BATMAN NINJA IS GOAT

Holy shit!
ign.com/articles/2018/03/25/batman-ninja-review

Attached: Batman ninja.png (938x290, 344K)

>IGN

>Trusting IGN

Attached: when you laugh because character assasination hasnt gotten to you yet.png (1076x411, 699K)

IGN ratings have been a meme since 2013. OP you are beyond stupid, jesus fucking christ.

It's not that hard to make better animation than Marvel.

>doubting GRORIOUS NIPPON

>BATMAN NINJA IS... shit!
Tell us something we don't know

>DC
>Making anything good ever
Pick one

Attached: Death-of-Superman-post.jpg (960x537, 332K)

Working overtime, Ladderfag?

Is supes saving a tranny?

>A Batman movie was well received
Stop. The fucking. Presses.

Attached: 1440817496705.jpg (387x461, 35K)

DAMN, CATWOMAN LOOKS LIKE THAT?

I hope based Land of the Rising Sun gives us at least one Harley and Ivy /u/ scene

BvS was panned, same with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

Attached: IMG_4893.jpg (3200x1800, 481K)

See but unironicalliy

Alright then
>An Anime Batman movie was well received in our age of weeaboos

Pro critics shat on Killing Joke and Batman & Harley Quinn, also Batman v. Superman - Dawn of Justice (Theatrical Version) was pretty much a Batman movie with Superman as the antagonist and it got the infamous 27% approval rate on Rotten Tomatoes.

Attached: 6.1 too much filler.jpg (975x355, 45K)

Batman: Gotham Knight got middling reviews. Frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah, me neither. I just fucking hate Batman

user, these are the same people that called NUPPG good. It might actually be great, but IGN is not a credible source for that opinion.

>IGN reviews
That being said I am legitimately hyped for Batman: Ninja.
A DC Elseworlds animated movie not made by Timm & co with good animation that exists purely to let the Batman characters do their thing in a different time setting, with no connections to a crappy cinematic universe or tie-ins to an existing run, seems like a huge breath of fresh air

Attached: 1518551009943.png (1835x1080, 2.56M)

>WonderCon attendees in Anaheim were treated to a world premiere screening of the new anime Batman Ninja this past Saturday morning. Following the screening, the Japanese animators and producers joined the American writers and voice talent for a lively discussion about the history of bringing this epic collaboration to the screen.

>In Batman Ninja, Batman is taken out of Gotham City after Gorilla Grodd’s time displacement machine goes awry, and he is timeslipped into feudal Japan along with The Joker, Harley Quinn and other members of his rogues gallery.

>DC All Access host Whitney Moore moderated the panel, which featured Japanese screenwriter Kazuki Nakashima, character designer Takashi Okazaki and director Jumpei Mizusaki, along with English-language writers Leo Chu and Eric Garcia, plus voice actors Eric Bauza (Two-Face), Tom Kenny (Penguin), Yuri Lowenthal (Robin and Red Hood), Adam Croasdell (Nightwing and Alfred), Fred Tatasciore (Gorilla Grodd and Deathstroke), Tony Hale (The Joker) and Roger Craig Smith (Batman).

>“When you think of Japan you have three stereotypes,” Nakashima said, discussing the origin of the project. “You’ve got your samurai, you’ve got your ninjas, and you’ve got your transformations or combining. So we decided to put all of those ingredients together in one place and this is what we got.”

>Okazaki said that he has loved Batman since childhood and when he got the job, “I immediately started drawing. All of these ideas came flowing into my mind. Batman is a ninja. This is how it has to be.

>Mizusaki said they wanted to fill the film with a lot of Japanese tropes. “In anime, there are always giant robots fighting each other, so we know we wanted to put that in,” he said. “Looking back, I think we made a mistake in not putting in enough female characters in the film — because if you look up at this panel, we are all men.”

>“Barely,” Kenny joked.

>The Japanese team also picked what their favorite characters in the film to work on were. Nakashima said definitely Joker and Harley Quinn, while Okazaki went with Bane, and Mizusaki picked Gorilla Grodd. “He was drawn very handsomely,” he said.

>Despite the inclusion of so many Batman characters, Nakashima and Mizusaki wished that they had the chance to include The Riddler in the film, while Okazaki wanted to include Ra’s al Ghul.

>Chu and Garcia discussed the process of changing the Japanese script into an Americanized version. “First of all, it’s not a translation. It’s more of an adaptation,” Chu said. “Anime is a very different production process than the traditional Western animation process. We got the film in bits and pieces. We got a very rough translation of the Japanese dialogue, and then we got little sketches and storyboards and stuff and then we were told, ‘OK — now go!’ Warner Bros. was very good about leaving the entire production alone. They trusted the Japanese team to make something authentically anime, and they trusted us to make something authentically Batman. Our job was to take what was done, and to make everyone seem like Batman characters and Batman villains.”

