Unsounded

Sette god of the senet beast

Attached: sette hasn't happy since we drowned her mom.jpg (599x900, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/Sette
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck me, casual bombshells being dropped about Sette just willynilly

Knockaboo!

Attached: peeaboo.png (98x58, 14K)

FISH

PUSSY

Huh, the fish girls and storm boys don't seem to be affected by the Silver the way humans are.

>not her in particular
clones saga incoming

No memories for pain to be drawn from?

Makes sense. Senet Beasts have their own self-contained kherts separate from the khert full of bad memories and shit the silver is fueled by.

So many tiny little things in this chapter that are interesting. Why does Minnow make that face when she mutters "Ssael"?

Duane's religion speaks of all lions being slaughtered as some kind of big boblical event. Sette is probably one of those lion gods of something al9ng those lines.

Lore Happening?

Is is causing lore to happen, in my pants.

However it works, it'll be something to keep in mind when time comes to actually face that thing.
Also who's this? Some blonde that got caught up in the scuffle? Anadyne?

What the hell man there are people alive in there?
Maybe, I guess?
This page seems too vague to have any bombshells. Minnow delivered that sick burn to Quigley earlier, and before that she saw Sette playing with the kids. Minnow is as old as the world itself, she must be familiar enough with humans to have noticed Sette isn't feeling happy.

Attached: stage 5.gif (310x760, 24K)

Y'all don't remember the two women that were working with the gang? One was short and stocky and had knockout throwing stars, that were launched from a former slinger. The other was tall and slim and casted.

It's Knock-Me-Down, which means Anadyne is also likely alive for maximum suffering.

I'm really intrigued to see what the silver has made of Anadyne, since she's a wright and all that.

So this is where Rose Quartz was all along

godDAMN IT user

>Duane's religion speaks of all lions being slaughtered as some kind of big boblical event.
If I'm remembering it right, Ssael was killed by lions and then his followers took them on as their symbol like with Christians and the cross.
And in a show of FUCK YOU HEATHEN FAGGOTS, the Gefendur killed all the lions. And also all the other cats. Or something.

Tantalizing suggestions of import, implying much but saying little. Curiouser and curiouser.

Also I continue to be amazed at how astonishingly attractive Minnow is. When a woman can carry herself such that her god damned mane of pubic hair (long enough to make for a respectable beard if you slapped it on someone's face) is just another one of her charming features, then you know you're dealing with inhuman levels of grace and beauty.

She's either a reborn Ssael or Ssael's daughter.

>grace
>can't run more than two feet without falling
>punched a """kid"""

Attached: 1513812112455.png (552x483, 172K)

I can't wait for Minnow to be part of the party. This is going to be so much fun.

>can't run more than two feet without falling
She hadn't quite gotten her land-legs yet.
>punched a """kid"""
...is this anything other than a point in her favor?

She stay on land without dying. Ashley said on tumblr I believe that she will pop in and out of the story. My guess is she will show back up when after alderode.

>not her in particular but we've met before

What?

Whoever that is, they seem remarkably at ease about their situation. They're not desperately trying to reach out and escape, they're just curiously peeking out.

Is Sette Tirna?

Minnow is stacked. And a thot.

I will be extremely excited if, when we eventually see Knock and Anadyne again, they've been warped into madness by the silver.

Reincarnation

Sette is a creation of the khert or something like that, born every now and then for some purpose.

So Sette is Ssael. Intriguing

Not lions specifically

Gefendur, who hold lions sacred

>inhuman levels of grace and beauty.

She's charming, I'll give you that. But...

Attached: so graceful.png (137x145, 50K)

>Knock
>The silver is now a giant metal smoke eel which a bunch of force of nature senet beasts failed to kill
>That weird reaction to Duane saying Ssael
>Knowing Sette from some sort of past incarnation
This page has so much information in it but still nothing at all.

Minnow works in in element.

>"How did you meet Sette, ugly spiderpaw?"

Minnow, please.

Attached: 1401247904329.png (240x240, 135K)

Minnow works just fine in her native element.

She's beauty, she's grace, she punches ageless toddlers in the face.

