Why do tech companies offices look like day cares?

Why do tech companies offices look like day cares?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products
nenadseo.com/the-contemporary-conformist/
glassdoor.com/Salary/Google-Software-Engineer-Salaries-E9079_D_KO7,24.htm
glassdoor.com/Salary/Google-Senior-Software-Engineer-Salaries-E9079_D_KO7,31.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bc their employees are millennial garbage who have the emotional development of children

Never thought of it that way before but damn son you are right.

this
jesus christ

millennials are literal babies

Why do I feel like it was a women who was behind the aesthetic design?

Increasing comfort levels increases productivity

This guy gets it

because they are full of manchildren

I second that.

Because sitting in front of a screen coding for 10+ hours a day in a dark room for months isn't a good idea.

>spotted oak planks and colorful pillows

u literally cannot make this shit up

Because techies are overgrown children

>if you don't wear a gray suit to work and sit in a cubicle you are a child

Having been to their headquarters, I can say that many, if not most of their offices look like normal offices (albeit open offices).

No idea where these colorful rooms are, but I seriously doubt that's where most people are spending their time working.

because what the fuck else would you trust a woman to do in a tech firm??

>Being this jealous of high starting salaries
>Being this jealous of people more successful than you

Because Millennials have been raised to be perpetual children.

Microsoft Headquarters office
>DUDE SLIDES LMAO
This is an employment office, not a fucking McDonalds Playplace

How does it feel that literal children make more money than you?

They're young guys who got rich too fast, so they spend it in stupid childish stuff.

Tech isn't uniform other than being mostly white and mostly male. I don't know why the coastal / start-up firms are magnets for liberal pussies.

At least in my experience, the .NET world is the closest thing to your dad's white collar office tech job, doubly so in DoD contracting. I fucking hate this sector but I feel stuck because liberals make me sick and the security clearance mean's I can't get poo'd.

>I can't get poo'd.
U wot m8?

Be advised that 100k in San Francisco for an 80 hour work week is functional serfdom.

It's because they expect their employees to work insanely long hours so they make places for employees to relax for a few minutes in their twelve hour days

>Implying money buys class
You can suck a dick a day for a million dollars but you'd still be a gigantic faggot.

>could take the stairs down or the slide down
slide is faster

They want their office to look like the happy memories employees had children.
Before they were bullied in high school.

Google only has a small office in San Francisco. Most employees do not work there, nor do they work 80 hours a week. You are thinking of startups.

they want you working there 24/7

I'm a software developer. The children playpen style offices are on the way out, and only a very few startups are like that anyway.

I work from home and I expect that will be the norm in a decade or so.

Silicon valley needs to be cleansed with fire.

It's to make them less depressed about the amount of fucking work they have to do to stay competitive in such a volatile hiring environment, especially the shitty interns.

you guys are retarded. it's a labor strategy.

childish decor --> returns staff to childlike levels

note: staff are smarter than u, so what happens is:

--> staff are, like children, imaginative, unstressed --> staff come up with better ideas in a less stressful work-environment (that is usually very high-stress. imagine working with the overhead and personnel that these fuckers work with. lots of pressure to succeed.)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products

cant be replaced by pajeet

Fpbp

Because we make a big fucking deal if it isn't as comfy as possible

We also get paid 200+ k a year so eat shit faggots

This.

I work in a large tech company. I also work on a quickly growing product. Being asked to deliver something that's never been done before, at a scale never been done before, and under a tight deadline so some CEO can brag about it at a conference, all while ensuring it doesn't break and keep your colleagues up for a week straight trying to troubleshoot it while being screamed at by customer account managers...is stressful.

where do you work? how many hours a week do you work?

Not even 1% of techies make over $200K.
Our programming leads top out at $140K and only the Partners and Fellows make more.
Average is around $80K and Pajeet and Gupta to do it for about half.

>t, Microsoft supervisor/adult daycare daddy

fpbp

Although the engineers that work at companies like these are very intelligent, they are just pathetic to look at desu.

And to think we went from this type of REAL work to keyboard warriors with muh algorithms

Hope you are saving that money for when you burnout at 29 and ageism replaces you.

Post a timestamped picture of your ID badge. You won't because you're lying. Entry level engineers right out of college start at 100k in salary alone, and 150k including stocks and bonuses.

Agreed, it's not that we're jealous for how much money they make. They still act like children.

Thats not really comparable. Computers are, however, destroying the last vestiges of smokestack industry employment, with robots, and most who work with their hands are unlikely to retrain to do shit like programming.

