What's pol's opinion on global warming?

what's pol's opinion on global warming?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age
spellcheckplus.com/
languagetool.org/
polishmywriting.com/
theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/03/oil-and-gas-industry-has-pumped-millions-into-republican-campaigns
climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
lmgtfy.com/?q=IPCC fraud scandal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably just as backwards as there other opinions.

Happening, naturally occurring.

Enjoy your ice age northern hemisphere. Nothing can stop it.

JUST TELL ME WHAT TO BELIEVE, TRUMP PLEASE

It's real it will destroy (((them))) so it's fine. Keep it up

We destroy the world by burning electronics, dumping industrial vats into water and overall being really shitty people. Coal isn't even a fraction of the damage we do. Fixing coal won't fix shit.

The global warming lobby is a multi billion dollar scam that never saved a damn thing.

Climate Change: The climate changes.
>You don't say

Real, question is if its manmade since we live currently in the ice age so its bound to get warmer sometimes.

Ice age is by the way when one or both poles are frozen the whole year depending on which definition you use meaning we are in one for around 3 million or 30 million years.

Weird how that is never mentioned when discussing global warming...

>what's pol's opinion on global warming?

that the people causing (accelerating) it are blaming the common man and it makes me sick

Their.
There, their and thar, learn them you fucking ape.

Nooooo!
Actually it's pretty rare for someone from Oz, the desert island dwellers, to not immediately start posting NASA and UN global warming charts in a thread like this, congrats!

Hoax made by the (((chinese))) to destroy american manufacturing.

Why cant we just make a big refrigerator and make icecubes until its all back to normal?

damn thats smart. who's theory is that

Here's the redpill

>earth's climate changes
>we're millenia due for a new ice age
>mankind has some, but negligible effect on it
>or we're saving the planet by warming it up to prevent the death of EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE
>(((people))) want you to pay money to (((save))) the planet by giving them money because you're just stupid goyim and only they know how

Hardline
>no one knows shit
>least of all, the modern cult of science
>shit will happen but not in your lifetime
>every dime you cough up to saaaave the woooorld goes to line the pockets of Soros and his ilk

It's the end result. Energy is the foundation of cheap industry. If Europe and Britain cripple themselves by not using cheap energy and China uses cheap energy, China wins.

The only way to change that is to change what "cheap energy" is, using newer better tech.

Can you please stop contradicting empirical science?

> Its a massive conspiracy!

Yeah, like evolution and gravity.

>Global warming due to human activity
Nope.

>Climate changing because that's what the Earth does
Yes.

This guy was my red pill. Trying to fight the science, as real or sometimes outright false as if may be, is generally pointless. Looking at energy use in terms of human advancement and quality of life is pretty hard to argue against.

Where do you think the carbon that we burn goes?

Good thing, because all of these pathetic countries will get washed away

I apologize for my fellow Polish poster

We gave him a computer as a joke

>we're millenia due for a new ice age

We are in an iceage currently...

>what's pol's opinion on global warming?

It's a non problem, brought to your attention by the same people that told you that hillary was winning.

Cheap energy =
nuke reactors --> thorium reacties
Expensive energy = every time you try to move towards cheap energy you have to pay out the ass because conventional energy lobby groups pay to silence and demonize you

Empirical science in terms of geological time is figuring out what happened in the past and preparing to prevent or mitigate the effects of the pendulum's swing.

The measly weather data of a few hundred centuries time, marred by political scandal and working for interest groups is not empirical science, it is calling doomsday knowing you'll be proven right eventually.

Myth

>le carbon bad maymay
If they told you oxygen was bad you'd believe it

Aleppo? What is Aleppo?

There's no denying that the earths climate is changing and has changed

What is very much up for debate is how much of a difference human activity has or not

For example if we've only sped things up by 50 or 100 years then it really makes no difference

What I do have a problem with though is countries with tiny ass populations like Canada having to pay out the ass while the US and China basically ignore this shit

We're not in an ice age until everyone north of Gibraltar starves. No one gives a shit about your succint and convenient definitions of a phenomenon that's effects not felt by contemporaries.