Hush user. Minnow is precious

I didn't recognize the First Silver immediately. Did it always have leaves and roots like that? I thought it was a Wandering Root of some sort, but checking back, it looks very different still.

No, it didn't used to look like that at all.

>A ton of information
>none of it useful
Fucking cocktease is what it is.

Just like Minnow

It's useful, Duane is just a bit slow on the uptake.

What Minnow just said is that she knows "Sette"; implying that Sette has been around a long time in another form and apparently doesn't remember herself.

So the real Sette is either a senet beast or a god. Duane has already proven she's technically human though, which seems to mean she can only be a human incarnation of a god.

Duane could be in for some rosaries...

Attached: 1463573776755.jpg (600x900, 227K)

Or, Minnow may have just confirmed Ssaelit (and Geffendur) theology about souls being reborn, she recognized someone's previous incarnation.

That last panel...

Attached: z_98a16524.jpg (664x955, 225K)

Why not both?

When Ssael wandered the khert and killed the gods, one of them wasn't there. Because she'd already been banished to the mortal world. Would "banished to the mortal world" imply mortality? Born, die, reborn, repeat; with no memory of each incarnation except maybe some deep rooted unhappiness?

I feel like all that page proves is that she has flesh composed of the same things humans are made of. If you ever read Ash talk about pymary it's all very literal and like programming. The khert doesn't know "human flesh" material it knows the components of blood, bone, hair, fat, muscle, skin, etc. All things Sette would naturally have.

Sette can't be a senet beast, she'd be made of first materials if she was and Duane would easily be able to tell. Whether that means she's Tirna, Ssael, or some sort of weird creature that's special the same way Duane and Murkoph are I don't know. But I think we ascribe that page entirely too much import. It's a caring father figure telling an insecure child that she's human because her body has flesh and bone.

Sette has been stated by her father not to age and there's no way Minnow would be able to identify a previous incarnation of a normal human. She is definitely special. Remember also she was able to free Murkoph from the khert with her hands when a knife failed, Ssael was stated to be able to do similar things.

According to Ssaelit theology Ssael spared Tirna when he killed the other gods as she'd come to love and understand humanity in her time in exile.

>Sette can't be a senet beast, she'd be made of first materials if she was
I know. That's why I said she can only be the human incarnation of a god.

And we probably already have a clue which god.

In her bio:

>>the reckless goddess, the child, who is closer to mankind than any of the other gods. She is considered an "imperfect deity", an aberration
>>Banished eternally to the mortal world to pay for her mortal caprice of ill temper

It reminds me a bit of Flute/Danae/Aphrael in David Eddings-land.

She's even has the feet.

Attached: ch03_47.jpg (600x900, 239K)

Hmm. Ashley did once say that Sette's name was odd even for a sharte.

Doesn't contradict what I said.

Also could be Ssael didn't find her and just said he let her off.

You're assuming that the Ssaelit are right, and Ssael did walk the khert. Could be a Jesus situation, where he was a real historical figure, but his divinity was invented by his followers after his death.

Not saying this is true either, just saying we should look at the religions as a inherently flawed human system, instead of the absolute truth.

More interestingly Minnow knows Sette by the name Sette, not by recognizing her and not by some other name. If Sette is Tirna or something like that then why has she apparently kept the name Sette all these years? And Sette herself doesn't know about this at all, again why?

Ashley said on tumblr that Minnow once spoke Tainish, could Sette have meant something that's been lost to time since then?

This pleases my dong

I'm not really assuming they are right at all, and Ashley has already hinted at various characters being unreliable narrators.

But forget the Ssaelit for a moment. The other religion has it that one god is wandering around in the land of mortals, whether or not the other three twins are alive or dead.

Duane said her name in the previous panel. minnow didn't say she knew her by the name "Sette" at all.

Man the art style has evolved a fair amount even since like 3 chapters ago

How would the name Sette mean anything to her for her to know she knew her in some fashion then? Yes she didn't know our Sette, but somehow she's realized she knew her in a past incarnation from that name and Ssael being mentioned alone. Something about it is special.

She recognised "her". And from what she said about "she's never been happy" it sounds like she's seen her in more than just one past incarnation.

