Whose villain would he be? Wouldn't he basically be evil Grundy?

Whose villain would he be? Wouldn't he basically be evil Grundy?

Attached: jason voorhees.jpg (1013x655, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TQBG7wAVWAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not a rivalry but he'd make a good duo with scarecrow

You know he would eventually kill Scarecrow right after Scarecrow tries to fuck him over? He would be immune to the fear toxin too

Been watching alot of the movies lately, i love friday the 13th but i wish they could expand or build jason as a character a bit more

They tried that a little bit but all attempts were lame. They have a solid base but should make him more of a tortured sadist that wants to kill chads and roasties

He lived in the woods alone, doing nothing for 15 years until he watched his mother get killed. There isn't a lot that could be done. I don't want Jason ruined like Michael Myers was.

If you think Jason only goes after chads and roasties then you should watch more movies.

>He lived in the woods alone, doing nothing for 15 years until he watched his mother get killed. There isn't a lot that could be done. I don't want Jason ruined like Michael Myers was.
Their is alot you can do, not by changing his origin. Also for some movies its shown his mother knew he survived but act like he didnt when she killed the consolers in the first movie

Grundy can take hits from Superman. Jason would be reduced to chunky salsa by that kind of force. He's just a slightly superhuman, unusually tough zombie.

>He lived in the woods alone, doing nothing for 15 years until he watched his mother get killed
That's a good place to start, but you could have a comic series that shows him as a child sneaking into town or people's houses to get what he needs, show how he became so stealthy despite his size, show him learn how to move from one place to another without seeming to move at all (watch Jason Takes Manhattan, he literally teleports), show him being treated like shit for his deformity, show his mother raising him to hate everything that's not her or himself.

He'd probably be a monster of the week that someone like John Constantine would have to deal with. John would have to figure out what's keeping him alive and sever the connection or something, but in the process all the supporting cast for the arc winds up dying, feeding in to John's survivor's guilt.

>Frank Castle goes to Jersey to get a wise guy hiding out in an abandoned summer camp
>Jason beats him to it
>Frank is fighting Jason like the Russian but he just can't kill him
>Frank finally gets to his van and unloads all kinds of firepower on Jason, but Jason wont stay down
>Frank ties Jason's mangled body to a tree and gives Dr Strange a call (they hang out)
>Dr Strange does some magic shit, realizes Jason is tied to the camp's giant lake, so they preform an exorcism or something with his body in the water
>MASSIVE MAGIC EXPLOSION and AN ELDRITCH JASON CHILD SPIRIT TRANCENDS
>good guys part ways
>final panel is a close-up of Jason's bullet-riddled mask

>Evil Grundy
Grundy is already "Evil", and Jason is a bitch compared to him

I'd like to see him fight Pumpkinhead.

You can't kill Pumpkinhead unless you kill the host. It would pull Jason apart.

A good portion of horror movie monsters kind of suck when placed in comic. Except of course The Thing

"There", you illiterate fuck.

Calm down you autistic sperg

The Thing is basically Rated R Starro though

No? Starro replicates itself creating legions of mind controlling parasites. The Thing is a terrifying biomass able to take any shape it desires, and absorb organic matter to further extend it's own "body"

>villain
Naw he's just trying not to be an ass hole

youtu.be/TQBG7wAVWAA

>Jason
>A villain

I don't know. He's usually the more sympathetic character.

He's just trying to stop kids from having premarital sex

Like Godzilla?
That's just population control

Attached: giphy (5).gif (500x208, 1.97M)

Well he IS an ambassador for Japan he must know what he's doing.

The better question is Freddy.

Attached: Slashers.png (799x263, 421K)

Jason's biggest problem was that he was never meant to BE the villian. His mother was. Jason dies senselessly in the lake, mom goes nuts and does the killing.

The sequel hit, and because Jason came out of the water at the end of the first movie, they decided to run with it and make Jason a psychotic mama's boy.

Of note is that it wasnt decided at this time that Jason was a zombie, deadite, or whatever. He had actually survived his drowning, but came out even more deformed.

Then over time, each director added their own spin and take on the character's story and motivations. This resulted in the recent movies being cluster fucks and running with incredibly retarded ideas.

Ulitamately, Jason is more of a cultural icon than an actual character. People only care that Jason is big hockey mask guy with a machete that kills people. Who he is and what he wants is almost always second to the carnage and bloodshed he causes.

And because of all that, he could basically be ANYONES villain. Well, the villain of anyone who couldnt defeat him instantly like Superman or Dr.Strange.

Grundy's an idiot, Jason's an unstoppable force of nature.

>Michael-Batman
>Jason-TMNT
-Freddy-JL Dark

who always gets stopped

Jason is no longer scary. He just isn't. The hockey mask was never as terrifying an image as the white Kirk mask of Michael and all the movies and extended media have remove the terror associated with the monster appearing in the shadows at a moments notice.

