Can someone explain the appeal of these shows...

Can someone explain the appeal of these shows? I hear polarizing things about them and the fact they’re not canon turns me off even more.

Attached: 0C2403C5-302E-4AF9-9800-5EC9EB63CBCB.png (1120x560, 940K)

You watch them and there's people and they do stuff and things happen.

1) Each show is different to the point where you'll watch a few episodes, then decide if you want to continue. The one common theme is that being a Netflix original, they plan out an entire season at once - this leads to more consistency and better payoffs in the plot.

Personally, I think Daredevil and JJ are pretty good. Luke Cage season 1 was alright, but I'm not sure where else they can go while remaining socially relevant.

Is it fucking hard to watch Dardevil S1 yourself instead of asking user who might have different taste than you?

>the appeal
It's not that deep my autistic friend
You can guess the appeal if you really try. Go 'head 'n try...

That being said while we all agree they're ruined by their length, 13 when it would be 6, that's the Netflix model. Rather eyes on 13 weak episodes than 6 strong ones. So I was done after mostly finishing Cage.

Yes

I like Jessica Jones cause I like women protags and also noir PI stuff. Daredevil was cool in season 1 cause it was a nice balance of drama and superhero I thought. Luke Cage was okay, but went pretty political and didn't have him being a hero as much as I felt it should have. Iron Fist exists.

>canon
What are you, gay?

>Is it fucking hard to gamble 13 hours of your life on something you might enjoy?

Daredevil Season 1 and Jessica Jones Season 1 were both really good and showed promise for the street-level MCU but then the rest of it has been mediocre to crappy at best, and they're still riding on the fumes of those first two shows and their potential even though it's clear by now they were the exception and not the rule

Attached: 1462148616738.jpg (7200x5400, 2.92M)

Daredevil Season 1 had a really cool one-take fight scene where someone gets pelted with a microwave oven to the head, it was all downhill from there.

How do you even live user?

>tfw Disney has made it so we'll never get a Moon Knight show on netflix because they want to cuck netflix with their own streaming platform

Attached: 1462205956135.jpg (2048x1152, 1.98M)

I'd argue, based on Defenders, that 10 episodes would be the sweet spot for series like these

Daredevil is the only one actually worth watching both seasons and it teeters in the second half of the second season once the Punisher arc ends.

They mostly are worth watching due to fantastic casting for the antagonists, Kingpin, Cottonmouth and the Purple man are fantastically interpreted by their respective actors. They offset the lack of charisma coming from the rest.

Daredevil is the only one to offer something more than cool villains. Jessica is slow burning yet uncompelling. Cage seems fresh in particular with it's setting and villain, but the lead is a black hole of charisma who seems like he has super hard skin irl since he's so fucking stiff.

Iron Fist is so bad, it's upsetting.

These shows aren't expected to be well crafted, just fun. They mostly are, but Daredevil is the only one I'd recommend under any circumstances.

Attached: 1378173855582.jpg (280x274, 10K)

Theyre canon to each other, they dont need shitty Thanos after credit scenes to get normies to watch the next one.

What else were you planning to spend them on? Is this thread a valuable use of your time?

Yes

>I hear this show is pretty good
>But it may not really happen in the same world as these movies
>I better not watch it

And it's canon anyway

daredevil 1 and 2 is okay.
Luke Cage needed to be half as long
Jessica Jones 1 needed to be edited down to a single 'killgrave gets captured but then escapes' sequence. And 2 is just bland as fuck and can basically be skipped.
Iron Fist is god awful
The Defenders is okay
Punisher is shit.

>the fact they’re not canon turns me off even more.
Get back in your rift, Peterson.

>the fact they’re not canon turns me off even more.
Ah, the autism speaks

You often watch more than 3 or 4 episodes of a show you don't like?

Daredevil season 1 is good. Season 2 is shit but Punisher fanboys will tell you otherwise.
Jessica Jones is trash and I regret every second I wasted on it.
Luke Cage is wasted potential and
I'm not dumb enough to watch another show by Scott Buck so no idea if Iron Fist is really that bad.
Defenders is garbage.
I couldn't find it in me to give a fuck about Punisher so I still didn't finish it. If I wanted a spy thriller, I'd watch Person of Interest instead.

>Purple man
>anything but trash

>own streaming platform

Disney won't have R-rated material on their platform, so it's still possible for a good Moon Knight show on Netflix or other service

Absolutely triggered. Maybe you two should hug and wish the pain away.

