I liked the movie but I really wish Marvel would tone it down with the political agendas. It was distracting

I liked the movie but I really wish Marvel would tone it down with the political agendas. It was distracting.

Attached: 4F12E241-3773-4BF0-A339-448B51AF23CC.jpg (2000x1000, 482K)

Go back to Sup Forums

It's astonishing how the Washington Monument line made Michelle the most popular character in the film, and she's barely in it.

Well she's getting written out next film

I'm just amazed that her stating a somewhat true historical fact(the security guard even corrects her) triggered such a response. Why has our society become so polarized?

1. Russian trolls inciting race division over nothing
2. White guilt from the very side who makes fun of others for it. Think about it, blacks are laughing at a slavery joke while “conservatives” are getting mad over it.

The security guard doesn't correct her, he's agreeing with her.

I just didn't find her that interesting of a character. She's on the movie poster before even Ned, and yet people I run into when I talked about the film gush about her with "She's the best part of the film" and they immediately bring up that line.

After you go back to tumblr.

When the teacher asks him if she was right the guard does a "50/50" hand motion. Slaves were used to pour concrete or whatever for the construction.

>1. Russian trolls inciting race division over nothing

YES THOSE FUCKING RUSSIAN BOTS

Attached: 1456111785492.jpg (350x347, 40K)

I liked how she just showed up at random points to drop a deadpan joke. It was pretty funny.

Not convincing enough Komrade! No vodka for you!

>IT WAS HER TURN

Much better. Vladimir would be proud!

what's funny is people thinking a movie set in a queens high school having lots of non-white characters is 'political'

Like I don’t mean to be a killjoy but even if these Russian-linked blogs are actually from Russian bot farms I see now way in which Tumblr’s response won’t rapidly cause more problems. In all likelihood, Tumblr are going to start expanding their definition of “Russian propaganda” as the public fervor to do something about a perceived problem increases. And then, inevitably, they’ll start going after people who are completely innocent, but of some leftist persuasion that makes them look like the enemy du jour enough for it to be justified in the public eye.

We’ve seen this exact same response to American political anxieties numerous times across our history, but most prominently in the fifties and sixties. I’m just saying, this shit isn’t new, and it isn’t good that we’re not recognizing it while it’s happening.

What's funny is shitskins thinking raceswapping isn't political.

It would be many times easier to believe that certain Tumblr accounts were “linked to Russia” if staff would:

Define “linked.”
Show exactly how, with proper evidence, they arrived to their conclusion that these users were “linked” to Russia.
So far Tumblr has done neither, which is an especially bad look given that most of these bloggers were self-proclaimed black bloggers speaking about racism.

>Everyone who calls out obvious Russian bots is Tumblr

Nice try Boris

>the evidence is from research from jonathan albright of the tow center for digital journalism at columbia university. original article publicizing this before tumblr took any action is on buzzfeed and goes into some of how the users were linked to the ira

It would have been nice to put sources anywhere on their post talking about state-sponsored propaganda, and how they’re giving themselves unlimited power to blacklist blogs they deem propaganda at their discretion with zero accountability.

>everyone who acts like a retarded libshit is tumblr
Pretty much, yes.

Those blogs were banned because their IP addresses were from confirmed Russian troll farms, it has been reported in multiple news outletsIn no way is this comparable to McCarthyism, unless you are agaisnt counter-espionage period. Please, don't try to spin stopping propaganda machines of a far-right, ultra-capitalist imperialistic nation with homophobic autocrat charge as a bad thing.

>Slaves were used to pour concrete or whatever for the construction.
It was the quarry work for the stones used to build it, but you're close.

It is very common to see the more obsessive Hillary stans accuse anyone that questions them of being Russian agents, including journalists like Glenn Greenwald, or even Bernie Sanders himself. A disturbingly high number of liberals also frequently make use of USSR imagery to refer to Russia even though Russia has not even pretended to be communist in almost forty years.

This culminated in an article by Slate, one of the largest liberal-leaning publications, releasing an article that argued that “stoking American racial tensions is a Russian tradition.“ It featured a thumbnail of Facebook’s logo superimposed over a hammer and sickle, and the article itself drawing comparisons to the USSR’s actions during the civil rights movement. Keep in mind that “civil rights activists are working with communists” was a central talking point of the literal goddamned Ku Klux Klan.

If none of these things were happening, then yeah, the Red Scare comparison would be unwarranted. But they are happening, which gives me no reason to trust that liberals will handle their approach to this issue responsibly.

>Mention Russian bots
>Thread gets swarmed with people crying foul

I believe this meme now. We need to stop those commies from destroying our Democracy.

Political agenda?

>All these Russians

Give it up. We’re on to you.

Really?

Liberals: We just want to stop foreign intervention in our elections! RussiaGate isn’t anything like the Red Scare!

Also Liberals:

Attached: tumblr_inline_p66hk9PABD1r09uvv_500.png (500x578, 142K)

This is doubly funny since the movie IS political with Vulture making all sorts of populist/vaguely conservative arguments about how the little guy is getting ignored etc., and how Peter agrees with this enough to decide he doesn't want to be an Avenger after all and that's literally what the movie is About™.

But instead Sup Forums gets mad that a movie set in New York has nonwhite characters in it.