> nuke reactors --> thorium reacties
> cheap
If there weren't a million NIMBY savages shitting on your parade, maybe.

Also it's been known that scientists that wants to research anything except the "humans are evil and the sole cause of global warming" don't get funding

This pretty much.

Though I thought we're still on schedule for the next ice age, which would be relatively soon anyway. But I haven't seen the graphs in years.

Empirical science in terms of 97% of the scientific consciousness. Like plants have transformed the face of the earth with oxygen, we're doing the same thing with carbon. It's fucking crazy that we can even burn fossils/corpses to power our machinery to begin with.

It shouldn't be political because it's data and not your feelings. It has nothing to do with identity politics because what the fuck are you conserving to begin with? Taxes won't matter if Florida is building walls to keep out the ocean.

Why cant we just invade Iceland, steal all theirs ice and snow and transport it north?
Or just trade oil for snow with Greenland until theres enough to balance it out.

>If they told you oxygen was bad you'd believe it

This is true, unfortunately.

youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw

>If there weren't a million NIMBY savages shitting on your parade, maybe.
The entire reason why we are sihtposting for the alt-right and the fash faggots is in hopes that they go apeshit and gas the naysayers so the ones putting actual work into advancing the human race can take a breather and regroup after the hell we've been through post WWII.

why aren't more places doing this now

or digging canals the ocean can fill as it rises

Oxygen is bad you fucking idiot. It caused a massive extinction and is corrosive to life. You burning trillion of pounds of corpses effects the eco-system and turns on a heating effect that is similar to that of Venus. Yes, the earth will still spin but we're going to wipe half of what we call life out and that may include us.

They are in coastal countries. Ask Cubans and the Japanese and they'll tell you why they're shitting their pants. Rednecks who have never seen an ocean are going to to be the ones arguing.

>Like plants have transformed the face of the earth with oxygen, we're doing the same thing with carbon. It's fucking crazy that we can even burn fossils/corpses to power our machinery to begin with.
The very same dinosaurs Jesus used to ride to mass were occasionally suffocated by clouds of CO2 at night. This used to be a real issue. It's not an issue now. You believe in imaginary problems tailor-made to get into your wallet.

>It shouldn't be political because it's data and not your feelings.

Has this thought never entered your mind?
>Maybe you've been brainwashed too.

>97% of the scientific consciousness.

Are you implying that all scientists are climate scientists?

Literally couldn't care less if it is or isn't happening.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

Not my definition. Just because it doesnt fit your worldview doesnt mean its wrong

>Scientists have determined that Hillary Clinton has a 99% chance of winning the elections

>Climate changing because that's what the Earth does
lmao wtf does that mean? what's the cause then?

>Just because it doesnt fit your worldview doesnt mean its wrong

>The shit I believe in is G*d's unadulterated truth. Really makes you think, huh?

>pollsters are climate scientists

Not manmade, most of Sup Forums is still bluepilled on it. Our impact on earth is much more localized.

>Empirical science in terms of geological time is figuring out what happened in the past and preparing to prevent or mitigate the effects of the pendulum's swing.
we actually have a pretty good understanding of what happened in the past. read the scientific papers

Here is my opinion.

No matter if it's real, we need to use and buy less oil from shitholes. And cleaner air would be good too.

There was a cartoon making this point.

>scientists speak like toddlers
i dare you to find one scientific papers that say something as infantile as co2 is bad

It really doesn't matter. Even if it's true, humanity won't last long enough to see the worst of the consequences.

>humans are evil and the sole cause of global warming
scientists don't speak babby talk

>we actually have a pretty good understanding of what happened in the past. read the bible

This is you

real and man made tbḩ
really frustrating to see the ingorance of supposedly "red pilled" people on a daily

>pollsters are scientists let alone climate scientists

are you trolling or really this stupid?

it exists
our contribution is minimal
cooling will outweigh warming over the next few centuries

the end

>the label scientist carries when it suits me
Are you muslim??

There is small scale climate change when you build a big city full of concrete it get hotter and stays hotter at night. this has affects on local microclimates. The carbon tax and restrictions is the real goal of global warming hoax.