>we'll never get a Moon Knight show on netflix
Thank God for that.

>and the fact they’re not canon
you could just say "I don't read comic books, I came here from Sup Forums" and save us a lot of trouble OP

Daredevil Season 1 is good. If someone wants an accurate depiction of the quality of these shows, they should watch JJ and decide how much bleach they need to pour on their eyes

I hate Bendis and his royalty checks-seeking ass so much.

What team would you have allowed Netflix to bring into life if not the Defenders? I think Bendis just caught a lucky break since Disney would never allow a "violent" character to get screentime and other teams like Thunderbolts are tied to the X universe

I don't care about Netflix' shitty version of Defenders. Not like MCU could ever do it justice anyway.
I just think Netflix stuff at least would be better off without Jessica Jones ever existing.

Even if they did, it would be fucking terrible
>Not in costume
>Whole season would probably be in a mental ward
>No Mooncopter

>the fact they’re not canon turns me off even more
I can't imagine the autism level you'd have to be at to decide what TV shows you're watching based on what ties into megablockbuster superhero movies.

Why does it matter?

And Netflix painfully sucks at surreal/horror elements.
I'd rather have Legion guys than anyone under Netflix Marvel.

The appeal is that all of them focus on personal issues that Marvel Comics is best known for which separates them from DC Comics.

DD S1 is great and the best thing to come out of the Marvel Netflix shows. DD S2 was also great... For the first 4 episodes, and then Elektra comes in and the quality takes a plunge.

Jessica Jones S1 is good, but a deeply flawed show. Its padded like crazy and could have worked just fine if it was 7 episodes long instead of 13.

Luke Cage is average and not nearly as political as people make it out to be. Folks that say its anti-white are out of their minds because the show doesn't have the balls to depict a actually racist villain on the show and it doesn't go full BLM until the last part.

Iron Fist is shit.

The Defenders is even worse than Iron Fist.

I haven't seen the Punisher yet, but I avoided watching it because of all the things I heard.

Attached: Spider-Woman-and-Supergirl-by-Leinil-Yu.jpg (864x1189, 363K)

>and could have worked just fine
Nah. It would still be awful.

>Leinil Yu doing smut
well that's news to me

>and the fact they’re not canon turns me off even more.
nothing says casual more than complaining about the canon status of tv shows. I'm sure glad that the old HULK tv show was cannon, or that Capt. America movie from the 90's. or any other tv or movie product in the history of comics.

Punisher is fine- definitely better than LC and JJ

Punisher is shit
>better than JJ
Wow, what an achievement.

Honest question - why did you sit through like 90 hours of programming if you decided that early on it was shit?

Honest question - why are Netflixshitters incapable of not being total faggots?

Damn, that question really triggered you, huh?

>hurr durr triggered
You're only proving my point further, you know.

But they literally aren’t canon.

Not an argument

It would have been shorter at least and cut out all that petty bullshit involving Trinity's love triangle that went nowhere or those motherfucking twins.

>proving my point
but you didn't answer my question ... what kind of point do you have?

>they literally aren’t canon
They're canon to each other. Why do you care about anything else?

is your point that you're easily trigged by simple questions?
>>why sit through something you don't enjoy?
>cause your a faggot that's why

yeah you sure don't seem triggered at all.

Attached: Brain-in-a-trash-can.jpg (426x473, 76K)

^^^this
only thing I'd add is DD s2 is only good until they stop with the punisher and move to the hand. other than that, this pretty much sums it all up

The point is that you should go fuck yourself.
The point is that you're a condescending retard making moronic assumptions out of nowhere and then act like you're being reasonable when people tell you to fuck yourself.
Go fuck yourself and next time don't be a twat. Or kill yourself. Either way no big loss.

being this trigged someone asked a question.

Attached: 1519850627997.png (354x484, 208K)

See Also
>trigged
Learn to spell you fucking moron.
P.S. Nice attempt to save face with hurr
>why sit through something you don't enjoy?
When you know full well that's not what the original question is, you piece of garbage.

>and the fact they’re not canon
that's the thing user, the fags who watch these show think the opposite

Being this retarded you can't even spell.
And yes, you're still proving my point.

>Can someone explain the appeal of these shows?
people were amazed by daredevil s1 (as they should be, because it was a great season) after that it's been downhill and it's basically been denial ever since.

> Each show is different
imagine actually thinking this lmao

>The Defenders is okay
>Punisher is shit
more like the punishman is okay and the defenders is garbo

>we'll never get a Moon Knight show
good, I hope that NEVER happens.

