Artbro goes to the US army

I'm about to enter the US army in 2 weeks. I have a question after I complete basic training will I still be able to practice drawing? Will I even be allowed too?

not Sup Forums
fuck off

You will be able to draw and stuff even in basic training. You get to have pens and paper. Many people in my basic training 10yrs ago draw during free time at night on on sundays.

>ctrl+f "/meg/"

Holy shit, does the mere mention of art "trigger" you Mike?

I think this works

Holy shit, does the mere sight of a malaysian flag "trigger" you, nigger lover?

Have fun being surrounded by blacks/Mexicans/cucked white people who say "fuck trump" all the time that couldn't hash it in the Corps.

>t. Best friend literally hates everyday of the army.

Hey how about that. After years of being on this site there are some things I do not know.

will the drill Sargent mock me for drawing

Noice! Cheers, user.

Sounds like your friend isn't infantry. Make sure you go combat arms, OP, or you are guaranteed to be surrounded by untermensch

really? you sound underage I need real advice

what you mean? give me the info I don't want to be surrounded by blacks and mestizos

you're allowed to train as much as you see fit, you will only need a mirror man

That's the sad part though. He IS 11b. His battle buddies would literally talk nonstop about Bernie and how trump was hitler, or how everybody was fat as hell.

Have fun being a glorified welfare queen, leech.

>fat as hell.
is this the fatcamp I hear so much about?

I didn't ask for your opinion inbred anglo

Show me your war face cadet!

Why do civilians always ask these dumbass questions?

>are you allowed to watch TV in the military?
>are you allowed to leave base?
>do you have to wear cammies all the time?

Just some of the things I have been asked. OP I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to draw while you do whatever softshit pog ass MOS you signed up for

Might as well be. My friend basically told me that the army was a dumping ground for the worst types of losers, with a small minority of people being extremely high speed.

My other friends in the coast guard and marines seem to have differing experiences.

He might just have bad luck.

the fuck you talking about?
ALL OF AMERICAN MILITARY FUCKING HATES TRUMP.
REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRATS THEY FUCKING HATE THE ORANGE NIGGER

Hah, I'm sure you experiencing it for yourself will be much better. Have fun.

When you join military you lose your first amendment rights, so no, you will not be allowed to draw

However, the Marines now has a safespace policy they are testing out at some bases. Whenever a marine is "triggered" by seeing a female in a combat role, or by being addressed by a gender-neutral title, they can go to their designated safe space where colored pencils and crayons will be provided

Holy shit OP I mean I don't know about the army but if one of my DIs ever caught a recruit drawing you can bet he would have been fucked with every day for the rest of the cycle. Why can't you just not be a faggot for 6 weeks or however long your basic training is?

Wrong

Former 11bravo fag here.

Army was the worst fucking thing ever. I needed braces but couldn't because of deployment. I couldn't use my tri care for the 3 years and some change of my shitty service.

I got out and couldn't be happier.

Have fun being paid below minimum wage with shitty benefits

Joining the Marines in my opinion is a bad idea. They have old equipment. The Army has new tech and weapons.

I was a medic in the 82nd. Infantry for the first couple years then got sent to a support battalion. It was crazy to see how races segregate themselves- the truck driver company was literally all nigs, the mechanic company was all spics, and the medical company which they stuck me in was all white except for medical supply guys who were either nig or spic. Other jobs sprinkled throughout the battalion were Intel which was mostly white but about 50/50 guy to gal, cooks and fuelers which were both nigs. It wasnt until I got sent to this hell hole when I realized the infantry was nearly all white and was run so much more efficiently that we were barely at work unless there was a field problem. Anyways, somebody commented that the army infantry isn't like this, maybe it's because I've been out for a few years and it's changed or maybe it's because I was in the airborne infantry and that tends to weed out the cowards (typically shitskins) right off the bat.

NOPE
go to any fucking base right now even the sergeants and COs are shittalking trump and threatens to discharge if they're sent to war by the orders of the new president

Is the army really that bad? Good lord, would the marines be any different

Are you any good? You going to draw animu girls and pokemon?