>opinion

>on physics

learn english vodka monkey

Black holes are just an opinion.
So is (((dark))) energy.

If the ice caps melt, I get sea-front property. MELT FASTER.

The sentence is grammatically correct you illiterate gypsy abortion remains.

Used to be called global warming, then thry backpeddled and called it climate change, because everyone knownthe climate changes. If they would just call it polution again i would support it but this bs about dont use gasoline because it makes the earth hotter, nah.

Climate change is a natural phenomenon driven by solar variation.

Anthropogenic climate change is a psuedoscientific myth hyped by the left to justify their political agenda.

The left has created a massive financial incentive for scientific fraud in climatology.

After the AGW fraud subsides it will take decades for climatology to repair its credibility.

>grammatically correct
>doesn't make any sense

>Used to be called global warming, then thry backpeddled and called it climate change
>things that only happened in your mind

Global warming is a crook

climate change is real

I live on that island.... pls dont drown me ;_;

it's real
it's caused by humans
however
BURN BABY BURN

If you don't like global warming you are welcome to complain to the sun.

>Anthropogenic climate change is a psuedoscientific myth
what's causing the sudden increase in temperatures then?

>The left has created a massive financial incentive for scientific fraud in climatology.

>After the AGW fraud subsides it will take decades for climatology to repair its credibility.
evidence?

spellcheckplus.com/
languagetool.org/
polishmywriting.com/

It doesn't make sense to you because your mother drank throughout her pregnancy to cloud the memories of getting raped by a baboon at the zoo.

Climate Change is real and caused by humans.

Global Warming doomsday is made up.

We're just gonna keep going and even in the worst case scenario, the worst that happens is some 3rd world shitters die.

>what's causing the sudden increase in temperatures then?
financially motivated scientific fraud. raw satellite data shows no increase in global temps

>solar activity is down
>temperatures go up
>the sun is the cause
you don't really believe that do you?

It's natural and caused by factors out of our control. While I do believe pollution is bad and can damage our health if we don't have clean air/ water in the environment, we shouldn't be taxing food for global warming.

>too stupid to understand it doesn't make any
sense
>he gives me a spells check instead

temperatures haven't gone up. that was my whole point. you are being lied to.

>its fake because liberals believe in it!
not an argument
>its a multi-billion dollar scam!
yet to see any real evidence for this. on the other hand, in the real world oil money rules America theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/03/oil-and-gas-industry-has-pumped-millions-into-republican-campaigns
>its naturally occuring and would happen anyway!
then you haven't done any research climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

everyone wants a clean place to live but no country wants to lose track in the buisness world for it

>financially motivated scientific fraud. raw satellite data shows no increase in global temps
provide evidence for both of your claims

Its a symptom not a cause

This. Anyway what's causing the increase in shilling for climate change in /pol?

The conformity of an authority I believe in carries emotional weight in any argument I find myself in when said higher power conforms to my worldviews.

/thread

lmgtfy.com/?q=IPCC fraud scandal

>selectively cherry-picking the end of the time period in the graph
guess what's happened after 1976

guess what happened to ocean temperatures

Gee, almost like a tragedy of the commons, otherwise know why libertarianism is a fucking pipe dream.

>global warming
>central greenland ice core

not as dangerous as a reactor meltdown or atomic weapon detonation

Pulling out trillions of tonnes of buried carbon and putting it in the atmosphere is gonna change things - maybe quite a bit. There is now 50% more carbon in the atmosphere now than historically and rising. It's a serious long term threat.

De-growth was the only way to tackle it - but unfortunately through their hubris the mainstream left ignored that reality and in fact hijacked that narrative for their own purposes, i.e. global carbon taxes.

Sad.

>pollsters are hacks
>therefore actual scientists are hacks
that's the depth of your ""argument""

Corrupt climatologists have been caught numerous times 'cooking the books.'(See IPCC scandal for one) They would have been laughed out of science had it not been for their backing by the leftist establishment, which uses their fraud to push the left's political agenda.