JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

Issue #4

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-00.jpg (683x1028, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/one-armed-comic-book-artist-worked-on-wonder-woman-now-homeless-in-michigan
cbr.com/justice-league-no-justice-fifth-team-nightwing-amanda-waller/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also how the living fuck can DC still get Wolfman to write regularly and not hire Loebs IDK, but I hope this publicity gets them some money but even more than that some work since he clearly wants to.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-01.jpg (675x974, 107K)

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-02.jpg (675x1028, 150K)

Messer-Loebs :(

I was real close to spamming Scott Snyder and Johns about it. I was at work furious about it

I picked it up first off Phil Jimenez and it seems like it's made the rounds really quickly, so I'm hoping for some actual effects.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-03.jpg (654x1012, 121K)

yeah I was gonna tagged Wonder Woman creators ( along with Williamson and Howard porter) too but saw that.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-04.jpg (633x944, 121K)

INFINITY WAR?
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?
GOD DAMN IT

Also Glass' Titans sounds promising aside from his Wally portrayel

His Suicide Squad was SOP-tier, buuut...

also yeah lol now we get to see Duggan try to navigate event editing at Marvel

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-05.jpg (658x990, 116K)

Hello, Storyteller.

What happened?

oh shit you coffee boy now

fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/one-armed-comic-book-artist-worked-on-wonder-woman-now-homeless-in-michigan

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-06.jpg (675x1024, 147K)

and if you want Sup Forums's hot taeks

protip: do not read Sup Forums's hot takes

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-07.jpg (679x1000, 105K)

>it's just more politics garbage
I hate what this board has become so goddamn much.

It's not politics you fucking spaz, its an artist. We even read some of his work in this thread

Broke my heart reading about him earlier today :(

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-08.jpg (679x1024, 154K)

You didn't click on that thread.

I'm talking about the actual discussion in that thread, you tard. Jesus Christ.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-09.jpg (679x1024, 170K)

it sucks and his Flash was the last time Wally was well written and his Wonder Woman was the last time Diana has an interesting story
DC needs to reprint his stuff and hire him to write again

this is going to end well

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-10.jpg (679x1024, 111K)

Inza Fate omni fucking when

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-11.jpg (666x994, 150K)

clearly on the next list after Daniels Deathstroke

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-12.jpg (658x994, 145K)

I fucking hate this goddamn industry.

This is just disgraceful.

I've seen similar things happen to a number of writers--you do well for a while, later stuff doesn't sell, you don't get picked up, and a run of bad luck puts you in a hole and getting out is very, very hard.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-13.jpg (650x940, 113K)

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-14.jpg (637x940, 124K)

So there's a 5th No Justice team and it has Nightwing and Waller.

>If I could do it over again I'd cut my hands off -Wally Wood

hellworld baby!!

those Vicfaces

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-15.jpg (637x940, 95K)

and people on twitter circlejerking hating on Millar saying he won't do more DC/Marvel work
good for him, BKV, Gillen, Kirman and any creator than can make it on their own
who had that quote "you can get rich making comics but can't make a living"

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-16.jpg (670x1024, 142K)

Is Wally on the team? Because so far every thread has had people screaming "WHERE'S WALLY"

Reminder Wolfman keeps getting charity gigs like writing a Green Lantern videogame, but DC can't be assed to give WML something to do other than a DC Retroactive issue.

Catching up on some shit and through the first 2 of the 3 Doomsday Clock issues. I'm sort of convinced that if it wasn't Watchmen people would like it.* Worst thing is that it hasn't gotten to the actual crossover aspect yet, but there have been some fun moments and it doesn't feel super slow.

*No real sympathy of course because they deserve the comparison by doing a crossover/pseudo-sequel in the first place. But I do like it in a vacuum.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-17.jpg (670x1000, 91K)

They can’t even be arsed to at least reprint his material.

Millar's reaction was the best "Why is this news? I've been done with them for years"

i feel like Wally is gonna be staying in Flash until Flash War is over.

Just fucking reprint his Flash run so he can get some dosh. Wtf is their problem?

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-18.jpg (662x1028, 142K)

>i feel like Wally is gonna be staying in Flash until Flash War is over.

I've become delusional and convinced myself Barry will get benched.

>So there's a 5th No Justice team and it has Nightwing and Waller.
Woah what, source?
Hopefully this means SS is getting a reboot. Alongside Outsiders and I assume Young Justice with Tim and Jackson that's a lot of team books

wasn't MOLE PEOPLE an MST3K episode?

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-19.jpg (650x978, 97K)

Did you guys watch that new Skwad movie? I thought it was alright, at least they offed plenty of folks unlike the newer comics where no one dies and stays dead.
Didn't think they'd kill off Jewelee along with Punch, damn.

But that would mean acknowledging he exists, which is something they've avoided for years. And the sick part is they will continue to pretend he doesn't exist unless this becomes a hugely controversial issue that starts affecting sales, which it won't.

>DC doesn't want people to know they can print write Flash stories
What did it mean by this?

people would know good Flash stories are possible

cbr.com/justice-league-no-justice-fifth-team-nightwing-amanda-waller/

it's a fun land to live in.

mfw Williamson lets Barry retire to the 31st Century

i've assumed for years he had the same kinda stuff in his contract that kept Ostrander Squad from being reprinted forever.

Aside from Boomer, Harley and Deadshot I'm not surprised anyone died
I am mad about Vertigo dying before we even got a GA animated movie, which Lemires run is perfect for

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-20.jpg (675x1004, 137K)

I heard it was a half-assed adaptation of that first Secret Six arc. Is that true?

Hey guys, since you seem to be a well-read lot...

