Pet ownership is essentially slavery

You purchase your pet. You force it to live with you. You train it to obey, and if it doesn't, you punish it. You use it for entertainment, companionship and/or labor, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.

>But he/she's happy, you can see it.
One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome. After all, they were taken forcefully from their mother (unless it's a stray).

>They wouldn't survive in the wild anyways
That argument only applies to the "pets" that are still in circulation, not continuous pet-breeding.
>So you want to make some animals go extinct
Pets aren't necessary for the eco-system, not even in the slightest. Also, I'm not saying that we should kill all current pets, just stop the breeding. Pets that currently are in circulation should remain pets, but not be allowed to produce offspring.

Anyhow, say what you want, but breeding animals for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.

youtube.com/watch?v=5e_cr7tbc7w

that fucker has been on the microwave for like an hour don't tell me he's a slave what the fuck is he even doing there

So I guess keeping Muslims in your home is in slavery because you can't get them to obey you ?

Isn't*

you do realize that the dog racecame to existance in symbiosis with humans, right? it is meant to be a pet/tool for humans

> tfw never punished any of my dogs for not obeying

OPs post is based on the assumption that animals are equal to humans in any way

an animal is an animal, a complex biological machine, a human is made in the image of God

I'm fine with this, I think we should take back slavery. It's what powered Rome and ancient Greece, the two most powerful White civilizations in history.

>Sweden
Really fires up my neurons, fampai.

>You purchase your pet.
Nope.

>tfw no cutey germanic slave to clean my house in a French maid outfit

They are equal to us in the way that they are living creatures like we are, creatures who can also feel pain, can get traumatized and depressed, and need to be treated gently and with respect. So we are not free to do with them as we like just because we are more powerful.
Sure we can keep them as pets, but we need to treat them with equal respect.

I have a pet door built into my door. They can leave anytime they want. I'm the slave to the pet, I feed it, I work for it. Fuck your backwards logic.

Yes

Is he free to leave whenever he wants to? Or is he imprisoned?
Does that justify it? Humans have committed murder for millennia, does that justify murder? Or is murder still wrong?
I agree that from a religious perspective (namely the Abrahamic religions), then animals are tools and companions, not equal to us. However, that doesn't mean you should treat them poorly (like SO MANY pet-owners do). It also doesn't mean you should snatch them away from their mother. If you intend on taking in a pet, then you do best to taket in the mother and her/his siblings as well. Anything else is just cruel. Remember, this is only speaking from a theistic perspective. From an atheistic perspective it becomes more troublesome.
You just stole it or what?

The abolition of slavery is what triggered the industrial revolution though.

You're on the right track. Keep it up.

Cats and dogs are functional animals which had selectively bred for useful and secondary to be companion. Keeping useless animal only eating and shitting is degenerate.

Child ownership is no different.

Follow the rules: Don't work with children or animals.

windows fucking open, it can leave and never return if that's what it wants.

i should train my dog to pick cotton

Fucking dogs have evolved to live with humans, you can go fuck yourself

>Does that justify it? Humans have committed murder for millennia, does that justify murder? Or is murder still wrong?

You're either baiting or legitimately retarded.

Dogs LITERALLY cannot live without humans.
They can't effectively hunt, so if thrown out of a home they will be reduced to scavenging.

Dogs depend on humans, and humans find dogs useful.

Many species have a two way relationship, stop being retarded.

>Child ownership is no different.
Except it is. The child isn't forcefully taken away from their parents after birth, to be sold to someone else, is it? The child is also more free than a pet is. Then it's also the fact that they can do whatever they want once they turn 18. Is it the same for pets? No, they stay imprisoned for the rest of their lives.
It's a bit harder since you live in Canada. It would probably not survive in that climate. So even if it wanted to leave, it couldn't.

Also, you're anthropomorfizying animals. They don't feel the same as us. Fucking moron

Actually, my cat, as a kitten scratched at my door, I opened it, and she meowed at me. She walked in, and I have done nothing but love her, and feed her.