>Jason was a zombie
This makes Jason too sympathetic, he's not acting on emotion or even free will. More like a stone Golem with a note that says kill shove into his mouth (talking about freddyvsJason here)
>deadite
Without Ash and Evil dead it really doesn't work
>or whatever.
Personally I like the idea that maybe Jason did drown like actually died and became an urban legend and before zombie Jason it's actually random Hicks in the mountains using the Jason myth to kill anyone that comes up so they can be alone.

He's a persistent zombie with a machete, big fucking deal. Grundy is a powerhouse without mommy issues, and can leave his stomping grounds

Attached: JLA Solmon Grundy.jpg (960x658, 81K)

>They tried that a little bit but all attempts were lame.
They need better writers
I want them to do something with the character and franchise instead of letting it rot and have all horror be shit of no value like get out or conjuring
How is a disturbed child in a zombies body not scary or sad at all? I think most people, including the writers of the movie, underestimate how much you could do with the character.
>This makes Jason too sympathetic, he's not acting on emotion or even free will. More like a stone Golem with a note that says kill shove into his mouth (talking about freddyvsJason here)
He can still be a zombie with some personality, i have a few ideas of how i would do a jason film, the short end of it is him going through different situations like jason x, but starring more on jason as well as other characters

My point was it doesnt matter, because Jason changes movie to movie, so he can have whatever story and whatever hero/victim he wants.

>Personally I like the idea that maybe Jason did drown like actually died and became an urban legend and before zombie Jason it's actually random Hicks in the mountains using the Jason myth to kill anyone that comes up so they can be alone.

Intersting, but too scooby for me. Then again Jason's a relic of the past at this point anyways, so whatever.

OP, you moron.

Attached: jei.png (247x429, 184K)

>Then again Jason's a relic of the past at this point anyways, so whatever.
As if modern movies can do better. Media has gone to shit since 2000, with only a few gems here and their, if anything we meed to go back to the cultural mindset of the 80s.

Attached: 13000FA4-10F2-4ABA-B5AD-DAE6E175BEFC.jpg (705x1624, 852K)

Jason went to space my dude
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He's in Jersey
Batman's in Jersey
Jim Corrigan Spectre's in Jersey
Kamala Khan's in Jersey
Toxic Avenger's in Jersey
Jay and Silent Bob are in Jersey

>Kamala Khan's in Jersey
Well shit, i thought she was in new york
>Toxic Avenger's in Jersey
Im honestly surprised they havent done anything with that character thats Sup Forums related since the cartoon in the early 90s. He would work great for an [as] or netflix series. Any word why that recent toxic avenger film got cancelled? Hell, that friday the 13th film that was supposed to be released last year got cancelled too, and we dont know how much they filmed of it.

They have, but they cant do anything except modernize them to shit anyway, so it's a fruitless endeavor.

>Jason vs Toxi

Now there's a fantastic 80s schlock movie that never was.

>Hell, that friday the 13th film that was supposed to be released last year got cancelled too, and we dont know how much they filmed of it.
Might be for the best last I heard they were doing a Cloverfield found footage thing.

>They have, but they cant do anything except modernize them to shit anyway, so it's a fruitless endeavor.
Why do autistic execs feel you have to modernize everything. Why cant you keep the concept the same but just make a new story with it?

Movies cost so much to make that if you can't garentee a return of profit, not even worth it.

They'll give him actual speech lines and make him talk.
Because that's how "progressive" characters evolve
>And that's a good thing!

>I heard they were doing a Cloverfield found footage thing
I'm getting sick of this shit!

Attached: 1511477060067.jpg (1400x765, 507K)

Jason is for all intents and purposes a force of nature, so it would make sense to put him up against Swamp Thing. It wouldn't be a very exciting fight, but the nature of Jason as a physical manifestation of Camp Crystal Lake's death curse could be an interesting concept to explore.

Also, now that DC bought Wildstorm, what's up with the horror comic licenses? Did DC get them or did comic rights revert to the general license owners?

There's actually quite a bit in the comics. Jason is a mentally retarded man-child who wants more than anything else to generally live life alone, away from a world that fears and hates him. At the same time though, he's somehow tied to a generally nebulous evil force that lurks around Camp Crystal Lake, which seems to violently reject any sort of human settlement on its territory aside from Jason.

There are some bits we've learned from the movies, though. He deeply loves his mother above anything else, he can't stand people insulting his looks, and while he's not particularly scared of environments outside CCL he strongly prefers the camp as his natural environment.

Also, he's terrible at recognizing faces, but he seems to have a knack for recognizing and even predicting people's behavior.

Why would he be immune? Dude has PTSD about drowning.

Freddy, possessing the body of a stoner, pumped Jason full of knockout drugs and they worked. And Scarecrow can make toxin that works on space aliens, like Superman, I bet he could make a special batch made just for Jason.

He can fucking teleport

Jason's look isn't scary. It's that he's virtually indestructible and seems to always pop out where you're least expecting him. He also shows up in situations where people aren't prepared to handle him, and even the people who are often find themselves outflanked or overpowered.

Found Footage F13 could work really well as a short film concept. Basically just make Blair Witch but with Jason, where a group of dumb kids go out and try to make a documentary about the curse on Camp Crystal Lake only to wind up getting Jason'd.

