Why is this a thing?

Why is this a thing?

Attached: forces-of-destiny-logo.jpg (696x467, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G2U_H5dFKH0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Order 66 wasn't enough

I'd say because flash animation is cheap, and someone wants to puke up something to appeal to the grils without putting too much effort into it.

Action Disney Princess

Because executives at Disney looked at DC Superhero Girls and demanded someone copy this success with their own properties somehow.

do girls just not like their characters to look different? They always all have the same face and body.

/thread

but there will be 100 other posts talking about SJW and disney wars and a lot of victim complex.

well they could put Rose in there but it became painfully clear she wasn't getting that China money they were hoping for so she's gonna die off screen before the next movie

To sell dolls

The new season was okay. I was surprised there was a male-only episode.

Is DC Superhero Girls a success? I wouldn't have guessed from the way the toys clutter the store shelves.

>but there will be 100 other posts talking about SJW and disney wars and a lot of victim complex.
I wouldnt mind FOD if it was self contained, and that type of blatent pandering didnt spread to every other facete of the series, especially the movies. If they want to try and fail to sell star wars to little girls, fine. But dont fuck up the entire franchise and tell the other fans to piss off.

To sell toys to girls and copy DC's success with toons for little girls. Altough it may be a little too late for that, SW merch no longer sells as it used to.

Issue is, after the ideological Clusterfuck TLJ was. It's pretty hard to take any of this without being suspicious of Disney as a whole.

>and tell the other fans to piss off.
no one has done that, the fans decided to piss on themselfs and then started asking why they were wet.

Only fappable one on there is Ahsoka.

It’s very successful especially the graphic novels for it. DC is making DC Zoom and Ink because of it. The toys are pretty popular.

My friend told me about this, and he said how it doesn't make sense why they would make a star wars series for girls, since girls really don't like star wars. I agreed with him, but then later than night I released that they don't want to try and make star wars appealing to girls, it's a way to feminize young boys early because they'll buy anything that's star wars

>old mark hamill voicing young luke skywalker

Attached: 1486501899713.jpg (312x312, 23K)

>no one has done that, the fans decided to piss on themselfs and then started asking why they were wet.
Come the fuck on, destroying the EU, making horrible movies, and writing the new backstory like some romance novel is exactly what i am saying by where the people in charge tell fans “this isnt yours anymore”, and they stole it to rewrite as their own gay fan fiction.

>it's a way to feminize young boys early because they'll buy anything that's star wars
The toy shelves say otherwise

But a lot of girls love Star Wars. The show and toys aren’t even girly.

yea and I'm sure they would rather just get actual toys instead of those super generic barbie designs.

Can we get a clone wars treatment for the new star wars?

This, girls who like star wars liked it for what it was, not this ultra feminized ass rape of itself. Ironic that feminists want to screech about equality and girl power, but only want to feminize other women to their level and make them weaker and less independent and mature.

exactly why don't they bitch about how all the DC girls and shit like this look exactly the same and are insulting to girls and the character they depict.

Attached: is-this-a-ship-of-the-valkyries-or-have-you-human-women-finally-done-away-with-your-men-altogether.j (565x507, 158K)

>to sell dolls
They’re not even good dolls though, and this is coming from someone who collects quite a bit.
Save for Leia, FoD have molded on clothes and crappy action gimmicks.

Fuck off, Q was not a feminist in the modern sense

Reminder Ahsoka literally drops hits she wanted Anakin's dick.

Attached: PSX_20171231_140637.jpg (621x261, 34K)

Star Wars toys are fucking garbage for the price

More like "Forces of Diversity" amrite!?

this looks like some shit made on Newgrounds in early 2000s

girls don't need shows to be good as long as it has girls in it.

Reminder that the entire galaxy would be a better place if she would have just gotten his dick

That's what I heard might be the problem: Like said,
Girls love Star Wars *because* it was never aimed at girls. Once they started to shift directions to include them, that just alienated the existing girl demographic they got and its now affecting the main male demographic.

>destroying the EU
The EU had been shitting on itself for years user. Unless you enjoyed the Vong, and cthuhulu force monsters, and vader 2.0 jacen, or kairn special snowflake mando travis.
>making horrible movies,
That started back in '99 long before disney bought shit.
>tell fans “this isnt yours anymore”
It was never yours to begin with.