Yeah, but during basic it's pretty much like you're a POW so don't count on being able to have any fun at all.

PRIVATE WHY ARE YOU DRAWING 2D LOLI GIRLS

Air Force
Navy
Army Marines

In that order

Air Force
Navy
Coast Guard
Army
Marines

"DROP AND GIVE ME 20 DESUS!"
"Um, wha-?"
"NOW!"
*scared squeal*

>Trump
>sending us to war

Pick one.

when I sign up what section should I choose? I'm okay with some mestizos but not blacks. Infantry

>go to any base

Hey dumbass I'm an active duty marine and everyone in my unit is a trump supporter or at least a republican. I don't know what kind of pog as fuck unit you're in but grunts fucking love trump.

Depends on your asvab scores

Holy fucking shit, I realize that most people enlisting in the military are like 18, but this is really driving the point home. God damn, user. /r9k/ might be more your speed.
This made me laugh my ass off. What DO you draw, OP? Show us something. We'll pretend to be your drill sergeant.

If drill sgts know you can draw any good.
You WILL get volentold to draw platoon/company/battery/troop shirts or posters.

You will get fucked with but dont meglect youre other duties:
Cleaning
Studying
And of course pushing the fucking earth

here is a drawing I drew not very good but better than last year

Yep youre definitely going to be given drawing detail for shit

Do only poor retards join after high school? Don't smart people wait until after they get a bachelors degree (at a service academy or otherwise)?

This. Private Reyes who was a god at drawing was picked to paint the Drill Sergeant's mortar shell since he was a 11cuck

What if you're a professional. Why did a guy at work join the Navy reserve or something? What's that about? Does he get paid or just wants weekend valor?

I'm not an artist but I actually think you show potential, for what it's worth. I also think it's a terrible idea for you to join the army, you don't want to deny for Israeli/Saudi/whoever's interests. Try something more adventurous that also does not make you a pawn with a rifle.

>you don't want to die**

>why don't you just join the military AFTER you've incurred hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt? Only poor stupid redneck retards would join the military right out of high school

How is your wife's son doing?

People in reserves gets paid like 250-300 a month with benefits

Get airborne in your contract. Unless you get Europe (still Italy for airborne I think unless they shut that base down) or Alaska as your first duty station written in your contract, unless you want to be sent to fort Bragg, NC for your entire enlistment like I was. If you end up at Bragg, you'll pretty much be sent to a really old school unit. Expect it to be hell, but you I doubt you'll ever make better friends anywhere else for the rest of your life.

>implying officers actually make a difference in combat or tasks

>serving in the satanic pedo jew army

How fucking bluepilled can someone be?

These days, probably not. You'll have plenty of time to do whatever you want off duty though. You've got to remember that people from all walks of life join the military. Drawing is probably among the least weird things you could do. If it's your thing there sometimes a thing will come up for someone to come up with a new unit mascot too. If you're even remotely interested in it you'll probably win. 99% of the submissions are Ezio, some random knight, a superhero, or a stupid fucking slogan over a nondescript background.
>rock solid, strike hard

>tfw poorly drawn

corpral doodles, reporting for duty sir! na, I'm sure no one cares if you draw in free time.

Hey Mike how's the micro penis treating ya?

Enjoy dying for Israel

Fuck off, you fucking communist piece of trash leaf. Military service is the greatest thing that an individual can do, and the chances of death aren't really all that high, in the grand scheme of things.

The military offers an irreplicable experience that you won't get anywhere else.

Sorry for all the typos. Responding on my phone and I suck at it

Better be prepared to be the designated art recruit.

with these sick triples I'm buy me a farm in Wisconsin.

Your flag looks like the Earth flag from Futurama.

I want to be stationed like in Italy what do I have to do?

>were going to bomb the shit out of isis
>we're going to take the oil
ok nigger have fun being drafted and dying for a tv show host

Only if you draw degenerate stuff. Just stay classy and don't let your drawing get in the way of training.