>being so retarded you can't tell you're arguing with two different anons.
Is your point that you're a faggot who cracks at people asking you simple questions?

>The Defenders is okay
it's shit, one of the most disappointing things in capeshit era.
daredevil s2 also needs to be separated, the only good part is the one with the punisher, the second part is dogshit

he's right, punisher was garbage. the show spents half the time frank cucking micro. wow, what a great punisher show! don't even get me started on that detective whore

>not wanting to get double teamed by madani and her mom

Still proving my point that Netflixshitters are insufferable cunts!

man, janitors going hard cleaning up the shitposting in this thread.

Explain to me why people like Fisk.

>Jessica Jones S1 is good
Fuck out of here.

Good. Higher-ups at Marvel Studios have talked about wanting a Moon Knight movie.

it's a bad interpretation of the character, but the show was good so it didn't matter.

the 'i can't answer simple questions' user probably went on a mass reporting spree cause people were rude to him.

this, there is no difference between s1 and s2, both garbage, only s1 has tennant which makes the show a little bit interesting

>n-not muh comics
This is even more annoying than most "but its different from the source material!" autism since the source material for 99% of comics is fucking shit.

Here come the Sup Forumstards.

did they? because the only think I heard gunn was interested, but only that.

Tennant sucked. Both his acting and character.

>the source material for 99% of comics is fucking shit.
love that argument
>I watch capeshit, but comics are still bad amirite my fellow baneposters

Daredevil season 1 is good
Daredevil season 2 and Jessica Jones season 1 are problematic but ok in parts.

The rest are TRASH.

>watch a few eps and don't like it
>"you can't make a judgment about something you barely watched"
>watch the whole thing and confirm you don't like it
>"lol dumbass why would you put yourself through that?"

Reminder that Hellcat is ruined.

then you answer the question. "I thought I would give it a chance because I like the concept or source material or whatever."
not
>you're faggots for asking me a question. I hate you all.

Daredevil and Punisher were the only two shows that I enjoyed from beginning to end. Luke Cage went to shit mid-way through. Iron Fist was terrible from the word go. And Jessica Jones is trite. But that's just my opinion.

Then you learn to ask questions properly without sounding like a twat.
not
>"I'll instantly assume that you hate everything so I could strawman your argument and get all pissy when you tell me to fuck off"
Dipshit.

because she fucked a black guy, or that she's a shit character?

Stop reading fictional attacks in simple questions.

this whole argument started cause you're a thin skinned faggot who couldn't just say "I wanted to give them a chance"

>but...but he didn't phrase it nicely

also
>still thinking that you're only responding to one user.

Netlix sucks, these shows are probably written by people who dislike capeshit but want to stay relevant. AoS and Runaways are better.

>Stop reading fictional attacks
>f you decided that early on it was shit
Yep, no negative implications whatsoever. So, are you a certified retard did you somehow evade psych exaluation?
>you're a thin skinned faggot
>but...but he didn't phrase it nicely
It's amazing how little self-awareness you have.
>I'll act like a cunt
>wahhh why are people not nice to me
Also
>still making assumptions
Just kill yourself. I promise you, no one would be less happy if you die.

>answering questions is hard and I'd rather just tell people to die

>y-you're thin-skinned
>whines the entire thread because he got told to fuck off
Can't make this shit up

>he still thinks there's only one person talking to him
>still mad that he got asked a question

>3 separate anons now telling him he's wrong

Attached: 888.jpg (500x534, 40K)

>retard can't refute anything I said so he just goes "hurr you cahnt answuh muh queshn ;_;"
Truly pathetic.
Yes, Sup Forums is full of braindead morons like you. That's why it's a shit board.
>wrong
Maybe in your dreams.

>Yes, Sup Forums is full of braindead morons like you. That's why it's a shit board.
your lack of self awareness is astounding.

>the retard talks about the lack of self-awareness
Holy shit, the amount of irony here is absolutely hilarious.

>no u

Attached: 1517522393705.png (323x885, 325K)

>retard repeated the "lack of self-awareness" argument after me
>retard whines about "no u"
Just off yourself, you sad little creature. At this point your stupidity stops being funny and becomes simply painful.

out of curiosity, how many times a week do you get warned about shit posting.

they teach people that you can be a hero even if you don't have super powers, the main characters do have super powers but they barely use them thus making the show boring and only watchable for the shipping and adult situations.
tldr: they are soap operas for millenials

Attached: 8386921.jpg (400x400, 80K)