Green Lanturn

>John Boyega is reportedly being eyed by Warner Bros Pictures for the role of John Stewart in GREEN LANTERN CORPS.

Can he pull it off?

Attached: FE7926CD-7F9D-46D1-9FF9-F26B4BCC9CEF.png (1682x1163, 2.46M)

No

sure

How old is he IRL and how old is John supposed to be in story?
Is John gonna be the rookie lantern? Cause actor always looked to me like he was 18-22.

No. Finn sucks and he's the reason Pacific rim 2 is going to be ass. Find an up and coming black actor and give him a break with this role.

John Stewart: THICC Edition

pretty sure Boyega didn't cause Del Toro to leave the franchise

Stop pushing this monkey faced faggot. Hes a horrible actor, why is he getting pushed so much when he has no talent?

Attached: 7C6A19A3-2316-4B2C-9389-DC27309E52BC.jpg (340x191, 32K)

Boy they just wanna cast Boyega in everything don't they?

OH NO NO NO NO

No, but his horrible character and acting was detrimental to the film. Fuck the director that killed mako and missed everything that made the movie good. Why did del toro leave anyways?

Because he did adequately in less than adequate Force Awakens.

The entire sequel trilogy needs to be scrapped and buried deep underground

Don't they have more black actors than just this guy?

bit young innit? only able to be an architect for two years and thats just with the basic 8 year contract and if he immediately found a job with no formal architectural education somehow. cast denzel.

Well, that is your opinion, I like his acting.

John is supposed to be a rookie to Hal.

Which is stupid. An older, stern John teaching a young, hotshot Hal would make more sense.

Attached: 1522106301652.jpg (800x449, 74K)

Finn is literally the best part of the new trilogy.

Why would he want to associate himself with the DC movies? Also I think he’s too young. Isn’t John Stewart supposed to be in his 30s or 40s?

Wouldn't be surprised if they swapped John and Hal, John is the hotshot and Hal is old and stern, but used to be a hotshot.

Or, get this, instead of doing the same shit as the comics you have one be an allien instead of spamming humans into the intergalactic peace corps.
It would have been so easy to just make a life adaptaion of the two animated GL movies of 2011

TBF its hard to look worse then carrie fisher or daisy ridley. I hate how the only new character i liked gets shit on in TLJ, poe deserved better then that
How, he has no chops or personality for acting

Bro that would be fucking godlike if he agreed. But I wouldn't if I were him DC fucks up everything they touch on a big screen.

Can he pull off the most boring man ever conceived? Yeah, probably.

John Stewart traditionally has a bachelor's in architecture and or a tour of duty in the military under his belt when recruited. He isn't super old to begin with.

I think all of the original four lanterns have at least a bachelor's or equivalent and all except Kyle have military service. So even in his early to mid 20s he can still be the hot young lantern compared to the usually older Hal, who's like 30 and on the verge of going gray.

>killed mako
what? fuck that shit

I like him in star wars. Except for second star wars. I think the main girl took too much sptlight.

Legendary got sold to a chink company and he could either jump ship to work on Shape of Water or sit on his hands for nine months to start working on Pacific Rim 2, he chose the former.

John had a degree but no contract. In his initial appearance he explicitly could not get a job.

Will the movies give John more personality beyond "MARINES OORAH!" and "boring straight man"?

>I like him in star wars.
How, he was a complete joke, and an irritating one at that

Honeslty, he death is not bad. it's not epic or grnadiose, but she manage to track back essential information that later save the day.
i do not think there is any kind of disrpect for the original movie. They actually keep exploring the htreads left during the first movie and the Fight agaisnt the monster are definitely well done.

>No, but his horrible character and acting was detrimental to the film
It really wasn't.

he is the best part of the new trilogy.

did they ever explain how Boyega is Elba's son in the movie?
since in the first film, he never stated he had any family other than mako being his adoptive daughter and a sister in the comics

I'd prefer him playing Blade.

I like his portrayal of Finn character.

This doesn't mean much

>did they ever explain how Boyega is Elba's son in the movie?
Yeah, it's more or less addressed. Basically, He wanted to impress his father at all cost to the point he tried to pilot, without authorisation a Jaeger solo, before failing miserably.

His father was the one to told him he was unfit to be a pilot anymore and after that the son more or less went out of the radar rather than owning to his actions still having issue living in the hsade of his fahter.

Meanwhile Pentecostal kept on the responsibility to maintain the apocalypse to a canceled status and focus on his son later.

>and a sister in the comics
Comcis in those kind of franchise are raerely conciderd canon and are usually done by people who get very little feedback and whose work is not checked by whoeever is in charge of the movie. don't hold too much value to it.

God he's ugly as fuck, can't they get someone more handsome?

Really, uprising isn't a bad movie, it's just not as good as the first one.

consider it as an enjoyable movie of the 70's Godzilla series who get good monster fight and a plot that manage to support those fights without being much more than that.

No, (((they))) can’t.

>WB doing a bad casting

What a surprise. Even Tyrese sounds like a better choice. Then if only Paul Walker was still alive he could be Hal Jordan, The Rock as Kilowog and Statham as Sinestro.

he's a fat midget
why stewart?
why not that new gangsta black guy.

>these chuckleheads don't know about this guy

Attached: guy_gardner.jpg (400x585, 54K)

Are there literally no other black actors available? Denzel Washington can actually act and he would be a great older version of John Stewart.