I don't read anything in what Minnow said there as putting any kind of import on the name "Sette". Not saying Sette hasn't used the name before, but Duane said it before Minnow. She didn't necessarily even know it until he did.

my first thought was she was talking about Sette's race, and messing up the language. but then she immediately goes into specifics about Sette. So Sette is definitively either a magic Khert reincarnation baby, or some wandering amnesiac wild child that stumbles from Da to Da breaking hearts and burning cities

She could be some sort of reincarnating entity, like the Avatar

Duane said it first but it seemed like Minnow recognized the name, I feel like that is important.
She's met "Sette" before, but not this specific Sette or version of Sette. "Sette" has always been female but never happy. She's also been around for some time. We know our Sette is at least technically human- that much has been confirmed. My guess is she's more of a reincarnating...thing? It seemed as though Minnow connected the name Ssael and Sette somehow.

it's a blue herring, she's just wondering how a Ssaelit came to accompany a Sharteshane street-rat the type she's seen countless times before while living in the salt

I still don't think there's anything about the name being important there, but we'll see.

My money is on the wild child goddess, banished to mortality, who doesn't remember she's a goddess. She even unknowingly name dropped herself in the page I posted here

red herring user

>It seemed as though Minnow connected the name Ssael and Sette somehow.
What if Sette is the lovechild of Ssael and Titty bird. But Settes memories keep getting pulled into the khert because she's half mortal. So with Tittybird stuck in the Khert and Sael dead, Titty bird is conspiring to make Sette a dad who will stay with her forever, and make her happy.

Attached: diorama.jpg (800x464, 135K)

Is Ashley a David Eddings fan?

No, Lady Blacktongue knew Ssael. The myth might be wrong but he definitely walked the khert.

No idea. But a lot of people our age grew up on his books.

If she's reincarnating, who else is she likely to be but Tirna?

Just wanna point out the Sette = Tirna theory has been on the go since 2013 at least

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/Sette Tirna/order/asc/

Cool. I like it when people share my speculations.

I'd put the Tirna theory in the same bracket as Jon Snow's real parentage if it ends up being true. That is, it's a cool idea and makes perfect narrative sense, and guessing it early doesn't really diminish it.

Lady I is an unreliable narrator. She has ulterior motives that we can only guess at right now. Who's to say she wasn't lying to get on Duane's good side. She also called him a "paper god" implying that his holiness is only in scripture and not reality. I also don't recall her saying she knew him? I don't trust anything Lady I says anyhow.

Also, she could "know" him just be seeing his memories or memories of him in the khert.

Sette doesn't trust her either, and I trust Sette's judgement.

Attached: ch11_21.jpg (600x900, 281K)

Senet beasts see time nonlinearly in the same way that the khert does.
Minnow doesn't know Sette but she will know her.

Read this and the next page with the Tirna theory in mind.

It makes it seem like she has learned the lesson her banishment was supposed to teach her.

Not sure if Knock will be too adversely affected. She seems like the kind of gal who would be able to make it through that shit show just to help her best friend. We've seen Knock and Ana both go through similar shit, but Knock seemed to handle it better when we last saw them. That, or she was still riding a massive drug high.

Ana on the other hand, she's probably going through some serious shit right now. What's worse is that Knock might be the only thing keeping Ana alive, rather than dying to despair or whatnot. Ana suffers, Knock keeps her just barely stable, and the silver feeds on glorious suffering.

I doubt the Gefendur gods as described exist or existed and Tirna walking the world is inspired by Lady I when she was still outside of the khert. But there is some force behind the khert, Sette and Murkph.

Well, she said this to Duane. On another occasion she said men invent paper gods. I doubt she can be so readily believed.

A program is evidence for a programmer. The Khert literally has to be artificially designed, there's no argument it just simply was. Everyone seems to agree there were Gods of some type at some point, with the Khert and Senet Beasts as evidence of the creation process.

Didn't that one crazy asshole the Lady is trying to restore mention him too? Granted insanity isn't by nature trustworthy, but when it was the two of them talking there was no reason to outright lie.

That's creationist logic. But even if there really was a creator noone knows if it really where the Gefendur gods as described, and I think Lady I is just telling Duane what he wants to hear.

