Sup Forums, should I move to Wyoming?

Sup Forums, should I move to Wyoming?

Its politics seem like something I can get on board with, and as I grew up in the countryside of Queensland here in Australia, its population density and small-town-identity seem like something I could get along with, and I like the idea of the bigger states getting butthurt over my disproportionate individual voting power if I were to get citizenship.

Main concern would be getting a jerb. Any demand for engineers out in the Equality State? And how long would it take for me to get fully naturalised and get the right to vote, assuming I can jump through all the hoops? Also, is it likely to get flooded with Californians any time soon, like Nevada, Texas and Colorado?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canyon_de_Chelly_National_Monument
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The whole place is a time bomb, it sits on the biggest volcano in this end of the known galaxy.

>legally moving to the us

see you in 30 years

Enjoy dying when Yellowstone errupts

It's pretty full there mate.

Aussie soft cunts would die in their first Wyoming winter

My wife and I have been there a few times. She's Aussie from Boronia we met overseas.

We travel a lot. Wyoming is a favorite and it's a great jump off point for so much.

This is from the first time I traveled through.

Shit like that is the best part of traveling out west.

I was in Utah a while back and in the middle of nowhere all of a sudden there's a dusty old Shelby sitting nicely down at the bottom of cliff.
>wtf m8

Yeah some of the stuff you find is awesome. I fuckin love America.

Valley of the Gods is something special.

Leave all your home politics at home, Lean basic economics and how our government works at a basic level, understand our constitution, what it is and why it was made.

There , now you are a model U.S. citizen and more informed that 75% of the population

Fuck off we're full

Oi americans, what are some of the better hiking locations that aren't Zion / Tourist Traps.

I like solitary walks where i just never see another human all day and do them all the time here, but every time i see footage from an American National Park its fucking packed with people.

Also how varied are your camping rules from state to state, will i be fined out the dick for not camping in specific areas and shit.

Canyon de Chelly in Arizona is bretty gud, and practically empty especially compared to the Grand Canyon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canyon_de_Chelly_National_Monument

It is windy all the time in Wyoming. It ruins everything.

avoid national parks, they're infested with tourists. Mostly whites and Asians which is nice, but still tons of people.

State parks generally have fewer people, and of course there's plenty of backcountry hiking where you'll rarely see people in states surrounding Montana

Pick just about any national park out West and it's hard to go wrong. The big name ones will be thronged during the wrong time of year but still be worth it anyway. If you do smaller ones, plan on either hitting up more than one or spending a few days camping or backpacking for the fun of it.

Camping rules do vary by state when it comes to use of public land IIRC. So look into target areas first if you're not going to use one of the many public or private designated camping areas. State parks have less amazing things to see, but more room for just chilling around in the woods.

>moving to Wyoming for any reason but to retire

Unless you luck out and somehow manage to acquire a well-paying job, don't.

That's a fucking huge magma chamber holy shit

Holy shit balls this. I blow right through them.

Get big tires the whole country is a park.

What do you mean when you say 'backcountry' because honestly 9/10 times i go hiking in Australia it's on private property or in places i shouldn't be, but i feel like i'm statistically far more likely to be shot doing that in America.

If you do it properly you'll be the only human around for a thousand miles.

Well you'd want to stay out of designated hunting grounds for sure. Most of the US people won't even ever know you were on their land. But there are regions where people wouldn't take kindly to you being there, although it damn near never happens to get shot on sight unless you missed the signs and wandered into a secret military research base or something.

If you're really worried stick to designated areas until you get the feel for just how empty many parts are.

Also, can i get a temporary gun if i'm in grizzly / cougar country? Or is it pretty much a non-issue when they're hibernating.

muh dick.

nah you won't get shot. You won't even see anybody.

however it depends on the state and whatnot, but in the west, there is absolutely tons of land that are national forest service land that you can visit and nobody lives on. This is where you'll find vast, nearly empty lands.

Sounds good. I think i've got a skewed view since all i ever see is National Parks footage teeming with people.

Like half of your country has

Gun laws vary by state. You could get one from a private sale, but you'd want to check the laws as to what you might be up against if you were found or had to use one.

I've only come across black bears, and basically the rule is you lock up your food and waste in bear-proof containers and stay out of their way if you come across them, and just wait it out.

Bears are actually more dangerous when there supposed to be hibernating. If a bear is still awake and wandering around during hibernation period it means that the bear was unable to find enough food so its hungry and its most likely starting to get desperate.

I live in Alaska. I took this today while out hiking. Stay the fuck away from here cause you spell neighbor wrong and it pisses me off.

Also, the bob marshall wilderness area in Montana is a great spot if you're looking to get away from the crowds. You can get up in there with absolutely crystal clear lakes, streams and all that stuff.

Right nearby on the right hand of the pic is where the Rocky Mountains start, so you can drive over and see the foothills with a short drive

Glacier national park is right there as well, so if you do want to see what a park looks like, there's that option as well.

How often does that occur though? Is 1 hungry bear more dangerous than 100s of normal bears? How likely is it to encounter a bear during supposed hibernation.

I think i'm more worried about cougars to be honest, i at least have hope to outrun a bear.

> Boreal Forests

Kek, you can keep em.

Seems like Montana is the go to state for less popular but still good landscapes and shit.

The prettiest girl I ever saw was in Cheyenne. It was a long time ago but she might still be there. I say go for it, OP.

Western Wyoming, Utah, Montana, Nevada, Northern California are all pretty amazing. That'll give you a big spectrum of landscapes as well -- it's part of what makes road trips here so special because you just couldn't ever hope to see all that on foot or in the air.

Also if you do happen to wind up near a national park you might like to check out, the key is to get there as soon as it opens. No people + dat sunlight angle.

Oh no doubt i'm going to be going to as many national parks as possible, even though i hate people it's a waste to fly all the way to America and not see them, just looking for a little extra.

Be sure to try chatting up the park rangers if you come across them. They tend to be a brilliant mix of nerdy and cool with plenty of stories and insights to share when they find an audience that shares similar interests.

this.

It's colder than a mutherfucker and the wind blows everything standing away.

die

What part of Alaska?

Yes, now fuck off Ameriboo. Your parents were probably GI rape babies anyway.

Normal bears are far less dangerous than hungry bears and will be more than happy to leave you alone if you give them enough space and leave them be.
Also don't run from them if you encounter them cause that will make them chase you and they are actually rather fast.