>implying monetary income is relevant to maturity level

Well... thank god we have a billionaire for a president now. By this logic he should be the most responsible and mature president we've ever had.

>exposed HVAC ducts
I will never understand why people think this looks cool. If you are in a loft in a 150 year old gentrified warehouse then I suppose it can be forgiven, but this is most likely new construction. They probably spend at least a million dollars building this but they couldn't finish the fucking ceiling. Aesthetics aside, exposed ductwork is going to be inherently noisier.

There are niggers playing sports who have IQ levels on par with chimps that are making tens of millions every year. There will always be "unworthies" acquiring more wealth than those who deserve it. That doesn't make them not garbage.

ITT: rednecks butt hurt that they aren't part of one of the industries that actually makes the US still competitive in the world.

Sorry your welding skills just aren't that special anymore

fpbp

>ultrawides
at least google got one thing right

no wonder "flat" user interfaces look like they were drawn by children

No floating ceiling makes running wiring much, much easier-just toss your latest cable into a raceway.

i make 250K total comp. 150K in salary, another 100K in stock

but I'm leaving because it's brutally stressful and affecting my health. with a high salary comes the expectation that they own you 100%.

this

I don't give a fuck because it's a smart idea.

If my workplace is really inviting, then I'm less likely to get burnt out by staying there.

Google HQ is so nice that people want to live there, and I don't blame them.

No they don't you fucking idiot. You might get that if you get into a company with Jewish nepotism like I did but american techies dont get paid shit, and most goes to taxes. Not to mention it's expensive as shit to live in the silicon valley.

>mfw shtf and programming junkies stuck in liberal hellholes programming wouldn't survive for shit cause their life revolves around symbols and letters on a screen.

This

because liberals have peter pan syndrome

>welding skills aint special

Actually less people will have welding abilities in 20 years than programming or tech

>they'll just a-automate welding

Outside of Underwater welding,most things that can be welded by a machine are already. Until they make robits that can scale tall ass buildings or weld inside of sewage tank with zero human assistance there will jobs for welders.

>I'm literally too lazy to do a simple search on salaries so I'll make myself look like a retard with no idea what I'm talking about

Where at? I've only ever heard of hedge fund and insurance programmers make that much

Fair enough, but if I'm dropping Google-levels of cash on a new office I wouldn't want to hear that we have to listen to the noisy ducts for the duration of our time there just so the cable installer doesn't have to work too hard. I still think its just a shitty asthetic choice with a minimal practical upside (ease of wiring) contrasting with a practical downside (noise). We all know they just do it because that is the hip construction style right now. New restaurants commonly have it, and I'm sure its not because they have to run hundreds of miles of cable for the pizza ovens.

i hope that's just a meeting room

Here's a sort of psychotic piece on it but it's pretty much exactly right:

nenadseo.com/the-contemporary-conformist/

Originally it was to attract tech talent. Too many jobs for too few really skilled people, so some companies start tacking on a lot of perks and amenities to try and stand out. "Come work for us! We're so easy going, there's bean bags and video games!"

Somewhere along the line I think the train left the rails, though, and now you have some companies that are daycare centers for no apparent reason. The owners just think it's cool now or something.

Dice recently posted the tech salary reports and the top paying was just under $150 for being experienced in developing the ai Google and Amazon use to sort web traffic on load balancers

Except thats not how it works

Theyll end up associating all that stuff with corporate garbage

Didn't they already prove this with rats not eating cheeses connected to electrodes?

Leftists have this weird fetish of childhood.

It was extremely dominant in the 70's in Denmark. It is hillarious looking back at old television seing two grown men and a woman, sitting on brightly colored furniture talking about fucking politics, but as if they were 5 years old. With their weird hippie baby accent.

there's a fucking pillow and blanket in the corner

much too flamboyant

Because it was.

glassdoor.com/Salary/Google-Software-Engineer-Salaries-E9079_D_KO7,24.htm
160k for entry level. A senior (3-5 years of experience) makes an average of 250k.
glassdoor.com/Salary/Google-Senior-Software-Engineer-Salaries-E9079_D_KO7,31.htm

at least there's lots to look at while you pretend to pay attention

It's like the movie Logan's Run-Daycare for those condemned to be disposed of before the "old" age of 30. Shit, Google even wants to build a domed campus like that dystopian 70's movie.

They are trying to maintain the office job paradigm, because increasingly more people are noticing that something is off. Instead of having the standard grey dull offices with cubicles, they claim they are so revolutionary with their colorful cuddle blankets and dildos. It is litterally just a case of same shit, diifferent branding.

