Toei dedicating an entire department to Dragonball is the equivalent of Disney dedicating an entire department to what?

Toei dedicating an entire department to Dragonball is the equivalent of Disney dedicating an entire department to what?

Attached: Latest-2-0.jpg (720x405, 40K)

Dragonball?

F R O Z E N

Wreck It Ralph and Frozen sequels.

Yeah. Dragon Ball has it's own department at Toei and Shueisha. It's kind of a big deal...ye ain't heard?

and yet another veiled ''muh anime is superior to muh cartoons cuz I'm a virgin weaboo'' thread

Disney Princesses

Well no. Batman has his own shit at DC, right? I'm sure Spider...never mind. Marvel doesn't care about Spider-Man

Why do retarded DB fanboys feel the need to talk about their shitty series on boards other than Sup Forums? Seriously anytime something new happens you faggot go shitposting to Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums etc

OP is asking a legit question and all you've got is these pathetic response?

Anime turns beta cucks into traps.

OP Here.

Anime superior to cartoons? That's an incorrect statement. I just wanted a comp.

Obviously Mickey Mouse and the characters related to him.

Are you implying Sup Forums users are some kind of chads?

Amazing meme. 10/10.

Well actually I meant the equivalent would be Disney opening up and entire department to Dragonball

crossover when?

Attached: director of frozen.jpg (500x418, 101K)

This, starting threads with Dragon Ball shit, or My Hero Academy shit should be banned.

>Well actually I meant the equivalent would be Disney opening up and entire department to Dragonball

Every Disney franchaise has their own team.

They don't need to create a new ''studio'' because their animation is not incompetent bullshit like the things that TOEI make.

>because their animation is not incompetent bullshit like the things that TOEI make.

This, the new Sailor Moon anime was shit and One Piece always look like if it was animated by a chinese studio.

No matter how many 30 second webms you autists post, you know is the truth.

Department does not equal studio, and Toei does not equal Dragon Ball.

In Wreck it Ralph 2. Google it.

If we're talking shows, Phineas and Ferb. If just the films, Frozen.

>Department does not equal studio

3 animators in a room can be considered a studio, so its a moot point to argue.

i think right now dragon ball is more popular and has more to be milked out of than any single franchise disney has

especially considering they've hurt star wars so badly with their garbage movies

Having a department focused on Dragon Ball does not necessarily have anything to do with animation.

Not the user you're replying to but if that's the case, then Disney TOTALLY has departments dedicating to their properties...
...marketing and advertising departments.

>>God I hate East vs West threads.

>Having a department focused on Dragon Ball does not necessarily have anything to do with animation.

So is even less Sup Forums relevant? What an useless thread then.

Sup Forums isn't exclusively about animation.

Disney doesn't operate on having a spearhead they sharpen incessantly, in fact by creating a Disney Princess line, by having as much visible merch variety, that's how they get into as many pockets as possible. Some princesses are more popular or lucrative than others, but having most if not all there on the shelf keeps odds of a sale happening just by chance. Hell the most popular thing from Disney you could think of would never have happened if Disney didn't operate precisely on the principle of keep moving forward while sailing over what worked before. Some stuff didn't do so well, but eventually something clicked.

The thing is Disney has the people, the money and connections to play that kind of game, I'm not a fan of the methods of how DB has been handled along with other things that get pimped out regularly like Eva, but I sort of get it, the studios don't have the clout to do otherwise and have to stay afloat in a competitive market where the next anime could steal all your thunder in a few minutes. You've got to keep your fanbases' attention.

But it's a self-defeating philosophy because the deeper your dig yourself into the hole to strike whatever oil reserves are left in something, the harder it gets to climb out and do other things. Quality deterioration starts to happen somewhere to keep things running.

>Sup Forums isn't exclusively about animation.

Is also about comic books and I bet that the studio thing that you were talking about is not about manga either.

>I sort of get it, the studios don't have the clout to do otherwise and have to stay afloat in a competitive market where the next anime could steal all your thunder in a few minutes
>the deeper your dig yourself into the hole to strike whatever oil reserves are left in something, the harder it gets to climb out and do other things
Toei is a huge entity that predates what we would consider the anime industry, and they produce One Piece and Precure too (and Sailor Moon). They also do a lot of other lesser known things.

The business side of animation and comics is relevant to Sup Forums. Why are we talking about this?

>Why are we talking about this?

I don't know, some retard weaboo wanting to talk about advertisement and meetings instead of comics and cartoons.

Worst part is that they already answered his question with a yes, Disney has tons of departments in charge of that stuff for every single one of their franchaises.

Star Wars

I mean Christ, what else would fill that role for them?