>“I’m very interested to see what the fan reaction to the film is going to be,” Chu said. “Especially when they watch the Japanese subtitled version versus the English version. There are scenes and dialogue which are remarkably different, because anime is primarily a visual medium and the visuals are driving everything, and for us Western audiences we have a different storytelling tradition. We want more themes, and narratives and character arcs.”

>Chu cited one example of the differences between the two versions. “In the fight between Batman and the Joker, in the Japanese version they are talking about real estate and Japanese traditions and some of those jokes may not have translated into the western version. We thought the swordfight between the two was one of the most badass things we have ever seen, so we gave it a slightly different flavor.”

>“We tried to keep things primarily Japanese, though,” Garcia said. “All of Bane’s lines we kept the same from the Japanese version.”

>The voice talent then spoke about their reactions to seeing the movie.

>“Monkeys and bats… living together. Mass hysteria!” Bauza joked, referring to the very anime character of Monkeychi featured in the film. “Rodents and simians… come together… right no,” Kenny sang, to the tune of The Beatles’ “Come Together.”

>“I thought it was breathtaking. Job well done,” Bauza continued. “I’m now afraid of Tony Hale after seeing his Joker.”

>Kenny said the process of recording the voices for the film was different than normal. “Normally, we record the voices first and then the film is animated to our voices. It was a little unusual in that the (Japanese) voices were already recorded and then we had to stick our voices into those existing holes. Boy, that came out wrong.”

>Hale said he was brought in late in the process. “I just acted insane and laughed a lot.”

>The Japanese team said the film is full of Easter eggs throughout the film, with the coin that Two-Face flips used as an example. “One side is Japanese and the other is Canadian,” Mizusaki said.

>Nakashima and Mizusaki wished that they had the chance to include The Riddler in the film, while Okazaki wanted to include Ra’s al Ghul.
I really wish we got these two instead of Harley Quinn and Grodd.

Grodd's the director's favorite DC villain

>“In the fight between Batman and the Joker, in the Japanese version they are talking about real estate and Japanese traditions and some of those jokes may not have translated into the western version. We thought the swordfight between the two was one of the most badass things we have ever seen, so we gave it a slightly different flavor.”

So, the question is subs or dubs?

That's fair, and to be honest Grodd really fits the asian mythology angle they were going for.

But Ra's just seems like such a perfect fit for the movie.
He's the exact kind of over-the-top grandiose villain basking in his own superiority that anime embraces wholeheartedly and he already employs old-fashioned methods like ninjas and a code of honor.
Here we have a character whose most iconic moment is a shirtless sword fight with Batman and who is defined by his immortality and ability to be placed in nearly any period in time depending on the setting, and yet he's nowhere to be found in a movie that features a time displaced Batman cast using swords in a period setting.
I mean, fuck, you wouldn't even have to make him time displaced. Just have Batman and the cast encounter a relatively young Ra's al Ghul who's in the midst of journeying across the world and building his empire and is then caught up in the whole mess. You could even have a sequel hook with this.

I honestly don't even care that much about Ra's al Ghul but it seems like a wasted opportunity for him to not be there (while Harley gets to take up screentime solely due to her obnoxious popularity).
I guess he'd end up stealing Joker's thunder and they have enough characters on their hands as it is.

Attached: Batman_vs._Ra's_Al_Ghul.jpg (640x480, 30K)

Sup Forums BTFO

Westaboos/Ameriboos on suicide watch

>Japan's 3DCG
>good animation

Fucking please.

Is that sasuke? kek

I saw it at wondercon and thought it was good though I really wanted to see Mr Freeze or Scarecrow pop up. Maybe in a sequel

Attached: Scarecrow ninja.png (439x750, 556K)

Motherfucking Sup Forums hates Japan, shits on Japanese, pick on anything, even when they respectfully and carefully produce a spin off of a popular American franchise and actually made it.

On the flip side, Sup Forums desperately defend modern Calarts cartoons and creepy SJW comics praising pure low skill amateur tier western webcomics.

The absolute state of Sup Forums

It also might have been too close in time with the arrow arc involving ra's

Is anyone surprised? Eastern animation surpasses anything from the west

>2013
2003 more likely

Attached: 381.jpg (1007x891, 182K)

Attached: are you upset.webm (640x360, 535K)

Wait, is it out yet?
Torrent when?

only if Mark did it and brought his A-game, but he retired the character.

Okotta?

The animation is actually good though

yeah were is one