So when the trend of lolrandumb cartoons with hyperactive charactive will die off and be replaced by animation with...

So when the trend of lolrandumb cartoons with hyperactive charactive will die off and be replaced by animation with some resemblance of quality?

Attached: meika loser.jpg (656x824, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hypable.com/the-legend-of-korra-co-creators-split/
youtu.be/eJ8BxguFvgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The trend that started back in the fucking 30s???

That was quick. Everyone go home.

The reason lolrandumb cartoons are everywhere on cable channels is because it's a dying platform. Instead of logically beginning the move to online streaming services, broadcasting corporations are adamant on sticking to cable and funding cheap-to-animate garbage that rakes in a lot of merchandise money.

Turner Broadcasting did this with nuPPG and TTG. They got envious of Viacom and their Spongebob cashcow that has themepark rides around the globe, so they attempted at making their own Spongebob with even lazier animation and writing. They're only succeeding within the short-term on TTG because it's practically the only show they air on their disaster of a channel, and they only revived PPG for the extra shot of merchandise sale because their nostalgia of the profitability of the late 90's-early 00's era blinded them.

This is not without saying some cartoon creators aren't at fault. Nick had the Legend of Korra as a serious show with a story, but Bryke fucked that up with his shitty fanfic-tier writing. I'm afraid this trend will never die on American mainstream shows, but when it comes to online streaming services and non-American TV channels, there is still plenty of hope.

Attached: tumblr_otpcxnbG2A1r206gdo1_1280.jpg (1152x1920, 407K)

I don't remember Donald Duck signing about waffles like a total autist.

>but Bryke fucked that up with his shitty fanfic-tier writing.
>His
You mean "their" writing, not "his" writing. Bryke consists of two people.

The problem is that streaming brings in a fraction of the revenue that cable does for any particular show. So something as expensive as animation cannot survive without massive price increases that nobody is willing to pay.

Soldier Donald > rest tbqh

Whoops. Oh well, it's not like they'll be creating anymore Avatar shows since they split up three years ago.

>they split up three years ago
Wait, what? Sounds like fake news to me...

Here: hypable.com/the-legend-of-korra-co-creators-split/

>But though DiMartino and Konietzko are no longer working together, the co-creators continue to support each others’ creative work. And both halves of “Bryke” confirm that they are open to renewing their partnership in the future.
Like I said, fake news. (Unless you require that they will always work on every project together and never make anything independently to not be considered "split up", which is just stupid.)

No he sung about Merry Go Round Broke Down.

Judging from how popular shows like Rick and Morty and Family Guy are with normies I say there is no hope.

Attached: 1514535350718.jpg (970x545, 97K)

Stay mad youtu.be/eJ8BxguFvgM

Attached: Cyborg_and_Beast_Boy_love_waffles.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

I get the point you're trying to make, but:
>A lot of cartoon shorts had a logic to them, even if the logic was silly. Popeye would never just start wiggling his butt while singing about making breakfast.
>The animation had some resemblance of quality, so it still met half of OP's requirements.
>You would expect storytelling or at least animation production to progress 70+ years later, not regress or stagnate.

>A lot of cartoon shorts had a logic to them
Just like the current cartoons

I don't know what shit you're spewing. Hyperactive girls make for the best waifus and is one of the best trends in current cartoons.

Attached: 954.jpg (800x1157, 334K)

>TTG-fag is SEETHING at criticism
Stay triggered, cuck.

Attached: laughichu.jpg (750x741, 34K)

>Popeye would never just start wiggling his butt while singing about making breakfast.
Yes he did it you fucking retard

Provide him with an example instead of sperging, you absolute brainlet.

I'm not the one making threads complaining about cartoons

>discussing cartoons on the cartoon is bad
>anyone who disagrees with me is the OP
The absolute autism of TTG-fags

Attached: homer.jpg (185x243, 16K)

>Just like the current cartoons
>Why did GIR make mashed potatoes?
>CAUSE HE DUMB AND FUNNY LOL

Goofy was dumb and funny, too. Mickey never randomly walked into a room with him dressed up as a turkey and when Mickey asks why, he goes, "I dunno!".

Attached: I Made Mashed Potatoes.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

>on the cartoon board*

>Hyperactive girls make for the best waifus and is one of the best trends in current cartoons.
Sure, but your pic there is unrelated. At least for "best waifus".

>gets triggered by a 3 years old episode
>calls other people autistic
I can't wait for this movie to success

Attached: Movie.jpg (810x1200, 180K)

Hi /tumblr/ users
Reminder that you are to stay in this board and not venture to any other.
Thank you.

>Why did GIR make mashed potatoes?
Because he is a defective, stupid robot. That is his character. It makes sense in universe.

>mentions a bad episode of a show as an example
>TTG-fag comes in full force defense mode because his new favorite show got made fun of
>"N-NUH UH, YOU'RE THE TRIGGERED ONE HERE!!"
Stay mad, SEETHING fag. It's no surprise to see that show reduce your IQ into a single digit.