She's a good cat, and if she wanted to leave, she could

Ah yes, the cat should buy a house. But cats are notoriously lazy workers so I doubt it could hold down a job.

The cat showed up here one day. That was 6 years ago.

The other one was a stray dog that had ben hit by a car.

>Dogs LITERALLY cannot live without humans.
Yes they can. There are plenty of stray dogs who survive without their previous owners. Besides, how does that justify you continuing breeding animals for your own personal enjoyment? Stop the breeding.

I mean, I don't even believe you comprehend what it is you're saying. Most humans can't live without the government either nowadays. They've grown too dependant on them. Should they never be allowed to leave then? Try their luck? Nah, fuck it, big daddy government needs to be present and infringe on your naturally inherent freedom.

Yes they are domesticated animals that do not have the capacity to enjoy the concept of liberty. They are literally lesser beings.

sage

>Keeping a pet as a companion goes against it's "own naturally inherent freedom"

>But it's okay to force them not to produce offspring (literally the most natural freedom animals possess)

Yep. You're an idiot. Next.

>do whatever they want once they turn 18

I was told what to say, given clothes to wear, told how to behave. my entire life was scripted from the start. I would try to buy clothes and my parents would throw them out. I would try to have opinions and my parents would call a psychiatric ward. Then I turned 18 and was kicked out of home. I was thin and malnourished and didn't fit in anywhere.

So when you tell me a child is more free than a pet, I disagree. a child is a blank piece of paper for it's mother to shit a pretty picture on. A child is a tool a father uses to obtain cheap labour.

A child is nothing. People really care for their pets and smother them with love, in between long periods of neglect. I would have preferred that, a life of consistent feeding, of being able to sleep in, the little things. To have been born just as a workhorse for the elders of my own species is deplorable.

anyone speaking on behalf of animals is refusing to address the central issue, which is the massive difference between humans and animals

they want to convince you that because animals and humans have superficial similarities, that means that any of the assumptions regarding humans apply to animals as well

its a mental illness to pretend that an animal wants anything except to fulfill its biological imperitaves, or that it has thoughts or preferences

Nothing wrong with that.
My point obviously went straight over your head. Try reading my post again and see if you can understand.
Also nothing wrong, granted she/he is free to leave whenever she/he wants.

If they weren't our pets, they'd be at the pound waiting to be "put to sleep". They're lucky to be our companions under these circumstances.

pic related - my childhood

I wish I had a little nigglet I could keep as a pet.

pull your head out of your arse

If you were a dog, would you prefer:
A) Living with a human who adores you, showers you with love and treats and provides a warm, safe place to sleep.
B) Living on the streets, having to fight other strays for every morsel of food, becoming infected with worms and other diseases making your life hell, and if you're lucky, perhaps finding some ditch to sleep in.

Is this why niggers hate dogs and cats? Were pets higher up in the pecking order over human slaves? Then the resentment built up over the centuries, and we are left with the situation we're in today?
Maybe we should've sterilized slaves based on this kind of morality.

are you serious

its the fucking opposite. have you seen how westerners treat their pets? better than their fucking children. they dote on them and bring them everything they could possibly want. they throw them birthday parties for fucks sake.

they get to spend their whole existence sleeping, being fed, and being played with.

Stop liking what I don't like: the thread.

What if all dogs want to live with people?

Just like how cockroaches don't give a fuck if you rip off one of their legs?

This sounds a bit like a shitpost but this genuinely makes me angry. Animals are not humans, they don't think the same way we do. Anthropomorphizing them like this is the true abuse because it leads to people treating them like people, giving them people food, and doing other stupid shit that harms them.

What she wished she could find was
A fruit filled with vile, had she cared to look,
She would find it in their innocent smiles

I let my cats outside several times per day.

They always come back.

Do I force them to return?

No. They choose to return, either out of necessity (food, shelter) or desire (comfort, attention).