The reality is there's still a lot of starwars shit for you too, you're just pitching a fit cause they aren't tailoring the entire buffet to your personal taste.

How does Disney make something good like Tangled and then produce this tripe? Do they have no quality control?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Disney Princess™ turned out to be a huge cash cow, so they're testing the waters to see if combining the women of SW (with bland-as-fuck faces that already look like the shitty Bratz knockoff dolls the show is a huge ad for) would work in a similar way to sell stuff to girls

tangled is made by their main tv animation studio while Forces of Destiny is by a different studio that make things to tie in with their toys and merch.

>do girls just not like their characters to look different?
Actual girls do, but the people behind the show aren't creative enough for that because they think it might be body-shaming for anyone to have diff bodies.

Fuck you, the EU lore has been destroyed, the sequels are even worse then the prequels, and you act like they arent ignoring us and defending disney? I hope someone curshes your balls with a hammer, you dont deserve them anymore for shilling for disney

>They’re not even good dolls though
Oh I know, but that’s not gonna stop them from trying to get away with selling this garbage.

Girls themselves probably would, but they're being pushed sameface bitches regardless

The prequels weren't even bad. It's all meme hate

Little girls aren’t the ones making this shit

Phantom menace is mediocre and as bad as jedi, AOTC is the worst before the disney movies, filled with the same cheesy love drama from empire but with even worse direction and acting, but ROTS is GOAT, and along with the original star wars are my two favorite star wars films.

do people actually believe this?

Rose's actress isn't even Chinese

When the everyone's idea of criticism is just to quote RLM, who loved Force Awakens by the way, then yes. Are they perfect? Absolutely not but they aren't bad movies

>being so retard that you think someone pays people to come and call you a fag for your shit taste.
So which part of the EU was your favorite user? I want to take special interest in laughing about how it doesn't matter anymore.
i bet he's a mando-sue fan.

Parts of the prequels weren't bad, but as a whole not that great. Pretty much the same with the sequels.

They are bad but had alot of interesting things in them, and the spin off material was really good. When you look back on it most star wars films have been overrated and the main cool things of star wars was always the supplementary material, thats why the purging of the EU upset me so much, and the fact they didnt make the new movies more like the EU and made it bare bones as possible without going further into ideas or explaining anything.

>Phantom menace is mediocre and as bad as jedi
Not even close.
At least RotJ had a clear story that wasn't absolutely riddled with plotholes.

And RotS is shit too. The dialogue is absolutely atrocious and the drama goes into melodrama territory on several occasions (e.g. the younglings, blinded by love speech, all of the dialogue in the final fight)

Attached: episode 3 sheev flying.webm (1280x544, 953K)

>Being so retarded to shill for disney for free
Im laughing at how financially unviable the series is now, eat shit

It's autists like you who got /swco/ banned

For the young female audience. Duh.

What a stupid question.

Star Wars has never had good dialogue. The original trilogy is plagued with that shit

Id rather have plotholes with a better story then half the movie being family drama and run around philosophy on the force. Seriously, i fucking hate jedi and the force, the stories for those topics are always bad, why cant we have a star wars film without it.

Rogue One feels like an EU novel put on the screen. I loved it.

it's not a show for you, I assume.

what do you think they get out of paying people to call you a faggot? like what's the end goal?

Good. I hated that fucking thread

The dialogue in the PT makes the OT dialogue look absolute amazing.
"Scruffy looking nerf-herder" is fucking Shakespeare next to "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and gets everywhere. Not like here. Here every thing's soft"

Those are called generic sci-fi movies user. We already have them.

Im not saying youre getting paid, why are you still harping on that
I hated jyn and cassian, i wished they focused on the extremist rebels or krennic instead.

maybe people use the RLM reviews as examples so often is because they actually are really good breakdowns of why those movies are bad
that does not excuse the prequels of having terrible writing and direction
then why are you watching a fantasy series if you don't like magic and wizards?

>Those are called generic sci-fi movies user. We already have them.
Star wars and its universe is not generic, even without the jedi. And we hardly have any proper sci fi films anymore, its all cape shit or ridley scotts bad alien KOs.

