Why didnt i like it?

why didnt i like it?

the first one was amazing, the second one felt like filler arc.

Attached: 61AZ0FAdLvL._SX342_.jpg (342x430, 63K)

because you're a pleb who cares more about plot than character development

It was pretty much Ready Player One all over again

i liked it

Because you wanted a copy of the first movie and what you got was mostly character development. It's the classic "They changed it, now it sucks" complaint.

>who cares more about plot than character development
is it not important to balance the two?

Dumber jokes
>MY NIPPLES

Everyone is obsessed with the music now for some reason as well (rocket asking about getting music to play several times).

It played out like a movie made only out of the things casuals liked in the first movie (music, jokes, gamora/peter shipping) rather than its own creation. That being said, Yondu was great.

the only part i didn't like was ego. i was expecting j'son.

I thought it was okay. First kinda sucked, but the second half brought it together well enough. In the moment of watching in the theater the first time, I liked Drax, but watching it a second time on netflix, his character was boring and was used too much as the guy laughing at everything.

And personally, I think turning Yondu into a father figure character was a really bad emotional choice. It sort of grosses me out how many people hold it up as something deep. They turned the main character's kidnapper into his 'daddy'. That's some stockholm syndrome shit, and I didn't think it was endearing at all. Just a bad direction to go in from the start.

dumber, less funny jokes

less creative cosmic stuff (literally one planet as opposed to the cool locations of the first one)

There weren't any infinity stones.

>I think turning Yondu into a father figure character was a really bad emotional choice.

Yondu was clearly proud of Peter at the end of the first one and left him an out rather than killing him each time they met. Upon viewing both movies the father figure thing made sense.

QUIPS

Too much humor that fell flat instead of the perfect balance of the first movie

Because it was filler you dumb cunts. It doesn't affect the bigger story.

But GotG2 was pretty much a copy of the first movie.

It is and while the movie doesn't pull off a perfect balance, I still really enjoyed it. I completely understand those that prefer the first movie, but I am not in that camp.
>Better soundtrack (subjective I know)
>More Yondu
>Ego as a villain.
>Mantis and Drax
>Peter's entire relationship with Ego.
>"But it broke my heart to put that tumor in her head."

>the second one felt like filler arc.

Yep nailed it.

>"B-But muh character development!"

They hit the same beats as the first game. It's an alright movie but it could have been more daring.

I thought it had a pretty poor balance between its funny scenes and more serious ones. A lot of the humor went too overboard at times, which left the plot/character heavy scenes feeling too dry. Also had too many of those patented

>serious moment
>followed by wacky moment

scenes that seem to fill the MCU more and more. The scene with Nebula and Kraglin is a perfect example of this.

>iterally one planet as opposed to the cool locations of the first one

We actually saw a bit more worlds in 2 than 1.

1: Earth, Morag, Xandar, Knowhere.
2: Earth, Sovereign planet, the planet they crashed on, Ego, Hookerbot planet, Xandar and maybe 2 or three other worlds where Ego planted those things.

Don't forget The Klyn. And Ronan's big fucking ship.

Because it was a story about glorifying a Child trafficker

>Don't forget The Klyn. And Ronan's big fucking ship.

I didn't. I just didn't include them because those aren't planets.

>

>>"But it broke my heart to put that tumor in her head."

Ugh. The last movie I watched with my mom was the first guardians of the galaxy. She died two months later. I damn near started sobbing in the theatre at that line

Half the movie was overextended jokes that were awful, and Peter went from being someone inspired by the 80s and using it as a link to his memories on earth to a walking reference.

The Cat Stevens song at the end made me break down like a bitch. My dad died a couple years back so everything involving Yondu and Quill hit like a ton of bricks.

It felt like a good movie that forgot to take out all the deleted scenes.

Attached: animal.png (726x546, 316K)

Their beauty and their style wear kind of smooth after awhile.

It suffers the same problem as John Wick 2. First movie was fun but sequel only recycles fun scenes and gives those scenes a steroid overdoes.

Same reason many people don't like Star Wars: New Hope.