Attached: shag.png (500x510, 255K)

>watch baby show
>get baby brain
It's sad

Attached: 1431595005686.jpg (609x480, 29K)

>bad episode
>implying
It was pretty decent

Attached: Raven waffles.gif (500x281, 73K)

>Furries
No wonder it died.

Yeah, I agree. Baby shows are decent enough distractions for the mentally deficient 'adults' like yourself.

Attached: smugman.jpg (515x515, 44K)

There were many dumb characters in the Golden era. It's one of its most famous archetypes. But they would react to things around them, they wouldn't pull out random props for the sake of random.

An example would be GIR is supposed to be watching the big bug ZIM asked him to, but instead is drawing on the machines or playing Tetris on them. Mashed potatoes is random.

Attached: Strifebeaky.jpg (381x441, 15K)

If you put your furphobia aside, you'd be impressed by the decent story and the action. It's definitely worth a watch.

Gir isn't just a "dumb" character. GIR is literally made of trash. The tallests gave it to Zim because they hate him. He is there just to fuck with Zim. That is his character and it's fine

Reboot of them as humans when?

You're trying to justify a lazy way to do a dumb character when there are hundreds of examples of ways to do it without resorting to "random".

I mean, shit, let's take the opposite character. Why does Rick spout on and on about Szechuan sauce despite being the smartest man in the universe? Because "random".

But that's not a problem with "lolsorandom" humor.
That's a problem with weak writing or bad execution of a joke.
No one has a problem with silly nonsense when it is done right. It's like looking at Meet the Spartans and saying "all parody movies are bad". Cause if ya did I'd throw my copy of Loaded Weapon or Wrongfully Accused at you.

Don't hate the genre, hate the performance.

Attached: butt.jpg (280x160, 16K)

shut up,, or disney may take the idea.

Good. We need less furries in animation. Be like Ted Turner and Swat Katz.

>believing memes.

Ted was a closet furry like you lol

Attached: Ted Turner's Secret Shame.jpg (335x5000, 1.02M)

>character is energetic and/or quirky in any way whatsoever
>"UGH, LOLRANDUM, AMIRITE?"

>character is normal and/or subdued in any way whatsoever
>"UGH, SO BORING. NO PERSONALITY."

Fuck off.

/thread

I know! It's impossible to write balanced (female) characters with actual personalities... oh wait.

Well, it's impossible for 99% of cartoon writers.

>DON'T CRITICIZE MUH ARCHETYPES!!!

Attached: (You).jpg.png (500x331, 270K)

i dropped Lok after the s1 asspull

Attached: tumblr_p50oe0cR4w1wt4w9eo1_1280.png (1280x1011, 646K)

Look no further than fim

>archetypes are a bad things
Cartoons have been made for about 100 years.
Other entertainment performances for 1000s of years.
People know a good formula or good type of character to use by now.

Hahaha... no.

Think for yourself user, don't buy into the hype.

>mental gymnastics

Attached: 1501764803452.jpg (736x864, 41K)

hey random can be done well if executed properly anyway I like Rimba Racer, can we have a Rimba Racer thread instead

Er... what? That's not even how you use that phrase.

>I like Rimba Racer, can we have a Rimba Racer thread instead

Why? The show is uninteresting. Main lead is boring and don't say the girls are attractive. They're all flat chested and the mediocre CGI doesn't help. Man, when will decent CGI for TV become good enough?

No.

It's not random, it's just incongruent with his character. That's why it's amusing. Subversion of expectations. Basic humor theory.

Yes it is.
>Nobody could possibly genuinely think the characters are good! user is just buying into the popularity of a show that was hyped 7 years ago, and still believes their spiel.

That's still not mental gymnastics. Having a wrong or even fallacious opinion isn't necessarily based on faulty logic.

Also there are far better shows in that sense, with (sadly) far less recognition.

You weren't presenting an opinion, you were trying to justify mine.

Animation, especially TV cartoons, are still mainly seen as a "kid" thing. So they're going to continue churning out LOLSORANDUMBXDDD garbage because that's what the executives believe kids want.

I wasn't trying to justify anything. In fact if you're saying that you came to that shitty opinion on your own, without any influence, you're even dumber than I initially gave you credit for.

Yeah, like all those kids back in the 2000s who were absolutely hooked on anime-style shows, which also raked in far larger profits as a result...
Oh, wait.

>anime-style shows

All 4 of them?

They're not wrong, Despicable Shit and it's spin off movie Minions proves that stpid kids like shit. And their parents are no different. People are stupid so you MUST rip them off their money by making mediocre garbage. The execs aren't the problem, it's the customers who prove the execs right. That they are HAPPY RETARDS.

For example, so many idiots say they hate Disney Star Wars, but we know that the final movie of the trilogy is going to cash out a LOT even after being a Gynocentric freak show. People like all shades of the same shit.

if you're OP then why did you post fanart from the show?