AWS

100K in stock is current value. at hire, it would be roughly 40% of that (stock has appreciated significantly).

either way, i'm done. it's not fun anymore, it's just a constant death march to tack features to a brittle system pushed to its limits.

there is no fucking AI being used to "sort web traffic on load-balancers"

We haven't even conquered the challenges of scale, performance, state, and security with application load-balancing.

How's it feel knowing the millennials make more money in an hour then you do in a month?

>more successful
At this point working at Google is like being at US steel in the 60's. Everyone does it, it's pretty much the default good career(tm). No reason to be jealous of drones.

All these huttburt techies bragging about their serf-tier (in san fran) wages

Lol @ u all.

I make twice that much and work about 5 to 10 hours a week buying and selling machinery. Old school tech grad ftw. Computers are boring. Making deals is where the fun is.

No worries, I'll just retire to fuck your mom

4 hours x 5 days a week

I do well over 200k, I have my own company though.

The more pleasing the office environment is, the more time an employee will spend there. This is why Google, for example, lets employees sleep overnight in their campuses. The logic is that if you go to bed at work, you'll likely continue working after your standard 8 hour day and before your day even starts. The worker doesn't even realize he/she is working overtime. It's a subtle psychological manipulation to gain more productivity for less.

These pussies

Workplaces should bet non-airconditioned and should have no chairs! Fuck a comfortable place that makes you more agreeable to work, those are for kids!

>bright colors to attract the eye
>probably designed by gay employees for whom this is a full time job, gotta have gays in tech
>nap time bleachers for tired millennial kids
>logos plastered everywhere to keep up morale
>implication that it's fun because video games are on a screen
>conference vidphone on desk reveals presence of big brother
>all chairs the same, true executives will never come into the physical presence of the normie employee except a few times a year, must keep morale up
>combloc style apartments outside reveal what they go home to

google kikes btfo

wheeeee look i have a fun career despite the average burnout period being 18 months here at google!

Millennials are dirt poor and riddled with debt. wtf r u on about?

Yeah aren't they the ones who are so poor that they needed bernie's free shekels?

fucking kids

teach me

Most of these "innovative" programmers do jack all for work. They essentially do the work from Office Space, often scanning through hundreds of lines of code and injecting new lines or redacting old ones as their bosses instruct them. Literal copy and paste /this/ between here/ /and here.

I am A+ and C+ certified. I find that I am much happy working part time in a kitchen, part time repairing watches, and the rest of my time shitposting on /pol and resetting and maintaining Minecraft servers that my buddy owns.

I quit my job at the local Microsoft HQ as a Cisco intern. The atmosphere of comfort breeds uncontrollably narcissistic and socially liberal dickheads. I am much happier making 50k a year than I ever would making 70k surrounded by people who constantly contact HR for minute infractions like untucked shirts or throwing styrofoam in the recycling bin . Yes HR at the my towns location had an obsession with recycling, would threaten peoples jobs if they didn't comply with precision, and people were perfectly okay with it. It was a lot like middle school but with fully grown men sulking and digging through the "type 1" bin for a cup they tossed in hours prior with a short, fat lemur-cunt threatening to call the bossman.

Conviction is a fucking sacrifice m8s... A really cruel one...

>The atmosphere of comfort breeds uncontrollably narcissistic and socially liberal dickheads.
That often explained things.

Sheltered people, detached from reality. Even more damaging with an enforced group morale and thinking.

Ah, another idiot making up stories and pretending he knows how these companies work. No one at Microsoft makes only 70k, except maybe the janitors and cafeteria workers.

at times I do feel jealous, but then I remember even if they make a 100k salary in silicone valley I can still have a better standard of living with 60k in a real part of civilzations

>muh millennials
Yes there's a problem, but you're part of it too fucktard.

>Alphabet

Lol.

Pretty sure they employ military contractors too.

>no one at microsoft makes 70k

It's what I would have been making you massive faglord. I'm not amazingly skilled to I ask for reasonable compensation you fucking mong. I'm not going to ask for 150k if my skill is only worth maybe 50k. They offered me the extra 20 and training so I took it.

I went to ITT Tech. My certs are good but I still lack the prerequisites required to make it like the bigguns. I hope that my enrollment in a CC will give me the knowledge I need to rightfully spange for more pay.

Except Microsoft doesn't hire "Cisco interns". They have a standard set of positions with standard salary ranges for each level. I wonder how autistic you would have to be to make up stories about HR people being obsessed with recycling on an anonymous imageboard.

You buy shit cheap
@
Sell at a markup