Sup Forums complains about the samey cal-arts artstyle that has taken over modern animation

>Sup Forums complains about the samey cal-arts artstyle that has taken over modern animation
>SCI actually comes out with a unique artstyle
>Sup Forums shits on it hard, even harder then the cal-art shows coming out alongside it

Explain faggots

Attached: images.jpg (244x207, 10K)

Unique =/= Good. And besides, copying the style from Night in the Woods isn't unique.

>a unique artstyle

Post two other shows that looks like SCI

>thing exists
>Sup Forums shits on it
To the surprise of no one.

Deviantart scribbles is not a unique artstyle

Night in the woods is cal arts if anything. Noodle arms and whatnot

aside from capeshit, what Sup Forums really wants is basically the equivalent to popular weebshit. Sup Forums is always pissed off by weebshit but they want the western version of it. they wish for the american version of pop team epic for instance. calarts shits are actually a bit pretentious and gimmicky, try hard to look unique and cool

Your image doesnt show how the actual show looks as the final garbage as fuck product it is.

>unique means good

Attached: ProblemSolverzImage.jpg (726x734, 95K)

I think it looks cute.

Attached: summer-camp-island.jpg (1000x563, 374K)

Using the term "Calarts" is dumb in itself anyway, as it has nothing to do with the school.

The show looks nothing like that picture. It's noodle arm adventure time looking bullshit like all the rest.

BINGO!

Attached: tumblr_mgqisfIr2F1r83ei3o1_1280.png (1280x621, 381K)

>Complain about X
>Complain about Y
>"Hey! You aren't allowed to not like either! You should like Y because it's not X!"

>different
Not really. Villainous is different. Bojack Horseman is different. This kind of looks like the lovechild between a CalArts cartoon and China, Il. The underlying structure is still more or less the same, just with a bit of flavor to it.
It's a start, I suppose.

Attached: notreally.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

If it looked as good as that storyboard or any of the creator's previous shorts it would be great.
Unfortunately the final product looks like undetailed shit.

Those both look like shit.

Did you hear jets firing as it flew over your head?

>muh feefee! meotions are never wrong! SHE WON
No, fuck off, shit eating insect

both look insidious and incredibly self-centered

Sup Forums complains about everything, even if something met a standard of something people here liked it would still be shitposted about given any opportunity, I'm glad the art is improved though can't say I like the premise but ey well see.

It doesn't look as good at that pic. It's an overly-soft, neutered show.

This. SJWs are a cancerous lot, especially when they try to shame and divide us.

Here's a poser: what cartoons are out right now that have a GOOD art style?

The style should match the content.
SCI borderline looks like a demented kids show, which is pretty much Julia Pott's MO in her previous work. There HAS to be more to this show that we are not yet aware of, because as it is, the show goes against all her previous work.

just because something doesn't have the calarts style doesn't mean it can't still be bad in its own right

How is it unique? It's just ugly.

Because the artstyle is even uglier, i dont mind the cal arts style i just dont like alot of the shows with it right now.

Visually, this looks like another AT rip-off with a different coat of paint. That paint being pastel colors instead of highly saturated MS paint colors.

Attached: 1512532332449.jpg (3832x1600, 793K)

Sup Forums was love
now
Sup Forums shits on everything
Sup Forums so hard
Sup Forums even harder
Sup Forums coming out alongside it
Sup Forums Time
Sup Forums To
Sup Forums Shit
Sup Forums On
Sup Forums Everything
Sup Forums Hard

none. if i had to choose i like that french 3d cat girl cartoon because simply they look they are human, have emotions, dont try hard to be cool. i dont really need "art style" but characters personalities and emotions

>Explain faggots
Aside from the obvious unique =/= good, this show has preschool show aesthetics which doesn't work at all with a teenage love plot.

it reminds me of art that recovering child rape victims draw to cope, or baby smurf torture art. if you added piss puddles into any scene of the cartoon, it would absolutely not feel out of place

>same faggots that tanked AT working on this
Pass

>Explain faggots
The artstyle screams "I was molested as a kid and now I'm grooming children to molest myself"

We haven't even seen any actual footage from the show yet. It might look better in motion, and that screenshot is probably from an episode by one of the less impressive board artists (most likely Seo Kim).

What I'm worrying about is if the show's Magical Elements actually have some sound logic to them instead of just being random sentient objects like the pilot suggested.

Attached: Summer Camp Island (1).jpg (3948x1272, 1.92M)

It's a sad day when when simply not having a bean mouth and noodle arms makes a show entitled to being good.

OP is a faggot.

Not going to lie, looks kinda cute

It's got the "Bean Mouths". It's going to be shit. Western animation isn't exactly dead, sure, but it sure ain't living when our modern art is trash and our colleges are training kids to make more trash, rather than training our kids to understand the basics so they can make better art.

Nigga that's some Nick.Jr-style.

Looks like the same old cal-arts poo brain bullshit to me.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)