I have a feeling it what I'm going to end up doing

Unless you go posting that shit around they'll probably never see it. Once you get out of red phase all the fucking with you is pre planned.

>will I still be able to practice drawing

Are you retarded, its like any other job, you're going to have leisure time to do whatever.

that's pretty good actually
don't see you mocked for that

Fuck you you clueless yankee retard. Military service has its benefits sure but you sign away your freedom to work, kill and be mutilated or killed (potentially) for the interests of Israel, Saudi Arabia and other "special interests". I guess you could stay with the army a while, get the experience and skills that they offer, then leave to work for yourself but you still spend years as a pawn for people that do not give a shit about you.

I'm not a anime fag, But anons I need you guys to rate my drawing. Here's a another one

Fell for the "Be a Graphics Artist and
Express Yourself!" recruiting meme!!!

LULZ

Honestly it's a 5/10. The soldier was a 6/10.

You do show potential though, keep at it, I think you will draw 10/10's.

It's like hes trying to say something.

yes, but only if you're dumb and don't lock your shit up

Good not great. Get your peoportions down. Face is kinda wide and that hair is atrocious.

Looks like a retarded Val Kilmer

Naval Officer here, yes you'll have down time to do what you want when you're not working/duty.

say king i'm sorry! king i apologize! say thats my ass!

Never said those things. He said he wanted to stop isis but that would be very easy. As for the oil that was in hindsight he does not want to invade countries for oil dumbass.

Haha you're not cut out faggot

Even leg units have few blacks. My battalion was maybe 1% and half of them were uncle toms. Lot of 2nd and 3rd generation Mexicans. Still 70%+ white and 95%+ for leadership positions. Only colored leader we had was a Samoan E7 from the 173rd. Guy was a pretty legit badass.

you gave him a nigger hairline

it is a sharpshooter of the British 95th rifles, I got a long way to go

Is that just the header of the thread title or is that a search function or a /k/ specific function?

10 years and never once seen that done

>that's pretty good
this guy's in the army too. 20 years old.
jaramo.tumblr.com/

the pencil drawings you're looking at is the average art you'd expect anyone in the military is capable of.
CO asks a random private to draw something. this what happens

How long have you been drawing, I used to do it as a kid, but I quit. I'd like to pick it up again.

>never said those things
by your logic he never said build wall or ban muslims
are you actually fucking retarded or you're just born wrong?

>Half arsed the planes on the left side of the face

OP you can do better.

Yes, but they may ask for good drawers when the platoon shirts are made toward the end.

I still got mine from 2008

Italy is tough as shit to get. That's where the 173rd airborne is. They only have one brigade and are pretty much the only unit there so it's tiny which is good because you don't have to deal with nearly as much bs as you would if you were near the "mothership." For example, the 82nd is at fort Bragg and that's also where forscom is and special forces headquarters and God knows what else so tons of generals are in the area and your unit will typically have their assholes puckered at all times and make you play by the rules to a T.

Sorry sort of got side tracked there, to go to the 173rd you need to be airborne qualified which you should get in your contract. Try to also get Italy as a duty station in your contract, but this might be hard to do- I've never heard of someone able to do this. If you just go airborne without a duty station guaranteed, you are at needs of the army and will be at least 4 times more likely to go to the 82nd because they have 4 brigades (remember 173rd has just 1 brigade). There is also the airborne brigade from 2nd id in Alaska which I hear is a surprisingly awesome duty station, probably because it's far from the mothership. But just know if you are airborne and infantry, these are the only 3 units you will end up. If you are one of the certain types of soft skill MOS's that get attached to SF units and are airborne, you might get sent to SF unit and put in their support battalion which I hear is an awesome duty assignment. SF has units everywhere, has a big ass budget for better quality of life, and doesn't care about petty rules. Again, if you go airborne, no matter your MOS, expect to get sent to fort Bragg because they need the most people.

Been a long time since I seen a BFA on a 50

what airborne? are they like paratroopers? damn I'm scared of heights. What about Spain?