I'd rather have them make Guy Gardner black in the movies than use Stewart.

What does echo meme imply here?

nope
as liberal and progressive as hollywood love to claim they are
they refuse to hire alot of minority actors
so they're always stuck with a small handful of actors when they need a minority actor

10 years ago, Denzell would have been the perfect cast, but he is getting a bit old, now, no?

>Replacing another ginger character with a black one

I love this meme.

God no
He's going to be shoved into everything now isn't he?

The DCEU is already dead on the water so casting Boyega couldn't hurt it more than it's already been killed by WB.

I believe the studio wanted to take the movie in a different direction than Del Toro had in mind, because he did have a script finished.

>john stewart
>not a 6 foot plus rugged buff army man
REEEEEE

Is there really that much to pull off? From what I gather John isn't exactly... anything.

I don’t know enough about his acting skill to say. If he can inly play Finn-like roles then absolutely not, Finn and John are very, very different characters. Mostly it just depends on how much he can imitate John Stewart, if I can feel like I’m watching John and not Finn in a GL outfit then I’m good.

I have no idea what, if anything, he’s done before star wars so I don’t know if he can portray this kind of character.

Main thing is that I don’t think his voice is deep enough for John. Also he looks pretty young but that can be fixed in make up. Voice altering is harder to do right when you can see the person’s lips moving.

His voice is wrong. His American accent comes out high and nasaly. I couldnt take him seriously as Stewart.

weak leading man

He played a different role enough in Pacific Rim Uprising. He was more of a derelict son/asshole trying to make up for his past and didn't see him as Finn.

I would have liked his character a lot better if he was allowed to sacrifice himself.

I prefer a young, arrogant John who thinks he can be stern and commanding learning from an older Hal to get over himself. Besides young Hal would inevitably become another Peter Parker.

Fuck that, and fuck you for reminding that pointless scene.

For the first film, up to the point he's a janitor.
In Last Jedi they literally had no idea what to do with him. I remember after the Force Awakens he was going on about how jacked he was going to be for the second film. Then all he did was follow the fugly asian girl around and spew some cringey background commentary while she preached about muh war profiteering.
My personal theory is that he was supposed to he a Jedi at some point, but they gave the role to Rey and now they don't know what to do with him.

he's just going to be pushed for at least another 7 years and i'm just not looking forward to his bland acting skills

Now you remember that he was able to drag jar jar chink's body all the way back to the base without being shot at even though Kylo had just had his hissy fit and said
>no survivors

Attached: 1510773321653.gif (255x255, 546K)

Fuck you, hes a horrible actor and i am sickend to see people actually liking him on here

They killed and ignored the main characters and the writing and atmosphere felt like a joke
But it was

sure hope he breaks out of that sci-fi black guy role.

because he's been in nothing but shitty sci-fi

Guy isn't stern enough to be John

Idris Elba would be unironically better

>My personal theory is that he was supposed to he a Jedi at some point,
But he is He is a Jedi. the first movie establish he has a connection with the force.

im so sick of Boyega
he can't act

>and the writing and atmosphere felt like a joke

Sounds like Star Wars to me then

and the second movie completely forgot about it.
I think that was the point user was making.

No, Boyega looks too soft and has no character. He's such a bore as an actor, he completely lacks the gravitas that Stewart has in the comics.

>They killed and ignored the main characters
They Killed Mako.

Neither Railegu nor Herc were in the hall of honor and the reason they weren't in the movie was probably because they couldn't get them. I suspect they intend for them to actually be the pilots of Ajax November.

Bogeya played good honestly. I really haven't much to complain about and his relationship with Mako seemed genuine.

>2018
>talking about the DCEU

Attached: 1522014597711.jpg (650x488, 39K)

>and the writing and atmosphere felt like a joke
They treated the events of the first movie seriously and the story is a continuation of it.

I think you switched it up

Nah bra we need a real nigga for the job
Boys best stay at home yo

Attached: Idris-Elba.jpg (1544x1029, 320K)

They thought they were dead anyway.

Didn't you hear user? He's the new Denzel Washington

He was great in Attack the Block. He shouldn't play John though

It's a Sup Forums thing meant to imply something is controlled/pushed forward by jews.

He'll have to hit the gym though. Boyega is a fatty.

Yes. It's everyone else involved I don't have confidence in. Primarily WB.

To be fair Hollywood has probably the highest jewish concentration in anything ever

that doesn't make any sense. There's no way the could miss someone dragging a body that distance.
They were right up next to the battering ram and the first order literally could not have missed finn running to rose's podracer, taking her out (again, right next to the heavily guarded battering ram), then dragging her all the fuck the way back.

Did you knew the reason there is a lot of Jew in the american movie industry was because they were bared out of a lot of business at the time due to anti-Semitism. Back then people thought those cinematograph was of little importance, even a fad to pass, and didn't care who was running it.

I meant what was the implication within the context of this probable casting decision

Tired of this nigger.

I like him, but no
fpbp

I would rather Tyrese than this guy.

and it's almost always true.

>How old is he IRL and how old is John supposed to be in story?
don't matter
blacks don't crack

there is a reason for that. They are backstabbers and scumbags but they weren't forced into the media. They chose to be there because the only thing those kikes like more than money is manipulation.

No it's not

Mid-20s John.

Early 40s Hal.