What happenned to this show?

what happenned to this show?

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 14K)

The writers cared more about what they wanted rather than what the audience wanted.

>the writers never actually cared about what the audience wanted

Nothing.

This. It's a great example of a series that's so hellbent on its vision that it's blind to why people are watching the show.

>vision
You give the showrunners too much credit. They improvise everything with storyboards. There's no vision.

The story episodes are actually very heavily overseen by Sugar, there's a good reason she tends to guest board those ones. Even though the art can get fucky, the overall story details are actually kept in pretty strict order. In fact when the show actually sticks to its vision, it's exactly what the audience wants.
The real problem is Sugar letting her boarders off the leash on the non-story-focused episodes, so that they feel like an entirely different show. Fucking Onion Gang felt like it was intended for preschoolers, and do I even need to mention what Zuke was trying to do? This kind of shit isn't the show's vision, it's the boarder's individual visions, and it clashes so hard that the tonal difference is extremely off putting.

I miss Becky's style

I feel like Sugar doesn't get how important consistency and organisation is to a production because she is so consistent and organised as a boarder herself, she thinks everything will work out fine if she just lets the boarders do what they want because she never needed heavy handed direction.

>The real problem is Sugar letting her boarders off the leash on the non-story-focused episodes
maybe the problem is the boarders are shit?

There are way too many reasons to specify.

Attached: horrid height.webm (1600x900, 2.84M)

dont ever speak to me or my steven again

>Hey we got a pretty cute thing going on here, what do we do?
>KILL IT
>KILL IT WITH FIRE
>STEVEN MUST ONLY LOVE CONNIE AND PERIDOT IS NOW GAY AND WHEN CONNIE IS NOT ON SCREEN STEVEM SHOULD BE ATTEMPTING TO REACH HER BY CELLPHONE

Attached: 1486752943268.gif (640x360, 1.75M)

>thinking that the writers would let steven date peridot
Don't even pull a "she's young because she's a new model" shit

do you seriously expect a child and whats suppossed to be a grown woman to get into a reltionship on a cartoon network show?
do you think about these thigs? do you talk about them in public? do you spend any tim at all outside of your computer?

Did I say that they weren't? Sugar's boards stick out like a fucking sore thumb next to theirs, her art is painfully more competent.
If they kept to character models that wouldn't be an issue, but they don't. Show's biggest flaws are a combination of CN's shit treatment of the show and Sugar's lax treatment of her staff.

Why cant rebecca just demand the boarders to stop making only townie shit or fire them if they ignore her? Why do they love the town characters so much
Peridot is not gay, their still is a chance for best ship. Also, why is connie so pushed hard in the show, for most of the series she was a boring quiet bookworm, and then in the dec bomb she becamse a bitch who showed her true colors of only hanging out with steven for the magic hes around, or “magical destiny things” as she constantly shouts like a retarded parakeet. Why cant steven find attraction to the other gems more, and why cant they just writer connie out already?

Attached: 75F59C1A-E964-4406-813F-9C5C1B71292B.jpg (934x855, 105K)

I'd have gone for either this or Steven and Lapis just because the chemistry is good and the potential for interesting relationship plot is undeniable.

As for anons hating on the concept of the ship you apparently are unaware that Ian was totally going for this which is why the Steven Peridot interaction was so strong for the cluster episodes.

>Ian was totally going for this which is why the Steven Peridot interaction was so strong for the cluster episodes.
sauce or bullshit

>you apparently are unaware that Ian was totally going for this which is why the Steven Peridot interaction was so strong for the cluster episodes.
I really want to love ian and his work, but i still cant get over how hard OK KO fell after the first few months.

Nothing really, it's always been mediocre except now it has finally eroded your patience.

He literally changes height IN EVERY. FUCKING. SCENE.

FUCK.