Is Doomwank good writing?

it's just a good 50s sci fi movie too

>Allison Mack will never be initiate you into a sex cult
why live

I'm pretty sure they're dropping the whole N52AU thing after Death and Return of Superman, the whole thing has just become immensely unprofitable and unpopular as well to boot.

it's not exclusive of okay writing but it's rarely 'good'

that is, as Varric says, some weird shit

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-21.jpg (637x954, 96K)

It's sort of an adaptation of the "Get Out of Hell Free Card" arc, but with the Suicide Squad instead of the Secret Six, although Scandal does show up.

;____;

how are you owls

I am tired

next storytime will probably be Sunday night

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-22.jpg (633x936, 114K)

The fact he refers to it as a squad gives me hope its some sort of Suicide Squad with Dick as the liaison, especially since Harley is in No Justice.

Which considering I want Priest on Skwad seems like a bad sign since he's not a big Dick fan but maybe that'll change

>tfw Wally rips the speed force control from Barry to pay for his sins

>tfw Wally locks Barry in the speed force for the rest of his life

>tfw Wally fucking kills Barry

I've lost it I know

Barry's already pretty close to being a "GOTTA HAVE ALL THE SPEED" villain

Barry turning evil would for sure qualify as the 3rd worst day of Wally's life

I brought back my storytime then haven't followed up on it because real life got in the way, even though I knew I had some compromises to deal with. I'm dumb.

now, now, we need Jay to come back and tell them that he's disappointed in them both

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-23.jpg (633x954, 106K)

I'm pretty sure even Johns has forgotten about that particular plot point.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-24.jpg (650x982, 141K)

I was having a fine evening until I heard that William Messnar-Loebs is living on the streets due to not being able to get any assignments. Bit of a buzzkill, that.

Seriously. Fuck the modern comics industry. Nothing but a cesspit of nepotistic inmates running their pathetically rundown asylums.

you fool, Oprah is unbeatable

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-25.jpg (650x1028, 97K)

The last couple issues have pretty much portrayed him as a Speed Force Junkie and it'll horribly backfire somehow

well Barry coming back to life fucks it a little too.

remember evil Jai!

>Fuck the modern comics industry

lol dude it's always been like this

>nepotistic inmates

Stan Lee's uncle was Marvel's publisher!

Not a fan of the Waid reprints I presume?

my only guess is that someone has a grudge against him and that person's buddies are falling in line, but like being annoyed at a guy personally doesn't mean he should be struggling to survive

Whatever happened to car washing Hobos?

I doubt it's even that, he's just in the "old and busted" category and for whatever reason, such as family obligations etc., hasn't managed to hustle/connect himself to stay on top in the industry. Look at how people like Priest fell out for a long time too.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-26.jpg (683x1000, 138K)

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-27.jpg (675x966, 111K)

Shouldn't he have gotten some money from The Maxx maximzed? And knowing DC he should've gotten some money for the Wonder Woman movie. Maybe he's just an alcoholic.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-28.jpg (645x994, 148K)

So, what's the over/under on editorial announcing a reprint of WML's well regarded works?

By the way, the correct answer is zero, cause they don't give a fuck, even if people yell at them.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-29.jpg (645x1028, 97K)

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-30.jpg (658x1012, 118K)

>Also Glass' Titans sounds promising aside from his Wally portrayel
people were hopeful for Lobdell, Abnett, and Percy and yet all 3 are trash

From the article, he had a string of very bad luck.
He bought a new house in 2001 (with some money from The Maxx), then his mom got sick, then his wife got sick, and then he lost the house via an eviction in September of 2001.
He then got a mobile home in a nice trailer park (according to him), and lived there for 15 years before a gas leak rendered it inhospitable. That's where we are now, with him apparently working part-time at Panera and doing janitorial work for churches.

ouch

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-31.jpg (645x1028, 112K)

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-32.jpg (683x1008, 145K)

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-33.jpg (654x1028, 97K)

OK, but why aren't people hiring him?

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-34.jpg (683x1028, 113K)

The thread using an Astro City cover also got nasty towards Busiek again

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-35.jpg (654x1028, 122K)

>bad luck
Being a comic book writer has fucked him financially. At some point you need to get a fucking clue and move on because
>writing funny books isn't providing you with a decent standard of living
He needs to go get a real skill that does that.

It's hard to feel sorry for an idiot who makes bad decisions.

Attached: Cathy-Comic1.jpg (500x350, 139K)

Whoops. Coming in late.

Hey OP. Have you ever given up on a book without finishing it? Is it fair to do if you aren't enjoying it?

Only if it's tempered with him getting absolutely fucked up at some point. Like Ben beating his ass in some of the early stories, or that one Luke Cage caper.

Fuck, Owls, I tried to read that Metal storytime but just got bored. Gonna read Larsen ASM instead.
I don’t want to be a fossil, but...

yes, although there are things I've pushed through the first whatever and come to like, and then gone back and liked even more on a re-read.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-36.jpg (679x994, 99K)

I'm starting to think the reason some people here get so assmad at liberal comic book writers is because they know no one will hire their conservative/alt-right asses (not for the reason they think though) and the best they can aspire to is some fetid shit like Alt-Hero.

Saw Samurai Uprising. It was wild, but had a downer ending, which is pretty much par for course in the genre.

Only in FF 84-87.

I cannot begin to fathom why the guy can't get work. It's not like he doesn't have any street cred, he's known for several damn solid runs, and even has a distinct marketable style. Especially baffling since the Big Two are so insular, most folks can get plenty of work just by being there. Nothing about this makes any damn sense.

Did I miss more Loebs money woes?

I can’t bring myself to read Buisick after Avengers and it ain’t got shit to do with politics.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#004-37.jpg (683x1032, 104K)