The human-animal relationship has always been symbiotic.

I wouldn't expect a nuSwede to understand this any way.

A slave is defined as a person. Animals cannot be slaves, as they are neither people nor equal to humans. Humans are the dominant species on earth. We are worth more than animals.

Are you trying to say an animal's life is of similar value to a human's? Are you equating yourself to an animal? There's a reason Sup Forums compares black people to apes... And it's not as a compliment.

Animals are beneath us. If we want to eat them, fine. If we want to keep them as pets, fine. If you want to be a little bitch and lower your self worth to that of food, be me guest.

You might as well go ahead and start walking on all fours from now on, like the animals you care for so deeply.

>slavery
>wrong

truth

>that it has thoughts or preferences
If you seriously think that dogs dont have preferences or a thoughtprocess going on in their brainpan you´re as retarded as that fucking mudslime Op who wants to see dogs gone.

>No. They choose to return, either out of necessity (food, shelter) or desire (comfort, attention).

Institutionalization plus an utter lack of survival skills brought on by a lifetime of being doted on.

My cat sometimes goes outside, he could leave if he wanted to.

Sound like good pretext to future free "democracy".

>Swedish flag
>hates pets
Fuck off, Mohammedan scum.

Animals have no need for self determination. Animals just only have insticts and emotions. Their main goal in life to survive and reproduce and we give these two thing to them in plate.
And that how you treat your pet is subjective and varies between person.
Now you can go back to suck cock.

So they can't survive without human interaction?

Then what makes you think leaving them to starve in the wild is more "humane?"

Morals don't apply to animals.

Why are you such a colossal faggot?

Dogs are a mans best friend you fucking queer

You don't enslave your friends.

Pets have extremely comfortable lives compared to most animals user, comparable only to humans really. My pets come and go as they please and guess what, they always come home because they prefer easy, regular, high-quality meals and comfortable beds to the wild.

I can enslave whoever I want. Who's gonna stop me? Certainly not Sweden.

You conveniently ignore that: a good owner is loved by his pet(s), improves both their quality and quantity of life compared to their wild brethren (fish excepted), and provides them with stable food, water and shelter. Yes freedom of movement is restricted, but that's out of necessity: cats kill native wildlife, most dogs haven't mastered the art of safely crossing the road, and both run the risk of being shot/poisoned/stolen/taken to the pound. Add to that that dogs and humans have lived and worked together for the past 10,000 years, to the point where dogs have genetically adapted to the arrangement, and you are left with no leg to stand on.

Not convinced? Ask . They will rip your bullshit to shreds.

Good post.

Thank you.

My dogs run free at my Texas ranch. 300 acres for them to explore, hunt, swim, play. They always come back to the house to eat and hang out most of the day, though. If they wanted they could run away anytime they wanted but they choose to come back every time.

Are they prisoners, pol?

>One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome. After all, they were taken forcefully from their mother (unless it's a stray).

Mothers begin to reject and give them independence 6 weeks, 8 weeks is the perfect time to make a transition to his future environment, in fact if you get him away later chances are he will be more stressed and perturbed by his new environment.

>That argument only applies to the "pets" that are still in circulation, not continuous pet-breeding.

Dog evolved over thousands of years to become scavengers feeding themselves from human waste, it's like saying we enslaved bacteria in our gut, it's retarded.

>Pets aren't necessary for the eco-system, not even in the slightest. Also, I'm not saying that we should kill all current pets, just stop the breeding. Pets that currently are in circulation should remain pets, but not be allowed to produce offspring.

I propose the same with you Ahmed, sandniggers aren't necessary for the eco-system, not even the slightest, we should all sterilize you.

>Anyhow, say what you want, but breeding animals for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.

But importing cloud of niggers in our country for the enjoyment of liberals isn't right ?
The white man has much more symbiosis with a dog than he will ever have with a sandnigger like you, dirty subhuman.