ITT: Americans discuss the election

ITT: Americans discuss the election

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-30/north-carolina-is-the-real-bellwether-state
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hillary is a losing loser that lost. BIGLY.

Hillary's team of feminist minorities failed to gain the support of the evil white male.

I guarantee that if Trump called for a recount in NH, he would've won it.

CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP

It's the rural/urban and white/non-white divide. It's inevitable that Florida/NC will turn into solid blue states and the midwest will turn solid red, it's just fortunate for the GOP that the latter happened first.

So what you're saying is that, between increasing urbanisation and the movement of likely Dems from the Midwest and California to the Sun Belt, the battleground map is gonna end up looking like this?

They've already said this, but basically, rural voters showed in force to protest policies aimed at disrupting and uprooting their culture, and some minorities wizened up to the fact that the Dems have come full circle and are now so PC they've become racist and sexist in the effort to prove they aren't racist and sexist. Identity politics shot the left in the foot and they lost. On top of that they have basically become racist by saying hating illegal immigration means you hate Hispanics, i.e. all Hispanics are illegals. Which is why 33% of Hispanics voted for him. Add in that more blacks voted right this election than last because they are tired of the actions of the few reflecting on the many.

>It's inevitable that Florida/NC
I dispute Florida. I don't see what forces are in play that haven't been in the 16 years since Bush just barely won Florida
As for NC, I prefer you not remind me ;_;

>More blacks voted Trump this election

I think that's not quite getting at the reason for the way they voted.

Yes, as a proportion of voters, more black voters went Trump than Clinton this year than voters went Romeny versus Obama in 2012. But I don't think the black population as a whole has become any more anti-Dem.

Rather, I believe that since black turnout as a whole was down this year, and Republicans tend to be more motivated voters than Democrats, that the total number of blacks who voted Republican this year is no different to the total number from 2012 - it's just that a lot of Dem-leaning blacks got lazy and didn't vote at all, altering the ratio.

If the Dems nominate someone who's high-energy in 2020, Trump will face the same kind of uphill battle in black neighbourhoods that Romney faced in 2012.

That goes back to my other point in which, how can you vote Republican? You're black, blacks are supposed to vote Dem. Seriously, with that kind of bullshit on their side I don't know how the fuck the Dems lost. I mean surely generalizing an entire race of people based on their skin color can't be considered racist can it?

I think the map by county tells a better story than by state

Trump will get a successful incumbent boost and keep them red for sure, but I think they're still leaning red for another cycle. Voter ID helps a ton.

I really want to see what would happen to the electoral map if voter ID laws were put in place in every state

That's a fake map, where'd you find it?

>Be Obama
>Get elected
>Force super unpopular bill that never pans out
>Re-elected
>Lose your majority
>Start just writing the laws yourself
>Immigration executive actions
>Gun Control executive actions
>Gay marriage in blatant judicial legislation
A banana with a GOP sticker on it would have beaten Clinton.

NM is a swing state at that point, NJ is in play and NV/CO are both reliably red. Most of the other states without it are too far gone for it to make a difference.

Checked. PRAISE KEK!

I doubt that NJ would be in play. I think most Mexicans who manage make it that far north would be children or grandchildren

so the weed legalization has nothing to do with blueness?

Didn't you get the memo that PoC aren't evolved enough to go down to the DMV and get their photo taken?

It relates to it sure, but fucking Alaska legalized weed too.

GTFO AMERICANS ONLY RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alaska is more of a Libertarian red state than a Christian Conservative red state.

I bet if you had a Democrat from the party's Libertarian wing versus a Cruz-style Christian conservative, Alaska could be a swing state.

BUT THEY WORK AT THE DMV

I don't think voter ID laws would depress black turnout by much. If a legal citizen is too lazy to get photo ID they're too lazy to vote. I think the big problems for Dems would be in places like Nevada where currently they go into shitty Meixcan neighborhoods, load buses full of illegals, and haul them to the polls in loads.
Harry Reid can burn in hell.

2012 election county map

im not american and i dont wanna discuss this topic

Do you think the democrats will get smart for 2020 and start nominating people who aren't neo-liberal faggots, or will they do something stupid and pick Biden or Michele Obama?

Better map

But don't they all work at the DMV?

But seriously though if the Poo in Loos can get all of their voters IDs I don't see why it should be so hard for our country to do it.

Quick historical aside
How the hell did this happen?

>74 point difference
>just you wait drumpfkins

Kek

Give us Greenland first.

no

FUCKING REEEEEEEEE GET OUT

>More Americans voted for Madame President than Lord Cheeto.

ross perot

Then I think you may be in the wrong thread, friendo.

please... You don't want to see us when we manifest destiny.

There's no need to be upset.

