What's Sup Forums's opinion of Y: The Last Man?

What's Sup Forums's opinion of Y: The Last Man?

Attached: CCI05052015_0008_1024x1024.jpg (670x1024, 136K)

Solid comic book. I’d recommend it to people new to the medium

Also, “Tragicomic” is the best issue

Has unironically one of the best ending of all time.
The entire last chapter is amazing.
The road to there was kind of sloppy especially the arc right before Paris.

Peak Vaughan. Interesting setting that draws you in but then you realize the story itself is pretty mundane and does nothing with it. And the ending is shit.

Not unentertaining, but it is flawed.

I am STILL MAD

Setting draws you in, the explanation for it is bullshit, and the ride along the way isn't all that fascinating.

Got mad when an ex recommended it, I talked with her about how much I liked the last page, and she said that she didn't understand the "alas".

Good ending tho

One of my favorite comics ever.

part of the ramp up toward normalizing sjwshit and painting good and decent comics as somehow suspect .... genocide of the american male has been a core value of cultural marxists since marx ..and dont forget marx came from the same place as rothschild and soros.... garrison was right if you dare to listen to a real american cartoonist ..a real man ... daring to speak truth to power.....

what's a good and decent comic

>ending is shit

Issue 60 is a pleb filter

Only reason I know what an ampersand is. That bit of knowledge has never been useful though

comics with a strong moral foundation and message .....there still are some .. alt hero.... classic cartoons from der giftpilz.... mr a ... foreskin man ....now let the postmodernist bleating begin.. you have no argument just pedantry and hate....

Attached: laughing dog.jpg (441x228, 33K)

Monkey shit.

..nice self portrait ....marxist.. while youre libeling strangers on the internet ...ill be pulling a good six figures and teaching my four good kids the bible and shooting..

A lot of people hated the ending.

I never got why exactly they hated the ending?

Y: The Last Man gets a live action adaptation. You are in charge with changing a few things. How do you explain Y 99.99% of the male population suddenly dying?

>didn't answer the main mystery of the book
>355

honestly the theories they threw out were fine to me, just actually commit to one and make it canon instead of the faux intellectual "lol it doesn't matter"

I don't. One of the best parts of the series is just going with all the crazy shit that happens. Also Y gets shit on because people don't read the series and automatically assume it's about my women are better than men. The series is a love letter to learning how important cooperation is. That and losing the love you never thought you had.

>normalizing sjwshit and painting good and decent comics as somehow suspect .... genocide of the american male has been a core value of cultural marxists since marx .

Attached: el doombo.jpg (1200x1011, 141K)

This is some of the best bait I've seen in a decade. Thank you.

It's unironically doesn't. Get over your autism.

Look, there are two types of mysteries. The Sherlock Holmes mystery, and X-Files mystery.

Sherlock Holmes mystery is a big, engaging mystery. It inflames your imagination, as you formulate theories - you are usually given some early clues at the start, and you keep getting more and more, until you can piece together an explanation.

Then we have an X-Files mystery. You start with no clues, and ton of questions. For every clue or answer you get two new questions. Most of the runtime doesn't pertain to the mystery, and it's just there in the background, with a strong air of "we might never know...".
It's rarely build upon, and it's alright if we don't learn an answer by the end.

The problem with Y The Last Man is that it seems to pretend that the whole gendercide thing was a Sherlock Holmes mystery, constantly feeding readers new theories and clues (hell, the first possible explanation is given in FIRST ISSUE, the relic thing!) - but then it denies you the explanation right at the end.

That is a problem. Again, if it played the mystery the way Lost or X-Files does, we wouldn't care about the mystery, because noone PROMISED us a solution in the first place. Both of these shows pretty much say "there might be NO answers" from their respective episode one. Note that both Lost and X-Files DO provide explanations, even though we'd be fine if there were no - while YTLM does the opposite of X-Files, it *promises* us a straight Sherlockian cause-and-effect answer - and then cockblocks us at the very end.

It's bad storytelling.

I love the implication that Marx, a German, would give a shit about American males. Amazing.

>Look, there are two types of mysteries. The Sherlock Holmes mystery, and X-Files mystery.

Attached: 1521314688955.jpg (400x400, 26K)

>comic where the villain is a straw feminist
>"sjw"
I know you're trolling, but shiiiiiit.

I just regret going with sjwshit instead of something more dollar word... like “social justice agitprop” or something. But hey, it’s an improvisational thing.

You’re welcome, and thanks.

Are you seriously so dumb you don't notice the difference in mystery stories that have a definitive conclusion, and the ones that don't?

Are there even any transgender characters in YTLM? And I don't mean crossdressers, straight up transgender FTM men?

How is it faux intellectual to have ambiguity

The garbage lady/super model’s boyfriend was a FTM but he’s never seen cause he was killed by Veronica and Co

If you had a Y-chromosome and weren't Yorick, you died.

How good is HRT?

No, but you gotta act the part. If answer doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter from the start, instead of offering five possible theories and then just. Not confirming any of them.

I mean transgender MEN. FTM. People who are born with XX chromosomes and over course of their lives take testosterone to become manlier.

Because like, it sounds like an obvious plot point to have, in a world of chicks any man would be popular with the ladies even if they didn't have dicks (and of course some straight women would still reject them - now THAT is an interesting examination of sexuality and gender politics), and of course the EVIL FEMINISTS instead of being strawman stereotypes, could actually do what they do in real life - radical feminists who hate transgender people is a real thing.
Currently, the Daughters of the Amazon are fucking moronic - they hate men BUT THERE IS NO MEN ANYMORE. So they have nothing to hate. This is comparable to a setting where all black people magically vanish, so suddenly KKK becomes a giant organization dedicated to wiping out those nonexistent black people.

But if they primarily hunted down transmasculine people, that would actually MAKE SENSE.

On one hand I'm not surprised. On the other hand, one character that is killed offscreen is STILL exceeding my expectations.

That happens quite a bit for them. The Amazons eventually lose old world symbols and start hunting new ones.

One of the plot points did have women who acted like men as prostitutes. one of them gets murdered by the feminists because she was acting like a man.

Wasn't that just a crossdressing hooker with a strap on and a fake beard?

Meh, gendercide stories and any story that is about gender at it's core kinda disgusts me.