless one) and Veronica's parents may also have some kind of dosh stored. I imagine they are sitting on that.

Also not to mention they frequently take pleasure trips to Canada/France/Japan/wherever.

I asked this, and the answer is basically they wanted to live in the city. cant fault them for that.

>$
>2
>6
>0
>0
>/
>m
>o
>n
>t
>h

>and the answer is basically they wanted to live in the city.
>cant fault them for that.
IT's TWO FUCKING GRAND
A MONTH
TO LIVE IN MAN FUCKING HATTAN

Attached: 1508859603945.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

Attached: Mike (4).png (261x207, 28K)