Ross perot plus a weak economy. Bush Sr went from 90 % approval to losing the election in 18 months. Pretty colossal collapse

you can have greenland when were dead

I know it's not 2012, San Diego and SB didn't go red.

>mfw Sup Forums doesn't realize that the E.C. is going to do its intended job and not elect an incompetent president.

AMERICAN THREAD FOR AMERICANS! YOUR KIND ISN'T WELCOME HERE!

trump won xD

I see your doubles, and raise you triples

>Democrat from the party's Libertarian wing
lol, such an animal doesn't exist

and don't fucking say Tulsi Gabbard

Yes but more white Americans voted for Trump so what's your point?

By the way, more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than Donald J. Trump :^)

Too bad they were competing for the electoral vote, not 3 million tacos in southern California

Nothing to discuss.
Its done.
Hitlery lost.

KEK WILLS IT! LEAVE!

The E.C. doesn't vote till December, they can refuse to vote for Trump and give the presidency to Clinton. The E.C. was created to prevent the American people from electing somebody not fit for the highest office.

I can't wait for Sup Forums's meltdown this December.

no

Hillary's not going to get elected you idiot. There's only one election and Trump won it.

>Implying the electoral college doesn't exist

>Bush won with -.5 Popular vote and +4 electoral college
>Trump won with -1.25 of the popular vote and fucking +74 electoral college
it's like pottery

>they can refuse to vote for Trump and give the presidency to Clinton
Which would cause civil war.

Not necessarily. NC and FL have both gotten steadily more Republican, and, with Trump's stricter immigration policies, FL is unlikely to reverse that. Georgia is much more likely to turn into a blue state, I think, with a smaller native population, more out-of-staters(making up about 45% of the state's population), and Atlanta being such a massive, liberal city in a state with a comparatively small population.

It's 2000.

Trump won the EC vote, moron.

I don't like your map. I like mine better.

>Implying faggot electors from Colorado are going to convince everyone else to change to Clinton
They might get one or two, there's no way in hell they're going to get 37 electors to change

>Actually believes [current year] America will revolt for anything less than taking away their McBurgers

So beautiful.

The E.C. does not vote until December, you political illiterate

Look at this delucional leaf cuck, hillary already gave her concession speech faggot. But don't worry i'm sure the electors will elect your fat dyke queen (lmao)

>Actually believes [current year] America will change the Electoral College vote for a bunch of whiny fags like yoursef.

yourself*

Ah. Back when California was only ALMOST dead and the PNW wasn't totally cucked.

What's up with those pockets of blue in Idaho/Wyoming/Montana? Indians?

Let's all start using county maps. I like these better.

>Flag so generic I literally have no idea what country you're from.

At least we're memorable :^)

>grasping THIS hard at straws
First of all, faithless electors are quite rare.There's been a grand total of 7 since 1960, and there hasn't been more than one in the same election since 1912, where the Vice Presidential candidate died before the election. 38 electors would need to flip to change the results at all, which absolutely is not going to happen.

>you political illiterate
Says the one who can't read a map.

>at least we're memorable
Yeah , canadians will go down as the biggest faggots in history.

>more electorates voted for Lord Cheeto in an electoral race.

I love smuggies.

>what is population density

>NC and FL have both gotten steadily more Republican
Eh, FL played the same role in 2016 as 2000. It's a bellwether state and swing state true and true.

As for Georgia, you cite a statistic that 45% of Georgians are out of staters. Get this: as of 2016 Out of Staters now constitute a majority in NC. Obama lost in 2008 among people who were born here. Trump improved on Romney's margin from 2012. Source:
>bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-30/north-carolina-is-the-real-bellwether-state
We may narrowly dodge Virginia's fate yet. So will Georgia.

"Well, @realWhateverCountryUrFrom, at least I will go down in history."

BTFO by Obama.

Wealthy liberal resorts and envirocucks iirc

what the fuck is wrong with you guys over there? is there just a fucking leaf den where you shit post all day? are you all chinks? what is it?

lol probably.

I just checked on Wyoming. Teton county went for Clinton +28.

It appears they have less percentage of whites. Not drastically though. They have higher percentage of college educated than many other counties in Wyoming and higher rate of employment compared to others as well.

OR voted for trump dumbfuck

What's there to discuss any more?

This entire country is a shithole filled with liberals regardless.

DHS also pulled aerial surveillance of the border away, I think we're heading for conflict.

Says the one who doesn't know how the electoral college works.

CHECKED AND KEK'D

Shh, bby. No scream, all cummies now.

>there hasn't been more than one in the same election since 1912
Aren't you forgetting 68 or whichever election where the southern Dems defected?

>generalizing an entire race of people based on their skin color can't be considered racist can it
Not unless you consider that race to be inherently superior.
For no other reason than race.

How can Aussies even compete?

>cities blue
>unpopulated areas red
okey dokey

Whatever, user. You will see this December, Kek wills it.