Dark Phoenix and New Mutants delayed

>twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/978500297944326145

Jesus, what's so wrong with this movie that it's being released a year and a half after it's initially billed date?

Dark Phoenix delayed too, but who gives a shit?

Attached: dates.jpg (575x1024, 90K)

Valentine's Day weekend has been huge for blockbusters, where as traditional November releases have become a bit of a dud

Didn't the guy playing Cannonball get busted for cocaine?

I think the latest news about the New Mutants reshoots was that they are adding a new character to it (maybe Warlock if it is all cgi)

Scheduling movie release dates these days is a fucking minefield since blockbusters release constantly year round instead of just summer and thanksgiving

Now you've got three Marvel Studios movies per year and a Star Wars movie immediately limiting your release windows, and nobody can predict what's going to be a success and what's going to be a flop anymore so trying to pick good release months is a fucking nightmare

At what point does the notion of this being Disney actually having some pull here and trying to push these two movies under a rug become plausible?

Regardless of that possibility, I don't think it's too silly to assume that Disney probably doesn't want more mainline x movies and a new spinoff to come out anymore when they'll acquire Fox later this year and will clearly want to
a. not have brand confusion
b. give the x franchise more breathing room before mcu reboot
c. get straight into putting their stamp on the x-men

do delays really mean the movie is bound to
fail?

it's disney, it can't fail

It's not a good sign.

Remember when they released that GI Joe movie trailer then it got delayed a year and everyone forgot it came out?

>before mcu reboot
Nigga, you're retarded if you think the MCU will reboot.

Attached: xqvq0mjrv8j01.jpg (1021x1461, 145K)

Different user, I doubt Marvel Studios will declare a continuity reset, but I do think that older franchises and characters will be gradually phased out and new ones will take their place.

Guys, he means MCU reboot as in the X-men will be rebooted into the MCU.

>moving the "let's spite Captain Marvel" movie closer to Captain Marvel
That's getting buried as soon as the buyout's done.

Attached: 1491588364410.jpg (588x521, 78K)

Lurn2reed

>thinking a FoX-men movie not centered around Hugh Jackman will be good
lol

>Pushed until after Based Disney takes complete control
Good now hopefully they'll be put on a shelf never to see the light of day

> feige is going to shitcan every shit fox x-men film SECOND the merger is approved

Attached: 1509942076650s.jpg (125x125, 4K)

you do know the Hunger games movies, Harry Potter movies, Thor movies, Dr. Strange, and I think even fucking Twilight movies.... all large blockbusters that made lots of money...

came out on November.

The only barren month these days is January and maybe October

I am not sure why these studios don't sit down and spread the wealth.

Let the big dog (basically disney) choose its dates and then everyone else adjusts and chooses from there.

Disney actually doesn't release a ton of movies these days... but when they do, they generally make money.

There is no excuse, for example, for Deadpool to come out between IW and Solo. That is just stupid.

>Disney doesn't release a ton of movies

We almost have a new Disney movie every 3-4 weeks this year

>feige is going to shitcan every shit fox x-men film SECOND the merger is approved
Is that including Deadpool?

Feb 18 2022 one is probably going to be a Black Panther. We Wuz Kangs month and all.

As long as he gives finally us the Rightclops we deserve, I'm all for it.

yup he can't have those kind of movies if he's going to be in the MCU

depends entirely on deadpool 2 and if the last minute reshoot rumors are true or not

This. No one wants to compete against an MCU movie. Even the month after the release of one is still dangerous. Which is hard because Disney releases three per year.

Feige said he'll probably keep Deadpool standalone and maintain the R-rating.

>watch new mutant trailer
>looks like a stupid young adult horror movie
>besides the word "mutant" which 1/2 the normies I know dont' even associate with X-Men, nothing else in the trailer ties it to the X-Men
>people wonder why it keeps getting pushed back

Dark Phoenix is fine

New Mutants is fucked

Deadpool will probably be moved to Netflix.

This

Fox was fucked the second they tried to do horror instead of what these movies SHOULD be

Yeah. How dare Fox try and do something original. They should have made Deadpool and Logan PG-13 and made them as bland as Guardiand of the Galaxy Vol 2 and Thor Ragnarok.

Fucking Hackfrauds trying to be original!!! REEEEE

If he's got a big part and is likely to be in the news or unable to attend their promo tour due to court appearances, that'd do it.

But he's probably just a bit player like all the rest who aren't Wolverine or Mystique.

It was supposed to be a low-budget (under 100 million) horror originally. Reworking it into something else post-production is... problemtown.

It's possible that Untitled Paramount Event Film 2018 has FOX spooked about that November 2 release date for Dark Penis, but it's more likely they're just pushing it back because New Mutants won't be ready, and bringing forward Bohemian Rhapsody because it will be ready on time.

Disney will never acquire FOX while Rupert Murdoch is alive

if you think they will, you have no idea how he operates

Rupert's the one selling it to Disney you fucking retard

Fox is in the process of selling to Disney.

>Fox was fucked the second they tried to do horror instead of what these movies SHOULD be
You realize the story they are adapting actually has quite a lot of horror themes in it? You realize capeshit always does all kinds of genres in a single book?
You realize not every cape movie has to be a dumb-ass Marvel blockbuster?

I'm not saying this movie will definetly be good, but I like that they're trying new things. The horror movie angle might make it easier for them to introduce stuff like demons and shit.

Rupert is the one selling it user. Remember it's the entertainment division, not all of Fox

FUCK FOX, I WANTED TO SEE NEW MUTANTS IN A FEW MONTHS NOT WAIT ALMOST TWO YEARS FOR IT

Attached: 7DACD7F9-6453-48B7-A2B1-5775BC9A06A9.jpg (480x360, 30K)

After Guardians of the Galaxy 3 I expect
Blade
Black Widow
Fast tracked Black Panther sequel
Snipes comeback seems worth hoping for after Downey.

Blade is for Netflix

They keep depriving me of Magik thickness

Attached: 22365612_1441724012531017_5763784503452998363_n.jpg (526x438, 59K)

Generic ya horror isn't original, foxholmer.

Movie and cgi wasnt even done when the teaser released
Whats up with the Disney shills these past couple of months/years?

Does anyone even want to see Dark Phoenix? We already did this shit in X3, and the current cast fucking sucks. I can't say Id be too broken up if it never saw the light of day. At least with a reboot we could get Mister Sinister