Kind of? It's more the general helplessness that came with drowning. He can swim just fine and doesn't mind lurking underwater, we saw that in a few movies.

>Jason is for all intents and purposes a force of nature
Jason is literally just a fucking supernatural zombie. At his best, he has:
-Super strength to a degree great enough to easily mangle a human body, but probably not enough to toss a car or truck like a ragdoll.
-The ability to just not die and rise back from the dead. This would of course include immunity to poisons/disease/gas, because he doesn't have a metabolism.
-Short range teleportation. Which is how he does the "Surprise!" stabs where his slow moving zombie ass is suddenly in front of someone doing a full sprint.
Most heroes would kick his zombie ass simply because they can take on this far stronger than him.

Mikey is basically just a Dollotron.

No, he's actually somehow supernaturally bound to the camp itself. It's never properly explained but a lot of material suggests that Jason is just an extremely hazardous part of a much more insidious force.

What I like about Jason is how unusually creative he is in his kills. Also a greater question would be Would you a Jaiycen

Attached: 045.jpg (1500x1500, 840K)

Except he has no problem going outside of that zone. Bound to it or not, he can go wherever he wants. The guy got shot into space after a thousand years or so, remember?

He's not literally bound to it, no. I mean that the source of his power is somehow related to the camp.

.t kissless virgin

Yeah probably

Attached: queens_of_scream_by_wardog_zero.jpg (1600x533, 146K)

Anyway, Sup Forums, post your pitch for a horror/superhero crossover. Here's mine for Halloween/Batman:

>Set shortly after Dick Grayson is made Bruce Wayne's ward and becomes Robin
>Dick is now attending an upscale private school in Gotham
>School's emotional counselor is Dr. Keri Tate, who is in reality Laurie Strode, having essentially vanished after Halloween II
>Laurie wants Dick to open up to her and work with her to get past the loss of his parents, but Dick doesn't want to compromise being Robin
>Laurie encourages her son John to make friends with Dick
>At the same time, Arkham Asylum invites Dr. Loomis (who survived the end of Halloween II) to see if he can make sense of this new "super-criminal" problem
>Loomis wants nothing to do with it due to feeling that Michael Myers helped pave the way for Gotham's freaks, but agrees to as a favor for Laurie
>For the first time in decades, Laurie Strode and Sam Loomis are in the same city, together again.
>And it's late October.
>Oh, and someone broke the Joker out of prison.

So yeah, the general idea would be that a young and inexperienced Dick Grayson not only has to survive Michael Myers coming for him and some other students, but try his hardest to save as many of his peers as he can. Meanwhile as a subplot the Joker (who was freed by Michael as a means of distracting Batman and the police) is planning some crazy Halloween-related scheme that will probably homage Halloween 3 in its own weird way, I haven't thought of it yet.

Isn't Pinhead a girl in the novels, or at least hermaphroditic?

Pretty sure yeah Pinhead was a woman

Grundy literally killed Cthulhu. Jason kills teenagers. This was a dumb thread.

Most of the dudes he kills are retarded assholes who's lives would've went to shit anyway, even the virgins.

Source on that comic?

>yfw a planned ending for Freddy vs Jason had them going to Hell and meeting Pinhead
>yfw we could have seen Freddy and Jason get killed and processed into Cenobites

Attached: 0-Pinhead-Feature-1024x719.jpg (1024x719, 76K)

>killed Cthulhu
Fucking retarded, the very idea of Cthulhu is a being beyond your understanding that cannot be stopped/killed/comprehended. Shit like this always annoys me, it's the same stupidity of power levels and Goku v Superman threads.

I wouldn't call Jason's look outright "scary", but something about it is unsettling. A big, hulking man in rags wearing a hockey mask will certainly rustle a few feathers,and I don't think Jason's mannerisms/body language would have quite the same effect without it.

That would be interesting because they'd never be able to do anything with a revenant like Jason. His desire has become necessity, but at the same time, it ceases to be desire because it's the only function he serves.

>Also, he's terrible at recognizing faces, but he seems to have a knack for recognizing and even predicting people's behavior.

How did he track down Alice then based on so little info he could memorize?

In a way, he's already a cenobyte. But an asexual, or even "anti-sexual" cenobyte. He targets the horny teenagers and kills them because they're the reason he died. There's no pleasure, where the cenobytes are about pleasure within pain. This is way more complex than they would ever have done with him.

Probably something supernatural helping him.

>Batman has to save the Joker from Mike Meyers

It's a comic universe. Guys have magic derived from all sorts of bullshit. Grundy himself is a hulking mass of magical bullshit. Cthulhu ain't shit in some universes. Hell, he got KO'd by a fuckin' boat to the head, and not even a fast one.

No he doesn't, only in shitty Freddy vs Jason.
In other parts he could freely go under water or swim without any fear.

Chthulhu is a glorified alien priest who gets wanked for god knows what reason. He’s not even in the top fifty most powerful beings in his own universe.