More bad dialogue doesn't make other Shit dialogue bettet

>then why are you watching a fantasy series if you don't like magic and wizards?
I want the universe of other characters besides the same dull unrealistically pure and altruistic jedi character like ezria. Ahsoka was a good jedi character at leastz

>Star wars and its universe is not generic
It's extremely generic, even in 77. It was just "sci-fi for normies"
Star Wars was always a distillation of fringe media into something palatable for the mainstream.

Worse dialogue does indeed make less bad dialogue better.
Not to mention that the actors in the OT actually had charm and charisma.

>It's extremely generic,
But its not faggot, all the alien races and the galactic culture could give way to a plethora of stories.

If it will help you to stop spazzing here's a episode without any girls
youtu.be/G2U_H5dFKH0

you keep using the word shill, i don't think you understand what it means.

>Star wars and its universe is not generic, even without the jedi.
That's just a straight up lie.
>Evil empire
>good rebelion
>faster then light travel connecting the galaxy
>tons of ancient lost to history civilizations

it could not be more of a generic fantasy setting IN SPACE!!!!!!

Attached: ThatWord.png (500x300, 35K)

She really wasn't. They just took all the good traits of obi wan and sprinkle 2 or 3 of Anakin's flaws

I think you're mistaking "generic" for something else.
Generic means "extremely common in the genre"
There is nothing unique about Star Wars.
Even the Force was cribbed from Simak's Waystation, not to mention just generic Buddhist crap

Mark, Billy and Harrison yeah, everyone else was made of fucking cardboard

a plethora of generic sci-fi stories

Is that redhead Mara Jade?

Its universe was not generic at the time you faggots, and theirs more stories you can make with it still that modern hollywood wont make on its own.

Shut up cunt, its not as i said here

3 charismatic actors is better than 1 (Ewan)

Mara Jade is unlikely to appear in the new media. Unfortunately.

You ok, mate?
You seem to be having a stroke

>i don't understand what the word generic means and i'm going to double down on my retardation instead of spending five seconds to google it.
FTFY

most SW fans will just watch the same shit over and over again so why take risks?

Im just sick of faggots on here spewing shit that they know nothing about. I just want star wars to be good again and these fucks are just acting like we shouldnt care about it, but no other modern sci fi franchise wants to make the types of stories i wanted to see from star wars.

Fucking retard shut your fucking trap, all of the backstory and lore and settings was totally new for 1977, so what if copycats made copies it doesnt make star wars useless or it any less unique.

you mean the stories that starwars wasn't making even before disney "bought and ruined it" ?

We already have Thrawn back, I'm willing to bet most heavy hitters from the old EU will come back in some fashion, if not now or in 10 years, certainly in the next 50 of this never ending hellride.

They were making them with the EU
>if not now or in 10 years, certainly in the next 50 of this never ending hellride.
You really think disney wars can sustain themselves with their current behavior for the next 5 years, let alone 10?

The only books in the EU that didn't feature Jedi were the Karen Travis mandalorian books, and those were about 10 years old when the EU was shelved.
Yeah, but Thrawn wasn't married to one of the main 3. We already saw the end of Luke's story and there was no mention of a wife.

IDK maybe we'll get her but it'll be as a brief fling and she won't be the Emperor's hand turned Jedi that people liked.

>The only books in the EU that didn't feature Jedi were the Karen Travis mandalorian books, and those were about 10 years old when the EU was shelved.
You cant obviously believe this

>The only books in the EU that didn't feature Jedi were the Karen Travis mandalorian books, and those were about 10 years old when the EU was shelved.
And also shit

Name some others then? Unless you mean the ones about the Sith, which is the same thing with a different name.
you 100% right.

It makes dolls much easier to make

There's always going to be dweebs buying Star Wars themes stuff. If and when Disney stops using the IP for big budgets won't stop the licensing of cheap paperbacks, games, comics... You know, like the old EU.

Name some others then?
The original Han Solo novels didn't have any Jedi in them. That's all I can think of off hand.

>destroying the EU
But it's all still there. It's being ignored because it's now non-canon isn't any worse than it being ignored because writers are lazy.

>But it's all still there. It's being ignored because it's now non-canon isn't any worse than it being ignored because writers are lazy.
It is because now none of it can be used and its not real anymore
Tales from the bounty hunters for one

You got me. 1 other trilogy out of about 25 or so.
yeah the EU sure was chalked full of those stories user.