There's no fucking Khert in our Universe. If there was, Creationist logic would be completely valid because it's direct evidence.

How so? Prove to me that it was designed by an intelligent being.

The argument is still made, right? It's the 'Watchmaker' argument.

There was one major thing I wanted to touch on, last thread, but it was archived before I got the chance. The captive waterwomen.

Now, all senet beasts are comprised of first material, right? Which is super duper important in this world as it acts like their Phlebotinum, needed for advanced trinkets and gizmos, as well as having the special property of being (normally) unspellable on.

Now, certain types of first materials are obviously more important than others. Silver, brass, any metal really, due to their malleable and ductile nature. First silk, made by special silk-worms are also widely used, and are one of the few naturally replenishable first materials. There is also some background info on Salt senet beasts, the salt lizards the two-toes worship; which are similarly able to replenish its salt scales by eating salt water.

This brings up the question I've been wondering for a while now. Does first water have any practical use? You can't scribe it at all, even less than salt, so using it to make pyrmics seems impossible. Unless freezing it into first-ice still retains the same properties. If it turns out first water or first ice does have some special use, then first water is probably the easiest first material to produce.
For any of you who played dwarf fortress, you may remember the 'mermaid farms'. Basically mermaid bones of all things were super valuable, and as such, some people made elaborate spawning and drowning chambers in their fortresses. Breed baby mermaids, air drown them, reap the shiny harvest. In a similar vein, you could harvest water women for a niche first material. Leave them in a vat of mundane water to regenerate in, lift them out of it, cut off an arm or leg, put that limb in a separate vat, then drop them back into the normal water, rinse repeat.

Or the gefendur just want to keep water women in pins for more religious reasons, since this is a shrine. A shrine with the capabilities of making giant ass mechs though.

It's been through iterative processes of improvement, which are acknowledged as being artificial and not natural.

It is still made, but it's a stronger argument in the Unsounded universe. It's not just flat out wrong no matter the setting because it's a weak argument for us.

If this turns out to be true I'll applaud you senpai.

If Ssael 'killed' the gods by stripping divinity from them, then there may be well be a Riv, Baelar and Yerta lurking around as well as a Tirna. Although Tirna is the only one specifically called out as being made mortal.

Just want to draw to attention that Sette isn't the only lion-marked possibly immortal creature we've seen either.

How do we know? Scripture says so. Time apparently didn't exist before the "second world" started.

One other thing on top of that, that I wanted to know if anyone had the answer to.

Is a Khert Faraday Cage technically possible?

Basic idea is, take an volume, and completely surround it by a layer of first material. Since a first materials' internal khert can't be touched by the global khert, would this space technically be cut off from the global khert, and form its own little isolated khert system? Would it also be completely unaffected by spells or other various khert-related disasters like the burning khert from the gossamer trap?

Or, since the khert is some sort of 4th dimensional magic, would the enclosed space still technically be a part of the global khert, since it was at one point in the past, and probably in the future, *not* enclosed, and therefor always tied to the global khert it in some way.

To tie in my past idea of harvesting waterwoman. Make a khert thermos. Take two layers of mundane metal and mold them into a container, with a small air gap between the two layers of metal. Then pour all the first-water into the airgap, making a complete envelope of first material between the inside of the thermos and outside.
It wouldn't be that useful as a defensive measure, since the mundane shell could still be casted on or ruptured. But as a research opportunity to make relatively cheap Khert Faraday Cages to study in, I could see it having some niche applications.

I loved mermaid farms.

Also there is another senet beast that produces replenishable first materials: the cluster mouths of Goodbye Island.

>There's no fucking Khert in our Universe.

There are plenty of mechanisms that resemble programs, though.

Time is non-linear in the Khert. It literally contains the entire range of possibility in the entire World, your argument is basically 'absence of the evidence that I demand to be there is evidence of absence.'

You're the one being an atheist in a fictional fantasy setting. YOU prove YOUR claims.

I always imagined Juste to just be such a thing.

No, I am saying, absence of evidence gives me no good reason to believe you.

I actually think it will turn out in-story that something created the khert. I just think that the humans of Kasslyne have no good reason to believe so except religious stories.